Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Quite possibly the most heart breaking post I've ever read...

Was about a model who's been trying to make it for the past decade but failed. My god. I've never felt so heart-broken over a datalounge post. I find his situation scary. Modelling isn't a real job, and neither is acting. This is the truth.

by Anonymousreply 606/14/2013

Modelling and acting is an expensive and time consuming hobby, until you actually make a profit. Even if the post was a troll as claimed, potential models may be reading DL and need to learn the truth ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 106/14/2013

That model wannabe was FUGLY, too. Horrible to say. But facts are facts. I think that was a troll thread, though.

by Anonymousreply 206/14/2013

He's nothing special at all. He's seriously deluded.

by Anonymousreply 306/14/2013

[quote]Modelling isn't a real job, and neither is acting. This is the truth.

Nonsense, there are plenty of men who've made/continue to make a decent living in both professions. Sure 99.9% aren't getting roles and paid like Brad Pitt (film) or Matthew Broderick (stage) but they're sure as hell earning more than working in the mail room, at Starbucks or WalMart or anywhere else the typical Arts graduate ends up working. Add to that the fact that they're doing what they love.

That being said most actors I've met are needy and insecure (not surprisingly when you go through so many auditions).

by Anonymousreply 406/14/2013

The "model" was a troll who was using some CAM4's feed and pics of NSA villain Ed Snowden (when he,too, thought a long face, a big snozz and daek circles around the eyes would make someone a model).

Stop feeding the troll

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013

Yes, I'd throw acid in her trolling face just so she could get a career as a Face of Courage poster girl.

Gladly.

by Anonymousreply 606/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.