Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Your heads are about to explode... Cavill.... Superman... and why a Brit is the best choice to play a superhero....

Really this one has something for everyone: British actors in American movies, the decline of the USA, and passing references to Andrew Garfield and even Heath Ledger!

Full article at length but here's the best bit:

I believe there’s been a certain feminisation of the American male,” said John Papsidera, The Dark Knight’s casting director. “[In the UK], men are still raised as men. Guys like Henry Cavill, there’s an easy masculinity to them.” An unnamed talent agent went further: “By the time a kid reaches 12 or 13 in America, if he’s displayed any talent, he’s steered towards athletics in high school. Kids who want to do theatre… they’re immediately labelled wimps, or – worse – fags.” Superhero dressing-up has perhaps become the ultimate test of one’s manhood.

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013

That's not what people who've seen the movie are saying - it's got an EMBARASSING 57% rating on RT, and everyone is talking about Cavill's wooden "acting".

by Anonymousreply 106/14/2013

I sincerely hope the person creating all these new Superman threads tonight is getting paid handsomely for it!

by Anonymousreply 206/14/2013

Wow, the Brits have become quite ultra-nationalist, now haven't they? The "we're the best! we're the best!" chants aren't just coming from the US anymore.

by Anonymousreply 306/14/2013

R3, I was gonna say, that piece reeks of insecurity. Usually, it's the Canadians who've had an inferiority complex being next to and overshadowed by the US. The UK has always had a holier-than-thou attitude toward the US, but now it seems they're trying to one-up America... by portraying Americans.

by Anonymousreply 406/14/2013

Actors from the UK come to the US, take roles, take money and then talk shit about Hollywood and the US. "It's the sunshine! That's the only reason why I do it. I like seeing the sun. But I only have a home in LA, I don't [italic] actually live there [/italic]. Well, only when I'm filming. I mean, London is the greatest city in the world. And I've got a tiny cottage in the Costwolds. I send my kids to British schools, god knows. Wouldn't want them... Well, [italic] you know [/italic] (wink).

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!