Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What happens to actors and actresses who peak prematurely?

Very few actresses have careers like Jennifer Lawrence. She's currently 23?! And she's on the top of the heap. Could this spell trouble for her down the road?

I'm not a fan but I'm seeing fans getting tired of listening to talk about her. I find her success too premature. I mean she doesn't even have that many films under her belt. And yet we are infatuated with her because of the Hunger Game series. Do you think she will crash or fade away ten years from now? I mean she has a clean image because she's relatively new.

by Anonymousreply 706/16/2013

Well, she has an Oscar so I don't know what kind of trouble she could possibly face career wise. She is in two franchises, X Men and Hunger Games and will probably nail another one when one of them wraps up. She is well liked in the industry and she's a hot property for the public right now. When that quiets down as it inevitably does, she will be financially set, and will be producing and making her own movies. I think Jennifer will have staying power.

by Anonymousreply 106/15/2013

I don't think there's a single actor or actress who hasn't had down times or duds in their career. It's unrealistic to expect anyone to always have hits with every single movie, every single year.

But if they're professional, maintain good connections, are well-liked and are willing to be flexible and take on different projects (e.g. stage work, TV), they'll constantly be working, even if they're not always at the top of the heap. That's not a bad deal at all.

Jennifer Lawrence already has more than 99% of actors ever achieve. Even if her career winds down a little, she'll still be sitting pretty if she keeps a good head on her shoulders and manages her finances / projects / health wisely.

by Anonymousreply 206/15/2013

It's a long slow fall afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 306/15/2013

Jennifer Lawrence is so fuking fake. I cant wait for her to crash and burn.

by Anonymousreply 406/15/2013

These days the fall is hard and fast, modern Hollywood is very quick to drop young actors who fall out of favor, especially if they're in these film franchises.

A successful franchise will ensure years of work, lots of publicity, and a name on the list of box-office draws, but it can all end as soon as the franchise is over. But if an actor has failed to establish a career outside of the franchise, or isn't in with the right power-brokers, as soon as the franchise ends they're a type-cast has-been.

Look at Elijah Wood, from huge franchise to being grateful for a moderately successful sit-com.

by Anonymousreply 506/15/2013

I think Jennifer will be around for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 606/16/2013

most women peak at 26.

by Anonymousreply 706/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!