Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are the persian women so jealous of other women?

it drives my friend crazy whenever some other girl gets a date. She says it is "cultural"

by Anonymousreply 5506/15/2014

Because they have hairy asses

by Anonymousreply 106/15/2013

They are such cunts. I went to school with some of them, they are so bitchy and catty. I remember some girls were pissed off that one Iranian girl(who was gorgeous) was dating a hot guy from Italy. They were fucking meanwhile the other Iranian girls were worried that their father would kill them if they sucked/fucked/licked/pumped a "white" guy.

by Anonymousreply 206/16/2013

"They were fucking meanwhile the other Iranian girls were worried that their father would kill them if they sucked/fucked/licked/pumped a "white" guy."

Yet those fathers have their Persian carpets on constant window display and practically give it away.

by Anonymousreply 306/16/2013

Iran hasn't been called Persia since the 1940s. I wish Iranians would stop the self-loathing already.

by Anonymousreply 406/16/2013

R4 I hear you on that one. However the language Farsi is also called Persian in English. In addition,Iranians are proud of the Persian Empire, Persian history etc so on.That being said they don't want to be associated with the fucking maniacs in Iran either!

by Anonymousreply 606/16/2013

They resent women who have more freedom than they do...

More than they resent the male family members who have taken away their freedom.

by Anonymousreply 706/16/2013

[quote] However the language Farsi is also called Persian in English.

Persian is the umbrella term for the group of languages that comprises Farsi, Dari (as it's called in Afghanistan) and Tajik (in Tajikistan, obviously).

by Anonymousreply 806/16/2013

Persian women are too fucking hairy

by Anonymousreply 906/16/2013

R8, you're wrong.

'Persian' is not an 'umbrella term'. Persian is the English word for Farsi.

Farsi (فارسی‎ fārsi) or Parsi is the *Persian* name of the Persian language spoken in Iran, and is sometimes used in English instead of the word Persian when referring to the Persian language.

Dari is a dialect of Persian, but it's not Persian. Tajiks also speak a dialect of Persian, but not Persian.

by Anonymousreply 1006/16/2013

Persia is to Iran what England is to the United Kingdom. Parts of Iran are Kurdish and Turk

by Anonymousreply 1106/16/2013

Is calling yourself Persian similar to calling yourself Roman (for an Italian)?

by Anonymousreply 1206/16/2013

Persian girls are saving themselves for their future husbands. It ticks them off that other girls might get to home plate before they do.

by Anonymousreply 1306/16/2013

Oh, really, R12? And which part of Iran is 'Persia'? Persia as the former name of the country Iran was derived from the name of the ethnic Persians or Parsi/Farsi people. The ancient Greeks and Romans referred to Iran as Persia, but within Persia, the country was referred to as Iran (which is a derivative of Aryan given that the Aryan tribes who moved into and settled Europe came from what is now modern day Iran and parts of the Caucasus). In the '30s, the Shah formally requested that the international community cease referring to the country as Persia and instead use the name Iran. There is some debate as to whether this was inspired by the Nazi's 'Aryan Fever'. Iran was aligned with Germany during that time and allegedly, a German diplomat made the suggestion.

You cannot draw a comparison between Iran and the UK which is actually comprised of four actual countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales (although N. Ireland could be considered more a region than a country). Iran is not a composite nation. It is not comprised of other countries. There are multiple significant ethnic groups (Azeris, Persians, Kurds, Lurs, etc.), but these are not people who live in different countries.

by Anonymousreply 1406/16/2013

R13, no, because Persian is an actual ethnicity. Similar to Turkish, Kurdish, or Arab. Over 50% of Iranians are, in fact, ethnically Persian.

by Anonymousreply 1506/16/2013

R8 I have language tapes for Farsi that call the language Persian. R10 Thanks for the backup.

R12 Kurds speak an Indo-European like the Persians do They are descended from the Medes.

by Anonymousreply 1606/17/2013

[quote]Oh, really, [R12]? And which part of Iran is 'Persia'?

The part with the Persians in it.

by Anonymousreply 1706/17/2013

Why are they so rich and taken over Beverly Hills?

by Anonymousreply 1806/17/2013

My experience with women from that part of the world is that they seem to be incredibly naive/ignorant/bookish when it comes politics.

by Anonymousreply 1906/17/2013

Yes another DL thread gets derailed by assholes who can't stay on topic.

by Anonymousreply 2006/17/2013

The thing that bothers me about women is their insatiable, bottomless need for attention from men. There's this fugly old security guard in my building who always flirts with the fattifraus and they shamelessly lap it up.

They use the male population as a mirror for their worth in the world.

by Anonymousreply 2106/17/2013

R22 is jealous that the fugly old security guard doesn't flirt with him.

by Anonymousreply 2206/17/2013

I know a Persian woman who is gorgeous. She's a little plump, but is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 2409/27/2013

I've had many students from Iran and they all cheated their way through grad school. They view everything and everyone as a product. And, consequently, they have entitlement issues.

by Anonymousreply 2509/27/2013

It does seem rather pretentious that they keep insisting on calling themselves Persians. They must hate it when people say, "oh, so you're Iranian."

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2013

Ya know... .There Is Something To Be Said About The Burka...

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2013

FF for R24, the white cunt

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2013

Iranians call themselves Persians in the US because they got a lot of hatred when they used Iranian. This happened after the Iran hostage crisis. Which was also around the time many rich (usually royalists, pro Shah or at least anti mullah) came to the US. Reliably, this worked as most Aneticabs didn't know the Persia /Iran thing.

by Anonymousreply 2909/30/2013

Odd that they might be jealous. Persians are beautiful people.

by Anonymousreply 3009/30/2013

This is R24:

by Anonymousreply 3109/30/2013

R24 is black and trying to stir up trouble. The asian bashing is the give away.

by Anonymousreply 3209/30/2013

It's their noses. Same thing with Italian women. Society has taught us to fix these features. If other women are closer to the beauty ideal, they get insecure and envious.

by Anonymousreply 3309/30/2013

They wish they had light colored eyes?

by Anonymousreply 3410/02/2013

People call themselves Persian because to call one's self Iranian is undesirable here in the U.S. It's like when Hispanics call themselves Latinos. On the east coast, it's still "Hispanic" since we haven't gotten on board with the notion that Hispanic is any way derogatory or an insult (since, of course, it's not).

by Anonymousreply 3510/14/2013

White women are the most dignified R24? You gotta lot of nerve girl if you are a girl. Nobody calls me dignified, whatever the fuck that means.

by Anonymousreply 3610/14/2013

Just came in to say r10 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 3710/15/2013

The problem is the Iranian culture. They're so competitive, they pride themselves of screwing others over at their own expense. Iran is a fairly poor country,so they have serious complexes about prestige, education and wealth. It is so bad that Iranian parents will not accept their child becoming anything less than a doctor, engineer or lawyer and when the kids don't live up to this expectation they go mad, on the flip side the Iranians that make it become so arrogant. Basically it is a society that prides themselves on "One Upping" you. Also, some if not most of the men lack morals, they cheat and act like children expecting to be served by their wife and forget complaining by it, there is none of that. We also can't forget the old world mentality that is imposed on Iranian youth. A lot of Iranians date, they have per-marital sex, they just keep it from family and friends because Iranians do judge harshly and will gossip about their own sister, I've actually seen this. It is a quite oppressive culture and I am not even referring to the Islamic regime being the oppressor, they do a good job themselves. In my opinion they love to belittle others because of their own insecurity and fear of women around their cheating men. I think there is a lot of good in Iranians and their culture, but they have problems just like everyone else, I stay away from Iranians and seldom will do business with them.

by Anonymousreply 3811/27/2013

Didn't the wealthy Iranian's flee Iran in the 70's due to a regime change? Those are the ones in Beverly Hills calling themselves Persian.

by Anonymousreply 3911/27/2013

WEHT the cute son of the Shah of Iran who died in 1980?

by Anonymousreply 4011/27/2013

It's not just Persian women being jealous of other Persian women- as much as I'd hate to generalize, when the majority is a certain way-- it's hard not to generalize-- but it's most of the Persian culture- it's dog eat dog- if someone is above them- they hate because they're reminded of their short comings- if someone is below them-- the nose goes up in the air-- if you're at the same level-- competition begins- Maybe the Persian culture was once beautiful, but the people have left nothing but "keeping up with the Jones" of the culuture- perfect example: Shahs of Sunset- I loath being Iranian, because of the pretentious, two faced f*%$s that sum up most of the nation.

by Anonymousreply 4101/06/2014

I've had older Persian women as my professors and as bosses. I've been around several friend's younger Persian girlfriends. You want to meet a cut-throat balls to the wall BITCH? You go meet a Persian woman. I mean, they get shit done, but warm and loving they ain't.

by Anonymousreply 4201/06/2014

I work with a Persian woman who's pretty easy going around men, but women? Holy shit! I don't think I've heard her have a conversation with another woman where she doesn't mention her (supposedly) gorgeous genius boyfriend with an amazing job.

It's so fucking obnoxious and she comes across as a total cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4303/22/2014

I live in the same city as my alma mater, which is a large land grant university. Over the last 3 years, a massive influx of international students have enrolled. The majority are middle eastern students. I can't tell you how many times I have witnessed the women staring rudely at white women. I can't figure out if they are jealous of them or just intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 4403/22/2014

Iranians -- in this country, at least -- are liars. So dishonest, manipulative and pretentious. The women are competitive and vicious with one another, and then they sit back and talk about white women. Horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 4603/22/2014

Watching 'Shahs of Iran' and its women's (which includes Reza) jealousy/hatred of Lilly was like watching a metaphoric drama being played out in real live:

Dorothy (Lily) being surrounded by surreal freaks, evilness and jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 4703/22/2014

. . . that is, watching a metaphoric 'Wizard of Oz,' with Lilly's (Dorothy) being surrounded by surreal freaks, evilness, and jealousy . . .

by Anonymousreply 4803/22/2014

My best friend teaches at Virginia Tech. He told me an Iranian PhD student (female) has threatened faculty if they don't pass her. She cheats constantly (he sent me "turnitin" reports of several of her papers and they're 97% plagiarized) and she's a liar. He told me this sheepishly because he said, "I'm afraid of her and I'm embarrassed." He also told me, if anything happens to me, "tell the police to question Neda."

by Anonymousreply 4903/22/2014

I'm stuck back on blondes originating in Persia. I don't think that's true - I think that myth comes from:

Nearly 2,000 years before Homer, during the time of the Proto-Indo-Europeans, blonde hair was connected to the worship of the sun and fire and to the adoration of a yellow dawn goddess. The Persians plaited their beards with golden threads, and the Assyrians powdered their hair with extravagant clouds of gold dust.

Not that natural blondes never appeared in Persia; they have, just not first. At this point, the most natural blondes are in Northern Europe. Blondes produce less melanin, which leaves their skin more susceptible to skin cancer - and Persians have darker olive-type skin than Northern Europeans do.

by Anonymousreply 5003/22/2014

French women are pretty shitty to each other too. Oh and Chinese - the most Narcissistic women in the world.

by Anonymousreply 5103/22/2014

They are catty self- centered and stuck up mostly and rude very rude they think that they have the perfect life for some reason or they are just think they are all that they don't even include you with other people your just feel left out in conversation. We here in the state's are very up with the trends and shopping it could be what you have most of the time and your husband if he is attractive or not because I know that I am very close to my husband I hate other woman look at my husband like he is a Iran woman of mea nothing great about them.

by Anonymousreply 5206/15/2014

Iranians chose to call themselves Persians after the Iran Hostage Crisis in the 1970s. There was so much hate targeted at Iranians. And it worked- Americans were too dumb to know they were one and the same. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 5306/15/2014

R46: My Jewish friends tell me Persian Jews are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 5406/15/2014
Need more help? Click Here.