Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Man of Steal has instantly throttled Henry Cavill to the A-list overnight!

Welcome to the club, baby! Tomorrow you won't be able to walk the streets without people coming up to you. Your life is about to change forever.

by Anonymousreply 11608/28/2013

You and Brandon Routh, baby!

by Anonymousreply 106/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 206/14/2013

The Cavill troll is really annoying. How many threads did she started? Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 306/14/2013

R3 I have no idea but they are totally unhinged and need to get a life. Nothing will change all the terrible reviews its gotten.

When World War Z opens next weekend, Man of Flops will be completely forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 406/14/2013

Bitch, please. The trailer for World War Z is nothing but fucking running! It's like a marathon movie with the occasional jump scare.

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013

R4, isn't the Cavill film getting decent reviews?

by Anonymousreply 606/14/2013

World War Zzzzzzzzzz is a big flop.

by Anonymousreply 706/14/2013

Cavill is handsome though and dresses like a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 806/14/2013

[quote]Bitch, please. The trailer for World War Z is nothing but fucking running! It's like a marathon movie with the occasional jump scare.

It doesn't matter what you think of the trailer. The FACT is that Brad Pitt is an A-list movie star and the Brangelina fans (and there's a shitload of them) will flock to World War Z no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 906/14/2013

OP, go back to pretending you are Edward Snowden.

Your constant shilling for this stupid superhero movie is an embarrassment at this point.

by Anonymousreply 1006/14/2013

I'm a little amused by "Man of Steal" and throttling to the A-list.

No one says obsessive fan trolls are smart.

by Anonymousreply 1106/14/2013

Throttled? Really?

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1306/14/2013

Fine ass A-List manmeat.

by Anonymousreply 1406/15/2013

Henry Cavill is fine, too bad he lacks charisma and real acting talent. I want to be a fan but I just don't see leading man material. His fellow brit closet case Luke Evans is better.

by Anonymousreply 1506/15/2013

Cavill is so hot he is distracting as an actor. It is hard to concentrate on the story anytime he is onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 1606/15/2013

Funny how the message of OP is identical to the several posts on this topic that Lainey Gossip has (inexplicably) posted in the past few weeks.

PR campaign.

by Anonymousreply 1706/15/2013

Pr campaign, troll or obsessive frau?

by Anonymousreply 1806/15/2013

I didn't like Heath Ledger in his role as "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 1906/15/2013

R19, I have to agree with your expression. For example, when Mr. Heath Ledger, in his role of "Joker" had to apply what we in the 'biz' call 'make-up', it was sloppy and the red pigment was smeared on his lips. Not a professional job, say what?

by Anonymousreply 2006/15/2013

Cavill is boring. Routh was boring too, but there was still some like-ablity there. Cavill is just boring all the way through. Also, I can't agree more about him being so handsome it's distracting. I don't mean that in a good way, either.

by Anonymousreply 2106/15/2013

Oh please, Cavill has no charisma, only mediocre talent. He is delusional if he wishes he goes somewhere. The flick got bad reviews mostly.

by Anonymousreply 2206/15/2013

Agree with R21 and R22. Cavill will disappear in a few years and be back to doing bit parts where he belongs. If you have no talent, you can only get by on your looks for so long, and once those are gone, you're screwed.

Someone said that him and Russell Crowe were doing an interview recently, and Crowe was funny and down to earth and Cavill was just "there" he was so boring. What's that say when the lead of the movie can't even keep the audience interested?

by Anonymousreply 2306/15/2013

Cavill's profile still is remarkably low in the US despite MoS.

by Anonymousreply 2406/29/2013

[quote]When World War Z opens next weekend, Man of Flops will be completely forgotten.

World of Z has been forgotten after 2 days. MOS has $422 Million and has a sequel. So I'm sure you and your kind will remember.

by Anonymousreply 2506/29/2013

[quote]Cavill's profile still is remarkably low in the US despite MoS.

Agreed. Nobody knows who he is other than the people who are Superman fans.

Not surprised because I honestly don't even remember hearing Brandon Routh's name when "Superman Returns" came out, and honestly didn't even know the name until a few years ago when I read about him on this site, because I don't care about superhero movies and tend to tune out the advertisements and commercials for movies that don't interest me.

So no, this movie is definitely not going to make him a household name.

by Anonymousreply 2606/29/2013

R26 = ancient basement dweller living under a rock for the last several years

by Anonymousreply 2806/29/2013

I do not think this word means what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 2906/29/2013

I really hope he comes out soon. An openly gay Superman would do wonders for visibility. But, chances are, he'll wait until after the series gets rebooted yet again, and he's all but a footnote in history.

by Anonymousreply 3006/29/2013

Have any one of the actors who have come out in the modern era previously openly bearded? I think they were all glass closeters.

To me, once an actor takes that step, it's too difficult to go back. Who knows what will happen in the future, though. Maybe it will become so commonplace to be out that the closeted actors will feel free to come out, even if they previously had a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 3106/29/2013

I don't generally think gay actors should be outed, but in his case, I think he should.

by Anonymousreply 3206/29/2013

I am old enough to remember when Christopher Reeve's Superman movies came out. Outside of the theater world, he was an unknown.

And to be fair, he really didn't have a great film career outside of the Superman films, which, also to be honest, became a joke after the first 2 films.

while I thought Reeve was a good actor, I don't think anyone would have considered him to be a successful film actor outside of that franchise.

So I guess I am unclear as to why so many are saying that HC will never achieve what Reeve did? I think Reeve was content to be more of a theater actor, and of course after his accident and his admirable way of facing that and still working, he is to be viewed with great respect. He did do some interesting TV roles before and after his accident as well.

As far as Henry goes, I think his ability to be successful beyond MOS, will all hinge on his next project, which is U.N.C.L.E. If that is done well, and HC can show he has some lightness of touch in his acting, then he may well have a better film career overall.

But even if all he ever really does is MOS and the sequels and possibly a Justice League movie or two, He will still be a rich man.

by Anonymousreply 3306/29/2013

[quote]As far as Henry goes, I think his ability to be successful beyond MOS, will all hinge on his next project, which is U.N.C.L.E.

It's a Guy Ritchie movie, so don't hold your breath.

by Anonymousreply 3406/29/2013

The man is a bore and has zero personality. He's like a Madame wax figure. I'll be suprised if he has a better career than Orlando Bloom.

by Anonymousreply 3506/29/2013

You could always claim that you weren't ready to accept yourself as gay if you had been bearding. I think people would forgive that. Admitting your relationship were a knowing lie would be career suicide though. It's definitely easier for glass closeters to come out though. It would also be easier for people who are just photographed out and about with their beards rather than giving interviews and talking about it because then you could just claim they were friends.

by Anonymousreply 3606/29/2013

R28 Or it could be a matter of some people actually having a life and do other things besides watching TV and waiting to see what the next lame superhero movie will be to come out.

by Anonymousreply 3706/29/2013

[quote]Cavill is handsome though and dresses like a movie star.

Definitely looks the part from head-to-toe, though when he poses for the pics, it's a little too "posed" like a catalogue model.

by Anonymousreply 3806/29/2013

even Superman fans don't know his name Gorgeous but no personality or charisma. During interviews he just smiles while Amy Adams and Russell Crowe hog the conversation. He's more know for training for roles (Immortals/MOS) than any acting chops

I bet if he was around in the 50's Joan Crawford and Tyrone Powers would have fought over him

by Anonymousreply 3908/09/2013

Batman vs. Superman will make him a bankable star for good. He's already set for life. Thank Warner Bros. They will be giving him leading roles to promote Batman vs. Superman.

by Anonymousreply 4008/09/2013

With social media being what it is, you're dealing with a global audience. He really is "A" list at this point because he now has a greater following which is obviously rooted in his breath-taking looks.

You can question his acting, but he's officially a star.

by Anonymousreply 4108/09/2013

He's no Heath Ledger, that's for sure.

Does he have feminine thighs?

It's obvious that his ass is smaller than Matt Damon's.

Does he want to do movies with Jennifer Lawrence?

Has he ever looked at Anthony Recker's ass?

by Anonymousreply 4208/09/2013

Obligatory post about how Henry is gay, gay, gay!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4308/10/2013

In what universe is he A-list? He has one movie that isn't that good. Being in a profitable movie, or even a critically acclaimed movie doesn't guarantee the rest of your career.

by Anonymousreply 4408/10/2013

He is obviously not hideous, but he is a distractingly bad actor.

by Anonymousreply 4508/10/2013

Man from U.N.C.L.E will confirm he's A-list.

He'll have a Brad Pitt-esque career.

by Anonymousreply 4608/10/2013

NO ONE wants to see UNCLE. People are as interested in that as they are in The Lone Ranger.

by Anonymousreply 4708/10/2013

The will for him, R47.

by Anonymousreply 4808/10/2013

I was offered a role in UNCLE, but my schedule...

by Anonymousreply 4908/10/2013

Just like they will for Armie Hammer, right, R48?

by Anonymousreply 5008/10/2013

Man of STEAL? THROTTLED Henry Cavill?

Two for one, oh, DEAR!!

by Anonymousreply 5108/10/2013

So is he like Raffles, OP? Or maybe Alexander Mundy?

by Anonymousreply 5208/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 5308/10/2013

More likely it has throttled his career.

by Anonymousreply 5408/10/2013

On the advice of my mentor Sean Young, I'm wearing a Superman costume to "Live with Michael and Kelly" next week.

The game's about to change, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 5508/10/2013

He'll be around for a while because they'll hook him up with an A-list/B+-list actress to make sure he maintains a higher profile.

by Anonymousreply 5608/10/2013

He has the most flawless skin I've ever seen on a man or the greatest makeup artist:

by Anonymousreply 5708/10/2013

I hope Henry has a post-Superman gay role like Christopher Reeve did, kissing a grossed out Michael Caine. One of my earliest gay memories.

by Anonymousreply 5808/10/2013

R57, LOLOLOL. I'm not sure the makeup artist could have put that foundation on any thicker.

by Anonymousreply 5908/10/2013

Really? Man, I'm bad at this shit.

But I've seen other (candid) pictures of him and he appears to have really nice skin.

by Anonymousreply 6008/10/2013

[quote]So is he like Raffles, OP? Or maybe Alexander Mundy?

I don't get it. What is Raffles?

by Anonymousreply 6108/10/2013

What verb do you think OP actually intended rather than "throttled"? "Catapulted"?

by Anonymousreply 6208/10/2013

[quote]In what universe is he A-list? He has one movie that isn't that good. Being in a profitable movie, or even a critically acclaimed movie doesn't guarantee the rest of your career.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Unless you're a Superman fan, most people don't even know his name.

by Anonymousreply 6308/10/2013

Yeah, R59 is correct. That is SHIT TON of foundation.

by Anonymousreply 6408/10/2013

Skin looks pretty good in this candid:

by Anonymousreply 6508/10/2013

Face looks okay, what about his feets? Pics of Henry's feets, please.

by Anonymousreply 6608/10/2013

I'm assuming that he will be replaced for any future installments of the Supperman Franchise. He gave the dullest performance in the history of performances.

by Anonymousreply 6708/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 6808/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 6908/10/2013

[quote]I'm assuming that he will be replaced for any future installments of the Supperman Franchise.

Well, I don't know about the supperman franchise, but he's going to be superman for this generation, so get used to it.

He obviously knew about the Superman/Batman movie before it was announced and clearly JL will be after Superman/Batman.

Man's going to be very rich. How lucky can one guy get? Stunning/Famous/Gorgeous/Rich/Young. He must've worked with lepers or something in his previous life.

by Anonymousreply 7008/10/2013

They are obviously doing these duo and group movies because they've realized that poor Henry can't carry a movie alone. It's a shame really. He really is more suited to television. Perhaps a CBS show, they have that elderly demographic.

by Anonymousreply 7108/10/2013

R71 = Joe Manganiello still talking shit, as he has a lot of free time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 7208/10/2013

He's handsome and all that but he's just not sexy with it. He doesn't generate any heat.

by Anonymousreply 7308/10/2013

Do you like Matt Bomer, r73?

by Anonymousreply 7408/10/2013

I find his A list status very attractive

by Anonymousreply 7508/10/2013

[quote]He's handsome and all that but he's just not sexy with it. He doesn't generate any heat.

Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 7608/10/2013

I would prefer to see Cavill as Raffles instead of Solo, actually.

by Anonymousreply 7708/10/2013

Yeah Cavill generated heat in The Tudors but not any longer. I'm not sure what happened to him. He's lost it.

by Anonymousreply 7808/11/2013

Even for a gay man, how the fuck was he engaged to this? She looks like she's on prednisone:

by Anonymousreply 7908/11/2013

R79 Easy. It was all an act and there was never going to be an actual wedding.

by Anonymousreply 8008/11/2013

But still, the beard could've been better than this horse-beating chipmunk who also sounds a bit dim.

by Anonymousreply 8108/11/2013

R81 You can't be picky when you beard. Most good looking women don't want to waste their looks and time bearding and would rather try hooking up with someone who will actually dick them down. That's why so many beards look homely.

by Anonymousreply 8208/11/2013

Proof he has beautiful skin:

by Anonymousreply 8308/11/2013

Actors that land Superman don't have successful careers outside of that role-even Christopher Reeves. There is no way he's going to be A-List. Starring in a film with Armie Hammer just cements his lack of prospects.

by Anonymousreply 8408/11/2013

He's only 30, R84. He's not going away and as he continues with the Superman movies, he'll get more offers.

He may not be a great actor, but he'll get jobs based on the fact that he's been "discovered" by the (female) masses.

by Anonymousreply 8508/11/2013

R59 doesn't know shit.

Hi-Def picture:

by Anonymousreply 8608/11/2013

Damn R69, even his feet are beautiful.

What a lucky bastard.

by Anonymousreply 8708/11/2013

Perfection from head-to-toe...literally.

by Anonymousreply 8808/11/2013

R85 I am not saying he won't work. What I am saying is that he won't be an A-list actor (the assumption of this topic). Just look at what happened to the other 7 actors took the role over the last 60 odd years.

by Anonymousreply 8908/11/2013

He'll be a rom-com guy.

by Anonymousreply 9008/11/2013

He'll make a beard very happy one day.

by Anonymousreply 9108/11/2013

How has he not been outed in this day and age? HOW? Even the gossip is thin on him.

by Anonymousreply 9208/11/2013

The man cannot act his way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 9308/11/2013

[quote]The man cannot act his way out of a paper bag.

But he doesn't need one on his head which is precisely why he has a career.

by Anonymousreply 9408/11/2013

The fools who go on and on about how Henry cannot act... well... he's the movie star with the big bucks, and you're not. While he's not Laurence Olivier, he gets the job done, while looking beautiful to boot.

by Anonymousreply 9508/11/2013

His life is pretty damned near perfect... except for the closeted things.

by Anonymousreply 9608/11/2013

Is it my imagination or is there VPL in r69?

by Anonymousreply 9708/11/2013

Nah, here's VPL:

by Anonymousreply 9808/11/2013

He seems to be circumcised with a small head.

by Anonymousreply 9908/11/2013

He's British, though, so how can he be cut?

by Anonymousreply 10008/11/2013

R42, why do you ask whether he has feminine thighs and whether he's ever looked at Anthony Recker's ass?

by Anonymousreply 10108/11/2013

R98 The dick looks disappointingly average.

by Anonymousreply 10208/11/2013

According Dan Renzi who saw him naked, he's got an elephant trunk. So he's a grower.

by Anonymousreply 10308/11/2013

[quote]Actors that land Superman don't have successful careers outside of that role-even Christopher Reeves. There is no way he's going to be A-List. Starring in a film with Armie Hammer just cements his lack of prospects.

Exactly. None of the men who've played Superman have had successful careers outside of the franchise, and with Cavill's serious lack of charisma or personality, I doubt he will end up A-list.

by Anonymousreply 10408/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 10608/11/2013

He'll be old news in 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 10708/11/2013

Or more likely Dan Renzi was just trying to be nice and complimentary to a friend R103.

by Anonymousreply 10808/11/2013

That blue shirt makes him look like a B&T guy going to a club in the city. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 10908/11/2013

[quote]According Dan Renzi who saw him naked, he's got an elephant trunk. So he's a grower.

So that means Dan saw him erect???

by Anonymousreply 11008/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 11108/11/2013

Dan Renzi from Real World Miami?!? They're friends?

by Anonymousreply 11208/11/2013

Supposedly they knew each other:

The facts you need to know for this conversation:

1) My ex and I dated for about 2 years, living with each other for part of it--in this tiny, dirty apartment that used to be a garage. It was all a wild, tumultuous affair, the kind of relationship you have in your 20's when you're still resilient enough to deal with crappy apartments and lots of drama. We never really "broke up," we just...moved on, remained friends, no big finale. We still talk often. "Remaining friends" is something that the gays do very well.

2) He has been dating a lovely young thing, who is also a very tall drink of water--we lovingly refer to him as "The Pig," as he is a pretty big guy. The Pig is actually really cute, which allows us to get away with giving him that name. He's in some sort of medical-related college program, I forget what.

3) We have a friend, who we call The Hen, who is in the show The Tudors--hot, hot, hot straight guy, and why he has that nickname is a long story. He films over in Europe somewhere, and then comes back to LA to hang out, and sleeps on my ex's couch. And he walks around naked, which is great because he has a ginormous endowment that swings around like an elephant trunk.

It's ridiculous that we give people these animal names. But they're the only two.

Okay that's it. Picking up in the middle of our conversation last night:

Have you seen The Hen lately?

"He was just here last month. Sleeping on my couch again."

Does he still walk around naked?

"Not really."

Well then what's the point of that?

"I'm sure he does, I just don't see him do it."

How can you not see him in that tiny apartment?

"You know I don't live in that place anymore, right?"

No, I didn't.

"I moved."

Oh okay, to where?

"A house down the street. It's got a washer and dryer, and a yard, the whole thing."

That sounds nice.

"I figured it was time to move into someplace more grown-up."

(slight pause)

How's The Pig?

"He's good. He's finishing his residency."

How long have you been together now?

"Two years."

Long time.

"That seems to be my limit with people."

"But it's the perfect situation...he does his thing, I do my thing, we see each other, it's great. So we'll see."

Does he stay with you in your new place a lot?

"We live together."

Since when?

"Several months now."

I didn't know that.

"Yeah...he moved in with me when we got the new place."

Oh okay. (said way too fake-cheerfully)

You're all grown-up.

"Not really."

A little. Times change.

"Yes they do."

Yes they do.

by Anonymousreply 11308/11/2013

If the front is as good as that ass...lord...

by Anonymousreply 11408/12/2013

A list?? Sure? He can get any girls or boys?!

by Anonymousreply 11508/28/2013

R115, you bumped this thread just to write that?

And I would hope the guy isn't a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 11608/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!