Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

God Almighty. This shit makes my head explode.

[bold]President Obama’s Plan B risks[/bold]

Re: “Administration ends efforts to restrict morning-after pill,” June 11 news story.

Your front-page assessment that President Obama is taking a political risk in ending his challenge to “Plan B” is no doubt correct. The risk, however, is far greater than a political one. [bold]There remains a God, whose directions regarding adultery and murder, while inconvenient, are nevertheless wise and loving and for our good. We neglect them to our personal and national peril.[/bold]

Marlys DeVries, Denver

by Anonymousreply 306/15/2013

Religious loons.

by Anonymousreply 106/15/2013

There is a huge, massive disconnect between these people and the real world. I live in Iowa, where we've had marriage equality for four years now. My partner and I, along with many of our partnered friends, have gotten legally married over the last few years, and we are all so happy. You can't even talk to these people about that. They don't believe it's true, that me, my partner, and all of our friends are really happy and content. We are still seeing letters to the editor in our local paper stating what the OP posted from "Marlys". The local paper publishes these in some lame effort to appear "balanced" because it's been accused of being a liberal rag many times.

by Anonymousreply 206/15/2013

"There is a huge, massive disconnect between these people and the real world. "

Yes, they live in abject terror of a nonexistent God. He's always watching over them, like the worst mother in the world, always ready to deliver horrific punishments for the smallest misdeed, or someone else's misdeed.

Their god is vicious and cruel, yet he fulfills some need they have. They WANT to believe in a god this horrible, or they wouldn't cling to the illusion in the face of all evidence.

by Anonymousreply 306/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.