Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Your heads are about to explode... Cavill.... Superman... and why a Brit is the best choice to play a superhero....

Really this one has something for everyone: British actors in American movies, the decline of the USA, and passing references to Andrew Garfield and even Heath Ledger!

Full article at length but here's the best bit:

I believe there’s been a certain feminisation of the American male,” said John Papsidera, The Dark Knight’s casting director. “[In the UK], men are still raised as men. Guys like Henry Cavill, there’s an easy masculinity to them.” An unnamed talent agent went further: “By the time a kid reaches 12 or 13 in America, if he’s displayed any talent, he’s steered towards athletics in high school. Kids who want to do theatre… they’re immediately labelled wimps, or – worse – fags.” Superhero dressing-up has perhaps become the ultimate test of one’s manhood.

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013

That's not what people who've seen the movie are saying - it's got an EMBARASSING 57% rating on RT, and everyone is talking about Cavill's wooden "acting".

by Anonymousreply 106/14/2013

I sincerely hope the person creating all these new Superman threads tonight is getting paid handsomely for it!

by Anonymousreply 206/14/2013

Wow, the Brits have become quite ultra-nationalist, now haven't they? The "we're the best! we're the best!" chants aren't just coming from the US anymore.

by Anonymousreply 306/14/2013

R3, I was gonna say, that piece reeks of insecurity. Usually, it's the Canadians who've had an inferiority complex being next to and overshadowed by the US. The UK has always had a holier-than-thou attitude toward the US, but now it seems they're trying to one-up America... by portraying Americans.

by Anonymousreply 406/14/2013

Actors from the UK come to the US, take roles, take money and then talk shit about Hollywood and the US. "It's the sunshine! That's the only reason why I do it. I like seeing the sun. But I only have a home in LA, I don't [italic] actually live there [/italic]. Well, only when I'm filming. I mean, London is the greatest city in the world. And I've got a tiny cottage in the Costwolds. I send my kids to British schools, god knows. Wouldn't want them... Well, [italic] you know [/italic] (wink).

by Anonymousreply 506/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.