Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

TRUE BLOOD Season 6

Will it not suck anymore now that Alan Ball has left the show?

I'm not so confident.

I actually think Ball is a fantastic writer, and think TB's decline is actually due to his decreasing involvement from the show.

by Anonymousreply 40411/12/2013

So who's getting killed off?

by Anonymousreply 106/15/2013

Based on them saying it's someone close to Terry and Arlene, and someone big, I predict it's Andy Bellefleur. Too bad, too, I love Chris Bauer. Maybe with Treme ending, David Simon (they worked together on The Wire) wants him for another project.

by Anonymousreply 206/15/2013

Entertainment Weekly gave the new season a really bad review.

I hope Chris Bauer doesn't leave. I found his butt surprisingly enjoyable last year. It was round and very welcoming.

by Anonymousreply 406/15/2013

R4, that sucks...

I was looking forward to the new series. I will watch anyways since I pay so much for cable.

by Anonymousreply 506/15/2013

I can't find the thread but someone on IMDB who must have access to the set chronicled which actors are working etc. They seemed to think the death was "spoiler" since they hadn't seen them on the set for a few weeks.

I'll post the spoiler below

Spoiler

by Anonymousreply 606/15/2013

x

x

x

x

x xxxx xxx

xxxxx

x

Jessica

by Anonymousreply 706/15/2013

Alan Ball left?! Maybe there is hope for this season. It's his fault the last 2 seasons were terrible.

by Anonymousreply 806/15/2013

oops I don't know how to do spoilers.....sorry.

(plus it was just an IMDB rumor so who knows.)

by Anonymousreply 906/15/2013

They fired Alan Ball's replacement mid-season so that isn't a very good sign.

by Anonymousreply 1006/15/2013

I hope it isn't Andy also. I don't care for his fairy storyline but I think the actor is very good. And I agree with the poster above who said that he looked better naked than I would have expected.

by Anonymousreply 1106/15/2013

It's a shame. I thought Season Three was fantastic. Then it all fell apart. I didn't even bother to watch Season Five. I don't get it...how can a show go from a 10 to a 3 in one season? It was like it was a completely different show.

by Anonymousreply 1206/15/2013

It could be Hoyt. His character's story didn't have anywhere left to go and they sent him off at the end of the season. The only tear I've ever shed while watching that show was when Jessica erased his memory of her and Jason.

by Anonymousreply 1306/15/2013

Jim Parrack left the show last year. That was his last episode so I doubt he'll be back to die.

by Anonymousreply 1406/15/2013

SPECULATION for new season. I don't know if r7's spoiler is correct but the tag line for this season is "no one lives forever". The Season 6 poster has a face hidden behind a crimson scrim. It's definetly a vampire because the fangs are out and whoever it is looks to be in a lot of pain like when they are silvered. It looks like Eric. That could just be a red herring. No pun intended. If a major vamp character dies this season I would go with Bill. What else are they going to do with the character? He's turned into Supervamp and thinks he's God. It looks like they are making him the new season's vamp bad guy. No more guilt ridden emo for this fella. I'm not thrilled that they are short changing us two episodes when you consider that we wait nine months for new episodes. They better bring it!

by Anonymousreply 1506/15/2013

Bill is married to the star....he won't die.

by Anonymousreply 1606/15/2013

Yes, I'm well aware that Moyer is married to Anna Paquin and he also gets top billing, but in the books, Sookie's relationship with Eric is front and center. Bill is the bad guy. Plus, he might be getting tired of playing the same character. It isn't much of a stretch for an actor. Perhaps he wants to do more directing. He directed the season opener. He'd still be with the show.

by Anonymousreply 1706/15/2013

I found the imdb thread

by Anonymousreply 1806/15/2013

Please not Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 1906/15/2013

I just read the end of that thread and now the guy who started it says it probably isn't Jessica since she was at the premiere and said she is filming the final episode now.

But then again she probably has to say that. Who knows....

by Anonymousreply 2006/16/2013

well, we don't know who got killed off. The person (character who got killed) could have been filming a dream sequence for the final episode, you know suzi dreams quite a bit...

by Anonymousreply 2106/16/2013

Suzi?

by Anonymousreply 2206/16/2013

Jessica was on set as of this past Friday. I saw her there. They could have been doing reshoots or something...she also could die in the last episode.

Ryan Kwanten is mysteriously absent from set a lot, though. However, he was there this past week.

by Anonymousreply 2306/16/2013

plus sometimes shows film fake stuff that they don't intend to use to throw off the people who may blab

by Anonymousreply 2406/16/2013

Gimme some hot naked mens, and I'll be happy enough.

by Anonymousreply 2506/16/2013

If it affects Arlene and Terry, it is not a vampire or wolf.

by Anonymousreply 2606/16/2013

I think r21 means Sookie. If the character is close to Arlene and Terry it would have to be Andy. That would be a bummer. He's funny but he didn't have much to do last season. I still laugh out loud at some of his lines in season 2. He has great comedic timing. I hope they give him a rousing send off. I'm looking forward to seeing his Fae daughters. I bet their a handful.

by Anonymousreply 2706/16/2013

Doh! they're a handful.

by Anonymousreply 2806/16/2013

Alcide's gay virginity dies. He and Eric make hot wolf-vampire love and end the war.

by Anonymousreply 3006/16/2013

Is the white guy with the yellow skin still on the show?

by Anonymousreply 3106/16/2013

I agree with you, r29. The characters and inventiveness of the world Charlaine Harris created has grown stale in the hands of the shows writers. Last season was a throw away. What fan didn't think that they were going to make Tara a vampire? I thought making her a vamp would be an improvement on the character and had the potential to be an awesome story development but she still irritates the shit out of me. And all the scenes of Anna hiding her pregnant belly behind a pillow was silly and fooled no one. I did like season four and thought the Witch story line on the show was better than the one Charlaine Harris wrote. I think breaking up Hoyt and Jessica was a mistake. This show needs some sweetness. With Bill and Sookie's relationship turned to shit, and her relationship with Eric an improbability since he's back to his old self, we need a couple to root for. Sookie and Alcide is not that couple. Shortchanging the fans by only producing ten shows this season is also not cool. I love Anna but she is not the only actress to give birth. Extending True Blood's production by a month would have given us a full twelve episodes of a show the fans wait nine months for. Although, if the EW review of Season 6 is any indication, we may not care very much. I have hope for the new season but True Blood is no longer must see t.v. GoT is kicking their asses in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 3206/16/2013

I think they're killing Eric. Skarsgard's gotta want out of there, he could totally have a movie career now.

by Anonymousreply 3306/16/2013

I couldn't get through the third or fourth ep of the season back when it aired so I waited until this week to marathon the rest and I just finished - this was just a terrible, terrible season.

I don't know what went wrong, but almost everything was wrong.

Even Russell Edgington was a "so what?" I couldn't believe how bad the Authority stuff was. I had been waiting since BEFORE the premiere for a full exploration of the vampire headquarters and so on and it was so disappointing. Meloni was absolutely the worst.

I wish they had shown Linda Purl more, too - it seems like there is more to that story. I hated all the war veteran zombie crap, too, and even Lafayette wore my last nerve.

The scene with Jessica glamoring Hoyt was sweet, especially the pay-off later on when he didn't even recognize Jason. Very sad.

By far the worst season of them all and makes me yearn for the days of the Maenad. Shitty we only got 1 major period flashback sequence (Eric and Pam).

I hope we have more flashbacks this year and a good romance. I can't believe HBO already fired the new showrunner, though. I am not optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 3406/16/2013

Anne Rice recently said on her Facebook page that HBO does not want to make a series out of any of her books (a fan suggested The Witching Hour). Can someone tell why this is so? I have heard many say that the writer of True Blood is not a good writer and I assume Anne Rice is a better writer of better stories? Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 3506/16/2013

No, Charlaine Harris is not a great writer. What she does have going for her is a wildly creative and fertile imagination. Her take on Vampire mythology is as inventive and unique in it's way as the original Dracula by Bram Stoker. Honestly, I was bored stiff reading The Vampire Lestat. I have never watched the movie Interview with a Vampire to its conclusion. The suits at HBO probably think Anne Rice would be a colossal pain in the ass to work with.

by Anonymousreply 3606/16/2013

I'd be happy if Andy got killed off. He has one emotion, and that's gruff anger, which gets really abrasive really quickly.

I doubt it'll be Jessica though. Straight guys love that actress/character.

by Anonymousreply 3706/16/2013

I watched a brief interview with Alex Skaarsgard on Entertainment Tonight at the Season 6 premiere. He came off as kind of a dick and alluded to a major character dying this year. He was coy when the reporter asked if it was Eric. I think r33 is right. I think the poster for the new season the tip off. They might as well cancel the show after this season if it's true. He is THE reason to watch the show. They don't know what to do with Lafayette and have pretty much marginalized the character. He was the only other good reason to watch the show and that makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 3806/16/2013

Season 5 is soooooo bad. Actually, it's been pretty awful since season 2.

But is there anything funnier than last season when Lillith first spears?!?! It is the cheesiest thing I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 3906/16/2013

If Jessica dies I will watch again.

by Anonymousreply 4006/16/2013

Live preshow on now!

by Anonymousreply 4106/16/2013

Bill's natural accent is really weird.

by Anonymousreply 4206/16/2013

Ryan Kwanten's accent is even more weird.

by Anonymousreply 4306/16/2013

And the white guy with the yellow skin?

by Anonymousreply 4406/16/2013

Alcide ass... followed immediately by female full frontal. Sigh. Highs and lows, man. Highs and lows.

by Anonymousreply 4506/16/2013

He'll never show his ass again...

by Anonymousreply 4606/16/2013

Maybe...

by Anonymousreply 4706/16/2013

Well, the premiere didn't suck. And there seems to be some potentially interesting storylines.

I guess it couldn't be worse than last year.

by Anonymousreply 4806/16/2013

That wasn't bad. Back to spooky and scary and a little Alcide ass doesn't hurt.

So far I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 4906/16/2013

The first episode was well written and entertaining and made me want to see more. A vast improvement over last season. The live show was a bit weird. With a few exceptions, the cast didn't look like they wanted to be there. Anna and Steven Moyer looked uncomfortable and when the live bit was over he sort of mumbled something under his breath and walked away. Not a wave to the audience. Bill, where are your manners? Alexander and Kristen seemed to be having a good time but that could just be the cocktails kicking in. Rutina, Chris Bauer and Carrie were gracious and I do get the feeling that Andy is gonna meet his maker this season. Kwanten and Trammel seemed put off by the sassy black hostess. Manganiello always looks happy to have a job. Why did they fire the showrunner responsible for this episode? He seemed to understand that they had to step up and do better than season five. And they did.

by Anonymousreply 5006/16/2013

That would be Stephen Moyer.

by Anonymousreply 5106/16/2013

Saw the Preshow and I never knew that Alcide's nose is crooked. He looked good with short hair.

I think Sam is pretty hot, but he seems very vanilla. Jason is hot too but he seems kinda dumb like his character.

Suki looks great in that black dress and she bounced back so quick after the birth of her twins.

I enjoyed the first episode!

by Anonymousreply 5206/16/2013

This thread is awfully short... I guess a lot of people have bailed.

by Anonymousreply 5306/16/2013

Luna died.

by Anonymousreply 5406/16/2013

Only tv show that gets a big thread per episode is Mad Men and on the rarer occasion something big happens on Game of Thrones..

by Anonymousreply 5506/16/2013

You're a dick, R54

by Anonymousreply 5606/16/2013

I think Joe has a small penis so he will never show it...

by Anonymousreply 5706/16/2013

Are we sure Luna is really dead? Trammel said Sam and Luna are still together when the sassy black hostess asked about Sam's love life this season. Is Trammel a lying sack or was he simply trying not to spoil it for the fans? I'm guessing the latter Aw, Eric loves Sookie. And Bill can't be staked. So far, so good.

by Anonymousreply 5806/17/2013

Have they ever showed dick on this show?

by Anonymousreply 5906/17/2013

I don't think so r59.

by Anonymousreply 6006/17/2013

I don't recall seeing any, r59. Just alot of nice man ass.

by Anonymousreply 6106/17/2013

Yes, they have. Several times. Just not from any of the leads.

by Anonymousreply 6206/17/2013

"Have they ever showed dick on this show?"

The closest they've come is a bunch of wood with the guys exploding and collapsing into puddles.

by Anonymousreply 6306/17/2013

Part of the problem is the cast has become far too bloated. The stories have also gotten too big and bloated. Pare the cast down, bring back the small town feel of seasons 1 and 2 that I fell in love with.

by Anonymousreply 6406/17/2013

The guy who played Sam's brother showed a lot of pubes I remember.

by Anonymousreply 6506/17/2013

R59, I thought I saw some Billith dick as he flew into the air near the beginning. OTOH it looked to be about a foot long, so I assume it had to have been a prosthetic. (Plus, Billith (before he shed the blood costume) was disgusting.)

Aside from that, no, and I don't think we saw any pussy on the show until last season.

by Anonymousreply 6606/17/2013

Who is considered a major character?

Maybe it's that redhead waitress or Russell or Eric's sister.

by Anonymousreply 6706/17/2013

A death that would bring the whole town of Bon Temps together: clearly it isn't a vamp. I'm guessing it's one of the original characters, but not one of the primary ones: Sam, Lafayette, Arlene, Andy or Jason. (Not a chance it's Sookie or Bill.)

by Anonymousreply 6806/17/2013

If I had to guess, Holly the witch will probably die this season. She doesn't have that much to do -- her big plot last season had to do with her kids posting on Facebook -- and it would give Arlene and Andy something to do. It wouldn't be a major death, but I think she's a goner anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6906/17/2013

The only reason the werewolf storyline exists is because people want to see Joe naked. I'm not even that into him. I wish they'd just get rid of that whole boring group of characters, they're completely useless.

As much as I like Sam, his story lines also seem like a complete waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 7006/17/2013

Sookie, Bill, Eric, Sam, Jason, Tara, and Alcide are the major characters. Lafayette's character was supposed to be killed off in season one but he was such a fan favorite, as well as one of Alan Ball's favorite characters, that the role was expanded and he is also a major playah. Arlene, Terry, Andy, Pam and Hoyt are all supporting. Jessica and Eric's sister Nora are new characters created by the writers on the show.

by Anonymousreply 7106/17/2013

Hoyt is already gone. Sad, because I thought he was totally fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 7206/17/2013

I have never read the books...is it revealed in the series(book) who lives and who dies?

by Anonymousreply 7306/17/2013

Yes, but at least he's not DEAD, SO dead. Like OMG dead:) , r72.

by Anonymousreply 7406/17/2013

The show deviates from the books quite a bit. MaryAnn and even Russell Edgington were different in the books. Jason becoming a Werepanther is a major storyline in the books but sort of fell by the wayside on the show. On the live show, Bauer said it was a dangerous time for humans. I think more than one important, or at least favorite, character is going to die this season including a Vamp. Or perhaps we have been played. The season has just started and so far it's looking good. I can deal with the pain of losing a favorite if the show makes it entertaining. I don't know if they will be able to compete with the shock and awe of the Red Wedding on GoT in terms of fan angst though.

by Anonymousreply 7506/17/2013

they fired the showrunner for this episode? It was awful. Talk about a disappointment. It was the season opener and they presented a lame, generic episode that could have been interchanged with any episode. So freaking boring.

by Anonymousreply 7606/17/2013

It was bland. Even Rutger Hauer's appearance was kind of just there as well. I do like the anti-Vamp storyline though. They got too big for their britches and are now being cut down to size. The whole Billith thing is a bore, a reminder of the whole Authority debacle.

There are more books in the series. They claim that Quinn will not show up. They should make him show up because the whole Eric/Sooki thing is boring me to tears. They should have Alcide fuck Sooki as well.

by Anonymousreply 7706/17/2013

I hope this season will have a central storyline that will involve the most of the people. I don't need like 5 storyline to follow every episode.

R63 I remember last season they showed dick for like a second. It was this frat boy that was being sucked dry by that council of vampires.

by Anonymousreply 7806/17/2013

I agree w/ R76. It was boring. The show has definitely peaked already.

I bet Luna possesses Lafayette in a future episode.

by Anonymousreply 7906/17/2013

When Rutger Hauer pulled over for Jason, I was thinking "The Hitcher".

by Anonymousreply 8006/17/2013

It sucked. I can't believe this was the premiere. It could have been Episode 13 of last season for all the allure it had. What a waste.

I can't believe they basically have set up nothing new or interesting or compelling at all. Same shit, different season. Not even a flashback? We better get one next week.

I never thought I wouldn't even want to see TRUE BLOOD through to its inevitable conclusion since it used to be my favorite show and I rarely if ever bail on a series anyway, but I just might... I was so disappointed and I had already set my expectations low.

Also, given the storyline the bald guy with the glasses is apparently going to have, to say nothing of the casting of Rutger Hauer, it seems they can't get decent stars to do the show anymore either. Quite a quality drop from Fiona Shaw and Denis O'Hare to Rutger Hauer and whoever the bald guy is. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 8106/17/2013

I don't know OP, what I do know is that I love Pam and her quips. She needs her own 30 minute dramedy spin-off.

by Anonymousreply 8206/17/2013

That bald senator or whatever is played by the same guy who played the child molester in "I Know My First Name is Steven" (Arliss Howard?) He's one of those actors who creeps me the fuck out because I associate him so closely with one specific role. I feel the same way about him as I do about the guy who plays "Buffalo Bill" in The Silence of the Lambs. So, basically, I'm not looking forward to seeing him pop up this season in an arc.

by Anonymousreply 8306/17/2013

R50 Sassy Black Hostess? You can't just refer to them as Hostsess or name.

by Anonymousreply 8406/17/2013

R84, lighten the fuck up and stop with the race baiting.

by Anonymousreply 8506/17/2013

They are too dedicated to their actors, and making sure they don't "Lose" anyone that brings in viewership--so much so, that they don't risk advancing the story lines faster, and have multiple ones that go nowhere.

I think the three most popular characters: Eric, Pam, Lafayette, get their own spinoff, have it set in the bar and call the show after its setting in fangtasia. They could have multiple story lines and different plots, because bars have customers that come and go, and they could get very inventive the series.

the rest, they should demand more dick shots or be left out of the series.

by Anonymousreply 8606/17/2013

[quote]I don't know OP, what I do know is that I love Pam and her quips. She needs her own 30 minute dramedy spin-off.

I agree. If Pamela were killed off, I'd stop watching. She's the only redeeming character on that show.

by Anonymousreply 8706/17/2013

It will be a human who dies. Likely Jason since he'll be leading the local war against the vampires.

Speaking of 'sassy black hostess', WHO was she? Did she win some fan contest or is she a tv person? I thought she looked slightly familiar at first then realized she didn't. She also kept referencing her Twitter account.

If she was just some fan they picked out of a hat, she actually did quite well. The preview show was odd and didn't seem to work the way I think they'd hoped, but the hostess did pretty good for someone who may not have had any experience.

Anybody know who she is?

by Anonymousreply 8806/17/2013

I feel this show is over. But I am still tuning in for eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 8906/17/2013

The sassy black hostess is Retta from Parks & Recreation, although I'm not sure why the producers/HBO chose her to host the preview show. She and Joe Manganiello tweet rather often, that's why he hugged her. I think it would have been much more interesting if they would have brought someone to host from another supernatural series like Teen Wolf or The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 9006/17/2013

As usual, Lafayette steals the show with just one scene and less dialogue than anyone else. Oh, let's face it folks. True Blood is ovah and Game of Thrones' bitch. GoT is the top dog shit on HBO right now.

by Anonymousreply 9106/17/2013

[quote]When Rutger Hauer pulled over for Jason, I was thinking "The Hitcher".

Me too!

And I instantly knew he was the big evil vampire Warlo...

by Anonymousreply 9206/17/2013

Wasn't Rutger Huerer the vampire in the first Buffy movie?

by Anonymousreply 9306/17/2013

All the cast want off the show, especially the fan favourites. They are sick of it, behind the scenes is a total clusterfuck.

Look for Andy, Lafayette, Pam and Eric to be killed off this year.

by Anonymousreply 9406/17/2013

There is no show without Eric and Lafayette. Is this the last season? Also, they should be careful what they ask for since none of them has exactly set the world on fire with other acting roles. Well, maybe Carrie, who is so good as the crazy like a fox lawyer Elsbeth Tascioni on The Good Wife. Skarsgard's movie career is hit and miss. He doesn't have much range and he is getting older. Anna Paquin and Lois Smith were the only two actors with name recognition when the show started. The cast may be famous now but not for anything other than this show. It isn't their fault that the writing and story lines for last season were so lame. Maybe it's time to go back to the books for inspiration. Charlaine Harris wrote a number of interesting characters who would have been more fun to watch than THE AUTHORITY. Bleeh..

by Anonymousreply 9506/17/2013

I actually like it. It was a good character episode. I'd rather have that than a forced plotty episode that makes you roll your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9606/18/2013

Premiere episode re-cap, done in "pro/con" style... GO!

by Anonymousreply 9706/18/2013

[quote]behind the scenes is a total clusterfuck.

Do tell, r94.

[quote]I love Anna but she is not the only actress to give birth. Extending True Blood's production by a month would have given us a full twelve episodes of a show the fans wait nine months for.

I feel pretty confident in conjecturing that Anna's pregnancy was not the real reason for the shorter season. Game of Thrones' budget was the more likely cause. GOT is now HBO's highest-rated show, and True Blood is on its last legs. HBO was being practical.

by Anonymousreply 9806/18/2013

Lady Lafayette needs to hook up with a hot werewolf And do it doggie style. (In the tushie)

by Anonymousreply 9906/18/2013

[quote]Look for Andy, Lafayette, Pam and Eric to be killed off this year.

Then this must be the last season because there is no point in continuing if Lafayette, Pam and Eric are no longer on the show since they have carried it for a long time. Is this speculation or are you some sort of insider?

by Anonymousreply 10006/18/2013

Geez, the season opener wasn't so bad. And Joe M.'s manly ass!

There will be at least one more season. Viewership fell a little at the opener, but that's to be expected for a show this age.

by Anonymousreply 10106/18/2013

this is the last season.

Arelene dies, Sooki is accused of killing her.

by Anonymousreply 10206/18/2013

Oh, and the governor is played by Arliss Howard, a good actor and Debra Winger's husband. Don't know about Hauer, but give Arliss a chance, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 10306/18/2013

I have to wonder if they are not "borrowing" from The Walking Dead - by having a sadistic "Governor" who tortures the vamps to find better ways to kill them.

There is such a rich number of storylines to pull from the Sooki Stackhouse books that they don't need to copy one.

by Anonymousreply 10406/18/2013

It plays like such a bad comic book anymore. It's a shame. It was so cool in the beginning. Now it is characters rushing from one close call to the next. That effect of the vamps "swooshing" at high speed from one spot to the next has gotten really tiresome. I wish the show would slow down some. It was a big mistake giving almost every character some kind of supernatural attribute. And if this is going on in Bon Temps, wouldn't it be going on in the entire world? It would be chaos: pixies and fairies and vampires and werewolves and werepanthers and witches...where are the leprechauns?

by Anonymousreply 10506/18/2013

Arliss Howard is fucking fantastic. If you can still love, hate or fear a character he played years ago then he did his job. I liked the rather banal introduction of the Governor as a typical greedy, two-faced politician who will say and do anything to further his political ambitions. But he is much more than that. Think Steve Newlin to the ninth power. Give Arliss a chance. He is worth watching. I think Sarah Newlin makes an appearance this season. I wonder if there is going to be a lust triangle with Jason, Sarah and the Governor. That would work for me. We have only seen one episode and the previews for future episodes look good. Let's not put the last nail in True Blood's coffin just yet.

by Anonymousreply 10606/18/2013

I rewatched the live show on On Demand and I saw some things in a different light than the first time I saw it. While Anna and Stephen did look nervous, they were friendly and tried to answer the innane questions with grace I was amused that . Anna looked horrified when Kristen told us that Stephen hears Sookie everyday at the dog park. I think she thought Kristen was calling her a dog! but a lot of people name their pets after characters on the show. Anna looked great. Her hair is taking a beating with all the bleaching but she looked really pretty and not scary skinny like in some of the print photos of her lately. Alexander is just gorgeous. And charming. Love him. Kwanten is certainly not as dumb as Jason but doesn't seem to have a lot to say. In hindsight, the questions about Sam's love life were making Trammel uncomfortable because he didn't want to spoil the opening for fans. Todd Lowe, Carrie Preston and Chris Bauer were gracious. Lowe has such a soft, pleasant voice in real life. Very different from Terry. Nelsan surprised me. He was kind of snarky with the hostess. Perhaps he was asking himself "who the fuck is this drama queen and why is she here"? like most of us at home. Stephen did acknowlege the audience by raising his glass at the end of the segment. I guess I was distracted by Manganiello trying to pole dance above their heads. It was kind of weird but fun. Good job, Truebloods.

by Anonymousreply 10706/19/2013

Ugh, they're still going with this Terry/Iraqi ghost storyline?

by Anonymousreply 10806/23/2013

Second episode was good! Love the vampire war. Wish they had some man ass though.

So far so good.

by Anonymousreply 10906/23/2013

I was very engrossed in tonight's episode for the first time in a long time. It's finally good again!

by Anonymousreply 11006/23/2013

NO MORE SNATCH!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11106/23/2013

Love the fairy godfather.

by Anonymousreply 11206/23/2013

Deborah Ann Woll should be nominated for an Emmy. I don't care if this is only a show about Vampires.

by Anonymousreply 11306/23/2013

Yes, much better tonight than it has been for a while. I am interested to see the character of Niall introduced. The rest of the show was engrossing, too. Jessica did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 11406/24/2013

Agree R113

by Anonymousreply 11506/24/2013

A third vote for Deborah Ann Wohl. For all the campy and bad acting on this show, she really has been rising to the occasion. She's not only beautiful but she really did a nice job of bringing back her Christian past/life before becoming a vampire in a naturalistic and organic way.I hope she has a great career after her run is done on the show.

by Anonymousreply 11606/24/2013

The only parts of this show that are engrossing are the actual gross parts. The gore is the only artistically fulfilling thing about any of it.

The rest? Kill it.

I can't believe anyone could call that good. The whole show has a much cheaper look this year, too. I can't believe how bad it has gotten. It's beyond repair by this point probably. Also, the mirror special effects were totally embarrassing.

It feels like a different, inferior show now. The transition started early last season and last night confirmed that the TRUE BLOOD of S1-4 is long gone and this new, cheaper, crappier version has replaced it. You're glamored if you believe otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 11706/24/2013

I totally disagree, r117. I thought the first two episodes were strong and very entertaining. The new and rather startling powers that Billith has acquired and the revelation that these strange and scary abilities are as much a surprise to the character as they are to us is a nice twist. Obviously, the show cannot go back to the Bon Temp of season one where most of the necks in town hung out at Merlottes discussing the Vampers coming out of the closet and what that means and what they are going to do about it. This season does seem like it is going to be about the characters reconnecting with their core values and the people who share those values. It's also about family. Jason finally having a father figure to quide him.. Sookie finding romance with someone of her kind and the possibility of having a relatively normal life. And that includes kids. Self absorbed Andy Bellefleur becoming a father and scared of fucking it up. Jessica finding the father in Bill that she wished for when she was human. The fractured father/daughter relationship of Eric and Pam and whether it can be repaired. Tara finally finding a mother figure who is strong and in control and capable of great loyalty and devotion. Everything her human mother is not. I think they are going to move away from the sexual relationship between Pam and Tara. For the first time in a long time I am starting to fret that there are only eight episodes remaining! Haven't felt that way about the show since season 4. Me likey.

by Anonymousreply 11806/24/2013

Sookie's new fairy boyfriend has stubby, pudgy fingers. So disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 11906/24/2013

R119...get over it!

by Anonymousreply 12006/24/2013

Ben is one of those people who can look really attractive or borderline homely depending on the angle of the camera. I like that he's neither moodily handsome like Bill in season one or a Teutonic God like Eric. He's kind of ordinary like Sookie. I like his smile and dimples. Maybe he cleans up nice. I want to like this character. Sookie needs some old fashioned romance in her life.

by Anonymousreply 12106/24/2013

Sookie looked too skinny last night. It's still hard not to laugh when every single man who sees her falls into instant lustband adoration over her overwhelming "beauty.". She's a lucky bitch to have that role and get all that hot dick, though.

by Anonymousreply 12206/24/2013

Pam's old line about Sookie's "magical fucking fairy vagina" still makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 12306/24/2013

Is this the final season? I thought there was one more.

by Anonymousreply 12406/24/2013

I don't think they have any plans to end it.

by Anonymousreply 12506/24/2013

HBO fired the show runner halfway into this season so they must not have liked what they were seeing.

by Anonymousreply 12606/24/2013

I loved the scene of Jessica praying. "God, I don't know if you're Bill or if Bill is you..." All with the hidden revelation that Lilith is NOT the vampire's god, just more powerful than most vampires and especially more powerful than humans.

by Anonymousreply 12706/24/2013

Mark Hudis is the executive producer who replaced Ball as show runner and was responsible for the first three episodes. Based on the two episodes so far, why would HBO have reason to be unhappy? He joined the show in season 4 and it sounds like HBO wanted him as show runner because they signed a long term deal with him to run TB and develop other shows for them. Bruckner was considered the front runner for the job because he is well liked and has been with the show from inception. There is never any behind the scenes dish on this show. That in itself is unusual. It always sounds like a happy set but if key cast members thought Hudis wasn't a good fit and were unhappy about the way things were heading, HBO would take it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 12806/25/2013

Sorry, that would be Brian Buckner not Bruckner.

by Anonymousreply 12906/25/2013

I enjoyed it for the most part but can they please get rid of the fucking werewolves? The most useless, boring characters ever.

by Anonymousreply 13006/25/2013

Or at least make the werewolf and shifter men get naked more. There was nothing in terms of male nudity .... sigh.

by Anonymousreply 13106/25/2013

Here's the write-up, pro/con style (heavy on the snark):

by Anonymousreply 13206/25/2013

[quote]Kill it.

So we'll assume you've stop watching R118 and we won't have "enjoy" your rants anymore?

[quote]Based on the two episodes so far, why would HBO have reason to be unhappy?

Perhaps it was financial. Maybe he went over budget, or he was behind schedule?

by Anonymousreply 13306/25/2013

You could be right, r133. Another poster remarked that cutting this season by two episodes was a decision made by the suits at HBO because they have channeled so much cash into GoT. Anna kind of got the blame for the shortened season because of her pregnancy. Not fair if the decision was simply a financial consideration by HBO.

by Anonymousreply 13406/25/2013

No one watched?

by Anonymousreply 13506/30/2013

I watched. I loved when Bill was so convinced that he could walk in the sun, and ended up nearly frying. The character has always been a smug, self-righteous prick and a terrible romantic hero. - I was hoping that when he exploded last season, that would be the end of Bill, but if he has to be back (and as Mr. Anna Paquin, he does), then at least he's now a villain who thinks about killing babies.

by Anonymousreply 13607/01/2013

I think Ben is really cute and charming but i have a feeling he is Warlow.

by Anonymousreply 13707/01/2013

Too many plotline for an hour show. Same is true for Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 13807/01/2013

I watched, too. And I laughed out loud when Bill burst into flames. Hard to tell where they are going with Jason. He's a popular character and they can't lose half the male eye candy on the show ( if internet rumors are true about you know who dying). They might be setting up a werepanther story line for him if the show is renewed for one more year. I was disappointed in the way they revealed that Sarah Newlin is back. Her scenes with Steve were flat. I'm thinking she's the Governor's squeeze. I like Willa. I hope Eric makes her a vampire. Bill IS a villain this season but they are smart to reveal how dangerous he is in measured doses rather than having him parade around naked, covered in blood and baring those extra-long fangs. If Bill hurts a hair on one of Andy's cute daughters he will be DEAD to me:) Can't wait for the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 13907/01/2013

It did occur to me that Ben might be Warlow. But I decided that would be too obvious. That they want us to think that. Then, Niall showed them the blood specimen he found at the Fairy club and it looked to glow with Fae light. Hmmm. If Warlow is half Fae or has consumed so much Fae blood that he can stay out in daylight and can read minds and the Fae can read his thoughts then they wouldn't suspect him of being Vampire. The only question is,why is he playing cat and mouse games with Niall and Sookie? I wonder if another Vamp could sense that Ben is Vampire but there is something really different about him and that is why he hauled ass when it turned out to be Nora in the bushes. The fact that I'm thinking this hard about the show makes me smile. I'm hooked again. Good job, Truebloods.

by Anonymousreply 14007/01/2013

I laughed out loud too when Bill caught on fire. He is such an arrogant asshole. If a main character were to be killed off, I wish it were him but alas, he's Mr. Anna Paquin so it won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 14107/01/2013

What the hell is the significance of the stuffed dog in the front of Andy's front seat? Bill looked shocked to see it, so I sense it had more importance than just a means to change conversation.

by Anonymousreply 14207/01/2013

Vampire can smell fairies, and the stuffed dog probably smelled of the fairy kids. Now that Bill knows there are more fairies around than just Sookie, he can use them for their blood.

by Anonymousreply 14307/01/2013

That totally sucked. Maybe the worst episode ever on the show. It's no surprise the new showrunner was fired after these three episodes, especially this one. Abysmal.

It feels like a different, shittier show now.

I don't think it can recover after such a bad year last year and now these three, but I hope it does. It has to end next year, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 14407/01/2013

R140, yes, I was thinking Ben was warlow too. I don't like the Gov's daughter. She looks too much like Eric's sister, I was confused at first.

by Anonymousreply 14507/01/2013

This season is not close to being as bad as some of the hand wringers and nay sayers are going on about. It's suspenseful, they have introduced some compelling new characters and they are going to do the unthinkable and kill off a couple of favorite characters. I'm sure these same people will have a lot to say about that. Why waste time on anything that is such a disappointment?

by Anonymousreply 14607/01/2013

Arlene's a goner...

by Anonymousreply 14707/01/2013

Ben would have fried in the sunlight right?EVen Bill with his so-called Lillith blood fried in the sun. The fae blood theory is interesting but I'd like to see someone with more gravitas like Rutger Hauer play Warlow. The Ben character is very blah though....They kind of hinted he could have been Warlow.

by Anonymousreply 14807/01/2013

The guesses I have for season five are as follows:

Bill is going to try to synthesize a true blood with fae light so that Vamps can walk the sun...He is going to use the four fae born of the Bellefleur blood to synthesize a new true blood. This was apart of his connection with the vision of Lilith standing in the sun. He is attempting to achieve her final plan-the same as his and any other vamps agenda-to stand in the sun. This desire was revealed to be the reason the necromancer Witch had such control over them in season four. She channeled this secret desire-which is deadly to the species.

Warlow is a fae/vamp mix that Lilith sired, Warlow is an fae hybrid like sookie; The siring, resulted in a mix of the two lines of people. Warlow is looking for a bride, and a queen to oversee the conversion of vamps and fae to their line. Warlow was waiting for another fae hybrid to take to sire. He created the contract with Sookie's family to do this. It is this revelation, that makes Sookie's attraction to vamps understood; why Jason and Tara were annoyed for the past few season with her desires to date of that kind. Sookie's fate was sealed on the day her family signed her future over. She has been destined to join with a vamp. Now, aware of this, she will make every effort to avoid contact with vamps, and find new love with the fae hybrid introduced this season-Ben Flynn. Sorry Alicde, not going to happen now. But he will be a good loyal friend to the end. It would be weird to date the murder of your ex anyways.

Jason, dies from a concussion. Jason's storyline is played out: he reconciles his hatred of vamps and recognizes that their parents were only human like Sookie mentions-and the actor probably wants newer roles...therefore it is time for the true death! Let's face it Jason was getting annoying, and there are only so many attempts at getting him naked-Sookie will be devastated and will Hate Bill for levitating Jason in his condition. Bill will feel guilty--which will help in the showdown against Warlow. He will save Sookie in efforts to win her back. Will Bill live? Who will die in the scenario,Warlow or Bill? I don't know.

The Governor of LA is looking to use true blood to kill vampires, in contrast of Bill who is looking to save them with Fae blood-true blood. However, the Governor's plan is discovered, and he is found corrupt and committing illegal acts. He is then placed under arrest for committing crimes against humanity for the research facility.

Alcide gets run over by a car(a joke-although the current storyline is way worse)

Actually I predict: Alcide realizes that being lead wolf is a task he doesn't want, he doesn't like pack mentality(the killing of the two humans) and will eventually leave the role of pack master. He will give custody of Emma to Sam as his last act as leader.

The show is an allegory for the Boogie man syndrome people suffer from in politics and other areas...race, gender, sexual orientation can be inserted into the storylines instead of werewolves, fae, vamps, and shifters.

by Anonymousreply 14907/01/2013

You propose some interesting theories, r149. If the True Blood can be altered to poison Vamps rather than sustain them that would be an interesting parallel to Bill's obsession with creating a blood substitute that would allow Vamp's to walk in the Sun and become almost impossible to kill. It would be easy for the human scientists to tamper with the True Blood formula if they had access to the factory in Bon Temp. And they would have access throught the Governor. To the people who manufacture True Blood, the Governor is just another greedy politician. They would never suspect him of having another, more sinister, agenda. Let me tweak your theory about Warlow and the Vamp/Fae hybrid. What if Ben is not Warlow but his great, great, great, etc. grandson and the first born of a human/vamp/fae hybrid bloodline in his family. Same way Sookie is descended from a Royal Fae line and is the first born of the Fae/Human bloodline in her family. By drinking so much Vamp blood, Sookie's blood chemistry has been altered and is now the same a bloodtype as Ben's. The only two beings in the world with that bloodtype. The children that result from Ben and Sookie mating would be the start of a new Royal bloodline. The first of their kind. This is why Warlow sought out one of Niall's sons to make the deal. Niall's family is the original Fae bloodline and the most powerful. Ben may not even know who he is. He only knows he is different from other half-lings and seems to have powers that they don't possess. The reason he and Sookie have such a connection is that are exactly alike. And just as clueless. I think Ben/Sookie is a real romance. And fated. And much more interesting than the Bill and Eric hook ups. If Jason is near death, and Sookie goes to Bill for help, and he refuses to help, Sookie won't rest until Bill meets the true death.

by Anonymousreply 15007/01/2013

Why do I suspect that R149's guesses are going to be more entertaining than anything they'll actually do on the show?

I like the show, but man last night's episode was a let down.

by Anonymousreply 15107/01/2013

I'm thinking that the necklace Ben wears is relevant to the plot. A sigil or seal of the Warlow bloodline perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 15207/01/2013

In what way was the episode a let down, r151?

by Anonymousreply 15307/01/2013

This was the last episode of the showrnner who replaced Ball. HBO fired him after this episode was shot, and a new showrunner takes over in the next episode. I hope there's an improvement.

by Anonymousreply 15407/01/2013

They threw in another red herring in the obvious attempt to get us to think that Ben might be Warlow. When Niall is doing the Faeirie equivalent of a C.S.I. sweep of the nightclub and is receiving images of what happened from the blood, one of the Faeiries manages to inflict an injury on Warlow, because we can hear flesh tearing as she strikes out at him. But wee don't see what causes the injury. There is no flash of light or "microwave fingers" as Sookie calls it. In another image we see the young male Faeirie ask "What are you?" before the attack begins. Not "who are you?". Even the Fae are not sure who or what has entered the sanctuary. The only Vampire who was able to breach the Fae portal was Edgington and that was because he drank all of Esmerelda's blood. But if Warlow is half Fae he alreadly has Faeirie blood in him. And of course, Ben just happens to have an injury to his arm when Sookie finds him. I sort of want Ben to be a good guy because so far there has been an appalling lack of sexy times this season and at least we will get to see some Fae nookie if those two hook up.

by Anonymousreply 15507/02/2013

Governor's daughter is a great actress I think.

by Anonymousreply 15607/02/2013

She looks like a Bride of Dracula. And I mean that in a good way. Like one of the babes in a Hammer film. Even the white peignoir is a Hammer trademark. She also has the darkest eyes I've ever seen. Did she only pretend to remove her contacts? She seems rather wily.

by Anonymousreply 15707/02/2013

I am not even close to being a prude and the word "fuck" doesn't bother me in the least bit, but for some reason it irks the shit out of me on this show in that it is used in almost EVERY sentence by EVERY character. It just seems so shoe-horned in as if it makes what the character is saying more dangerous or "edgy". You would die of alcohol poisoning if you played a drinking game during an episode of this show.

by Anonymousreply 15807/02/2013

The most recent episode was written by Mark Hudis, the show runner who quit just three episodes into the new season. The scene between Ginger and Eric talking about fucking was so ridiculous and embarassing and felt forced. Same when Sookie told Ben she was "fucking" with him. Sookie is a nice girl. She knows how to conduct herself like a lady, especially with a man she just met. She was raised right. I don't know why, but it pissed me off to hear her say that. Contrast that with her using "fudge" as a substitute for shit in the previous episode. On the few occasions where she has used the F word, she was in a world of shit:) I don't know how someone who doesn't even know how to write for the lead character got to run the whole shabang.

by Anonymousreply 15907/02/2013

The truth is, if you want to do God's work, you have to be in politics.

by Anonymousreply 16007/05/2013

Preview of the upcoming episode:

by Anonymousreply 16107/05/2013

If Ben was Warlow, he could've spirited Sookie away when she found him injured on the wayside with no one the wiser. And I agree with you, r159.

by Anonymousreply 16207/05/2013

It had been so bad, I stopped watching it a couple of years ago.

I've seen the last two episodes and I'm not that impressed. When will these writers understand that most of us want a little fun and humor thrown in with the blood and danger?

It really has been such a downer...who needs it?

by Anonymousreply 16307/05/2013

It's non-stop running around, like the entire season takes place over 2 or 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 16407/05/2013

Re: r161 ...

WTF was that??

by Anonymousreply 16507/05/2013

I really like Vampire Bill's mansion. Suzuki does a fantastic job with the sets.

by Anonymousreply 16607/06/2013

My trouble with the show is that since all the main vampire characters were trying to kill off all humans last season, I find it impossible to sympathize with them. And even before that they were preying on human beings secretly and murdering them, even after the creation of True Blood.

I'm entirely on the side of the governor of Louisiana at this point: they're not humans, and they should all be permanently destroyed since they prey on humans and murder them whenever they can get away with it. I have trouble understanding at this point why anyone would sympathize with them, no matter how dreamy Eric is or how amusingly snarky Pam is. They just went too far last season.

by Anonymousreply 16707/06/2013

Its a chore to watch now a daisies.

by Anonymousreply 16807/07/2013

I think this season is better than last, which was unwatchable. I do agree that it's hard to find any sympathy for the vamps after last season.

I am confused about the faeries, why is Sookie always the target? There are other faeries and now with Andy's daughters, who are more faery than Sookie, what is the point? I also want to know if Sookie aged quicker since that is what is happening with Andy's daughters.

Have to mention that the actress who plays Pam is aging rapidly, I dont know how they are going to continue with the vamps not aging.

Finally... Who is going to be killed off this season? Any spoilers coming out?

by Anonymousreply 16907/07/2013

This same Mark Hudis, the show runner who quit or got fired, said in an interview that Sookie was going to undergo a change in personality to reflect the changes in Anna Paquin's real life since becoming a mother for the first time. Bullshit. It's a t.v. show based on a series of books about Vampires, Faeires, Shifters and Werewolves. I don't watch True Blood because it mirrors real life. I watch it to escape real life. No wonder he got shit canned. Sookie is an established character and we have a reasonable expectation for the character to act like the character. I don't want bitchy, sleep deprived, worry wart Sookie who says the F word more than Pam, just because Anna has two little lives to worry about. No disrespect towards Anna, but it's an acting job. I don't know why the show is trying in a not so subtle manner to blame Anna for the problems with the show. It was also said that the shorter season was because of the birth of the twins. Someone else said it was a financial decision by HBO. Whatever the reason, it sucks.

by Anonymousreply 17007/07/2013

That last scene was hot. The actor who pays Ben is really good and sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 17107/07/2013

One hot dream, Jason Stackhouse and Ben.

by Anonymousreply 17207/07/2013

Jason's wet dream was worth all of the trouble.That one scene has launched a thousand quivering Musseys! I LURVE how he woke up afterwards. He rally is a very underrated comic actor.

I'm getting a little tired of "Dark" Alcide. Joe M, doesn't really have any acting chops to pull this off. Meh.

Still love the war on Vampires.

Bill forcing the scientist to make blood and kidnapping the faeries to do it, is beyond silly. They need to re-think that one.

Eric has only made two vamps?

I think Pam is the one who gets true dead this season.

by Anonymousreply 17307/07/2013

Looks like Andy is a goner. This episode was fantastic. From Warlow's reveal to that hot scene with Jason and Ben in the bathroom to Jason's unbelievably buff body to Sookie's Jessica Fletcher AHA moment when she realizes Ben is Warlow to Eric making Willa a Vamp. "is it going to hurt?" "not the way I do it". OMG. Loved every minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 17407/07/2013

The problems with Alcide have been going on far too long. I understand that he's a hot actor in Hollywood right now, but if they want to keep him on the show, why do they have to strand him on the same boring storylines that have dragged down the show for the last two seasons? Why can't they team him up with Lafayette or someone fun and interesting who hasn't had a main storyline in a while? Why the same old trashy werewolves?

by Anonymousreply 17507/07/2013

Too bad Warlow's contract wasn't for Jason. Damn! That was one hot scene.

The werewolves are beyond boring. The show needs to drop that storyline altogether

by Anonymousreply 17607/07/2013

Okay, that dream sequence just now between Jason and that hot male vampire with the shaving and the blood-licking while "Adorn" by Miguel was playing in the background is now my all-time favorite scene ever from this show.

by Anonymousreply 17707/07/2013

You know it's a good episode when Ginger gets her scream on. Is it possible to overdose on Eye Candy? Goddamn, Ryan Kwanten is a sexy beast. Skaarsgard looked good enough to eat in that grave. We got a nice look at Sam's fatty. A brief glimpse of Alcide's killer six-pack. And Ben looks even better with his shirt off. He is one sexy Famper. This episode satisfied in so many ways. Thank you Brian Buckner for delivering what the fans have been craving since season three. Romance, a little comedy and a bit with a dog:)

by Anonymousreply 17807/07/2013

I need to add that Lafayette sure looks pretty in pink.

by Anonymousreply 17907/07/2013

"I need to add that Lafayette sure looks pretty in pink."

Guurrrl, the vampires should be ALL OVER that fairy Blood.

by Anonymousreply 18007/07/2013

So r149 appears to be a spoiler post more than a prediction post.

Or else there is a witch among us

by Anonymousreply 18107/08/2013

I can't believe she ate the whole thing.

She ate it, Ralph.

Sexiest episode ever, if you like that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 18207/08/2013

Att his point, I wish they'd just kill off Lafayette.

They've made him a complete stereotype, and a bad one at that. It's difficult picturing even the most 'groovy' fem gay guy dressed that way constantly and acting the way he does; and for the record I'm from south Louisiana (Lafayette, believe it or not.).

I love the character but they've whittled him down to nothing and even when we DO get to see him, he's "honey chil" this or "gurl friend" that. The actor is apparently straight and is no longer willing to play gay. He's even said he's pushing for Lafayette to get a girlfriend.

I bored to death with Sam Merlott and the werewolf pack. What the fuck is their purpose anyway? It's like cheap filler until we get to see more vampire storyline.

And I suppose the whole "camp" thing, where they're taking captured vampires, is building up to the final two episodes, which somehow makes it already boring for me. We know they aren't going to kill off all the major vamp characters... and all the major vamp characters trapped in a life or death situation......isn't that how last season ended?

by Anonymousreply 18307/08/2013

It's a total flip from last season, yeah. Just this time it's the vamps that are in jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 18407/08/2013

[quote]The actor is apparently straight and is no longer willing to play gay. He's even said he's pushing for Lafayette to get a girlfriend.

It's been reported multiple times here from people who know him that Nelsan Ellis is gay and is in the closet because he is from a rough background and he doesn't want his family to know he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 18507/08/2013

Lafayette was always a favorite of mine but the entire show is a mess. I give up on it. It's going in 20 different directions at once, no character development...it's no fun.

by Anonymousreply 18607/08/2013

That actor is saying he's straight? Why the fuck would they hire a straight actor to play Lafayette? Well fuck them and fuck him, too.

by Anonymousreply 18707/08/2013

He's not straight.

by Anonymousreply 18807/08/2013

For fucks sake, it's a fantasy t.v.show. Is this thread going to descend into the tiresome "he's gay" "he's not gay" "prove he's not gay" nonsense about Nelsan Ellis? If you think Lafayette is a "stereotype" then you live in a very small town or a very sheltered life. Lafayette is so spot on it's scary. The problem is he's taken the character as far as he can. And the writers don't know what to do with the character. Killing off Jesus was a big mistake. Having a loving and stable gay couple on the show only made it better. Their Hardy Boys adventures in the supe world allowed them to stay in the story in a meaningful way. Now, Lafayette is given five or six bitchay lines and sashays away. The writers have made him a punchline, not the way Ellis plays him. And I bet you remember everyone of those lines.

by Anonymousreply 18907/08/2013

I'm barely watching Season 1, don't spoil it for me.

by Anonymousreply 19007/08/2013

Already been mentioned bit is bears repeating that I loved Jason's erotic dream. The best part was when he woke sitting up, lifted the covers and looked underneath (presumably at his erection). Too bad we didn't get a full frontal.

by Anonymousreply 19107/08/2013

"We got a nice look at Sam's fatty."

Really? Did we get to see his shifter penis? I did see his butt when he was shifting, but when did he show his dick?

by Anonymousreply 19207/08/2013

[quote]I bet you remember everyone of those lines.

Boy do you lose that bet!

by Anonymousreply 19307/08/2013

This show still sucks, harder than ever.

by Anonymousreply 19407/08/2013

"I'm getting a little tired of "Dark" Alcide. Joe M, doesn't really have any acting chops to pull this off. Meh."

Joe is a horrible actor, well, on this show he is. I preferred his comedic turns on "How I Met Your Mother" and Brad Garrett's and Jolie Fisher's old sitcom "Til Death". He was perfect for those dumb jock roles.

Perhaps he needs to spend less time at the gym and more time on acting lessons. Because the acting classes he took years ago certainly didn't stick!

by Anonymousreply 19507/08/2013

They kill off too many characters...then they add a bunch of nobodies that no one cares about, then they kill them off. The writers are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 19607/08/2013

Um, in the straight world "fatty" means a nice round ass with plenty of junk in the trunk, r192. No, we did not see any Sam pinga:) There is no male frontal nudity on the show.

by Anonymousreply 19707/08/2013

What's your point, r198?

by Anonymousreply 19907/08/2013

Is R190 a parody post?

by Anonymousreply 20007/08/2013

R198 is right. Fatty means thick dick not fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 20107/08/2013

Can someone explain why the fairy girls age so quickly? Why didn't Suki age in the same way?

by Anonymousreply 20207/08/2013

R197 is right. A "fatty" is a fat ass. A big dick is a big dick. Where do some of you people come from?

by Anonymousreply 20307/08/2013

The only theory I've heard is that Sookie only has a small percentage of faerie in her. Whereas Andy's daughters are half. Of course, I think the writers threw that plot device in so they wouldn't kill off children.

by Anonymousreply 20407/08/2013

Thanks for the answer r204.

by Anonymousreply 20507/08/2013

For gay men, a "fattie" is a thick cock. You're on a gay site, so when you say 'fattie' that is what everyone who isn't straight is going to think.

Now you know.

[quote]There is no male frontal nudity on the show.

And that's false... there have been several (quick) scenes of full frontal male nudity.

by Anonymousreply 20607/08/2013

[quote]For gay men, a "fattie" is a thick cock. You're on a gay site, so when you say 'fattie' that is what everyone who isn't straight is going to think.

That's the first this gay man has ever heard the term being used to reference a dick.

by Anonymousreply 20707/08/2013

The term "fattie" usually refers to a big-ass blunt/joint/spliff.

by Anonymousreply 20807/08/2013

Um, Warlow is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 20907/08/2013

[quote]The term "fattie" usually refers to a big-ass blunt/joint/spliff.

Yes, and what else is "joint" a slang term for? A BIG FAT COCK.

Anyone who thinks it's a butt is an idiot. Or just a clueless straight person.

by Anonymousreply 21007/08/2013

Fattie has nothing to do with a cock.

by Anonymousreply 21107/08/2013

[quote]Yes, and what else is "joint" a slang term for? A BIG FAT COCK.

Maybe in your weird elderqueen ghetto in East Bumfucke it is. I've never heard a cock called that. You must be a million years old.

A joint is a marijuana cigarette; a fattie is a marijuana cigarette. Neither refers to butts or to dicks except in weird out-of-the-way places before the age of the dinosaurs.

by Anonymousreply 21207/08/2013

Since when is the [italic]Ubran[/italic] dictionary the final arbiter of gay slang?

Yes, it has everything to do with cock, you fucking moron. What are you, some straight guy trying to tell gay people what words they use? Seriously?

Look at the number of completely different people who knew or thought it was a reference to cock! Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 21307/08/2013

R212, well, I am older than a clueless fucking teenager I guess.

And yes, a joint means cock. Here's proof... it's not even a gay thing. Check the last definition:

by Anonymousreply 21407/08/2013

R211, did you even read the link you posted before you said "fattie has nothing to do with a cock"?

See number 13 and number 14 on page 2 of your link:

13.t fattie a bitchin' big cock.

14.t fattie a big, fat, juicy, uncut cock that is thick enough so that you can't get your hand all the way around it.

by Anonymousreply 21507/08/2013

I've been gay my entire life and have never once heard a cock referred to this as a fattie or a joint. A fattie is a blunt. Or for some of you a marijuana cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 21607/08/2013

[quote]I've been gay my entire life

OMG! Congratulations! Like that isn't completely true for everyone here!!

[quote]A fattie is a blunt. Or for some of you a marijuana cigarette.

Well, yes. It means that too. It's the more common definition.

But you are aware that words can have more than one meaning/definition, right?

There are a couple of links proving you're just ignorant. Well guess what... ignorance is curable! You learned something to day!

Now deal with it and chill the fuck out.

FWIW, other slang terms for cock include 'hog' ... now don't get all in a tizzy insisting that 'hog' really means a pig or someone who is greedy and tries to take everything for themselves. It ALSO means 'big fat cock'. Honest.

by Anonymousreply 21707/09/2013

Jesus Fucking Christ, no one gives a shit whether fattie means your cock, your ass or your left earlobe.

This last episode had Ryan Kwanten doing pull-ups, and you're bickering over slang.

by Anonymousreply 21807/09/2013

Please remind me of the episodes where male frontal nudity was evident, r206. I don't remember ever seeing even a quiver of cock on this show. I'd like to see what I've been missing:)

by Anonymousreply 21907/09/2013

Well everyone has heard of hog meaning cock. No one has heard a cock referred to as fattie. And it's like #14 on the definition list, which means that only 1 percent of people have heard it.

by Anonymousreply 22007/09/2013

Thank you, r218. Someone finally has his priorities straight! Whoops.

by Anonymousreply 22107/09/2013

As a fortysomething I have NEVER heard the word "joint" used in any context besides weed or a place, e.g. "let's blow this joint" (meaning "let's go," not "let us both engage in fellatio with this joint"). "Fattie" is most commonly used to describe a fat-ass joint (of weed), but I've heard it used to describe short-but-superthick cocks.

by Anonymousreply 22207/09/2013

Does anyone else think Anna is too skinny this season? I am not loving humorless, hard faced Sookie. I like that she's using her wits to turn Warlow's game back on him, but I wish there was a bit more of the old Sookie, too. Anna is looking a lot older than 31. It disturbs me.

by Anonymousreply 22307/09/2013

"Anna is looking a lot older than 31. It disturbs me."

Spoken like it's Straight Outta Compton.

by Anonymousreply 22407/09/2013

The only thing worse than this show is this thread.

That said, thank Godrick that Alexander Woo wrote this one - though only 15% of the scenes really worked at all if we're being honest, the Eric grave scene being the best of the bunch.

Warlow sucks as a concept and Rutger Hauer is a blight, too. They couldn't find anyone better than Robert Kazinsky? This season is so bad.

I can't help but feeling it's beyond repair now.

by Anonymousreply 22507/09/2013

So no Pam Tara loves scenes.

This is bullshit.

Everyone has gotten ass they're just skating over Pam Tara.

by Anonymousreply 22607/09/2013

Are you kidding? Casting Rob Kazinsky as Warlow and Rutger Hauer as Niall is one of the best creative decisions they've made in a long time. Kazinsky is a wonderful actor. His physical appearance changes so drastically when we see him as Warlow, as opposed to Ben, yet he does it without make-up or prosthetics. His body language, voice, even his eyes change from passive and goofy to menacing and mesmerizing. And the British accent makes me swoon. It's refreshing that they didn't cast another pretty boy with cut abs to play the part. There's nothing Fey about this Faeirie. He's all man. And I like it. Hauer makes the character of Niall compelling to watch because he's playing it straight. I love every minute he's on screen. Season five didn't have much going for it but they have certainly redeemed themselves with Season 6 so far. It's entertaining, fun, sexy and I can't wait till Sunday to see what happens next. Too bad you waste your time on something that is so obviously beneath you.

by Anonymousreply 22707/09/2013

I like Rutger Hauer, but don't ya kinda get the sense that he was so drunk on set that they had to shoot his scenes a couple of words at a time and cobble it all together in the editing room?

by Anonymousreply 22807/09/2013

The shaving scene between Jason and Ben/Warlow (Ryan K and Rob K)is the hottest scene so far in the series, so few words, but all dirty, yet sensual and very sexy with Jason waking up with his d!ck showing he liked his dream. You can find on YT.

by Anonymousreply 22907/09/2013

I thought a fatty was a big fat gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 23007/09/2013

What ever you think the term means, ass, cock, head, they need to show lots and lots of it. Especially ANY body part belonging to Rob Kazinsky. Damn, I can't stop thinking about that sexy Famp.

by Anonymousreply 23107/09/2013

Kazinsky has a bit of a kinky past. Back in 2007, he was dating an actress on one of those Brit soaps. One of the London gossip rags called her "The Slapper" because unbeknownst to Kazinsky, she was also seeing another guy on the side, and actually kept dates with each of them on the same night. Not a threesome, mind you. After that, he had a scandal of his own when he was suspended from Eastenders for sending obscene photos and texts to "a model" and when his contract was up they decided to let him go. He had a hard time finding acting jobs in Britain and moved to the U.S. There's something about him as an actor that I can't put my finger on, but he does have a raw, very alpha male quality to him. Different than Manganiello though. More like a young Paul Newman. I like the idea that he let can get down and dirty. Makes him much more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 23207/09/2013

Unclench, R206/R210/R213/R214/R217. Nobody uses nor have they ever heard FATTIE used to describe a dick. Where the fuck do you come from?

[quote]Anyone who thinks it's a butt is an idiot. Or just a clueless straight person.

No, my dear. YOU are the idiot. A "fattie" is a fat ass. The end.

by Anonymousreply 23307/09/2013

[quote]There's nothing Fey about this Faeirie. He's all man.

Mary!

No one will ever say that about [italic]you![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 23407/09/2013

So is Warlow really part fairy? Or are his fairy powers just from eating so many of them?

by Anonymousreply 23507/09/2013

What R227 said. If the Jason/Ben scene are the hottest scene ever then it's a testament to RK's talent (as well as Kwanten's). He has a very mesmerizing presence. There's something very sweet and charming about him but at the same time dark and dangerous. I can't wait to see more of him!

I really like Season 6. Rutger Hauer and Rob Kazinsky are really great additions to the show as well as the better writing. Finally! It seems the writing has improved since Alan Ball skipped town.

I never thought I'd feel this way about TB again after all the crap from the past 3 seasons. It's reminds me a lot of season 1 which was their best season. I hope it continues this way.

by Anonymousreply 23607/10/2013

You don't know how right you are, 234.

by Anonymousreply 23707/10/2013

[quote]Anna is looking a lot older than 31. It disturbs me

Childbirth does that to women.

Surrogates ladies!!! Get one!

by Anonymousreply 23807/10/2013

I guess I'm more concerned about her health, r238. She needs a nice rest and a sandwich. Or two. One of the things I admire about her is she was never one of those young actresses who obsessed over body issues. She always looked fit and healthy. And she's still damn cute. Guess it really isn't any of my business.

by Anonymousreply 23907/10/2013

She has newborn twins. She'll bounce back with time.

by Anonymousreply 24007/10/2013

Does anyone else think that the threat to Sookie on the bridge that night wasn't coming from Warlow but her own parents? What if her mother was so convinced that Sookie's supernatural abilities came from a place of evil that she tried to drown her by pushing her off the bridge? Warlow must have been watching over Sookie since the day she was born, and being rather old fashioned, was going to wait until she was of a proper age to marry, after a proper courtship, of course. Bill never brought her flowers! When Claudine blasted him into the supe version of purgatory, was it to protect Sookie or to get Warlow out of the way so he didn't interfere with Queen Mabh's plan for her? There seems to be more than one Royal bloodline of Fae and Mabh seems sinister. And she did kidnap Sookie's grandfather. What does she need them for? The Fae may be creatures of light but I don't think that means what we think it means. Take Grandpa Niall. Jason is also his kin. But because the Fae gene passed him over, Niall is willing to sacrifice Jason in the fight with Warlow. That's rather cold. Warlow shows more regard for Jason's well being. That may be because of his love for Sookie but I think he genuinely likes Jason and realizes that he is a force for good. When Warlow saw Sookie in danger, the uncontrollable Supervamp part of him took over, and he killed her parents in a frenzy. Not for nourishment or bloodlust, but out of love. I'm begining to really like Warlow.

by Anonymousreply 24107/10/2013

You just think he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 24207/10/2013

Well, fuck me if r242 isn't part Fae. You read my mind, you naughty Faery. And I had to use all of my self control not add that it doesn't hurt that he looks like Rob Kazinsky:)

by Anonymousreply 24307/10/2013

One poster is responsible for 50 of the posts in this 244-post thread.

Just an observation.

by Anonymousreply 24407/11/2013

This show is long past saving.

by Anonymousreply 24507/11/2013

R241, that's an interesting analysis and I agree that Warlow doesn't seem to be completely awful. He didn't have to save Jason but he did. Twice. Also, he could have killed Niall, but only banished him.

But, Sookie wasn't in the car when her parents were killed and if they had some nefarious plan for her it would seem that she would have known. On the other hand, they sure were awful in Jason's hallucinations. Maybe he isn't the only one who idealizes them in memories.

by Anonymousreply 24607/11/2013

Has anyone else noticed that the humans on this show are all a bunch of pathetic Uncle Toms. Their love of Vampires is inexplicable to me. Bill, Eric, Pam, Jess, they're all rotten scum. I wouldn't want to be within ten miles of any of them. They take what they want, they kill who they want, they rape who they want and we're supposed to cheer about it.(that last point has never been made on the show by a main character for some reason)

Remember to scene last week were the Governor and Eric were talking about the two baby vamps who raided a Chuck E Cheese. That scene was totally shot from Eric's point of view. So let me get this straight. Vampires murder two children, turn them into monsters who then murder their parents and a bunch of other children and Eric says something like. Oh they're just trying to survive. OoooooKaaaaay.

I can't watch show were none of the characters are sympathetic. I stopped watching the Soprano's because of that. I liked the first two seasons of this show so I keep watching and I hate giving up on shows I like but I'm happy to say that this will be my last season of True Blood. I was holding out hope that the show and the writing would get better from my point of view but no such luck.

by Anonymousreply 24707/11/2013

Most of this thread is R243 talking to herself.

Hit trolldar and watch half the thread turn gold.

by Anonymousreply 24907/11/2013

I'm the poster at r243 and I am not talking to myself or pretending to be another poster responding to something I wrote. To imply that I have done that is dishonest. And quite frankly, stalking me via trolldar is creepy. What exactly have I written that upsets you, R249? I'm simply commenting on the plot lines for the new season, my admiration for the acting skills, and yes, hotness of the new cast members, and my random thoughts on what might happen next. I do have an idea of just what is bugging you and your fellow hall monitor at r244, but I doubt you would be honest enough to own up to it, so I won't go there. Rest assured that you have nothing to fear from me or my love for True Blood;)

by Anonymousreply 25007/11/2013

I think if Warlow has the ability to glamour other Faes, r246, he might have glamoured Sookie that night on the bridge so would not remember that he killed her parents and the real reason why.

by Anonymousreply 25107/11/2013

R251, Sookie wasn't even there on the bridge. Her parents were driving alone.

by Anonymousreply 25207/11/2013

We have yet to see what really went down on the bridge that night, r252. What if Sookie AND Jason were in the car that night? Warlow has the powers of the Fae and Vampires. SO, why not the ability to glamour other Faes? I'm not convinced that Warlow went to Faetasia, who ever came up with that is brilliant, to kill his kindreds. I think they attacked first. The dark haired female who probably caused his injuries was the only Fae he drained. The rest were light zapped. Perhaps he left Claude alive for the same reason he spared Niall. So the line could continue. Time will tell, but it's fun to speculate.

by Anonymousreply 25307/11/2013

Warlow went to the club because the blood that Sookie found near the couch was similar to the blood Niall found in the club. Maybe there's a reason behind that like self-defense as I'm hoping that Ben/Warlow is a sympathetic character. He is likable and extremely hot, more so than Bill.

ITA with R247. I am cheering the new storyline of the vampires being the hunted because I cannot sympathize with characters that take human life so carelessly. They're predators and killers, not a misunderstood minority group.

I also wonder if they brought in a new love interest for Sookie because Eric will be killed off? Skarsgard hasn't renewed his contract this year.

by Anonymousreply 25407/11/2013

[quote]We have yet to see what really went down on the bridge that night, [R252]. What if Sookie AND Jason were in the car that night? Warlow has the powers of the Fae and Vampires.

But they weren't. Jason and Sookie both know where they were when their parents were killed, and we have seen that there was no one in the backseat of the car, just an old Band-Aid.

by Anonymousreply 25507/11/2013

The writers of this show have no idea what to do with the Fae. Most of the time they're shown as addled brained wimps, but then they have Claudine blasting Warlow, who is ostensibly the most powerful of them all, into another dimension. They should be more like the Fae in the books who were actually pretty scary.

by Anonymousreply 25607/11/2013

The point I'm trying to make, and failing miserably, is that I think both Sookie and Jason were glamoured by Warlow that night on the bridge. The only reason I think that might be possible is that Warlow is the progeny of Lillith, and like Bill, he has powers that even the oldest and most powerful Vamps, like Eric, don't have. I think one of those powers is the ability to glamour another Fae, or at least a half-ling, like Sookie. My uncle Bob could glamour Jason. I think the hallucinations that Jason has been having about his parents are slivers of memory that are slowly coming back to him. And based on his hallucinations, they weren't necessarily nice people. Most likely, Bible thumping Fundies who had racist tendencies and saw Sookie's special ability as evil. Didn't Sookie tell Jason that their mother was "afraid" of her? I'm definetly on team B.Low and I don't think he's the one dimensional monster we have been led to believe, or that he's necessarily this season's Big Bad. I think Ben and Sookie are a real romance. True love on True Blood. At last. Of course, I also think they are doomed. And if the writers would just give Lafayette some screen time, I could concentrate more on my love jones for the La. and less on Kazinsky's sexy chest. And smile. And dimples.

by Anonymousreply 25707/11/2013

That jason warlow scene gave me a chubby

by Anonymousreply 25807/12/2013

Rob Kazinsky is super sexy. He's also in Pacific Rim and plays a badass but I can see his star to start rising if TB keeps getting good reviews.

Hr reminds me of a British Jeremy Renner but far more handsome.

by Anonymousreply 25907/13/2013

Season 6 is so STUPID! I really HATE it! AAAAAHHHHH!

by Anonymousreply 26007/14/2013

Egads! Bill is insufferable! Please kill him off!!!

by Anonymousreply 26107/14/2013

Warlow is in Pacific Rim!

by Anonymousreply 26207/14/2013

"God wants me to fuck you, Jason Stackhouse" could turn a hard-core atheist into a holy roller.

by Anonymousreply 26307/14/2013

This episode was not as well-written or well-directed as the previous episodes. It sucked big time. The scene of Warlow and his tribe was kinda laughable.

by Anonymousreply 26407/14/2013

I'm sorry but did anyone else see Jason naked on his stomach with his legs spread? And as he's startled awake, he flexed those butt cheeks (that have 0% fat on them) as he was getting off the bed. That man's body is INCREDIBLE!!

by Anonymousreply 26507/14/2013

The Warlow scenes were dumb (they seemed very CW Network), but I loved the scenes of Pam in therapy.

by Anonymousreply 26607/14/2013

I liked it. There's a lot good about this season, but every episode comes to a grinding halt the moment the werewolves, Sam or Terry come on (and I used to love Terry and Sam). Can they please just cut them out? The werewolves especially. I really don't need closure for them. Just please show the vampires, the Stackhouses, Lafayette, Warlow and the Sherrif. No one else, please!

by Anonymousreply 26707/14/2013

I agree, r265. Jason has the body I find most attractive on the show. You can see every muscle but he still looks natural. Not the roided up look of Alcide. I doubt Joe takes steroids but his body looks overdone and almost too perfect. You would think the biggest and baddest Vamp in town would look more pumped but I actually like that Kazinsky's body looks fit and toned but pretty unspectacular. The chest hair and round pecs drive me wild though:) Pam in therapy was brilliant. Jessica getting all handsy with Sarah gave me a tingle in my naughty bits. I hope the first human Willa kills is that fucking rapey guard. And of course, I am thrilled that Warlow killed Sookie's parents to save her. I was as excited as she was when he told her he loved her. I loved seeing the girlish, giddy Sookie from season 1. This season is crushing it.

by Anonymousreply 26807/14/2013

I wonder who killed the fairies in the park then. It's implied that it was Warlow, but what's the full story there if he's not such a monster?

by Anonymousreply 26907/14/2013

You're right, the Werewolf and Sam storylines stop the momentum of the show. I think it's time to say goodbye to the werewolves and fold Sam back into the vampire storyline.

Someone on Datalounge killed Jason for me. I used to think he was the hottest thing and then someone posted that he looked like a Young George W. Bush. I haven't found him attractive since.

by Anonymousreply 27007/15/2013

"Someone on Datalounge killed Jason for me. I used to think he was the hottest thing and then someone posted that he looked like a Young George W. Bush. I haven't found him attractive since."

Hey, everybody, Laura Bush is posting in Datalounge tonight.

by Anonymousreply 27107/15/2013

Two hefty man asses tonight! Score!

The vamp war is the best storyline ever.

Agree about the wolfpack. Joe and his storyline are a big yawn.

The Warlow BC scenes looked like they just used the old Land 0f The Lost kid's series sets. Maybe this is why somebody got fired.

Things I don't get though:

If Warlow hates being a vampire so much, why does he have such a hard on to make Sookie his eternal Princess?

by Anonymousreply 27207/15/2013

Yeah, the Famper stuff is confounding. If Warlow is driven to bloodlust by the smell of Fae blood, which is why he wiped out his village and possibly the Faes at Faetasia, why can he control himself around Sookie and Niall? Does he need blood to survive? What happened to the other Fampers Lilith made? Is it really Warlow's intention to turn Sookie? What if she refuses? Is Lillith the only one who can turn a Fae, and if not, did Warlow make other Fampers? Niall seems to be harboring a secret. Is it possible he was turned also and that is why Warlow spit out his blood? It isn't pure Fae. Or is Niall an imposter? So many questions, so few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 27307/15/2013

The thing is, r270, he also reminds me of G.W. I was thinking that if G.W. didn't come from such a privleged and political family, he would wind up in a small town, somewhere in the South, and would have joined the police force or some other law enforcement agency "to do good". I don't know if he would be a total horndog like Jason, but I could see him hanging out at the local watering hole with his buddies, drinking beer, ogling the local ass, reliving his QB1 glory days, and participating in a circle jerk once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 27407/15/2013

Deborah Ann Woll is a really good actress. The season has been kind of bad but she has started standing out as someone who can really act despite the material.

by Anonymousreply 27507/15/2013

I'm getting confused (after I had everyone and everything sorted). Who is Niall? In the BC scenes, when Warlow returned to his tribe, there was a small child named Niall (in the subtitles, the woman says something like "Wait here for me Niall").

by Anonymousreply 27607/15/2013

Niall is the Fae child that Warlow spared after wiping out his Village, including his own parents. Remember, he told Niall that he couldn't bear to kill a child and so he spared him so that their Fae bloodline could continue. Niall is also Sookie's Faerie Grandfather. He's the old man with the Steampunk clothes and the crazy tease in his hair. Well, at least in last weeks episode.

by Anonymousreply 27707/15/2013

I have the most incredible urge to lick every inch of Ryan Kwanten's body.

by Anonymousreply 27807/15/2013

I have the most incredible urge to lick Warlow's body. His body looks more fit and natural to me. His dimples make him more delicious. I like that he's not as cut and sinewy as Alcide and Jason---they look like gym rats; they also have to diet hard to get a body like that and that's unnatural.

by Anonymousreply 27907/15/2013

I guess I am one of the few who actually liked the flashback to the Fae Village. It was interesting to see how they lived and the language (Aramaic?) they spoke is quite beautiful. The other worldly beauty of the scenery at the river bank was in stark contrast to the unnerving physical assault (and rape! ) of the lovely Warlow. More importantly, Warlow really rocked that sarong thingie but he looked even better nekked. B.Low is the total package.

by Anonymousreply 28007/15/2013

Here's another one, r281. In this episode, Lillith's fangs are bigger than her BUSH. Oh, and she goes all Sharknado on Warlow's junk. Best episode EVAH!

by Anonymousreply 28207/15/2013

Jesus Christ, r282. Step away from the thread before you hurt yourself.

This season sucks. And I'm not a fair-weather fan. I loved the witch season, for Christ's sake. Last season was middling but still had some good stuff. But this season is a train-wreck. Rutger Hauer was awful and ludicrous and I hope he's gone for good. The fairy bloodline business is impossible to follow and pointless anyway. Stephen Moyer is not nearly a skilled enough actor to pull off the "Bill as all-powerful vampire deity" storyline. They could lose the werewolves, Sam, Terry and Arlene and Deputy Andy in one fell swoop at this point and I wouldn't blink an eye. And the evil governor thread is just terrible.

They have lost all sense of character development and motive. I love how Newlin's ex-wife just somehow takes a random break from her evil machinations at the governor's mansion, to jet to Bon Temps for a quick roll in the hay with Jason. What? And now Sookie's ghost father is a psychotic daughter killer. WHAT? This show is beyond help and I may not even last the season.

by Anonymousreply 28307/15/2013

You should try taking your own advice, r283. No need to get stabby.

by Anonymousreply 28407/15/2013

Warlo was naked? I guess that is something to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 28507/15/2013

True Blood has been renewed for another season. Fuckyeah!

by Anonymousreply 28607/15/2013

"Niall" is not an Aramaic name. It's an irish name.

by Anonymousreply 28707/15/2013

I know Niall is an Irish name, r287, but the village looks to be located in a dry, desert like setting. Not the British Isles or Erin. The Irish mythology of the Fair Folk or Fae could mean that they migrated to other lands but originated in a place like Sumer.. Nile is not an Irish word but it is pronounced exactly like Niall. I thought it might be Aramaic since the show does not have GoT money to create a unique language for one episode. Creative license and all that. Abba is Hebrew for Father, if I remember correctly. It was just an observation. NBD.

by Anonymousreply 28807/15/2013

[quote]And now Sookie's ghost father is a psychotic daughter killer. WHAT?

Hmmm....wasn't he depicted as being another one of the fae during that season where he was played by Gary Cole?

by Anonymousreply 28907/16/2013

No, r289. It was Sookie's grandfather who carried the Fae gene. Like Jason, the gene skipped over her father but I think Sookie's aunt is a halfling as his her nephew. Sookie's father had no special abilities. Granddaddy Stackhouse was the one who was taken by Mabh's tribe to that other dimension. He was given the Lumierre fruit to make him forget time, and apparently, it also kept the Fae-Human hybrids high, so they never wanted to leave. He was Adele's husband, and like her, a good soul.

by Anonymousreply 29007/16/2013

This show is a complete mess now. Everybody has a special power and it's just too much. Too many storylines to be interesting. I could live without the wolfpack/Sam plot and the sheriffs daughters story line. Tara just growls and shows her fangs and Lafayette is just a bit player now. No idea where Jason's story is supposed to go. I remember the first 2-3 seasons I couldn't wait to see the next ep, now, it's just a time killer.

by Anonymousreply 29107/16/2013

So Jess killed Andy's children. How do they go on with her character after that?

So next season she and Andy are going to just live in the same town together like nothing happened?

I bet this dumb ass writers of this show would do something like that.

by Anonymousreply 29207/16/2013

R286 Another season to see hot guys full of xtension to one another. Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 29307/16/2013

That was the most insanely uneven hour of television I think I've ever seen. The bad (that Aramaic flashback) was beyond awful. And the good (Pam and the therapist) was amazing.

And dear God, are they really going to do more with Terry and his guilt? Who the fuck wants to see MORE of that? And Lafayette possessed by yet another spirit and reeking havoc on his friends? Christ. This shit is just embarrassingly awful. That poor actor.

But I'm loving Andy and Jessica this season. They're really doing amazing work.

by Anonymousreply 29407/16/2013

Ab is Hebrew; Abba is Aramaic.

by Anonymousreply 29507/16/2013

Didn't we just have Vampires imprisoned underground last season? All you ever see is really really fast vampires but none of them can escape? My friend said, but they have guns pointed at them, yeah well Vampires can move so fast they would be gone before the shooter even knew it, dumb.

[quote]So Jess killed Andy's children. How do they go on with her character after that?

She's very remorseful, so it redeems the character, she couldn't help it. Plus, I'm sure Bill or Jessica will glamour him to forget it all.

by Anonymousreply 29607/16/2013

r241 You called it girl!

Loved this season. I'm really hoping we get to see the old Sookie putting her face on, getting dolled up, having candle-lit dinners, just some old fashionned romance with a sexy Warlow twist.

I'm intrigued by Willa and how having a new prodginy will affect Eric. Can't wait to see more of those too and everyone att the vamp detention center.

I agree with everyone else about the ZZZzzzznozefest that is Sam, Terry and the werewolfs.

Sarah's "My body is a fucking temple and you have defiled it!" Made me laugh out loud. Really enjoying this season.

by Anonymousreply 29707/16/2013

The Pam therapist scenes were so brilliant. I bet they're going to kill her off now, the fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 29807/16/2013

I think the guy Terry hired to kill himself will inevitably miss and kill Arlene instead.

Also not sure if Jess is redeemable now. Andy will be gunning for her.

by Anonymousreply 29907/16/2013

I'm sorry r296

So Andy is going to say? "It's OK that you murdered 3 of my daughters Jess cause you're remorseful."

Take remorseful and shove it up your ass Jess. Along with some wooden bullets for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 30007/16/2013

Anna Paquin's weight loss really showed in her underwear scene. In profile you can see that she's completely lost her ass. I, for one, am pissed. (I'm female btw.)

by Anonymousreply 30107/16/2013

r301 Also young female here. It seems to be a trend where I live (I work part time at a kindergarden ages 1-3) for all the mothers to not only lose the baby weight but to get down to an even lower weight than before their pregnancy. Also, when I was younger I remember that one of the perks of pregnancy was that your boobs got bigger but it seems to me that all the new moms are I see are extremly flat chested almost concave chest, collarbones and indents in the middle of where a would be cleveage would have been.

by Anonymousreply 30207/16/2013

[bold]True Blood: Now With Better Plots AND Weird Humping[/bold]

The name of this True Blood episode is "Fuck The Pain Away." HBO is preaching directly to the choir, and we are eating it up. Preach on you Kings and Queens of Bon Temps. That's right True Blood is back to being awesome again. It's time to remember why you started watching this series, Pro/Con style:

Spoilers at the link...

by Anonymousreply 30307/16/2013

High on the list of True Blood spinoffs I would watch is "Pam and Lafayette Bitch About Everyone." Just sit around and point out how stupid all the rest of the characters are. It'd be brilliant.t

by Anonymousreply 30407/16/2013

Thanks for the clarification, r295.

by Anonymousreply 30507/16/2013

Thanks for the link to that great re-cap, r303. Not familiar with that web site but it looks like a fun place to hang. This season has been balls to the wall great so far. I have a real sense of foreboding for this weeks episode, but since the writers have not done right by the character or the actor playing him for a very long time, it seems only fitting that they will give him the "ultimate kindness" and put him to rest. The death is also going to flip the Sookie/Warlow budding epic romance and we, along with Sookie, are going to see the really dark side of Warlow. It will be great for bringing the drama, but I don't want to see him suffer more rejection, ostracization and hate. Especially after getting a glimpse of the person he was before Lillith corrupted him. Does anyone else think that Warlow is playing Billith, and is only pretending to be commanded by him, to gain some intel into what and who Bill really is? He knows Bill can't be the original Lilith. He killed her.There does seem to be many Lillith like creatures though. Her other progeny perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 30607/16/2013

I should have prefaced my remarks with I THINK. It is pure speculation on my part. No spoilers posted.

by Anonymousreply 30707/16/2013

[quote]So Andy is going to say? "It's OK that you murdered 3 of my daughters Jess cause you're remorseful."

Was this your first episode? GLAMOUR! GLAMOUR!GLAMOUR! GLAMOUR!

by Anonymousreply 30807/16/2013

Why do the writers think that anyone gives a shit about Terry? Or the werewolves for that matter. Alcide is an asshole and the show grinds to a halt anytime he's on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 30907/17/2013

When Eric was put into the lab with the other vampyrs, and put himself onto the red X, and then he and the others grabbed at the blue balls that dropped...it reminded me of the legends about vampyrs having OCD.

Remember the trick of throwing a jar of poppy seeds onto the floor to escape a vamp?

I think Fox Mulder did this with sunflower seeds in an episode off X-Files....

by Anonymousreply 31007/18/2013

r308

OF course I know what glamoring is. But you can't glamore the audience.

Jess is a mass murderer now and she killed the children of a main character. The question is are the writers going to act like that didn't happen. I bet they will.

The good thing is that this is my last season watching this shit. They've gotten worse and worse every season.

by Anonymousreply 31107/18/2013

[quote]Jess is a mass murderer now and she killed the children of a main character.

Well, sort of: the "children" were three-day-old magical faerie beings whose spirits continue to live.

by Anonymousreply 31207/18/2013

When Warlow killed his faerie tribe, they turned to dust. When the party tent faeries were killed, they turned to dust. Andy's girls didn't turn to dust; ergo, Jessica might not have killed them.

by Anonymousreply 31307/18/2013

I want to eat jasons hole

by Anonymousreply 31407/20/2013

r313 Andy's children were only half fae. I reckon Warlows tribe were full fae and so were most of the ones in the tent.

by Anonymousreply 31507/20/2013

SPOILERS: Sookie looks REALLY sad at this funeral. Plus, I think this means it's not a vampire. It's gotta be Sam, Lafayette or Jason. I just don't see Sookie being that depressed over anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 31607/21/2013

And they wouldn't have a funeral for a vampire.

by Anonymousreply 31707/21/2013

I hope it isn't Jason. His body is the main reason for watching.

by Anonymousreply 31807/21/2013

Wow...

by Anonymousreply 31907/21/2013

What a letdown. Bill's kill made up for it though.

by Anonymousreply 32007/21/2013

Uccch, Sookies titties again. At this point the writers HAVE to know, no one watching this show wants to see those things.

The vamp war is still the best storyline. It's about time Supervamp Bill did something.

Terry gone? How shocking! Not. Buh Bye

by Anonymousreply 32107/21/2013

That naked woman with the KFC between her legs was the nastiest thing I've seen in a while. As if KFC couldn't get any grosser.

by Anonymousreply 32207/21/2013

LaLa lives. Hallelujahs. Hallelujahs. R.I.P. Terry Bellefleur.

by Anonymousreply 32307/21/2013

Warlow didn't look thrilled to meet Slutty Sookie. And they are tampering with the True Blood. r149 is a good guesser.

by Anonymousreply 32407/21/2013

[quote]That naked woman with the KFC between her legs was the nastiest thing I've seen in a while. As if KFC couldn't get any grosser.

Whatever you do, don't watch KILLER JOE, then.

And that naked woman was Patti from Y&R, I think.

by Anonymousreply 32507/21/2013

Is Sookie a vamp? She bit Warlow....and had blood all over her sassy self

by Anonymousreply 32607/21/2013

Sookie is not a vamp. I suppose she drank his blood to feel closer to him just like she had Bill's blood (although she took it because she was injured).

by Anonymousreply 32707/22/2013

I don't understand the last scene, what is sookie trying to accomplish by drinking his blood? She's not gonna gain super fae powers, is she? why was he tied there anyways?

yes, this season is not as great as I thought it was gonna be.

by Anonymousreply 32807/22/2013

I think Sookie is trying to conceive a child.

by Anonymousreply 33007/22/2013

[quote]I don't understand the last scene, what is sookie trying to accomplish by drinking his blood? She's not gonna gain super fae powers, is she? why was he tied there anyways

He told Sookie tie him up because he didn't want to hurt her as it became night and he hadn't fed. When she took his blood, the puncture holes healed.

by Anonymousreply 33107/22/2013

Why do they insist on showing so much snatch?!? Jesus Christ, straight guys don't watch this shit.

by Anonymousreply 33207/22/2013

R318 I truly hope it isn't. Jason in fun character and Jason's body is a joy for eye.

by Anonymousreply 33307/22/2013

How come Joe Manganiello is hardly ever mentioned when discussing this series? I thought he was the star of this show.

by Anonymousreply 33407/22/2013

R334 Star of TB. Hardly? He is the alpha male, big guy, big abs, wonderful add to TN and to see, but he's in supporting role. I like to see him shirtless and naked. He's hottie. Oooh babe.

by Anonymousreply 33507/22/2013

Enough with the werewolves. Enough with Sookie. The only characters who are interesting any more are Lafayette, Eric and Pam.

by Anonymousreply 33607/22/2013

Pam can fly?

Or is only with Eric? and they can read minds?

Sam is gone...and Terry is dead.

And Sookie is deciding if she wants to be a

half-vampire half-fairy.

And meanwhile Bill...he has all these powers,

why doesn't he just go save Jessica?

by Anonymousreply 33707/22/2013

What happened with Grandpa Fairy? Just completely disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 33807/22/2013

Gramps is in the void that Warlow was trapped before.

by Anonymousreply 33907/22/2013

They didn't know what to do with Grandpa so they just magically whisked into 'there'. It's called 'bad writing'.

by Anonymousreply 34007/22/2013

So is Merlotte's done with Sam's departure? How can a business run with no owner?

by Anonymousreply 34107/22/2013

Next week is set in Los Angeles. Someone goes water skiing.

by Anonymousreply 34207/22/2013

OMG, does anybody know who that cute vamp twink with the long hair who was going to fuck Jess in the white room is? He had a body to die for - literally.

I really wanted to see him strip down and fuck her, but alas he was too much of a gentleman and decided to get burned by the Tammy Faye wanna-be instead of compromise Jess. What a gentleman.

Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 34307/22/2013

I'd love to know, R343. I recognized him as someone I've seen before ... but I have no idea where.

by Anonymousreply 34407/22/2013

That last scene where Sookie is grinding into Warlow was sexxxy. Man! She really does get all the hot cock on that show. Of course, I'd rather see Warlow banging Jason Snackhole. Anna is hot though--she might have the power to convert me for a fuck session or two.

Is Hepatitis V supposed to be contagious (like HIV)? I know the humans are bottling it to infect the vampires, but can it be passed by sharing blood (or other fluids)?

And I would've shoved that dumb bitch Jessica outta the way for that HOT vampire to copulate the fuck out of me!

by Anonymousreply 34507/22/2013

Luke Grimes is the new hunk vamp on True Blood and may be around for awhile. He was on the tv show Brothers & Sisters.

by Anonymousreply 34607/22/2013

[quote]I think Sookie is trying to conceive a child.

I got the same impression for some reason. I'm thinking the impulse may have come as a result of taking Warlow's blood. Wasn't it right after tasting him that Lilith jumped on and pounded away at him?

by Anonymousreply 34707/22/2013

Love R342

Bill still cares about Sookie.

I feel bad for the Japanese blood scientist guy.

by Anonymousreply 34807/22/2013

How can a vamp conceive a child ~ their DEAD!

by Anonymousreply 34907/22/2013

[quote]their DEAD

Oh dear....

by Anonymousreply 35007/22/2013

I'm diggin the new show runner. Things have really improved this season and it's actually moving at a good pace. Plus, he said all the right things at SDCC.

by Anonymousreply 35107/22/2013

r349 you just debunked the whole Twilight series...

by Anonymousreply 35207/23/2013

Is there a character on this show who doesn't say "fuck" in every sentence?

by Anonymousreply 35307/23/2013

Hoyt and Terry were the two only genuinely lovable characters (Lala and Arlene are also nice but bitchy). I understand the need to let em go but sigh..

Episode 4 was the BEST episode in years! It recaptured all of the sort of Southern mystery and humor that made the show interesting.

Someone said earlier that the show has become too serious- well actually (shitty plots aside) the writing has become too soap opera-ish. What drives the dialogue in this kind of a show should be the ACTION (unless like in Game of Thrones you not only have a superlative cast but pretty well-written dialogue and storyline.) Too often the writing has detoured from being character-specific. They were sounding like totally different characters. Even though people change the "core" essence of the character needs to stay the same. It's been all over the place with Bill, Sookie, Eric, and Alcide. The last scene in episode 4 was a TOTAL throwback to the first season and very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 35407/23/2013

What a shitty season. I wish the writers had the balls to kill off some of their precious vampire characters.

We don't need Jess, and we don't need Tara.

by Anonymousreply 35507/23/2013

I think they're going to kill off Jessica. I get why, but it pisses me off. She may be the best actor on the show.

by Anonymousreply 35607/23/2013

Yes, Deborah Ann Woll is the best actress (though, let's face it, that's not saying much) but I'm beyond sick of Jessica. Her "doomed romance" with Jason was the final nail in the coffin.

The show should cut down a lot more characters while theyre at it. Or if they insist on keeping people like Alcide, Sam, amd Lafayette around, at least give them something interesting.

by Anonymousreply 35707/23/2013

The actress who plays Jessica is too good for ths show. They just don't know what to do with her character. She's all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 35807/23/2013

Does anyone know if Warlow will stay around or did Kazinsky sign up for 1 season only? Hs a better actor than Bill or Alcide.

That man is seriously hot.

by Anonymousreply 35907/23/2013

Deborah Ann Woll is far and away the best actress on the show. I wish she had been cast as Jean Grey in the new X-men movie

by Anonymousreply 36007/23/2013

Dump Alcide. That dude is terrible. Yes, I know we made his career happen because we thought he was sexy for 90 seconds, but we made a mistake and he can go now.

by Anonymousreply 36107/23/2013

I think they're conflicted about Alcide. He has no storyline worth watching. There's no reason to keep him on the show other than the fact that he's hot. I suggest they do a picture in picture setup, with him down in the corner doing a Chippendale routine. That way, they don't have to write a single word for his dull character. Everyone will be happy.

by Anonymousreply 36207/23/2013

Agreed with posters please drop the werewolves, Alcide and there boring ass storylines. It is like a different show when watching them.

Also please make Jason show some dick before the end of this show.

by Anonymousreply 36307/23/2013

Your right! I keep thinking each week how pointless Alcide has become. If you're not in Sookie, Bill or Eric's orbit there's not much of a place for you on this show.

by Anonymousreply 36407/23/2013

Joe Manganiello said that when he signed on to be a series regular it was for a four year contract. He even claims that his TB contract was what prevented him from landing Man of Steel, which he's been talking about a lot lately. So, he ain't going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 36507/23/2013

Buckner, the new show runner, told the audience at Comic Con that they want to bring the show back to it's small town roots and focus on the original premise of the relationship between vampires and humans. I don't know if Faerie-Vamp hybrids are included in that scenario. There is no Merlottes without Sam or Lafayette. I'm hoping Sam survives and gets back to being the nice guy who runs the local watering hole and the boss everybody loves working for. Alcide and the Pack need to move back to Jackson. If Bill dies at the end of this season I will be very happy. I am not interested in seeing a redeemed Bill back with Sookie. I want them to explore Eric's relationship with Willa. The Jessica/James pairing is intriguing. And if Warlow gets to stick around that will be the icing on the cake. Oh, and no Sookie/Warlow baby! This is an adult show. People fuck because they like it. No need to justify the awesome faegasm they shared by saying it was a baby maker. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 36607/23/2013

[quote]People fuck because they like it. No need to justify the awesome faegasm they shared by saying it was a baby maker. Ugh.

But that's what "royalty" does. It's all about bloodlines and lineage. Warlow came to town for the express purpose of claiming his intended faerie princess so they could create their own dynasty together.

by Anonymousreply 36707/24/2013

[quote]Abba is Aramaic.

Swedish, but they sang in English

[quote]Was this your first episode? GLAMOUR! GLAMOUR!GLAMOUR! GLAMOUR!

Glamour, glamour...toujours glamour!

by Anonymousreply 36807/24/2013

What are the Vamp Camp guards being innoculated against? Or are they being injected with Hepatitis-V so the virus will be transmitted to any vamp that manages to over power one of the humans at the camp and feeds? I wonder if the guards are encouraged to have sex with the inmates because the virus can be transmitted via sex, anal or vaginal. It appears the plan is to infect the True Blood and also make human blood lethal to vamps. And to use the Fangbangers as carriers. That is wicked brilliant. Fuckers mean business. In reply to your post r367, Warlow told Sookie that if she agreed to be his, they would be a closed circle. They wouldn't need anyone else. I don't think the plan is to breed little Faerie-Vamp hybrids. He hates being Vampire. And there might not be any guarantee that the kid would be full Fae even if he can father a child. Of course, if that is the story line the show wants to explore, having Sookie get pregnant before being turned might increase the odds. I hope they don't go there. It's been done. It's called Twilight. Another ugh.

by Anonymousreply 36907/24/2013

Why does Manganiello's hair look so weird lately too?

by Anonymousreply 37007/24/2013

Manganiello joined the show in season 3. If the contract was for four years, then this season is his last on contract. It's as if the producers wanted to thin the herd and needed to turn the fans against a favorite character before cutting him lose. I hope that is not the plan with Sam. To me, Sam is the heart of Merlottes and Merlottes is the heart of Bon Temps. I would love to see them kill off Bill and have Eric take Jessica under his wing. Imagine Eric as the Daddy figure for the three baby vamps. Lucky girls. Am I the only one who finds Manganiello hard to look at? The body looks like a beautiful statue, a flesh and blood Michaelangelo's David, but the face is all Freddy Kruger. Gives me nightmares. Here's hoping that LaLa, Sam, Arlene, Andy, Tara, Jessica, Eric, Pam, Sookie, Jason, Holly, Willa, Nora, Niall and Warlow survive. KILL BILL.

by Anonymousreply 37107/24/2013

Meanwhile, it's the "gay vampire" who's the kapo who turns against his own kind.

The show is such a homophobic frau show.

Warlow had potential to be a great villain and they threw it away for this Twilight bullshit.

I wish I hadn't watched this from the beginning, because it's gotten incredibly bad the last couple of seasons. This season's horrible.

by Anonymousreply 37207/24/2013

Oh, and add James to the cast. Trade Alcide for James. Works for me.

by Anonymousreply 37307/24/2013

Better yet: give Alcide and James their own arc. Have them make lots of werevamp babies.

by Anonymousreply 37407/24/2013

Giving an innocent child Manganiello's face is borderline child abuse!

by Anonymousreply 37507/24/2013

Manganiello wasn't a series regular but just a guest star for Season 3. His contract was for Season 4 through 7, which makes sense as it seems that 7 will be their last. As far as his face, he looks rougher because he's stepped up his workouts, as he's going to be promoting his own fitness book. His hair is weird because he's wearing a weave. Not joking. There are before/after pics on his Tumblr page.

by Anonymousreply 37607/24/2013

Even if the current contract includes season 7, I wouldn't get my hopes up that you are going to see much of Alcide or the Pack next year. The fans have turned on the character. Manganielle is miserable with the way this season has played out for his character. Who knows. He might even ask out of the contract if he really thinks being on True Blood has caused him to miss bigger opportunities. (que BIG fucking eye roll) The hair is the least of his problems. He isn't much of an actor. He lacks the "it" factor. Compare that to how the fans are going crazy over Kazinsky. He's handsome and charming but his looks are fairly ordinary. He's fit and toned but he's no Adonis. And yet. There is something so incredibly sexy and mesmerizing about him. People want to watch him. And fuck him. Maybe it's the sexy chest hair. Maybe it's the dimples. What ever it is, there is a tsunami of lust for the character and the actor right now. And I'm happy to be riding that wave.

by Anonymousreply 37707/24/2013

Joe M is getting to play Stanley Kowalski on stage this summer which never would have happened without TB. He's a better actor than he gets credit for, and I agree the writers have done him no favors with this current storyline.

The first season was great. All the others have been uneven. This one has been not bad. And I agree Sam needs to get re-established at Merlotte's. In fact Sam Trammell is the best male actor on the show.

by Anonymousreply 37807/24/2013

[quote]Joe M is getting to play Stanley Kowalski on stage this summer which never would have happened without TB. He's a better actor than he gets credit for, and I agree the writers have done him no favors with this current

I agree that there's no judging how good an actor is when doing this kind of stuff (a few stellar exceptions like the actors playing Jessica and Russell aside). But JM has yet to do anything that suggests even a glimmer of talent outside the gym. I predict a very dreary STREETCAR followed by a career of gloomy autograph fairs.

by Anonymousreply 37907/24/2013

It's hard to believe that even for a jaded 50 yr-old horror fan like me, this show once was effectively creepy and suspenseful. Now it's just one eye roll after the next.

by Anonymousreply 38007/24/2013

TB fans have always had some issue with the Alcide/Werewolf storyline, yet they're still around. As far as Manganiello, I seriously doubt he's going anywhere, be it of his own doing or the producers'. I would have thought losing out on Man of Steel would have been enough to prompt him to try to leave the show, but he has said that if TB were to go to Season 10, he'll be right there. All the lust for the new guy is probably just because he's new. He ain't stealing none of Alcide's sexy - or Jason's for that matter. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 38107/24/2013

I think r379 has Billith's gift of prophecy. I see him in a low rent Chippendalesesque review on Sunset Strip when the acting career comes to a grinding halt. Deciding that grinding on the pole for horny housewives and chubby Bachelorettes beats unemployment. Just like his character in Magic Mike. An organ grinder's monkey. Pet my monkey. Pleaaase.

by Anonymousreply 38207/24/2013

So mean, r382!

by Anonymousreply 38307/24/2013

Funny ain't pretty, r383. And it's funny because it's true. I hate myself.

by Anonymousreply 38407/24/2013

One would have thought that Manganiello would have scored some major role by now, especially with all the superhero franchises. I'm not sure I buy that his TB contract prevents him from doing other projects. Isn't Anna reprising her role as Rogue for the upcoming X-Men film? I would bet hard cash that he lands some cop show after TB ends.

by Anonymousreply 38507/24/2013

Okay, I'm having a hard time rapping my head around the idea that he was in serious consideration for Man of Steel. Were they planning to CGI another actor's head on his body? Superman wearing a hood and cowl? How....ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 38607/24/2013

[quote]I'm having a hard time rapping my head around...

Dear me.

by Anonymousreply 38707/24/2013

I totally deserve that, dear r387. I knew it was wrong when I hit post. Thanks for the come uppance.

by Anonymousreply 38807/24/2013

Manganiello supposedly came very close to landing Man of Steel. The media was reporting that he was actually the front-runner for the role. Even the comic book fans seemed to favor him over Cavill, whom they thought was too small for Supes. Zack Snyder did an interview with EW and claimed that Manganiello was his only other serious choice.

by Anonymousreply 38907/24/2013

I guess that is why I'm not casting or directing movies. My personal standard for male beauty is Paul Newman. What do I know?

by Anonymousreply 39007/24/2013

Paul Newman?! Your standards are quite high. While I don't think anyone could consider Manganiello as beautiful, his height, physique and overall look is perfectly suited for action/super hero roles.

by Anonymousreply 39107/24/2013

Imagine a nine year old me watching The Long Hot Summer for the first time and getting my first look at male perfection, r391. Ben Quick. Mmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 39207/24/2013

Happy Birthday to the beautiful, talented, gloriously sensual Anna Paquin. Born on July 24th 1982.

by Anonymousreply 39407/24/2013

Say what you will but off set, Joe's the most popular actor of TB. You don't see any of those other people in magazines, talk shows, movies, etc. He's doing well.

by Anonymousreply 39507/24/2013

[quote]Or are they being injected with Hepatitis-V so the virus will be transmitted to any vamp that manages to over power one of the humans at the camp and feeds?

While I realize one shouldn't expect reality from a show focused on the supernatural, it is nevertheless literally impossible, from a scientific perspective, to spread any sort of virus among dead hosts. Next we'll be seeing vampires get knocked up with children! (Oh, wait: "Twilight" already did that...)

[quote]Maybe it's the sexy chest hair. Maybe it's the dimples.

Maybe it's the accent. Maybe it's the thinning hair.

[quote]What ever it is, there is a tsunami of lust for the character and the actor right now.

"Tsunami of lust"? Sweet Christ. This is DataLounge, not a gay Harlequin novel!

by Anonymousreply 39607/25/2013

R395, oh really? Joe's the most popular off the set, I don't think so. I think Sarsguard is the most popular.

Suki lost her pregnancy weight so fast.

by Anonymousreply 39707/25/2013

[quote]I think Sarsguard is the most popular.

Peter Sarsguard?

by Anonymousreply 39807/25/2013

Kazinsky is not model-gorgeous like Skarsgard but there's something cute, hot and sexy about him plus he is the best actor out of all of them. The Eric/Sookie shippers feel threatened by him.

by Anonymousreply 40007/25/2013

r396 types Fattie:) Pompous, much?

by Anonymousreply 40107/25/2013

So... does anyone else think that Tara's mom is infected with Hep-V, and that's the reason she so desperately wanted to NOURISH HER BAY-BEE GIRL?

by Anonymousreply 40211/05/2013

I'm new to the show, btw. Only started watching it last month, and am completely caught up! [I'm unemployed]

The show was excellent at first, but has now turned boring and crappy and needs to be either brought back to its previous quality or ended asafp. Season 7 better be good, or fans will riot!

by Anonymousreply 40311/05/2013

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 40411/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.