Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Russell Crowe, WTF?

I was pleasantly surprised watching Russell Crowe on tonight's Graham Norton Show - it may not be on YouTube yet. He was witty, engaging, looked good, and had good rapport with Norton - leaving Superman Henry Cavill looking like a plank of wood.

I understand Russell is no stranger to the homosex, having played gay several times when younger and knowing lots of gays in the movie biz esp in Australia where he began.

I loathed his recent movies and didnt see most of them, that Robin Hood was dismal, I couldnt even watch it all on tv - good to see he can shape up and turn it on when necessary.

by Anonymousreply 2706/16/2013

Here's a fragment of it ...

by Anonymousreply 106/14/2013

A charming sociopath. How novel!

by Anonymousreply 206/14/2013

Henry Cavill is as dull as he is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 306/14/2013

he's an actor who played gay in MOVIES..doesn't mean he familiar with the homosex than what most straight men know.

by Anonymousreply 406/14/2013

He's back on the market, so he can't get away with the schlub. At least not until after the next honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013

Cavill was meant to be the star here, but Russell ran away with it. Poor Henry seems as dull as ditchwater in real life.

by Anonymousreply 606/15/2013

Wait a minute, wait just a cottonpicking minute...is it really "dull as ditchwater?"

Because I have been saying "dull as dishwater' for a long, long time. Have people been snickering behind my back all this time?

by Anonymousreply 706/15/2013

[quote]I was pleasantly surprised watching Russell Crowe on tonight's Graham Norton Show - it may not be on YouTube yet. He was witty, engaging, looked good, and had good rapport with Norton - leaving Superman Henry Cavill looking like a plank of wood.

[quote]Cavill was meant to be the star here, but Russell ran away with it.

It's not Russell's fault Cavill has no personality or charisma. Cavill isn't going to last long in this business at this rate - wooden when acts AND in real life.

by Anonymousreply 806/15/2013

Brits say "ditch"; Americans say "dish".

by Anonymousreply 906/15/2013

Mitts off, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1006/15/2013

Can be either I think, r7. Brits also say "dish water". I say both and I think "ditch" was the origin. I also wanted to know about this so thanks for bringing it up.

Anyway, poor Henry. But you can get away with no personality or talent - especially in showbiz - when you look like that. There's a lot to be said for the dumb vacant but beautiful type.

He MUST have been good in The Tudors, right? He seems to be best in costume dramas and limited otherwise. I hate that closet cunt face Jonathan Rhys Meyers who is a better actor so will find it difficult to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 1106/15/2013

[quote]But you can get away with no personality or talent - especially in showbiz - when you look like that.

Not for long.

by Anonymousreply 1206/15/2013

"But you can get away with no personality or talent - especially in showbiz - when you look like that." Megan fox says hi.

by Anonymousreply 1306/15/2013

He is constantly accompanied by a dark haired Texan guy. He was been with him for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 1406/16/2013

Norton is alright but I'd loved to see how he measured up to Jonathan Ross. He has a knack for bringing personality out of those with no pulse. Mind you, Babs didn't get him at all and that was seriously uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 1506/16/2013

This guy is a no talent blowhard. Fuck him in the ass!

by Anonymousreply 1606/16/2013

Henry's a Himbo

by Anonymousreply 1706/16/2013

Wow! I'm amazed that with all the hype and promotion of Cavill in this buildup to the Superman movie, his teeth are almost as yellow as my own old coffee-stained chicklets.

by Anonymousreply 1806/16/2013

Before I saw interviews of Henry Cavill today for Superman I was 50/50 on whether he is gay. Now I'm 95% sure he's heterosexual. He's still very unusual for a heterosexual in how well-mannered he is. There has been no questions about his girlfriend or past relationships and he hasn't brought it up at all. It's strange.

I agree Russell stole the show. He even said he was barely in the movie yet he took so much of the interview. I didn't like his story about kissing another guy for a role. He told that story before. Sounds like he just wanted to get it over with, put in the typical half-hearted effort heterosexual actors do in gay kissing scenes.

by Anonymousreply 1906/16/2013

I'm sorry but I will always remember how he threw the object at the hotel staff. He's a piece of shit who thinks his shit doesn't stink. He was acting the whole time on the show...he ain't nice in real life.

by Anonymousreply 2106/16/2013

Cavill's been acting for about a decade now. He's been very successful when one considers his complete lack of ability.

by Anonymousreply 2206/16/2013

[quote]He was acting the whole time on the show

Too bad he couldn't teach HC how to act.

by Anonymousreply 2306/16/2013

[quote]He's a piece of shit

Mom agrees!

by Anonymousreply 2506/16/2013

r24 = Fiona Fangurl (42).

by Anonymousreply 2606/16/2013

[quote]And who under the age of seventy actually uses that phrase?

Plank of wood - Britishism. OP is from the UK if they watched Norton live, it's the last episode.

I see Josh Groban was on again with the sexy Chris O'Dowd.. may watch that.

And Amy Adams was also in the Superman episode. She was verrrry dull and closed off in that round table actress video (hates paps, who can blame her). Great actress though, maybe winning the Oscar would be bad for her if she likes to be low key.

by Anonymousreply 2706/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.