Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Let's be CNN's new morning show, 'NEW DAY' !

I'm the sassy, curvy Latina who, within the first five minutes of the premier broadcast, rolled my neck twice, rolled my eyes once and has been cinched and Spanxed so tight in this damn tight ass red dress, I swear to god I'm gonna blow a button to the moon if I move the wrong way. I will NOT be taking any of Chris Cuomo's blathering, blubbering bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 5708/12/2013

That show was a total wreck this morning and they'd better fix all the little problems if they're going to compete against the networks' morning shows.

I'm already tired of Cuomo and there's no way I'll be able to watch him every morning. Know nothing of the other two people. The set is cliche and silly.

by Anonymousreply 106/17/2013

Well I'm sorry I missed it! I love a trainwreck, I'm going to definitely tape it tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 206/17/2013

Do not be dissing my Michaela!

by Anonymousreply 306/17/2013

I haven't seen this, but I love the name Michaela

by Anonymousreply 406/17/2013

Im Don Lemon, pursing my lips disapprovingly and changing the channel to MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 506/17/2013

I saw it and, yes, they're trying much too hard.

by Anonymousreply 606/17/2013

I'm Diane Sawyer, fuming over Chris Cuomo ripping off my shtick.

by Anonymousreply 706/17/2013

Cuomo has a weird accent. Do his father and brother speak that way?

by Anonymousreply 806/17/2013

In the promos he is so overly Faked Baked that he looks jaundiced. Worse than Tan Mom. Uggggly..

by Anonymousreply 906/17/2013

Hey ease up on michaela fat jokes please. She was an anchor here in los angeles and did pretty well alongside the fruit jobs, self absorbed douchebags and famewhores that were her colleagues. I can't really watch that morning show now that she's gone, seems like no ones in charge.

by Anonymousreply 1006/17/2013

Okay, so Cuomo is insufferable as always.

I don't get the Michaela woman. Apparently she was popular with people like R10 back in Los Angeles but she appears very awkward and uncomfortable here.

For one thing, she's an obese woman, which of course should have nothing to do with her job, but she's a complete mess: Wiley hair all over the place, a heavy mane that doesn't look right on her, the plunging neckline on everything she wears and in every promo of her, on each of the now two shows, she's wearing these over tight wrap dresses four sizes two small for her heavy frame, short hemline showing gigantic legs wrinkled with fat and mismatched heels.

I realize DL's female fat acceptance brigade will go off on me for saying all that, but I'm only stating what I'm seeing and the lady looks very very uncomfortable, squirming around in her seat as if she's trying to avoid having her sides spill over the side of the chair.

They should give them a non see-through table at least, or allow her to dress more comfortably.

The blonde seems like a typical Fox News airhead but I'll take her and Michaela any day over the smarmy, irritating Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 1106/18/2013

I noticed yesterday what R11 is saying. I have no problem with the woman's size but she really does seem very uncomfortable and maybe that's because its a new job with national exposure.

That said, she does indeed wear the same type of dress constantly, very low cut and very tight. She's a very big girl so it isn't as flattering on her as she may think it is. Then again, is it possible the network people are making her dress that way?

by Anonymousreply 1206/18/2013

HD is not Michaela's friend. The area around her eyes looks aged, and that mess of hair just looks horrible.

by Anonymousreply 1306/18/2013

r13, the hair is possibly a wig. Maybe.

It's weird that they have Cuomo and the blond-bot doing news, but then the other woman is also doing news. I thought she was the weather person or whatever but essentially they have three people reporting the news, two of them going more in depth.

I realize new shows have bumps, but this is CNN and this team is very seasoned, so I'm not sure why it would be so awkward.

by Anonymousreply 1406/18/2013

Her hair was like that all through her time in LA, R15.

by Anonymousreply 1606/18/2013

Wait--I thought we loved Chris!

by Anonymousreply 1706/18/2013

I love the bitchy article TVNewser wrote.

by Anonymousreply 1806/18/2013

Michalea has the misfortune to be paired with Kate.

by Anonymousreply 1906/18/2013

But Chris has muscles. This morning he was yammering about picking up and passing some scrawny reporter from CNN back and forth with Fabio.

by Anonymousreply 2006/18/2013

Christine Romans is the only thing worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 2106/18/2013

Chris does not have a nice, inviting anus

by Anonymousreply 2206/18/2013

R22 - Who is Brianna Williams? Don't you mean Brianna Keilar?

by Anonymousreply 2306/18/2013

Michaela Pereira has really blimped up since her days at Tech TV about 10 years ago. She wasn't fat then.

by Anonymousreply 2406/18/2013

R24 - Michaela was hot.

by Anonymousreply 2506/18/2013

[quote] Michaela Pereira has really blimped up since her days at Tech TV about 10 years ago. She wasn't fat then.

Somewhere during her time at KTLA she was out for a week or two after having knee surgery. So that could be part of the reason.

by Anonymousreply 2606/18/2013

What do we know about Kate?

by Anonymousreply 2706/18/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 2806/18/2013

Michaela is so unhealthy-looking that she's disturbing to watch.

I guess Zucker was nostalgic for Al Roker, whose pre-gastric-bypass figure made for such Today Show magic.

by Anonymousreply 2906/18/2013

I'm Chris Cuomo's massive fuckmeat, nestling at half-erection into his Armani suit pants, as I secretly ride commando all day, straining against the sleek material to give Chris an admirable bulge.

by Anonymousreply 3006/19/2013

Another day, another too tight wrap dress. Does wardrobe hate Michaela?

by Anonymousreply 3106/19/2013

It's not going to get many viewers on the west coast, since it airs from 3AM-6AM, but I guess it's better than getting three-hours old news from Today and GMA.

by Anonymousreply 3206/19/2013

Chris picked me up at the airport. Before he deposited me (and my bags) at my stunning New York apartment, he bought me breakfast!!

by Anonymousreply 3306/19/2013

I'm keepin' it honest..

Michaela is a fat pig with a rat nest for hair.

by Anonymousreply 3406/19/2013

Chris Cuomo is obnoxious. At least he looks less simian than his platyrrhine brother...

by Anonymousreply 3506/19/2013

Based on all the snarky comments the show has received I had to watch it! The fat woman with the bouncy wig sits on the couch in a way that reminds me of someone trying to hold in a shart. And she is about to lose the battle. The blonde looks like she has anger issues that could come to a head at any moment. Unpleasant, at best. I can barely look at Cuomo and his Tan Mom Fake Baked tan. I thought the color on my t.v. needed adjusting. Just awful. Anyone of us could do better. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3606/19/2013

[quote] Chris does not have a nice, inviting anus

Your anus is much more inviting, Brian Williams.

by Anonymousreply 3706/19/2013

I love Michaela and think she is the best thing about the show.

by Anonymousreply 3806/19/2013

R38, you're obviously a pre-established fangirl from the West Coast. Otherwise, how can you say that in barely 72 hours?

I have no problem with Michaela but the poor thing needs to wear something more appropriate because it's distracting and she seems so dang uncomfortable. Like me it must make many others feel really bad for her.

Those wrap dresses have got to go, they're ridiculous looking. I know I shouldn't bitch about her hair, it's her choice, but it's a mess and really does look like a bad costume wig.

The blonde chick is bland and is ONLY there because she's white, blond and "pretty".

Cuomo is a moron and is completely convinced he's lusted after by the human race. His pompousness is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 3906/19/2013

I agree about the wrap dresses, she needs to vary it up.

I don't think she is uncomfortable. I think she just knows when her cue is and tries to make her cue, but the other two are so busy trying to fake a homey, conversational atmosphere that there is too much CROSS-TALK going on. And that in general makes for a very nervous ambiance.

I think Cuomo are Kate Buoldan (?) are the problem. Cuomo seems to not want to be there. Keep Michaela and get two co-anchors with a more natural style.

by Anonymousreply 4006/19/2013

Michaela needs a better wardrobe stat.

by Anonymousreply 4106/20/2013

Michaela is the Spanish Oprah- fat pig trying to be glamorous, in unflattering clothes doing all those feel good frau stories- bluchhhh.

by Anonymousreply 4206/20/2013

Here you are, 29-year-old Kate Bolduan, about to become a morning anchor for the first time in your life, with not just a new network TV show riding on you but perhaps your network’s chances of recovering its incredible shrinking ratings.

Nervous?

Well, sort of — “If I wasn’t nervous, I wouldn’t have a pulse,” she says brightly — but, well, no, not exactly. “I’ve never been nervous in front of a TV camera,” she says later.

Why her and why now? Bolduan laughs and answers with self-mocking bravado: “Because I’m super awesome!”

You’d be confident, too, if you’d scrambled up the slippery TV-news ladder as fast as Kate Bolduan. After graduating from George Washington University just eight years ago, she went from an internship at NBC News and WRC-TV in Washington to her first on-air reporting job at a station in North Carolina without a single minute on TV. She was 24 when CNN Newsource, the network’s wire service for local TV stations, hired her to cover national stories. A few short hops later, she was covering Congress for the mother network and sitting next to Wolf Blitzer as a co-anchor on “The Situation Room.”

by Anonymousreply 4306/20/2013

R42 She's not Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 4406/20/2013

Michaela's actually from Canada (Saskatoon, to be exact)

by Anonymousreply 4506/20/2013

R45 Yes, and she's BLACK, not Latina, and adopted. (Pereira is a Portuguese surname, and belongs to her adopted family.)

by Anonymousreply 4606/20/2013

That's right R44!!!

by Anonymousreply 4706/20/2013

It's probably the "Pereira" surname that is throwing people off, because it's not an uncommon name to find from Mexico all the way to the Patagonia. In other words you can find it in all Latin America(including the Caribbean of course).

I thought she was a black-latina when I first saw her, but I guess she's not even from the Americas(but somehow eneded up in Canada??).

by Anonymousreply 4806/20/2013

How long do you think this show will last?

by Anonymousreply 4906/26/2013

Michaela is the only good thing about this show.

Kate acts like a silly 14 year old girl.

Chris seems challenged, or something....

by Anonymousreply 5006/26/2013

Cuomo is an IDIOT. He was whining about Wendy Davis and her filibuster last night in Texas saying that she could've just compromised with the Republicans instead of being dramatic. What a tool. You can't compromise with those asshats, they don't know the meaning of the word.

by Anonymousreply 5106/26/2013

Weekend New Day had Christi Paul and Brianna Keilar on today, wearing almost identical dresses.

by Anonymousreply 5208/11/2013

Christi and Brianna and Victor would be a better team for the weekday version than the current crew.

by Anonymousreply 5308/11/2013

What's a morning show?

by Anonymousreply 5408/12/2013

Ha! R54

by Anonymousreply 5508/12/2013

CNN’s newest program New Day also saw significant ratings gains compared to a year ago and topped MSNBC’s Morning Joe for four of the past six weeks in the demo 25-54 since the program launched (June 17, 2013). New Day also narrowed the gap significantly with Morning Joe this month compared to CNN programming a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 5608/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.