Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Democratic Sen. Landrieu says South Dakota borders Canada

[quote]“A smart fence which is what Sen. McCain and I want to build — since he’s from Arizona, I think he knows more about this than the senator from South Dakota who doesn’t have a border with Mexico, but only Canada and that is quite different"

Smart fence, dumb-ass Senator.

Plus, why does she think she's an expert? Does she think her state (LA) borders Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 1706/16/2013

Mary's having a bad week. Her son was arrested on DWI and hit and run charges in the French Quarter this morning.

by Anonymousreply 106/13/2013

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 206/13/2013

She misspoke. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 306/13/2013

It might as well. Have you BEEN to North Dakota?

by Anonymousreply 406/13/2013

Damn, Landrieu sounds ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 506/13/2013

That stupid cunt is worthless. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2013

What R6 says. southern Dems don't count when they're to the right of a northern Rep.

by Anonymousreply 706/13/2013

They count in determining who controls the Senate so sometimes you have to back an imperfect candidate. They usually come from places where a better Democrat would lose. Sometimes they surprise you. Who would have expected Sen. Manchin to take a lead on gun control?

by Anonymousreply 806/13/2013

She's an idiot. She's also part of that Louisiana machine, Huey Long. He did great things but also very fucked up things.

by Anonymousreply 906/13/2013

Interesting... I actually made the exact same mistake yesterday. I was talking to a co-worker about his home state, North Dakota. I know exactly where he's from and yet in our conversation I slipped and said South Dakota. I didn't even realize it until he corrected me.

I can give her a pass on this.

by Anonymousreply 1006/13/2013

R8 is right. As infuriating as their right-wing influence is, there are times when these conservative Democrats are the margin between victory and defeat for important legislation.

by Anonymousreply 1106/13/2013

She's an idiot and a sellout and we need to run a progressive against her in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013

LOL, R12!

Just for fun-- where do you live?

by Anonymousreply 1306/14/2013

Boy are you ever an idiot R12. You actually think a progressive Democrat stands a chance in Louisiana? You obviously don't know much about Southern states like Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 1406/14/2013

Bill Clinton was able to win Louisiana twice.

by Anonymousreply 1506/15/2013

A real progressive would win Louisiana (BL was not a real progressive, and that was Arkansas anyway). LA voters resent anyone with a fifth grade education, which opens huge scope for a straight populist campaign against the rich and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 1606/16/2013

Giver her a break. Her son was just arrested this week for driving drunk the wrong way down Bourbon Street and hitting a pedestrian.

by Anonymousreply 1706/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.