Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Enigmatic Daniel Day Lewis

Why does guy create so few films? I mean does he not care about putting food on the table. I checked imdb and he has one movie released every three to five years. This guy seriously...isn't he worried about the day he won't be able to work because he's too old. I often wonder what goes through his mind...

by Anonymousreply 2106/15/2013

His family has money. He has put away 30-40 million. He lives relatively frugally. And his wife is Arthur Fucking Miller's daughter.

What's to worry, trollette?

by Anonymousreply 106/13/2013

I think they've got enough money--he's worth several million dollars.

He just seems to do projects he likes. And why not?

by Anonymousreply 206/13/2013

He actually is paid slightly more than minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 306/13/2013

Does the Datalounge really need another troll fixated on a single actor and posts obsessively about that actor?

by Anonymousreply 406/13/2013

Shoes, OP, he's thinking about Italian shoes.

by Anonymousreply 506/13/2013

Actually, r2, he's worth 40 million dollars. It's good to be DDL

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2013

OP, you are an age queen, face it.

by Anonymousreply 706/13/2013

Maybe Janbot can jump in here and give us a figure for Daniel's net worth. She seems to have a direct pipeline from her basement into the financial worth of everyone in Hollywood. Remember she said that Janet was a ...lol...Billionaire?

by Anonymousreply 806/13/2013

I think because he throws himself so completely into a role he's smart to not do it too often.

by Anonymousreply 906/14/2013

What do you suppose he made that money off of? He doesn't get 20 million dollar paychecks does he? Does he get a piece of the back-end? What do you think he made off of Lincoln?

by Anonymousreply 1006/14/2013

I'm assuming he got big paychecks for Last of the Mohicans, the 2 Scorsese movies, Nine, and Lincoln - the big studio pictures. The rest I'm not so sure. He's probably getting between 5-10 mil per picture, so it could add up to 40. Now for sure he'll be able to get 10+ million per picture.

by Anonymousreply 1106/14/2013

He could well keep working until he's long past standard retirement age. Actors can do that, keep working as long as they're physically able, because someone's got to play the old-person supporting roles. DDL will get those roles as long as he's healthy and willing, he's highly respected and doesn't seem to attract bad press.

Seriously, if he handles his money well, he's one actor who can work as much as he likes.

by Anonymousreply 1206/15/2013

He is very thrifty with his money. I saw him once shopping at The Dollar Store.

by Anonymousreply 1306/15/2013

Does Daniel Day lewis eat at IHOP?

Does he listen to One Direction?

Has he ever had to get treatments for rabies because of a racoon bite?

Does he think black women should be ashamed of themselves for complaining that there's not enough eligible black men?

Has he ever been giggled at by little kids for saying a wirty lerd?

Has he ever done moderately serious cooking with an Easy-Bake oven?

Does he enjoy driving on concrete interstate highways as opposed to asphalt?

Has he ever personally tried to sabotage Iran's nuclear effort?

by Anonymousreply 1406/15/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1506/15/2013

I'd love to know how celebritynetworth works it all out.

I mean, he must have made some good money, but a fair whack goes on tax and management salaries and then just living. So how does he get to being worth so much? He doesn't do endorsements like Beckham.

And what does 'worth' mean anyway? I don't think 'he's worth this much' means the same as 'he has this much'. It's one of those floaty concepts ...

by Anonymousreply 1606/15/2013

I found him curiously sexy in NINE although he was completely miscast and couldn't sing the score at all.

by Anonymousreply 1706/15/2013

I think he's a sexy DILF. He looks good for his age. IFHH.

by Anonymousreply 1806/15/2013

It takes him a year to get into character and two to get out. Nobody goes more crazy method than DDL.

by Anonymousreply 1906/15/2013

He like the Ass Mastuh. He so mysterious!

by Anonymousreply 2006/15/2013

His wife has a blog, but I can't be bothered to read it.

by Anonymousreply 2106/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.