Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you find romance overly exaggerated in many films?

I think the way love was portrayed in Phantom of the Opera, for example, was extremely dramatic and unrealistic. I find it kind of weird and unrealistic that a man would fall madly in love with a woman and be unable to move on.

Was it because of Phantom's facial deformities that he couldn't get another girl. I mean so Christine chose the other guy over him but a guy with as much talent as Phantom would be able to find another woman. I mean women tend to focus on a man's abilities instead of his looks.

I watched the Phantom of the Opera and could not believe that after Christine died Phantom came back to put a rose on her grave. I mean couldn't he just move on?

Also does anyone find the way love is portrayed in Twilight creepy and uncomfortable?

And I absolutely hated the who Gale Hawthorne vs. Peeta in the Hunger Games.

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 106/13/2013

I don't know about those movies, haven't seen them, but I don't know why romance always has to be included in most films. I could do without that.

by Anonymousreply 206/13/2013

I'm so confused by this post it's giving me a headache. You have given me a headache, OP.

by Anonymousreply 306/13/2013

Didn't Joe Dimaggio leave a flower at Marilyn's grave every year?

by Anonymousreply 406/13/2013

That's right, OP. A story about an obsessive supernatural fiend haunting an opera house should be realistic and non-dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 506/13/2013

I was just going to mention DiMaggio. He wasn't able to move on. He never remarried after Marilyn and often dated Marilyn clones. And for 20 years after her death, he had roses sent to her grave every week. He eventually stopped because they kept being stolen as souvenirs and he thought the money could be better put to use toward charities in Marilyn's name.

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!