Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So does this mean we're going to war against Syria?

I thought we've known for weeks Assad had been using chemical weapons against his populace. I don't see why else it's making national news in giant headlines today unless this means we're going to do serious military strikes against his regime.

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013

The first "chemical weapons" reports were proven to be US aided propaganda.

The NSA must have gotten some real chemical weapons (did you know bleach is a chemical weapon?) into Syria so they could justify invasion.

Bleach is a WMD!!!

Does anyone really believe the bullshit propaganda the USGov shits out? Does anyone really pay attention to the sycophantic media?

by Anonymousreply 106/13/2013

USA only goes to war with countries that have minerals to provide.

Syria has nothing.

by Anonymousreply 206/13/2013

I hope not. Bashar is cute!

by Anonymousreply 306/13/2013

Why must we police the world? Why must we commit American lives and finances towards a region that obviously does not want us sticking our noses in?

I am all for isolationism. The capitalist oligarchs want us to believe that this new globalism kick is the only way but it only benefits multinational corporations. I think if it was put to a vote by the American people, none of us would ever want to go to war in some foreign land.

Any war fought after WWII has been completely unnecessary. War profiteering has destroyed so much of what America could have been.

by Anonymousreply 406/13/2013

Why hasn't John McCain got cancer or something quicker?

by Anonymousreply 506/13/2013

Some newsers are reporting from insiders that it's because Hezbollah stepped in to assist Assad and there's rumor of an attack against the rebels in Aleppo.

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2013

Are there clear cut "good guys" and "bad guys" in Syria? Would we really have the rest of the world on our side if we intervened? Is Obama making threats so that the use of chemicals will be diminished? Is the UN really so useless?

by Anonymousreply 706/13/2013

Why Syria? There are countries worse off than Syria. Saudi Arabia is a good example. I wonder what the motives are because "the rebels" sure isn't it.

Saudi Arabia kills their fucking rebels.

by Anonymousreply 806/13/2013

proxy war - Assad, Hezbollah, Russia against the west (and Israel)

really not sure why Russia sent missiles, unless they're afraid of more instability in the region

by Anonymousreply 906/13/2013

I can't believe Assad didn't just step down. Take whatever you were probably going to pilfer from the treasury and flee to a friendly nation to live out the rest of your days. Don't stubbornly cling on like some animal with his mouth around it's prey while the rest of the world looks on in horror.

Now not only has he ruined any chance of finding asylum outside of Syria, but he has destroyed any chance he had of possibly governing the whole country effectively. You cannot rule a country if half of it's people want you dead. Of all the people he killed, he made enemies out of all their families and friends.

by Anonymousreply 1006/13/2013

Every war after WWII has been a proxy war if you think about it. The US vs Russia/China with both sides using third world countries as pawns in their big chess game.

by Anonymousreply 1106/13/2013

[quote]I can't believe Assad didn't just step down. Take whatever you were probably going to pilfer from the treasury and flee to a friendly nation to live out the rest of your days.

He could have faked his death and moved to an oceanfront McMansion in Punte del Este. It all worked out very well for Ken Lay.

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.