Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Spielberg says movies are dead!!!!

It's true. I prefer Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 606/14/2013

He must have finally watched "Always".

by Anonymousreply 206/14/2013

Oh, for heaven's sake. Movies aren't dead. Spielberg simply isn't relevant anymore.

by Anonymousreply 306/14/2013

People laughed at Richard Branson when he suggested that theaters have different prices for different movies. But instead of paying $25 for an Iron Man and $7 for Lincoln, as Spielberg suggests, it should be the other way around. The summer blockbusters are for mass consumption and should be priced that way. Movie-goers are more willing to blow $5-7 on a crappy movie and not regret it too much, and perhaps see it multiple times if they enjoy it. Pricing a well-crafted (Oscar-bait) movie at $10-15 is analogous to paying more for a 95-point bottle of wine.

They are not going to get the older home theater folks back to the theater anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 406/14/2013

I was hoping someone would link to this article although it came out literally days ago.

Spielberg is whining here and I do think Lincoln should have been a tv movie rather than one at the theaters. Same with Lucas - Red Tails - please, no one saw that, so he's whining.

This also reminds me of Soderbergh's whine last week. These people are uber rich, uber priveleged, you can get your shit done no matter what. Bunch of fucking whiners.

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013

Spielberg and Lucas are in their sixties - how many Hollywood directors from the Golden Age got to direct films this late in their lives?

John Houston, Alfred Hitchcock perhaps. Who else? John Ford may be on the full list.

Even Billy Wilder barely got financing for his few late in life films.

Their time has gone and they should accept it.

by Anonymousreply 606/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.