Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just discovered Veronica Mars

I'd heard it was a good show but I never saw. I'm catching up on the Soap channel and it's really good. Anyone else a fan? I'm only to the middle of the second season.

by Anonymousreply 1406/15/2013

I LOVE this show. The second season is really dense, but I enjoy it. The third season has some rough patches, but is still great.

The movie begins shooting on Monday, and so far it looks like everyone will be back, even Gia!

Check out this awesome video Ryan Hansen and Kristen Bell did to announce his signing on to the movie (most of the cast has made videos announcing their return):

by Anonymousreply 106/15/2013

Loved this show. Very enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 206/15/2013

Absolutely love this show. Looking forward to the movie. Agree that season 2 has rough spots, but is ultimately worth the trip.

by Anonymousreply 306/15/2013

Love Veronica. I tuned in originally because I liked Kristen Bell so much in that Tom Sawyer musical.

Funny that "murdered" Amanda Seyfried has gotten the movie musical roles Bell would have liked.

by Anonymousreply 406/15/2013

Stop trying to make Kristen Bell happen.

by Anonymousreply 506/15/2013

Sweet R1, I liked that. I really like Kristen Bell. She seems like she has a good head on her shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 606/15/2013

Can't watch it since my ex loved it. Two years later... guess I'm screwed.

by Anonymousreply 706/15/2013

First season was great - one of my favorite new TV shows when it came out. I kind of lost interest midway through the second season with the ret-conning (e.g. Veronica's rape) and divided arcs, and I've never gotten around to finishing the third.

Regardless, Kristen Bell was absolutely great in the role, which is why it was a bit disappointing that she took on so much fluff after the show and appeared to show more limited range. She really is best when she's playing a bit of a snarky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 806/15/2013

r8, you're confused. There was no ret-conning with Veronica's rape. She was raped.

by Anonymousreply 906/15/2013

OP, check out the "What do we know about Jason Dohring?" thread I've linked below. There's some great behind-the-scenes gossip if you're interested.

by Anonymousreply 1006/15/2013

[Spoilers, by the way, for anyone who hasn't gotten past season 2]

R9, didn't they change the story from the first season - at the end of season 1, she found out she'd had drunken/roofied, but somewhat consensual sex at the party with her ex-boyfriend, and he was roofied as well - so even though she didn't have memories of it, she didn't feel as taken advantage of.

Then, in season 2, they had the bus crash villain reveal that after she'd had sex with her boyfriend, he came in and forced himself on her (and gave her V.D.) - so she was truly raped after the fact. That kind of seemed like an unnecessary (and ridiculous) tack-on after the revelations of season 1.

by Anonymousreply 1106/15/2013

Loved the show--concur that the first season was best, but the others were really good, much better than most of TV at the time (or maybe since).

Fans are very devoted, which explains the Kickstarter blowout. Bring on the movie!

by Anonymousreply 1206/15/2013

[Again, spoilers]

R9, the scene in question from Season 1 where they say the sex (with Duncan, had forgotten his name) was ultimately "consensual". One of the biggest impact scenes from that season:

by Anonymousreply 1306/15/2013

I loved the show, but you could tell they had a straight casting director. Most of the girls (with the exception of Kristen Bell and Tina Majorino) were generic hot chicks with limited acting ability. While most of the guys were, uh, not. Except Piz, but he's weirdly hated by the VM fan community for some reason.

I also loved that Jason Dohring was the oldest looking high school senior this side of Gabrielle Cateris. Which made (SPOILER!) the subplot where Steve Guttenberg tried to "molest" him all the more ridiculous.

Looking forward to the movie though!

by Anonymousreply 1406/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.