Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bill Maher: Legalization of Pot Is The New Gay Marriage

Agree?

by Anonymousreply 3006/16/2013

Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 106/14/2013

He was obviously stoned when he wrote that.

by Anonymousreply 206/14/2013

What R1 said. It's actually offensive to equate the two.

by Anonymousreply 306/14/2013

r2, he didn't write it, he said it on his show.

by Anonymousreply 406/14/2013

In some ways it is. The reasons pot is kept illegal have more to do with fear and emotion and not because of some rational reason. And its a generational thing, something younger people would support more than oldsters.

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013

He doesn't mean to say they are equivalent. He just means its the next liberal idea that's going to spread from state to state and evoke outrage from conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 606/14/2013

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 806/14/2013

I always thought that legalizing pot would happen way before legalizing gay marriage because at least with pot, most adults have tired it and know its harmless. I wish they would legalize it already, so here's hoping it will happen sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 906/14/2013

Pot is not harmless but it is less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco.

by Anonymousreply 1006/14/2013

It is just soooo lower class though what with the seeds and bags and rolling papers etc. Pills are much more dignified for proper people.

by Anonymousreply 1106/14/2013

Is he trying to tell us that Maggie Gallagher is starting up a group to fight the legalization of pot?

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013

Today in my local newspaper's gossip section there was an item about Martha Stewart. It seems she and her assistant were stuck in traffic in New York City and in the car next to them were two people smoking joints. Martha remarked that '"those are some sloppy joints". When her assistant asked her how she knew that she replied "I know how to roll a joint!" Martha Fucking Stewart. Can the rest of the brainwashed masses be far behind? I would love to have her recipes for Pecan Pot Sandies, Pot de Creme, Magical Mystery Macaroons, Peach Pot Pie, Fantasmagorical Fudge, Hash hash and Kush Kake. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 1306/14/2013

How do stars like Maher buy pot? Isn't he afraid of being arrested since he is so public about his use of it.

by Anonymousreply 1406/14/2013

R13 Can you imagine Martha Stewart rolling a joint? It would be rolled with hand made hemp paper that she crafted herself. And she would use an unrefined sugar based gum. Its a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 1506/14/2013

r5 Summed it up.

by Anonymousreply 1606/14/2013

If she's still around after it's legalized, I'd like to smoke some of her homegrown shit, r15. It would be a VERY good thing. Can you imagine the packaging? Fuck. I really want this to happen!

by Anonymousreply 1706/14/2013

Bill and Patrick Kennedy Jr. went round and round on this issue on Bill's show tonight. They were not in agreement to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 1806/14/2013

It's really easy here in California to get a prescription for medical weed. He probably just goes to one of the many many many dispensaries around town with a prescription.

by Anonymousreply 1906/14/2013

People of means don't buy pot the same way others do. I'm sure LA has the same thing as in NYC, a pot delivery service that is very discrete and probably bribing the police so they can operate. You call them in the morning, give them your code name and how much you want and later in the day they call you and say something like, "I'll be at 8th and 40th in about ten minutes." Its easy, convenient and safe, but it comes with a price. You're going to pay about $50 more than you would on the "street", but its totally worth it.

Of course, being white helps a lot too.

by Anonymousreply 2006/15/2013

[quote]Bill and Patrick Kennedy Jr. went round and round on this issue on Bill's show tonight. They were not in agreement to say the least.

Wasn't the Kennedy fortune built on Prohibition and didn't it continue to grow from legal sales of imported alcohol?

Why should we trust a Kennedy to tell us what's good for us when they have been profiting for generations from liquor which causes so many societal ills?

by Anonymousreply 2106/15/2013

I am an ex-smoker of cigarettes; I quit when my Doctor told me that I had the beginnings of emphysema. I was and still am an extremely active person and not being able to do the sports or exercise that I love would be devastating. I have never smoked much Pot but because I'm afraid of taking even bong hits will return me back to Cigarettes, I gave up both.

by Anonymousreply 2206/15/2013

You need to try pot brownies, R22.

by Anonymousreply 2306/15/2013

Or a vaporizer.

by Anonymousreply 2406/15/2013

Maher is always saying homophobic things.

by Anonymousreply 2506/15/2013

Seth Rogen is a big pothead. He was talking on Howard Stern's show this week about talking with Barbara Streisand during the filming of Guilt Trip, the movie they made together where she said she smoked weed with Peter Sellers.

by Anonymousreply 2606/15/2013

Kennedy had a point last night on Maher. Marijuana is certainly les harmful than other drugs but frequent use does cause depression, loss of motivation, decreased ability to concentrate and munchies.

by Anonymousreply 2706/15/2013

It's a big issue for him because he's a pothead. He's also a dickhead. I can't stand his smug, superior attitude. And he's UGLY.

by Anonymousreply 2806/15/2013

Who was the British douche on Bill show Friday night? Oh my god. Don't ever have him on again. How rude.

by Anonymousreply 2906/16/2013

Pot is legal in Colorado. I smell it everywhere in Denver, but my partner and I still cannot marry. Domestic Partnership is not the same as marriage.

by Anonymousreply 3006/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.