Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Woo Hoo! Mickey D's introduces 3 new Quarter Pounders!!!

Finally now there's a taste for everyone - introducing YOUR Quarter Pounder.

The new Quarter Pounder Burgers have something for everyone. It's the burger that's classic and completely confident in its simplicity. And now, it has friends. The new Quarter Pounder Burgers are a trio of new tastes with personalities as unique as the ingredients that top them off.

Mmmmm, thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon with melty white cheddar. How would you embrace your wild side? How about with spicy creamy-cool Habanero Ranch sauce. Zing! Can you handle it? Habaneros slapping your tongue.

Ooooh, so many choices, I don't know how in the world I'm going to pick which one to try first? Hope I don't hold up the line tomorrow, lol, ba da ba ba ba, I'm lovin' it.

by Ronaldreply 5907/07/2013

They're no Berry Almond Chicken Salad from Wendy's!

by Ronaldreply 106/15/2013

Am I the only one who doesn't like bacon on burgers? Especially fast food bacon which is just greasy, limp strips of questionable origin. I'm not a fast food or junk food snob - give me a plate of crispy fresh cooked bacon and I'll inhale it. Just leave it off the burger.

by Ronaldreply 206/15/2013

R2, I'm not a fan of fast-food bacon at all.

But I love REAL, crispy bacon on a good cheeseburger.

by Ronaldreply 306/15/2013

A real burger has generous iceburg lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, mayo, mustard, a sesame bun, and a well-done beef patty.

Bacon deserves its own planet -- in the form of BLT's. Crisp (crunchy, not chewy) bacon on toasted bread with mayo, tomatoes, and thick, iceburg lettuce.

No need to support corporate chains. Go to your local greasy spoon kitchen.

by Ronaldreply 406/15/2013

There's a local burger chain that serves breakfast all day. The bacon is always crisp on the plate and on the burger. I would gladly eat there several times a week except for the fact that I wouldn't be able to fit in a booth if I did

Meanwhile, there's Subway, which has the limpest, rubberiest bacon I've ever seen. Someone told me their ham and bacon are hyper-processed turkey meat. Anyone know if that's true?

And McDonald's burgers are just chemically flavored fat with just enough meat to keep you from gagging on the lard. So it really makes no difference what other fake crap they pile on it.

by Ronaldreply 506/15/2013

by Ronaldreply 606/15/2013

Y'all really can't tell this is a press release?

DL is a shill magnet.

by Ronaldreply 706/15/2013

[quote]Meanwhile, there's Subway, which has the limpest, rubberiest bacon I've ever seen. Someone told me their ham and bacon are hyper-processed turkey meat. Anyone know if that's true?

I've heard that too, that all Subway meats are turkey based. Since their turkey doesn't even taste like real turkey, I don't know how they think they can make it taste like bacon.

by Ronaldreply 806/15/2013

What about Subway "cheese"?

by Ronaldreply 906/15/2013

I'll never eat those damn things, because I don't like ground beef. The last thing I need is more gray, greasy, flavorless, McDonalds' beef patties.

The only chain burgers I like are In-N-Out, because they have more vegetables than beef, and the patty is well browned instead of gray.

by Ronaldreply 1006/15/2013

I'm with R3. I shudder to think of what the bacon looks like on a McDonald's burger. I have to check the bacon on any bacon-cheeseburger; needs to be crisp and red, no limp, fatty, white "bacon" allowed. Gag.

by Ronaldreply 1106/15/2013

Looks like they came out with these to replace the just-discontinued Angus burgers. They already have the "premium" condiments from the Angus sandwiches, except they now don't need to spend more time on the line cooking the Angus burgers, wasting extra product, etc. Seems like a smart business decision.

by Ronaldreply 1206/15/2013

"iceburg lettuce" -- yes!

And red, ripe floeville tomatoes, too!

by Ronaldreply 1306/15/2013

I'll stick with my Daily Double or crispy chicken with bacon and swiss.

by Ronaldreply 1406/15/2013

i wonder if you can order the new ones with double meat, double quarter pounders?

by Ronaldreply 1506/15/2013

Have mercy! I am gonna buy 9 today!

by Ronaldreply 1606/15/2013

I thought I was kinky, but even I've never had habaneros slapping my tongue before.

by Ronaldreply 1706/15/2013

What is it with all the shitty fast food press releases ? That, the Henry Cavill troll..... Getting pathetic.

by Ronaldreply 1806/15/2013

I have never been impressed with anything McDonald's has done to upgrade its food menu. It's all garbage; why pretend otherwise?

That said, I still give in to my occasional cravings for the original Big Mac or Filet O' Fish. Yum. I've learned to hate the fries, thank god.

Years ago they discontinued the classic Filet and introduced some hideous upscale fish sandwich in its place. That lasted about a year. What did we learn from this, McD's?

by Ronaldreply 2006/15/2013

by Ronaldreply 2106/15/2013

Sarcasm. Parody Post.

by Ronaldreply 2206/15/2013

Please silence this public relations cretin.

by Ronaldreply 2306/15/2013

R20, Be careful. I used to drink McD's coffee in an emergency. Then I googled it and found out how many chemicals it contained; that's right chemicals even in their coffee. Thanks to all of these shill threads, I've permanently sworn off fast-food. No, I'm not phobic, and I don't think organic food is worth the added cost. I don't believe the average restaurant adds as many chemicals as fast-food.

by Ronaldreply 2406/15/2013

What is a "floeville" tomato?

by Ronaldreply 2506/15/2013

" Can you handle it?"

"Habaneros slapping your tongue."

lol You tried too hard!

by Ronaldreply 2606/15/2013

McDonalds tried too hard R26. That prose is straight off the promo site the OP linked.

by Ronaldreply 2706/15/2013

I'm no vegetarian, but R7 is right.

by Ronaldreply 2806/15/2013

I haven't eaten beef from McDonald's in YEARS. You people are nasty.

by Ronaldreply 2906/15/2013

OMG, the new Quarter Pounders are Buy One, Get One Free from June 18-20! Get it, girl.

by Ronaldreply 3006/19/2013

I just had the triple cheeseburger for $2. It was FANTASTIC.

by Ronaldreply 3106/19/2013

Sorry, I can't imagine anyone with any taste, class or regard for their bodies eating this garbage.

by Ronaldreply 3306/19/2013

R33, you show a stunning lack of imagination.

by Ronaldreply 3406/19/2013

[quote]OMG, the new Quarter Pounders are Buy One, Get One Free from June 18-20!

I'm on this!

by Ronaldreply 3506/19/2013

Buy one get one free?

by Ronaldreply 3606/19/2013

Wow r24, thanks for letting us know. You would think that the one item that would be safe would be coffee!! There is truly no reason to eat there...

by Ronaldreply 3706/19/2013

Poor R33 is never invited to parties or out to restaurants, and just can't figure out why.

by Ronaldreply 3806/19/2013

R32 is a parody of a human.

by Ronaldreply 4006/19/2013

Try all three R32? From what I can see they are all the same damn burger. One adds on bacon, one adds on some "habanero flavored" sauce. That's it.

by Ronaldreply 4106/19/2013

I'm sorry, but I stopped buying Mickey D's when they started that whole trash competition race at the drive-thru.

They funnel two order lines into one pick-up lane and you have to merge like you're on a fucking free-way.

I take my three chins elsewhere.

by Ronaldreply 4206/19/2013

by Ronaldreply 4406/19/2013

by Ronaldreply 4506/19/2013

My friend's husband owns 10 McDonalds restaurants. They never eat there. He eats restaurant food every day for lunch, but never McDonalds

by Ronaldreply 4706/19/2013

I like the Bacon Habanero Ranch one.

The sauce is actually hot and spicy.

by Ronaldreply 4806/19/2013

I read this as Mickey Rourke introduces 3 new Quarter Pounders!!!

by Ronaldreply 4906/19/2013

R35 = Fattie

by Ronaldreply 5006/20/2013

Do you want your Carcinogenic Shit Burger with Cheese, or with Mushrooms?

by Ronaldreply 5106/20/2013

Bolivia became the first McDonald’s-free Latin American nation, after struggling for more than a decade to keep their numbers out of ‘the red.’

And that fact is still making news.

After 14 years in the nation and despite many campaigns and promos McDonald’s was forced to close in 2002, its 8 Bolivian restaurants in the major cities of La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz de la Sierra.

McDonald’s served its last hamburgers in Bolivia, after announcing a global restructuring plan in which it would close its doors in seven other countries with poor profit margins.

The failure of McDonald’s in Bolivia had such a deep impact that a documentary titled “Por que quebro McDonald’s en Bolivia” or “Why did McDonald’s Bolivia go Bankrupt,” trying to explain why did Bolivians never crossed-over from their empanadas to Big Macs.

The documentary includes interviews with cooks, sociologists, nutritionists and educators who all seem to agree, Bolivians are not against hamburgers per sé, just against ‘fast food,’ a concept widely unaccepted in the Bolivian community.

The story has also attracted world wide attention toward fast foods in Latin America. El Polvorin blog noted:

“Fast-food represents the complete opposite of what Bolivians consider a meal should be. To be a good meal, food has to have be prepared with love, dedication, certain hygiene standards and proper cook time.”

by Ronaldreply 5206/20/2013

My friend and I tried the habanero and the bacon and cheese with everything but pickles.

We weren't impressed.

I'm sticking with my once a month daily double and cherry berry.

by Ronaldreply 5306/20/2013

Fess up, bitches. How many of you cunts took advantage of the buy one get one free offer? I bought 5, lol!

by Ronaldreply 5406/21/2013

My aging mind can no longer tolerate frozen drinks. They now give me wicked brain freeze.

by Ronaldreply 5506/21/2013

Quarters Pounder!

by Ronaldreply 5606/21/2013

R54, there's nothing wrong with you that a well-tossed cement brick can't cure.

by Ronaldreply 5706/21/2013

I have to agree with New York Times food critic Mimi Sheraton who famously wrote that McDonald's food is "irremediably horrible, with no saving graces whatever. [The hamburger] is ground, kneaded and extruded by heavy machinery that compacts it so that the texture is somewhat like that of baloney sausage, and it becomes rubbery when cooked. Once cooked, the burger is insulated in a soggy bun, topped with pickle slices that seem recycled, or dehydrated onion flakes, or shredded lettuce that is more like wet confetti, and one or another of the disgusting sauces. The potatoes may be crisp but they have no taste. The shakes are like aerated Kaopectate".

And that's not a typo. She wrote "irremediably" not "irredeemably"

by Ronaldreply 5806/21/2013

I don't like quarter pounders

by Ronaldreply 5907/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!