Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's with all these BRAVO Housewives spinoffs?

Kandi, The Wig, Lisa V., and now Tamra/Eddina. Ya just know Kyle is pitching a spinoff for her and Kim, and that Mama Caroline is angling to get her babies their own spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 1909/15/2013

Cheap to produce and easy to cancel. .

by Anonymousreply 106/14/2013

Best article ever about Pat Loud from the very first reality show ever and Carole Radziwill from the New York Housewives

by Anonymousreply 206/15/2013

I loved An American Family. Lance Loud -- just knowing he existed in 1973 -- made it possible for me to come out a couple of years later.

by Anonymousreply 306/15/2013

An American Family and the early seasons of The Real World are the true reality shows.

The rest are staged, fake and full of desperate wannabe's.

I keep waiting for the housefrau franchise to burn out but Cohen just won't let it. Even Miami which had dismal rating and, possibly, the most repulsive bunch of slags, just keeps on chuggin' along.

by Anonymousreply 406/15/2013

Assholes keep watching these shows. Why not continue making them?

by Anonymousreply 506/15/2013

Besides the housewives, Top Chef and the million dollar listings, nothing else ever seems to work. These seems to be there only successful franchises, so Cohen will milk them to death and beyond. Seriously, expect a Million Dollar Listing Miami in the near future. Was Vanderpump's spinoff renewed? That was godawful, but she's one of BRAVO's most popular "characters," so who knows. When does Bethenny: Happily Divorced premiere?

by Anonymousreply 606/15/2013

Vanderpump was renewed. I'm proud of myself for never tuning in. There's something about her that I just don't like. And the husband is creepy. But I do think the daughters gay husband is kinda hot.

Weren't the ratings down on BeTHINee's last season? And hasn't she moved on to the talk show circuit. I loathe her. I hope the hoppy hubby gets every nickel he can get his hands on. He deserves it for fucking that skeleton even once.

by Anonymousreply 706/15/2013

The early seasons of Project Runway were interesting, but it has crashed, burned and turned into crap ever since Bunim/Murray took it over and it moved

by Anonymousreply 806/15/2013

OP, Don Caroline already tried that. Her two doughy sons and their flamboyant roommate angled for a spinoff when they moved to Hoboken.

by Anonymousreply 906/15/2013

Do any of these spinoffs do well? Kandi's show looks unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 1006/15/2013

Astonishingly, PROJECT RUNWAY on LIFETIME still averages 3 million viewers. I don't know anyone who still watches it.

Reality TV, particularly reality competitions (PR, TOP CHEF, IDOL), may be cheap to produce, but they grow old really fast. We're seeing viewers tune out IDOL in huge numbers because they're bored.

They are our generation's game shows, and have all the lasting cultural impact of TATTLETALES or JOKERS WILD.

by Anonymousreply 1106/15/2013

My show is the clear success story.

by Anonymousreply 1206/15/2013

So, what is the next BIG TV trend ? Reality shows and competitions are dying fast.

by Anonymousreply 1306/15/2013

What's with these housewives getting married just so they can have spinoffs? I Dream of Nene? Honey, I dream a lot but never about that bruiser. Tamra and that sleazy husband deserve eachother.

by Anonymousreply 1409/15/2013

Some of them are entertaining but others are just pathetic. The good news is that Giudice won't get one because of her legal troubles. It was rumored she was going to get a show focusing solely on her family and her "cooking".

Kandi is a singer/songwriter/producer so I didn't mind the concept of her now canceled show.

Nene is funny to me so I'll watch her.

I don't get why gays love Zolciak and I refuse to watch her, despite the fact her show is doing reasonably well. Vanderpump is another one who gays really love for being "fabulous" but I view as her fake and conniving.

Tamra is straight up trash.

I expect Joanna Krupa to be up for a solo show in the next year or so.

by Anonymousreply 1609/15/2013

What kinda irritates me is that we're supposed to watch these hags get married for the 4th or 5th time and they act all Bridezilla-y?!?!!?!? They all have different children by different men. At least with Bethenny it was her first marriage. That's another reason why I don't mind watching stuff about Joanna's wedding on RHOM. Adriana needs to STFU and elope!

by Anonymousreply 1709/15/2013

The only franchise I've kept up with is Beverly Hills, but I would never watch a spinoff. The previews for Vanderpump Rules made it look like a less classy (!) Jersey Shore.

I may drop RHOBH this season if they continue to make it "The Brandi Show." There's nothing "Beverly Hills" about that trailer-trash bimbo.

by Anonymousreply 1809/15/2013

[quote]An American Family and the early seasons of The Real World are the true reality shows. The rest are staged, fake and full of desperate wannabe's.

Uh, did you actually watch The Real World? MTV cast seven strangers and put them together in a house. If that's not "staged," I don't know what is. Also, "desperate wannabe's" were all over the Real World from the start.

As for this nonsense: [quote]They are our generation's game shows, and have all the lasting cultural impact of TATTLETALES or JOKERS WILD.

Survivor and Project Runway basically made it mandatory to cast openly gay people on TV. That's a pretty serious, lasting cultural impact to me.

by Anonymousreply 1909/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.