Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Democratic Sen. Landrieu says South Dakota borders Canada

[quote]“A smart fence which is what Sen. McCain and I want to build — since he’s from Arizona, I think he knows more about this than the senator from South Dakota who doesn’t have a border with Mexico, but only Canada and that is quite different"

Smart fence, dumb-ass Senator.

Plus, why does she think she's an expert? Does she think her state (LA) borders Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 1706/16/2013

Mary's having a bad week. Her son was arrested on DWI and hit and run charges in the French Quarter this morning.

by Anonymousreply 106/13/2013

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 206/13/2013

She misspoke. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 306/13/2013

It might as well. Have you BEEN to North Dakota?

by Anonymousreply 406/13/2013

Damn, Landrieu sounds ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 506/13/2013

That stupid cunt is worthless. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2013

What R6 says. southern Dems don't count when they're to the right of a northern Rep.

by Anonymousreply 706/13/2013

They count in determining who controls the Senate so sometimes you have to back an imperfect candidate. They usually come from places where a better Democrat would lose. Sometimes they surprise you. Who would have expected Sen. Manchin to take a lead on gun control?

by Anonymousreply 806/13/2013

She's an idiot. She's also part of that Louisiana machine, Huey Long. He did great things but also very fucked up things.

by Anonymousreply 906/13/2013

Interesting... I actually made the exact same mistake yesterday. I was talking to a co-worker about his home state, North Dakota. I know exactly where he's from and yet in our conversation I slipped and said South Dakota. I didn't even realize it until he corrected me.

I can give her a pass on this.

by Anonymousreply 1006/13/2013

R8 is right. As infuriating as their right-wing influence is, there are times when these conservative Democrats are the margin between victory and defeat for important legislation.

by Anonymousreply 1106/13/2013

She's an idiot and a sellout and we need to run a progressive against her in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013

LOL, R12!

Just for fun-- where do you live?

by Anonymousreply 1306/14/2013

Boy are you ever an idiot R12. You actually think a progressive Democrat stands a chance in Louisiana? You obviously don't know much about Southern states like Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 1406/14/2013

Bill Clinton was able to win Louisiana twice.

by Anonymousreply 1506/15/2013

A real progressive would win Louisiana (BL was not a real progressive, and that was Arkansas anyway). LA voters resent anyone with a fifth grade education, which opens huge scope for a straight populist campaign against the rich and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 1606/16/2013

Giver her a break. Her son was just arrested this week for driving drunk the wrong way down Bourbon Street and hitting a pedestrian.

by Anonymousreply 1706/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!