Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Harry Styles reads gay coming-of-age book and promotes it to his 13 mio twitter followers

You don't see Bieber doing this kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 21904/19/2015

bump

by Anonymousreply 106/16/2013

He could have thanked him in a private text or direct message, r2. Deciding to not only do it on Twitter, but attach a picture of the book (and avoid starting the tweet with the person's twitter name, so that everyone sees it) equals a concious decision to let the public/his fans know he's going to read this particular book. For someone who feels the need to call me an idiot in every other sentence, you seem remarkably naive about how Twitter works.

by Anonymousreply 306/16/2013

I'm not sure the Biebs even knows how to read. Isn't he one of those "stopped going to real school when he was a baby" people?

by Anonymousreply 406/16/2013

[quote]No, dingbat. It was a gift, and he was thanking the person who sent it to him. It wasn't promotion, idiot. In fact, he's basically saying that he can't read it yet. The little bitch is giving a 'thanks, but no thanks.'

Stop pretending to be a bitchy, naive ass for the sake of it.

It was total closet-busting moment and Styles is a master of this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2013

Speaking of.. Louis got a new possibly gay themed tattoo. He also said changed lyrics to HE's the best I've ever had" :) There was also an instance where Louis was very supportive of a fan who was transgender, he was being very sympathetic and he was very careful not to offend him. I think it speaks volumes that Louis knows this much about gender issues. He's not the insensitive homophobic asshole that everyone makes him out to be. The media narrative is completely fake. Just like Harry's womanizer narrative is completely fake too. Harry is clearly bi/gay, and he's wanted to come out for along time. Maybe Louis wants to come out too.. who knows.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

Think we may be closer than ever to getting an answer...

And this performance is sweet, around 3:00 Harry glances over at Louis and it's like the sun comes out. Want someone to look at me that way dammit!

by Anonymousreply 703/09/2015

Book

by Anonymousreply 803/09/2015

When Westboro came to a show

by Anonymousreply 903/09/2015

It really seems like one or both might come out, the campaign in that direction is really picking up momentum.

Anyone want to start a thread about it?

Harry "dumped" by beard Nadine Leopold according to Sugarscape.

by Anonymousreply 1003/10/2015

Article about Louis and Eleanour split in Yahoo UK.

Don't think anyone has ever come out at this stage of a career.

Either or both would be huge.

This is really getting interesting. Modest! used to pretty aggressively troll here, now seem gone.

Several Modest! employees, including the vocal coach, recently left the OTRA tour.

Imagine may keep status quo until after Dubai in April.

Stories in the media have switched away from the Modest! image of Harry as a "womanizer." Louis was heavily promoted over this break as a talent scout for SONY. They were seen by fans to be picking each other up from events.

They are still so young, it's crazy. Maybe they HAVE been together this whole time?

Modest! in 3, 2, 1...or crickets?

by Anonymousreply 1103/10/2015

Even Niall is getting his "bromance" promoted in the media.

The narrative sure has changed.

by Anonymousreply 1203/10/2015

Leeds on a Monday? Okkkkk...

by Anonymousreply 1303/10/2015

Modest! staff in Singapore, the departed choreographer is back.

Lots of cooks in the kitchen.

But not such obvious jockeying, push/pull, competing narratives.

Very homophobic countries coming up in March. Wonder what happens in April?

Harry cultivating the Azoffs and Louis hitching his career to Cowell can't hurt.

Shows back on as of 3/11.

by Anonymousreply 1403/10/2015

Zayn losing his beard as well?

Perrie photographed without ring while she and Zayn are in London over the 1D break.

Nadine gone?

El gone?

Perrie gone?

by Anonymousreply 1503/10/2015

Lots of media seeding re: Harry and Louis as individuals, shifting images. Lots of media seedings re: narratives of the 2 together in a "bromance." Haven't seen that in years.

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2015

Seeding has been going on for a long time in various media and on social media

Friendly outlets are Matt Bellassai, Sugarscape, Yahoo UK

by Anonymousreply 1703/10/2015

Harry Loves Louis shirt

in SEVENTEEN of all places

Still amazed that so much of this was in the media early on before the Modest! 180.

by Anonymousreply 1803/10/2015

Harry and his pattern of "winter girlfriends" - first day of spring, see ya later?!

Well, it is March...

by Anonymousreply 1903/10/2015

Meghan Trainor has said also likes Niall because he was nice and talked to her while the others ignored her backstage. Ellie Goulding is back to being friends with Niall even after being accused of cheating on ex bf Ed Sheeran with him.

by Anonymousreply 2003/10/2015

Harry bi narrative being pushed

More career sheltering than gay perhaps?

And a good son too, lol.

by Anonymousreply 2103/10/2015

Wow R18, Seventeen!!??

And the text reads:

[bold]'Larry' Harry[/bold]

The time Harry professed his love for Louis, and made all of our 1D dreams come true.

by Anonymousreply 2203/10/2015

Niall seems like a good guy. Maybe less overtly mercenary.

by Anonymousreply 2303/10/2015

You can be sarcastic R22.

What I recall about Seventeen would not include pushing relationships between the guys in a band.

Point is to intersperse articles with ads that sell products to young girls and the bands are a comodity like jeans and makeup.

So was striking to me that some Larry narrative or supportive photos would be there of all places. And that shirt, it still amazes me that it was worn in public and photographed. Things like that just were inconceivable when I was a teen, not THAT long ago, never mind by someone in the public eye. Maybe UK is different, dunno. The "bromance" was all over 1 D managed social media and some of those interviews are pretty shocking. It is all baffling to me.

Entertaining to watch though.

by Anonymousreply 2403/10/2015

Ugh when will y'all realize that Larry died in 2012

by Anonymousreply 2503/10/2015

What the fuck are you on about R24? There was nothing sarcastic in my post. I was pleasantly surprised Seventeen would show that picture, especially with that text.

by Anonymousreply 2603/10/2015

Media seeding with Nadine and El as the brake if needed?

by Anonymousreply 2703/10/2015

R26, hard to read tone online, with more than one ! with this topic I always get a bit sensitive. Many of the threads have taken on a pretty nasty vibe.

I had not noticed the text as much as the photo, so thanks for that.

I'm not even that old, but maybe it is different today? Hard to reconcile all this with the Max Clifford/Modest! tactics.

HOW did any of this get created? Zayn's reaction is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 2803/10/2015

Always, always, Niall is laughing. From the start.

Since what 1 or 2 do impacts the incomes and careers of the others, that they seem to get on at this point is so interesting to me.

I had not realized how "in plain sight" so much of it has been and how things been shifting. Wonder if that timeline matches with Harry connecting with Azoffs?

Now stories in media - perhaps Nadine, El, Perrie all gone or to be departing? At once?

Wonder about the contract dates and if terms were renegotiated? Guess Niall didn't get to choose his own hair color yet, lol.

by Anonymousreply 2903/10/2015

I cannot wait until this kid says something homophobic, and you wishful thinkers turn on him like rapid dogs.

by Anonymousreply 3003/10/2015

Shut the fuck up - all of those bitches are straight as boards.

by Anonymousreply 3103/10/2015

Rabid, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 3203/10/2015

R28 No harm, no foul.

Thank you for posting that link. I haven't seen that in forever. Harry and Louis were so open and funny about being versatile. And, yes, Zayn's reaction was great.

by Anonymousreply 3303/10/2015

Someone actually pulled the dates of the "winter girlfriends" too funny.

------------------------

Harry and Nadine “split” March 10 ◦Promo of 4th album largely over, 1st Quarter ends in 2 weeks, First leg of On the Road Again Tour about 2/3’s over, 2 month break on the horizon

Harry and Kendall “split” February 23 ◦Kendall launches clothing line February 22; Promo of 3rd album largely over

Harry and Taylor “split” March 5 ◦Promo of 2nd album largely over, 1st quarter ends in 3 weeks, 2 weeks into first leg of Take Me Home Tour

Harry and Caroline “split” January 27 ◦Promo of 1st album promo in the UK largely over, Last day of UK Up All Night Tour, day before they flew to America for American

It cannot be more clear: Harry’s “girlfriends” are bullet points in the album promo plans. The relationships miraculously begin in the middle of the 4th quarter and end at the end of the 1st quarter.

Amazing. A stunning display of dedication to the bottom line from Mr. Styles. To completely arrange his love life around his album campaigns. Truly inspiring. ---------------------------------

Patterns that are not too subtle. Audience was little kids. If trying to move to young adults, would be a lot more likely to see through this stuff.

Have to say have heard songs from Four recently when out places which is new.

by Anonymousreply 3403/10/2015

Homophobic like this R30?

Wearing Michael Sam's jersey on stage?

Was all over social media from Huff Po to TMZ.

Not that anyone might notice any of that, right?

by Anonymousreply 3503/10/2015

Or homophobic like this R30?

Publicly supporting a gay and lesbian switchboard in London in a video?

Would love to know the back story as to what was allowed, how, why?

Fairly new to all this but seems like there is a lot of gay support all along linked to 1 D, seems more that a gay relationship was seen as the threat to the cash juggernaut?

The way they used the rest of the band to control their behavior on stage is just painful to watch in videos. But maybe times are a changing?

by Anonymousreply 3603/10/2015

Harry wearing Michael Sam's jersey in St. Louis was covered from MTV to People.

Such a homophobe, eh R30?

Harry, Louis and the other guys seemed SO comfortable and the "bromance" was so pushed by official 1 D media initially. It's pretty remarkable. Maybe a cultural difference in UK entertainment or something?

Media and entertainment has been moving the needle on support and acceptance for a long time. Huge push with MTV Real World back in the 90s targeting youth. This kind of thing has real power.

If Harry or Louis were to come out before careers tanking, would be unprecedented.

by Anonymousreply 3703/10/2015

Then there was this time @ Westboro, right R30?

Harry's response on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 3803/10/2015

Bye bye Eleanour?

And Nadine?

And Perrie?

All at once possibly?

by Anonymousreply 3903/10/2015

Read my post again, you overaged 1D fan. I didn't say he was a homophobe. I said I can't wait until he says something homophobic, or perceived as homophobic (i.e. Kissing another man is disgusting, etc.) because you're adoration will turn into hate and disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 4003/10/2015

Hang on...This Gypsy Boy stuff is a GAY book? In what way? Can someone enlighten me? I dont see it.

by Anonymousreply 4103/10/2015

Now R40 why would he do that?

by Anonymousreply 4203/10/2015

[quote]Fairly new to all this

And yet, so devoted. How did you used to occupy your time? What fandom is missing your attention now? Did you ever see beach pictures?

by Anonymousreply 4303/10/2015

Ah Modest! How sweet of you to remember or track my posts. Was no surfing pics my "consequence" for posting that some of your clients are less than "straight" on a gay message board? Louis in a wetsuit, missed opportunity, alas.

Had you not wanted people to THINK they were not straight then the Mario interview, hanging on Ben Winston, etc would not be out there. You want our money but kinda on the down low?

So it's ok to note these things at Sugarscape, Yahoo UK, Huff Po and the slew of articles about the Sam jersey, just not HERE? Uh, lol.

Your trying to link words "Harry" & "homophobic" is a particularly nasty tactic in this particular thread.

by Anonymousreply 4403/10/2015

Modest! trolls are nasty but they are nastiest to own clients. Read about the lawsuits.

And given that 1 D had raked in truly staggering sums, said to be over a BILLION thus far, that $ likely going to someone like Azoff in the near future seems to be making them a bit grumpy.

Modest! helped create Larry and promoted the hell out of it in interviews. That the kids were EVER sexualized that way at that age, Harry was 16!, and not taught to behave as they likely did in earlier jobs they held is ON MODEST! What they did after that was cruel. But not unusual in how they treat own clients & cash cows.

by Anonymousreply 4503/10/2015

Not homophobic, years of data points at link.

Modest! stop projecting YOUR demonstrated homophobia and trying to link it to others.

Harry is one of the most gay supportive entertainers in words and actions and he is just a kid.

by Anonymousreply 4603/10/2015

I'd never heard of Modest(!) before you posting about them in these threads, you crazy old goat. I was just bored one day about a month ago and checked out one of the 1D threads and there you were, being batshit crazy. Memorably so.

I'm tired of reading bullshit about performers being contractually obligated to stay in the closet. I seriously doubt those contracts are that specific, it's just powerful people using a broad morals clause to bully performers in a way that would never be enforceable in court. Unless Modest! has a choice of venue clause requiring suit to be brought in Alabama in front of Roy Moore, any legal claim they have to control the publicly declared sexual identity of their clients is doomed to fail. Even if the provisions were specific and not unenforceable as against public policy, I seriously doubt they'd be able to prove any damages.

Harry Styles can afford real lawyers to explain this to him. I have no idea what is going on in that kid's life, but I'm pretty damn sure that Modest! isn't holding a gun to his head on the sexuality issue. He's probably done the cost/benefit analysis and decided it's not worth fucking with right now. He's incredibly young. I can't imagine how weird it must be to be that young, unavoidably immature, and dealing with serious moneyed interests.

If he wanted to fuck with them, he could have lawyers in the US file a dec action requesting a ruling on whether or not the contract language requires him to publicly identify as straight. Go "seed" that idea on your crazy 1D sites.

by Anonymousreply 4703/10/2015

lmfao y'all are delusional if you think "management" is on fucking datalounge

by Anonymousreply 4803/10/2015

Harry Styles gay blog

by Anonymousreply 4903/10/2015

Maybe with their popularity going down, they pushed one of most popular things from the band - the larry stylinson plot

by Anonymousreply 5003/10/2015

Thank you! R47. This person has ruined the 1D threads with their lunacy and sea of yellow.

by Anonymousreply 5103/10/2015

r47 ttakes that more seriously than any obssessed teen 1d fan. It´s just a board, not real life, ugh!

by Anonymousreply 5203/10/2015

"That's beautiful Harry," said the interviewer...

Sweet and pretty mind blowing that this exists.

Maybe a cultural difference?

by Anonymousreply 5303/10/2015

Prancing

by Anonymousreply 5403/10/2015

Contracts

Also see what Lance Bass and others have said

No need to feed the trolls, they are just doing their jobs.

From someone familiar with applicable HR law and some contract law

In the SONY hack, emails were said to concern Louis, likely about bearding contracts with El. As of now in media she seems to be in the process of being phased out.

--------------------------- From someone with experience who is not a PR flack===

I believe that Louis/Jay/Eleanor are under a PR/bearding contract which requires them to make public appearences and take pictures together, and promote the pretence of a relationship as well as various products like the CakeStoreUK, Topshop, Yorkshire Tea, Domino’s, and some others.

I believe that Louis and Harry (as well as the three other boys) are under a management/PR contract with MM/HJPR which contains an “appearance clause”, as we call it, which probably states that they are not allowed to appear as gay.

As I understand it, technically, under contract law, both these types of contracts are perfectly legal (as Edwin says here). Bearding is just a very specific type of PR relationship, and that’s a common occurrence in the entertainment industry, as is the appearance clause.

This presumes, of course, that all parties voluntarily signed their contracts, that they all understood the terms of the contract would have and that none of the parties exerted force over the others.

Seeing that the boys were very very young when they signed up for X factor, very eager to start a career in the business, and that they probably never ever expected that three years later they’d be in a relationship with each other and in the biggest boyband of the world, you can ethically debate whether they “understood the terms” of the initial contract and the impact of its appearance clause, so there is that to question ethically.

You could also wonder how, if Louis does not want to be closeted, MM convinced him to sign the bearding contract. Maybe he did want a beard himself, maybe he did not and some kind of ‘force’ was involved. Either way, unless they forced him at gunpoint, by blackmail, or something else entirely fishy, it would be immoral but still not overtly illegal under contract law.

If any of this was against their will, what they could have, legally, threatened them with was to kick them out of the band, to sue them over breach of contract, and to take away all their money - because, usually, it’d be those kinds of penalties that would be included in the contract containing the appearance clause. There was a time when I thought that alone couldn’t be it (here), but then both Angela, in her answer, and Layne (here) made good points about young age being easy to control with fear and guilt. Having had six months to reflect on that and observe more, I think that maybe there’d have been another more rational reason not to ‘breach contract’ for them.

Because it’s very well possible that, even before there’d be any lawsuit, Modest would just refuse to pay them what they’re due, kick them out of the band, and that, plus all the scandal, plus the incredible amount of time it would take for a lawsuit to be settled would completely kill their career - don’t forget that if they’d breached with Modest in the past year or so, it’d have been a big mess, and no other management company would take them on in the middle of such a mess not knowing how the lawsuit would be settled several years later. And that’s not because I think it’d be settled in Modest’s favour. I am not at all sure that it would be with a good judge and good lawyers who know their human rights stuff. But, it would take time, the uncertainty (there is no precedent after all) would not be profitable, and that is what this business is about. I would put their careers on hold for several years, and even if they could come back from that, and for a management company wanting to profit from a boyband, that’s career suicide as the girls will be all grown up after that.

by Anonymousreply 5503/10/2015

Continued...

Seeing that the initial contract with Syco was for three years, and so likely also the one with Modest - I am pretty certain that the time argument alone would have kept them with Modest, even under all these restrictions, as it would be less risky for their careers to sit it out than to breach contract, in the hope that some judge years later would know his human rights stuff.

Now, that doesn’t make any of it okay of course. It really really doesn’t. What I think you’re referring to with “UK and UN law”, is indeed that “human rights stuff”. The most important human rights law applicable in the UK is the ECHR, and incidentally, I know quite a bit about that, particularly about Article 8 which protects the right to respect for private life. I wrote about my opinion on the human rights arguments against a closet that would require Louis and Harry to be quiet about their sexuality before on Angela’s blog, here and here and here, and it’s probably not a coincidence that you use the same arguments and the same wording: illegal and unenforceable.

Most contract lawyers would probably say all of the above is legal (unless there was external force/blackmail, like I said) but I am sure my friend who wrote her PhD on the applicability of human rights in contract law would say that Louis and Harry would have a case saying Article 8 was applicable to their contract, and I could give you all the arguments why, if they made it a case, they’d probably win it, eventually, before the European Court of Human Rights if not in the UK. That final judgement would effectively make ‘straight appearance clauses’ illegal. It would most certainly not get them millions in damages, though, because that’s not how human rights law works…

In any case there is, as of yet, no precedent, so to enforce human rights law, over the contract, as I mentioned, would take years and years and years of litigation. And I guess, knowing that they’d be rid of Modest after 3 or 5 (we’ll find out soon enough, I hope) years, that would not have been worth killing their dreams for. And so the industry will be able to keep doing this, for years and years to come. It doesn’t make me particularly happy to think about that, but that it is how it is.

by Anonymousreply 5603/10/2015

Lance Bass talked about the power of not wanting to negatively impact the careers and income of band and staff, how much hold that had over him.

His hand was forced by Perez Hilton, but after the band was no more.

There was a backlash against his family as well.

NO ONE has ever come out at the peak of career and it appears that quite skillful people are seeing how much of a glass closet or more might be created over time without killing the golden goose. Modest! is not on the same page. They are not or have been told not to kill all the media stories so they withhold surfing pics and vent their spleen here.

The Modest! trolls want to act as though there aren't literally DOZENS or more stories in the media about the non-straightness of 1 or more of their clients, including interviews that Modest! could have prevented from seeing the light of day. So they ALLOW all this stuff BUT the only place it can't be discussed is on a gay and lesbian chat board? The homophobia and hypocrisy of their direct promotion of Larry originally is striking.

It's not like everyone thinks they are 100% straight and we are somehow the only ones who see it, it is all over the media.

They hope that if they troll we will all stop posting and NOT BUY TICKETS EVEN IF SHOWS ARE NOT SOLD OUT. Lol. Control freaks are always like this when they start to lose it. The nastiness here is more than managing push/pull of a client's shifting narrative, it is just how Modest! is. Pretty sure they no longer have the contract with The X Factor. Good. And Clifford is scum and is cooling his heels in the pokey. Good.

For all of the $ they have raked in you might think Modest! would be happy. Gleeful. Riding out the rest of the term. But instead it's scorched earth tactics still.

The idea that social media is not monitored by PR firms, politicians and the like is preposterous. Think how dumb they must think we are to push such BS. One of your favorite words, eh Modest! Wait, have we seen "photoshop" today? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 5703/10/2015

Similar theory...and in support of it, today, possible loss of 2 beards and Perrie photographed with no ring.

Modest! doesn't even have X Factor contract any more and soon no more 1 D money. You'd think that burning bridges rather than playing along might not be the most strategic esp from people who are supposed to be pros at HOW THINGS LOOK, LOL.

----------- Modest’s contract with One Direction ends in December 2015. There has been major speculation with Irving Azoff buying them out of that contract since Harry has been seen A LOT with his family. Some fans speculated with Harry dating Jeff, Irving’s son, but in addition to that being utterly ridiculous, the guy seems to have a new girlfriend, so that’s not what’s going on, since Sony and Simon seem to be very keen in keeping One Direction as a client that also means that we should rule out Harry going solo (which was also utterly ridiculous).

So… why is Harry not only hanging out with that family so much (he does that with a lot of families), but also making it so public via social media interactions and pap shots (him, his family and the Azoff family as a whole)?

Niall and Liam have been, also, seen front row at MSG (Azoff merged his management company with MSG) and One Direction has been having some kind of relationship with Chelsea Handler (one of Azoff’s main clients).

Irving Azoff signed a non-compete that doesn’t allow them to sign any artist until January 1st 2015, so if he is, indeed, buying One Direction, he’ll have to wait until then. We’ll see if that’s the case.

But like I just said, either way, Modest Management is on their way out; the most they’ll be with the band is until December 2015, and after that they’ll lose their biggest client -if anyone in this fandom thinks they’ll sign a new contract with them please let me know WHY, because even if there was no closet for any of the boys I don’t think this team is suited for them in any form-. But Sony is staying for the long run, so if Harry and Louis are planning on coming out of the closet is in Sony’s best interests to HELP with that (also: Zerrie engagement, once 1D is not with Modest anymore I’m pretty sure that will be called off, that was purely Modest, since both Little Mix and One Direction are its clients).

by Anonymousreply 5803/10/2015

Happy Louis, in clothes worn previous say in Leeds. Arriving in Singapore.

At least one of the Modest! folks who left the tour in Australia is back. Such a strange business.

Wonder if there was a price to be paid for the supportive tweets, videos, shirt wearing, etc by Harry. All it took was for Louis to wear that Apple rainbow shirt and he had people tweeting vile messages from his twitter account.

But then he DID wear it to see Simon Cowell. Louis will have an ongoing relationship with Cowell, unlike Modest! It was rumored over the weekend that Louis also signed a contract with SONY to be a talent scout. Modest! relationship with all of the above is dwindling. They have made pots and pots of money but the bitterness. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 5903/10/2015

Poor "dumped" Harry, right on schedule for spring.

Remember when "supermodel" meant Campbell, Evangelista, not Nadine.

Nadine is repped by Jeff Azoff, those group fro yo outings gave Nadine and Azoff a nice bump up in cash. Think Louis was there for some, just edited out of frame, funny that. Jeff always there, so romantic, lol.

Bye to El, Nadine and seemingly Perrie, all at once in media? Yikes. El and Louis look happier than they have in years.

Other rumor is that Modest! extension might be until April 2015. So we might be free of their charm offensive sooner, if not, by end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 6003/10/2015

Lots of people at Hollywood Life are talking about Harry's sexuality in the comments. Why is no one attacking or maligning THEM? Is it because they are presumed to be STRAIGHT? Does that make their $ greener or what?

Why is it acceptable here? There are so many old 1 D threads here, before Looney made you all possibly free market research. Since then, they get run off the rails and people just passively go away.

Bullies is what they are. I get business. I wouldn't have broken them up but I wouldn't have encouraged such sexualized public behavior, never mind in children. If it was my choice and my career, I'd probably wait. But the media seeding is gathering more and more momentum. It's not like Harry is playing along and it's likely SONY team guiding it all so Modest has fewer to bully with impunity. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 6103/10/2015

Almost every comment there has "gay" "Larry" or both.

Some, like a long ago poster here, suggest that Harry and Louis are married.

NO idea. I wondered if Modest! created Larry to rope in gay men and young adult women, such drama and intrigue.

But, it is CLEAR that Harry Styles is NOT straight, in his own "not that important" to be female and "don't knock it till you try it" words. Whatever other label, he is NOT straight.

Louis Tomlinson, who described himself as "flamboyant" also seems "NOT straight" to grandmothers.

Modest! stop being such tools and go troll and shill elsewhere for a bit. Unless you are trying to PUSH a narrative there and you just don't want gay men and women in the audience. Hard to draw any other conclusion. Here, and in THIS thread, you should be ashamed! Assuming you are capable of that...LOL.

by Anonymousreply 6203/10/2015

Then there was this, tweeted by Harry in 2013. Look how "queer" crosses with "guitar" all why playing Scrabble with his mum.

Kid is funny as hell. Clever too.

Modest! made him cry at meetings. Despite making millions. Some people are like that.

by Anonymousreply 6303/11/2015

Besides the lovely folks like Magee at Modest! the world is, as many of us know, sadly, full of such people. Something else to factor in.

The glorification of identity politics as a black white issue is NEVER so simple. Say in Singapore, were they will play for the first time, later. Or Dubai.

So disinfo about how media including social media, is NOT monitored or the whopper that bearding isn't the kind of PR Jones does, or that management doesn't have social media passwords of entertainment clients is shrill and laughable, but the world has real and serious problems. Ones not created to drive clicks.

by Anonymousreply 6403/11/2015

These stories are ALL over and the comments are a riot.

Yikes.

Gay, boyfriend, Larry

Modest! if there isn't a Larry, best to get on it!

by Anonymousreply 6603/11/2015

Who is the 'Modest created Larry' nutjob who has taken over on here.

Harry and Louis created Larry, they were good friends right from the start. That might be all they ever were.

by Anonymousreply 6703/11/2015

when you as straight as guys come, but are seriously giving your sexuality a second evaluation because of Louis fucking Tomlinson. I mean I'm not saying I'd hit that but. I would hit that - if his husband permits of course.

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 6803/11/2015

"Straight as guys come." No, dear. No, you are not.

by Anonymousreply 6903/11/2015

It's a comment on a media site, pasted here. Didn't put quotes, thought people would "get it." Guess you did not.

by Anonymousreply 7103/11/2015

R65 You are projecting and creepy. This is a gossip chat board. Lots of gay men, some lesbians, straight women, etc. Gossip, chat is point. You seem to miss cues so I thought I'd spell it out for you.

You never know who people are on the internet. Seriously.

YOUR actions are those of a troll and paid shill and your fixation on posters is indicative. Are you assigned here? Does suppressing posting mean you can do less work and surf porn or something instead? Lots more for you to suppress over at Hollywood Life, why can't or don't you go there? Why would the ex-girlfriend of Samantha Robson be used to try to make Harry seem straight? C'mon, spill. It's a chat gossip board. All these tactics are mystifying, why Erin Foster seen as a good idea? You know you wanna share...

Can you hint about the contract ending? April 2015? December 2015? You're the one with the answers, everyone knows Harry is not straight and Louis may be only one who cares. Tell us something we don't already know...

by Anonymousreply 7203/11/2015

Robson, typo.

Of all people? Erin Foster?

Show us how much you know. Little hints...

Wonder if fading El is linked to SONY hack? Make boarding contract moot?

Give us a peek behind the curtain.

by Anonymousreply 7303/11/2015

Lol. I don't know who those people are. I don't believe bearding contracts are worth the paper they are written on. There is no curtain. Only crazy you.

by Anonymousreply 7403/11/2015

You never do know who people really are online...never.

Posters on DL would have no need to clear cookies or try to mask writing styles, PR people would. I minimally skim posts. Who would need to note and analyze them?

It's all kinda flattering, in a dyspeptic sort of way. You even remembered, but withheld the surfing pictures.

How do you find a job monitoring social media? If pros post at Hollywood Life, paid by comment or hour? Took a class that covered stuff like astroturfing, but in real world, how does it actually work? To me, that is more interesting than who is in Harry's bed, that is verging on a bit tiresome. How are narratives created, seeded, shaped? What do you do with clients who keep going off message? Fines? Using the rest of band to control was cruel but seemingly effective. Do you have social psychologists consultants who weigh in on tactics?

by Anonymousreply 7503/11/2015

[quote]It's cute that you clear cookies or switch devices every now and then so you're not 90% of the posts on trolldar

Looney Girl and the other minions might have done better a couple of years ago, save for the fact that they were too obvious. You can't easily [bold]change your verbiage and syntax[/bold]. Sorry Looney Girl.

by Anonymousreply 7603/11/2015

You claim you don't know who Mark Ronson' s sister is? The one who banged Lindsay Lohen for ages? Not plausible. And you must know of her other ex, Erin Foster, who was supposed to make Harry seem straighter despite being a dyke. Bit of a head scratcher, that one. Famously went to a pumpkin patch, how sexy, eh? For a kid who supposedly was breaking up marriages at age 16?

I can't see this with Taylor Swift either. Whoever she is banging, if goal is to give her straight image why the string of "not straight" guys? Many in own words, like Mayer, Harry, etc. Wouldn't hiring a straight guy work better?

Sure there is a curtain. It's ok if you are not privy to it. Or if you need to not say because of your job.

by Anonymousreply 7703/11/2015

Him, him, him....

by Anonymousreply 7803/11/2015

When boy bands stop being a thing yet again, some of the gay ones will come out.

by Anonymousreply 7903/11/2015

Good find R78, infatuated they were. Him, him, him it was.

by Anonymousreply 8003/11/2015

If you can hold a conversation with HIM...

by Anonymousreply 8103/11/2015

"Don't say it...That he's gay..."

by Anonymousreply 8203/11/2015

bump

by Anonymousreply 8303/11/2015

The homophobia of Modest! goes well beyond hypocritically promoting sexualized children as Larry on official One Direction social media early on then brutally closeting them, and beyond a professional need to control rumors about a client's sexuality. Their aggressive tactics extend to gay kids who are not their clients and actions against kids who are part of Rainbow Direction. They get the boots on the ground version of what Modest! dishes out here. Over time and across situations, Modest! lashes out at paying consumers of One Direction it perceives as gay, even mistreating gay kids at shows. Ugly, ugly people. I am no fan of Cowell but am delighted that they lost that X Factor contract.

by Anonymousreply 8403/11/2015

harry is sweet. and kind.

by Anonymousreply 8503/11/2015

What Harry says matters, especially to other not straight kids. It is not necessarily physically safe for Rainbow Direction in all countries. Modest! makes it as emotionally unsafe as possible too.

Has to be SONY helping set up a coming out, likely involving Cowell and Azoff. That leaves the ones mistreating perceived as gay adult or young fans with Modest! Setting Harry up for some nasty interviews, making him cry or feel humiliated, none of that is business. It's personal.

If kids support this in Singapore they are damn brave. Contract terms prevent criticism of Modest! I'd be willing to guess Harry paid a price for every gesture of support or self acceptance, we may never know. I mean, just look at how they are to possibly gay likely consumers right here?

by Anonymousreply 8603/11/2015

That the BS tweet was sent from Louis' account by Modest! Was beyond cruel. He may not be as overtly sweet but this was very cool. And he has repeatedly been the most sensitive to gender non-conforming fans. One Direction are so young and under such heavy pressure, but their support for ALL fans and the boys' support of Harry and Louis, despite own competing interests, is amazing. ----- Are we hurting the boys by bringing rainbow signs?

Rainbows are not harmful. They are a symbol for equality, diversity, and support. Plus they’re just plain pretty!

Even if the boys did not show appreciation for the rainbow signs we would still not be harming them.

But in fact the boys have actually shown nothing but appreciation and support for the signs. We have had numerous fan reports that they have smiled, waved, blew kisses at and gave thumbs up to rainbow signs and rainbow attire. They may have even joined in – Louis wore a rainbow shirt to the first concert that we did not have a Rainbow Direction representative for.

So if you are not joining the Rainbow Direction project because you are worried that the boys may dislike or be harmed by the signs you should not be worried. Please feel free to join.

In addition the signs are primarily directed at fellow LGBTQ+ members of the 1D fandom, to make them feel safe and welcome. A way of sending the message: “You are supported and loved and you are not alone”.

by Anonymousreply 8703/11/2015

If you are worried about safety, you can wear rainbow knickers, or perhaps the pink lace often favored by Mr. Styles? Surprised Magee does not rip them off backstage.

Only by standing up against bullying and homophobia EVERYWHERE can we create change, whether we are gay, straight, bi, trans or any other label we identify with.

by Anonymousreply 8803/11/2015

Hanger tatoo.

by Anonymousreply 8903/11/2015

A safe, Modest! free space to be a fan of One Direction, to be "not straight" or an ally, express support, etc. Would not be the least bit surprised if Harry and Louis are aware of it.

Modest! the word in earlier threads was that Harry was punished by having his phone and laptop taken. Bit Gitmo, he was just a young kid. What do you do now that they are bigger? Besides sending vile tweets that appear to be from them?

If I made all that $ off a bunch of kids, think I would be happy as a clam. Why the hate and homophobia? Here, at shows? Think they are abusive to all their clients, based on lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 9003/11/2015

Celebrity support for Stonewall

by Anonymousreply 9103/11/2015

Equality boner

by Anonymousreply 9203/11/2015

Fans raised $ for London Gay & Lesbian Switchboard in honor of Harry's birthday.

And there is that rainbow Teddy Mercury bear. He is back on tour after having been "banned" previously. His Twitter still on lockdown. Think the drummer is his minder. His costumes and props change often. Some fans take pictures with signs, "I'm Here For The Bear."

Can't really imagine people here turning "rabidly" on Harry and the boys. What an odd suggestion. Repeatedly. On a mainly gay gossip and chat board.

A lot of the $13,000 for the Gay & Lesbian switchboard was raised is from KIDS, that is super sweet.

by Anonymousreply 9303/11/2015

"I'm in love with Lou and his little things..."

Did Louis' reaction have anything to do with likely retaliation? Boy has gotten SO nervous. What happened to make him that way?

by Anonymousreply 9403/11/2015

Discovered after that infamous trip to Paris. Last interview together for YEARS, lol.

This is so sweet, they were so young.

Could be theirs, they both like bad puns and it was boyfriend this, that, etc.

by Anonymousreply 9503/11/2015

Singing Little Things to Louis. When clearly told to change how he is sitting, Harry changes it to become even MORE obvious. May have been live. He picks his moments and leverages them.

Always, Niall is laughing.

These are the kinds of songs that did and will grow their audience. Have heard Little Things out in restaurants. Pretty.

by Anonymousreply 9603/11/2015

"I can't compete with my boyfriend"

Not straight? Who cares?

Equality supportive, hell yeah.

The BS tweet was written by someone at Modest! not this kid.

by Anonymousreply 9703/11/2015

Two YEARS ago in an interview...

by Anonymousreply 9803/11/2015

What Louis DOES matters more than Modest! lies and smear jobs.

Louis wore the supportive shirt (supportive of Cook and Harry who had more media seeding going on), not to run errands but TO THE X Factor!

Louis just signed as a SONY talent scout. LOUIS will have an ongoing relationship with X Factor and Cowell, while the X Factor contract with Modest! was not renewed.

That makes me quite happy. They and many powerful allies seem to be playing to win.

And they have been so clever and funny and sneaky in all the support they have shown for "not straight" people, likely at personal and perhaps financial costs to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 9903/11/2015

Saying it all along...

That's pretty equality supportive.

I don't get why if they wanted to keep this under wraps they didn't do a better job? Incentivize them? You tell teens NOT to do something, esp about their identity and they do it 100 times more. Power struggles are always won by the kids. Glad it was made such a hash of, it's fun to go back and watch.

by Anonymousreply 10003/11/2015

They had some kind of goofy contest on stage. You can see Magee, a Modest! exec in the front direct Harry to go over and shake Louis' hand. Harry pantomimes incredulity.

But Zayn eating a candy thong off Harry on stage was cool, nice entertainment for the kiddies?

by Anonymousreply 10103/11/2015

Hey crazy guy, DL isn't your scrapbook. Take it to Pinterest.

by Anonymousreply 10203/11/2015

Anyone have a fork?

by Anonymousreply 10303/11/2015

Notice how the teenage girl shows more restraint than you.

by Anonymousreply 10403/11/2015

Oops, hi, Modest! folks, must be you cuz no one else would care.

This is a gossip chat board. Posting is what happens here.

You have NO IDEA of the ages, genders or sexualities of people posting here. You have no idea of people's identities at all on the internet.

People posting in threads about your clients are more likely to spend $ buying their products. That you do not seem interested in that $ is curious. That you aggressively closet clients, that security mistreats presumed to be gay kids from Rainbow Direction at shows and that you are all such dickheads across social media is telling.

Losing control seems hard for you. You seem to particularly hate gay people and to enjoy bullying them even when it is in your financial interest to do otherwise. Clifford's rein is over. The world has changed. People LIKE Harry, Louis and the guys. Even all that $ didn't make you all happy or tolerant? Or even professional? Yikes. Bullies never like to be exposed.

Fork anyone?

by Anonymousreply 10503/11/2015

Better link R103.

Forks? Happy to buy a box.

by Anonymousreply 10603/11/2015

Rainbow Direction Where We Are Tour video - These kids are amazing. Until I saw this thread I had never heard of that or seen photos.

Scary for "not straight kids" to be One Direction fans? Why?

Because what we all see here translates into physical intimidation of kids who are NOT even their clients who are at shows to spend $ on tickets and merch???

Why is it that other bands' management doesn't make a point of having security harass fans presumed to be "not straight" EVEN IF CHILDREN?! Surreal but from this thread, quite credible.

These kids appreciate Harry's support for equality. It means something to them. To adults too.

by Anonymousreply 10703/11/2015

After watching the Rainbow Direction video, couldn't help but think that one reason that "not straight" fans might not feel "safe" as One Direction fans or at shows is a consequence of the closeting and the way this has all played out. Homophobia may have been fanned. Bullying seen as support. Bullying here even.

In the video, the fans all talked about feeling safe, connected, validated, when the band acknowledged them. Harry doesn't just give a thumbs up or wave, he makes a point of reading their signs, it's about respect and connection and SUPPORTING EQUALITY with words and actions. That is SEPARATE from Louis or Harry or Larry.

At minimum it is about being happy to take the $ of ALL.

Wasn't it Jerry Garcia who said, "Mean People Suck?" He liked bears. Might have quite liked Teddy Mercury, who was "banned" but who is now "On the Road Again" in Asia. :)

by Anonymousreply 10803/11/2015

[quote]This is a gossip chat board. Posting is what happens here

Conversation is what happens here. Not posting a dozen times in a row, blathering on to yourself the entire time.

[quote]You have NO IDEA of the ages, genders or sexualities of people posting here. You have no idea of people's identities at all on the internet.

You have no way to confirm your ideas about people's identities, but it's fairly easy to develop those ideas. For example, you are an idiot who thinks I work for Modest. This is a pretty stupid idea considering I've said that I think Harry is probably gay and that contractual terms requiring him to identify as straight would be unenforceable. Two things a Modest employee would not be paid to say if you are correct in your assumptions about their nefarious intents.

by Anonymousreply 10903/11/2015

Bet a lot of folks here might relate to this.

The drawings and the video are very moving.

The feelings are never easier but there does seem to be more support sometimes for kids. Cool that it is around a popular band as an organizing hook.

Gay $ and $ of allies is just as green.

by Anonymousreply 11003/11/2015

Not necessarily, HARRY says he's gay, not exactly Earth shaking.

Forks anyone?

Discuss away, love. Gossip and chat is not trolling and shilling. Have at it.

by Anonymousreply 11103/11/2015

To define the terms and tactics: Troll is offensive. Shill is defensive. Troll tries to offend people to get a reaction. Shill tries to defend the indefensible. Both lie. Both try to derail.

This thread could be a case study.

A pop singer promoting equal rights for all is a fine topic for a gay or gay friendly gossip board. Heartwarming topic to be raised anywhere.

3, 2, 1 for "photoshop" "Flack" "Grimmy" or other UK references that no one cares about...

Harry is a nice kid. He also supports rights for women. Tweeted this and attended Emma Watson's event in London. Supports his mom and his sis. He talks about support for "all." Nice.

by Anonymousreply 11203/11/2015

Appearance clauses cover, well, appearances. From hair to perception of romantic relationship with same gender people or band mate.

Emma Watson cut hair after film series. Cowell, more to the point, made it clear that Niall has no say in his own hair color. Naill covered by same contract provisions. Criticizing management or Cowell is forbidden. When Liam said something to BBC was edited out of audio. A "poster" here who could not possibly be affiliated with Modest! said it did not exist, but there is a full interview and an edited one online, what was cut was remarks about management. Liam did same thing being interviewed last fall, in a creepy and chilling tone, Ben Winston said, he might want to "correct that."

Appearance clauses very enforceable. Breech of contracts can be staggeringly expensive and tie you up in litigation until your career is ruined. Repeating lies does not make them true.

by Anonymousreply 11303/11/2015

Supporting equality, for all.

In words, actions and financially.

Kids today are pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 11403/11/2015

R112, 113 please stop it. You've made your point, please move on.

by Anonymousreply 11503/11/2015

This seems to be the song that the Rainbow Directioners most "strongly" identify with.

Has a good beat and all that.

Rainbow Direction is a great thing for "not straight" kids and allies but a bit poignant that some are so lacking for support and validation.

Some of the Rainbow Direction kids note that security purposely blocks their views, or the views of their signs. Bringing signs to shows seems to be a big One Direction thing.

If deliberate harassment of a group of fans perceived as "not straight" or ally mainly children, that would really suck and possibly be illegal. Hope someday, someone documents it on video and files a HR complaint. If bullies are not held accountable, they just get more bold.

by Anonymousreply 11803/11/2015

Linked song from R118.

Seems to be the one that resonates.

by Anonymousreply 11903/11/2015

This is how thread after thread is killed.

Forks anyone?

by Anonymousreply 12003/11/2015

That gay people or allies can't or won't discuss a young guy whose coming out may make history and who has been very supportive of equal rights for all at personal and financial cost because of shills and trolls with an agenda is just sad. Esp on a gay and gay friendly gossip board.

The shills and trolls on the One Direction threads have an obvious agenda. But it takes lots of people opting out for them to be successful. There are so many old threads, now they are aggressively derailed, and well, crickets...

by Anonymousreply 12103/11/2015

Do you realise R121 that YOU might be responsible for derailing this thread??

by Anonymousreply 12203/11/2015

I'm not sure there's anyone here who thinks Louis isn't gay and most people seem to think Harry is as well. There's also been plenty of people who've suggested that their relationship probably hasn't always been totally platonic. You're just posting every single theory you've seen on tumblr though.

The 'Harry and Louis are coming out soon' theory doesn't really fit in with the 'Modest are paying people to post on DL' theory though does it?

by Anonymousreply 12303/11/2015

Has anyone read the book?

by Anonymousreply 12403/11/2015

R121 I agree. The Louis' ass threads had reached #8 when it got shut down after being overrun by Looney Girl and other assorted trolls.

While it would be great if Harry and/or Louis came out before their fame has faded, I can understand the dilemma. They're not solo artists; they're part of a group and, to some degree, their decisions affect the others.

by Anonymousreply 12503/11/2015

TM

by Anonymousreply 12603/11/2015

If you only could see what I saw....

by Anonymousreply 12703/11/2015

R125 Thanks.

Still wonder what was said in that last Ass Thread 8 that got it locked? Imagine it was something interesting?

by Anonymousreply 12803/11/2015

Regardless of if anyone in One Direction comes out or not, or when, the support Harry has given to gay rights and women's rights is admirable. It has been consistent over year. That Michael Sam jersey meant a lot to a lot of people and Harry looked teary himself. Cool thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 12903/11/2015

Still wonder what was said in that last Ass Thread 8 that got it locked? Imagine it was something interesting?

I guess it was that person that worked in a place where Louis was at and even not knowing it was louis from One direction, gussed the gorgeous little man was gay... Or the one that posted he/she went to a party and Harry was there with Louis

by Anonymousreply 13003/11/2015
by Anonymousreply 13103/12/2015

R131 That's pretty rich coming from Dustin Lance Black who, only six months ago, said there were no actors with beards these days.

DLB is an ass-licking liar.

by Anonymousreply 13203/12/2015

Did he really? Lol. Anything for clicks...

by Anonymousreply 13303/12/2015

@R132 sounds a bit strange maybe what he said was misconstrued

by Anonymousreply 13403/12/2015

It was discussed in a thread here at the time. These were direct quotes from DLB--there's one at the link provided.

It wasn't misconstrued. He just realized how idiotic he sounded and is backtracking.

by Anonymousreply 13503/12/2015

Agree R135.

And I'm not sure he has it right that those with beards do not have longstanding careers, look at Travolta.

In fact, it may be the opposite.

Context for Modest! and their actions probably although they were basing it partly on self interest and used pretty ugly tactics, their assessment of the impact isn't necessarily wrong, at least in all cases.

With One Direction, what seemed jarring was how OUT and sexual in work events they initially were, promoted on official One Direction social media. Like I've said, maybe cultural differences or something but is pretty unusual at least in States. Then did a 180. But usually seems like performers are more on board where with One D seemed to be a power struggle. Might have to do with the 180 that for most would never have been OUT to IN but NEVER OUT and with their ages, idenity, issues.

DLB sounds like he has an agenda, is a bit dim or doesn't get out much. There are so many that beard or that go in and out of the closet, like Leto. Cruise's bearding and Travolta, etc, he can't see that?

by Anonymousreply 13603/12/2015

Maybe R136 Cruise and Travolta are from a different generation or age group. Possibly DLB is not in contact with them; I'm sure he's not referring to that type of Hollywood when he mentions the people he knows.

by Anonymousreply 13703/12/2015

Good point R137.

But he seems to be defining Hollywood by his own social group of out gay men perhaps?

Complicated.

In terms of One Direction, young kids seem to be in pro Larry or anti Larry groups, each digging in and possibly amplifying homophobic feelings or conversely, support. Older kids and young adults seem to fall into the first group or not care, no idea how that will translate to $.

Not at all in favor of outing performers who don't all but out themselves as Harry has. Wasn't cool when Hilton did it and I don't support it now. Hypocritical politicians, maybe. But young adults who are not in the process of kicking down closet door, no.

by Anonymousreply 13803/12/2015

R137 DLB wasn't referring to the Cruise generation. He stated clearly in the interview that bearding no longer was going on in this generation, which he well knows is a lie.

He's an Oscar-winning screenwriter, well-connected--especially in gay Hollywood: He knew he was telling a bald-faced lie.

However, I am glad he realized people were laughing at his risible claim and has backtracked somewhat, at least acknowledging that the closet exists, and [italic]largely due to agents and managers.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 13903/12/2015

R139 I don't want to get into a fight about DLB. He's entitled to his opinions and if that is what he sees, I think he should be respected.

You don't see it like that? Fair enough. But this let's jump on DLB (bc he's a successful and talented LGBT person)and scrutinise everything he does or says is getting tedious.

I like him quite a bit, actually and I think he's quite an amazing LGBT role-model and there should be more like him, however, that is not going to happen if everytime he opens his mouth there's someone jumping down his throat.

by Anonymousreply 14003/12/2015

So you're a fan of DLB, fine. But no one is attacking him for being a successful gay man. So shove that tired bullshit back up your ass from whence it came.

He's getting a hard time for telling a dangerous, destructive lie. This wasn't a matter of "how he sees it." It was a deliberate misleading of the public, a cretinous untruth told in the service of his buddies like Taylor Lautner.

It was also a particularly ugly thing to say: Most of the public already believes these bearding situations are real and, by extension, that there are very few gay actors. At least young, attractive ones.

Sorry your idol was exposed as a liar but some of us don't consider people who promote gay actors' invisibility to be "an amazing LGBT role-model."

by Anonymousreply 14103/12/2015

[quote]However, I am glad he realized people were laughing at his risible claim and has backtracked somewhat, at least acknowledging that the closet exists, and largely due to agents and managers.

The two statements aren't contradictory, so I don't think it's a backtrack. There was a time when staying in the closet would've required parading around a girlfriend in public. That is no longer necessary. The glass closet is crowded with men who aren't pretending to have girlfriends.

I think his initial statement was an exaggeration, and there's certainly no real way for him to know if it (no beards) is true. It's also possible that relationships that are perceived as bearding involve, gasp, bisexuality.

by Anonymousreply 14203/12/2015

[quote]The two statements aren't contradictory, so I don't think it's a backtrack.

Well, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Thus my use of the term "backtracked somewhat." But you're right, he didn't retract his matter-of-fact claim about the lack of bearding which he knew wasn't true. After all, he knows many young gay actors who have bearded, like the aforementioned Lautner. So according to your defense, DLB's still an ass-licking liar.

For my part, I'll just be happy he publicly discussed the current celebrity closet and placed the blame squarely where it belongs--at the doorstep of the avaricious agents and managers.

Naturally, this was no surprise to those of us who've followed 1D and it brings us full circle to the adorable subject of our thread--who masters the glass closet with admirable ease--[bold]Harry Styles.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 14303/12/2015

I think Harry manages himself pretty well, considering the circumstances, but my definition of mastering the glass closet with "admirable ease" would not involve pretending to date that Jenner girl.

by Anonymousreply 14403/12/2015

Good Lord, this thread is full of crazy. All of the crazy in the entire universe is in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 14503/12/2015

R144, I think that Kendall was part of courting and enriching the Azoffs with an eye to changing management perhaps. Shelley Azoff and Kris Jenner are old and dear friends. PR. Once they went to an Eagles concert, PR, an Azoff client. Nadine is a client of Jeff Azoff, more $ from the PR. I'm wondering if they had a stake in the fro yo place.

Saw how you brought that back around, R143, very nice.

by Anonymousreply 14603/12/2015

Harry may also have been bearding for some of those young ladies he has been linked with in gossip columns.

by Anonymousreply 14703/12/2015

Yes R147. It's looking more and more like Taylor Swift is a lesbian. Why would such a big star feel a need to be a beard for so many gay men? And the one who might have actually slept with her, Mayer, said he never fucked her.

by Anonymousreply 14803/13/2015

it would be amazing if she came out.

by Anonymousreply 14903/13/2015

Cara is the one who wears a "Rita' s Wifey" tank. She and Kendall also look very close...

Cara and Harry DID look great together in those Burberry ads.

by Anonymousreply 15003/14/2015

Hiding in plain sight?

Harry and Rita Ora publically support gay rights, Louis too, any of the rest of the supposed straight crowd lend support? Taylor?

by Anonymousreply 15103/14/2015

Cara and Harry address the BS tweet sent from Louis' account, quite likely by someone other than Louis.

by Anonymousreply 15203/14/2015

It's a process people...Ellen Page, Tom Daly, Ricky Martin, etc. Harry is about as out as you can be before you are Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 15303/14/2015

(151) That shit's gay

by Anonymousreply 15403/14/2015

Getting older as a boy band, coming out, all about the rebranding. Harry used to joke about renaming band USP, Unique Selling Point, they seem inundated with marketing hard sell. Similar tactics used by life coaches.

by Anonymousreply 15503/14/2015

Thank you R153. Short of sucking Louis off on a Mardi Gras float, what can he do?

I think he's pushed the limits as much as he contractually can.

by Anonymousreply 15603/14/2015

[quote]You don't see Bieber doing this kind of thing.

Bieber confines his reading to Proust and Kant. He's been reading "À la recherche du temps perdu" for seven months.

by Anonymousreply 15703/14/2015

R156 you made me spit out my coffee.

I think their current Modest! contract is rumored to end in April 2015 or December 2015.

Louis is looking astoundingly happy, El gone? SONY contract? Or could just be on E I suppose, lol.

Wish I was in Thailand, cold and raining here, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 15803/14/2015

Article on closeting

by Anonymousreply 15903/14/2015

that's a good link r153

by Anonymousreply 16003/14/2015

Anyone have a sense if the costs of closeting or not are even in the right ballpark at R159? Don't really know anything about PR or music industry. It's interesting to see it laid out that way with examples. Funny it is running in Pop Bitch now, making jokes about One Direction.

by Anonymousreply 16103/14/2015

r158 He's got a judging spot on a new show coming up soon, that's enough to make anyone happy really. He and Eleanor probably have broken up, but I'm of the opinion that's been true for several months now.

by Anonymousreply 16203/14/2015

I think for any boy band having an exit career is the holy grail, so agree R162.

by Anonymousreply 16303/14/2015

they are both beautiful

by Anonymousreply 16403/15/2015

You don't think she was a beard R162?

by Anonymousreply 16503/15/2015

SONY apologized to One Direction around the holidays for an anticipated new round of leaks said to impact that band, Bowie and others.

The business emails on the SONY server re: One Direction were widely rumored to be re: Louis Tomlinson re: bearding contracts.

Seems that someone's people, and there were several big names apologized to by SONY, paid to keep the leak quiet. At least for now.

by Anonymousreply 16603/15/2015

link?

by Anonymousreply 16703/16/2015

This is a switch up.

by Anonymousreply 16803/16/2015

Here you go R167. Was all over.

Then, crickets.

Given the names, some $ changed hands perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 16903/16/2015

Since there was talk of contracts earlier. Given shifting images and narratives seems like something has changed or is about to perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 17003/16/2015

Fun quote from another thread in case anyone missed it:

Although they may be partners in crime, Louis isn't afraid to act tough with the brooding and mysterious one, admitting that he once hit Zayn with a shoe for calling Harry Styles "Beautiful".

The reason? "Harry's mine", explained Lou.

We know, babes, we know.

by Anonymousreply 17103/16/2015

r168 -- the video you linked has been "removed by user".

What was it??

by Anonymousreply 17203/16/2015

Wow, r171!

He's practically coming out in that piece!

by Anonymousreply 17303/16/2015

Toyota ad, think is new? R172

by Anonymousreply 17403/16/2015

Struck me as a possible mash up of old quotes R172, but interesting running piece now and similar in many outlets in March 2015.

Wonder how much their deal with Toyota Vios is worth? Too lazy to Google. They really rake in the $$$.

by Anonymousreply 17503/16/2015

Harry is asked which of the boys he would trust with $100,000 and has this funny answer.

Perhaps Louis shops while H gets his designer goodies for free?

by Anonymousreply 17603/16/2015

R175 If you're addressing me (R171), I don’t think the author is claiming all those all the incidents listed in the article were necessarily recent. Just various facts about Louis.

But I do agree timing of it, coming out now, is suggestive of changes afoot.

by Anonymousreply 17703/16/2015

Straight no longer presumed or pushed.

Womanizer image still a brake but "bi" is everywhere re: Harry in past 6 months or so. Huh.

One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles, who the tabloids insist is bisexual, just went through yet another high-profile breakup. According to a number of reports, Nadine Leopold is no longer dating the crooner. Although the exact reason remains a mystery, numerous media outlets are reporting that Nadine was concerned that Harry was cheating on her.

Some sophisticated PR team has really plotted this out.

by Anonymousreply 17803/16/2015

R172 info about Toyota Vios and One Direction

by Anonymousreply 17903/16/2015

The way that they look at each other is so besotted and it has been years. Have never achieved that with anyone myself. It's sweet.

by Anonymousreply 18003/16/2015

This interview about One D "man crushes" was picked up by many outlets, just a few months ago.

Lots of little things, then monitoring album and ticket sales I guess.

It is pretty amazing, almost no boy bands transition audiences, and then there are all these other One Direction factors, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 18103/16/2015

They were forbidden to sit next to each other for so long, now all piled in that car like puppies. Next to each other all the time now...

Anyone know rumors about why the tour manager left in December? He had been pretty involved in aggressive closeting, was his job.

by Anonymousreply 18203/16/2015

Following up on the articles of the weekend - "Louis Tomlinson Gay and in Love with Harry Styles" as of today

Using small outlets, especially in Italy to push the narrative. In Italy and a few other countries they flatly interpreted Valentine's nite Vine as "coming out"

by Anonymousreply 18303/16/2015

MTV used to show music videos, now film noir of Harry Styles' Instagram?

by Anonymousreply 18403/16/2015

If you get that someone is in love with another person just by the way they look to each other, then I must have no emotion!

by Anonymousreply 18503/16/2015

Lots of outlets picking up, in online articles and in print.

Response to BS tweet and Liam's "no homo" is to shift their images.

When did Harry grab Liam' s crotch on stage this tour?

by Anonymousreply 18603/17/2015

harry is SOOOO cute!

by Anonymousreply 18703/17/2015

sexual chemistry

by Anonymousreply 18803/17/2015

Talking to girls

by Anonymousreply 18903/17/2015

[quote]Lots of little things, then monitoring album and ticket sales I guess.

Makes sense. Test marketing. Testing the waters.

by Anonymousreply 19003/17/2015

Wonder if they are transitioning from Modest! to Azoff for management?

This is a long game and sophisticated campaign, from media seeding to Looney doing market research with gays and our other minders here.

The momentum has really been building for last 6 months or so about 1 or more being gay and I think we're all pretty clear the Larry narrative may be based in reality. Now part of One Direction approved PR, like in 2011, again.

by Anonymousreply 19103/17/2015

Curious to watch it all play out, small outlets, a seeming lot of coverage of "coming out" in places like Italy, and then amplifying by Larry friendly outlets like YahooUK and Sugarscape.

Remember the YahooUK story just a few months ago, "Whether he is or no, Harry Styles sure wants you to think he is bisexual?"

Even the GQ cover linking Harry's face, name, and "bisexual" with the definitive "pretty sure I'm not"

Wonder how the actual support of the band will translate to $ support, the response of gays and lesbians and allies here has been a bit tepid.

Louis might seem so giddy now with SONY talent show contract - imagine they were told they would have NO careers.

So happy that Modest! is losing One Direction $, has no X Factor contract anymore and that Max Clifford is in jail. Still spewing vitriol here a few days ago but perhaps not for much longer?

I might have thought that they would play all this out until after OTRA tour over but there is such momentum, so many stories, we shall see, long break coming up after Dubai.

by Anonymousreply 19203/17/2015

A LOT of outlets picking up story of Liam and Zayn kissing, many refer to Harry, Louis, some Larry.

MTV UK, YahooUK - home turf.

Sense of how many at link.

Anyone want to start a new thread for OTRA or possible coming out by someone as "not straight?"

by Anonymousreply 19303/17/2015

For example...

More than just bromance? One Direction's Liam Payne admits he's kissed Zayn Malik! →

Looks like there’s been a bit of hanky panky going on in the One Direction tour bus eh?

“…..Unfounded rumours have been circling about Louis’ and Harry’s alleged romance for quite some time, but the pair have always denied anything beyond minor gropes on stage (which we don’t mind at all, to be fair). Louis even went onto Twitter when his sexuality was questioned and said: ‘I am in fact straight.’ However, Zayn’s lips seem to be a-wandering, as he was also seen kissing Niall Horan during a recent 1D concert. What would Perrie think?!

Forget Larry Stylinson, we got a new ship in town. Ziam’s ahoy!….”

by Anonymousreply 19403/17/2015

When he's asked if he and Louis are dating, he is wary and careful and he was only 16! And Modest! was vigilant. But when there is a somewhat positive response "I figured" his whole face lights up.

Think this was around St. Patricks Day, they were all in green. 2011? This was same press tour with the "you can't sit together."

Since was rumored on earlier threads that Harry would have his phone and laptop taken in retaliation, wonder what the fallout might have been for this exchange? But power after raking in over a billion for their minders may have shifted. Sure looks like it may be?

by Anonymousreply 19503/17/2015

Anyone want a rainbow banana T?

$ to the London Gay & Lesbian Switchboard.

by Anonymousreply 19603/17/2015

No green beer for you Mr. or Ms. Troll!

by Anonymousreply 19803/17/2015

Who the hell is posting all these crap,this last few days??

by Anonymousreply 19903/17/2015

Some of us are enjoying the posts!

by Anonymousreply 20003/17/2015

How strange!

by Anonymousreply 20103/17/2015

R197 Hey lots of us love Larry Beliver. He´s nicest than the know-all Gryles. Why don´t you go back to your secret board if you don´t like him? Is it been boring there, huh?

by Anonymousreply 20203/17/2015

This is curte! Seriously

by Anonymousreply 20303/17/2015

Have to say, could never have imagined THAT R203.

by Anonymousreply 20403/17/2015

This is adorable

by Anonymousreply 20503/17/2015

This may be useful to some.

An assumption here is that PR monitors social media and attempts to shape or influence it. They have almost total control over other types of media, print, recorded interviews, etc.

Another assumption is that on a gay and lesbian and ally gossip chat board, people click on threads of interest to them and ignore those that don't. That gossip and gay gossip and posting about both are the POINT of Datalounge. Shills and trolls stand out on fluff threads that take on an aggressive tone, chilling chat and shifting the tone.

More assumptions:

Maybe some day some entertainers will come out as "not straight."

Maybe some day Larry Believer will feel safe to post at Datalounge about pop music again.

by Anonymousreply 20603/17/2015

Looney Girl is back.

by Anonymousreply 20703/18/2015

Not sure she & her pals ever left...maybe some day?

by Anonymousreply 20803/18/2015

"I Will Survive" in Manila

When will we get "Born This Way?" probably not Dubai.

Come back Zayne. :)

by Anonymousreply 20903/22/2015

What does Naughty Boy know? Dude is chatty.

Naughty Boy @NaughtyBoyMusic · Mar 21 sometimes you know what's comin and you can feel it in the air

SONY needs Modest to agree to release the Naughty Boy album with Zayn on it as Modest currently owns right to Zayn's image. NB contract with SONY ends at end of 2015.

Modest wants SONY to release another Little Mix album.

SONY wants Zayn back on stage, has long term interest in brand. Modest keeps the money whether fans upset to miss Zayn or not. Likely last tour they will be involved with?

Etc...One day One D will drop off the Modest roster. When will that be? April 2015? December 2015?

When will we see Zayn again? South Africa? After break in June?

Regardless of Harry's straightness or lack thereof, or who is or is not or has been in his bed, surely we can all agree that his singing "I Will Survive" shows support for gay equality?

by Anonymousreply 21003/22/2015

Sweet that those Rainbow Direction kids feel supported by the band.

by Anonymousreply 21103/22/2015
by Anonymousreply 21203/23/2015

One Direction losing beards at a rapid clip?

by Anonymousreply 21303/23/2015

Zayn's demo

by Anonymousreply 21403/31/2015

"that track has been removed"

by Anonymousreply 21503/31/2015

@R215 WOW! Who pulled it?

by Anonymousreply 21603/31/2015

Anyone think there will be more edging out over the long break?

by Anonymousreply 21704/09/2015

R216 is on YouTube. Said to be reject from 4 and sounds like it.

by Anonymousreply 21804/09/2015

Little pun in the headline.

by Anonymousreply 21904/19/2015
Need more help? Click Here.