Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Looks Like Someone Had Some Work Done

To be Debbie Harry and 67...

by Anonymousreply 5006/19/2013

Looks like photoshop to me.

by Anonymousreply 106/13/2013

Well yea, R1 EVERY photo that is published is photoshoped to some degree.

by Anonymousreply 206/13/2013

Her hands are so...supple.

What did Madonna do that was so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 306/13/2013

Debbie's carried extra weight since 1982, which kept her hands plumped.

Heroin also pickles you, like formaldehyde.

by Anonymousreply 406/13/2013

You know you're old when they ink you up with heavy black eyeliner, lashes... then shine a prison searchlight on your face. Everything gets whited out, like an Andy Warhol silk screen.

by Anonymousreply 506/13/2013

r5, Barbara Cartland used to carry a flashlight to shine on her own face during interview to do just that.

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2013

She looks great! I have seen her a few times over the years. In the '90's, she let herself go. She was a great beauty in her day. Why not have a wonderful face-lift>? I love her!

by Anonymousreply 706/13/2013

R7 The first time I saw her face to face was in the 90s and yea, she looked like hell then. And she was fat. She actually looks better now than she did then.

by Anonymousreply 806/13/2013

I saw her in concert in the Twenty Os and she looked good but in a plastic surgery/botoxed enhanced type of way.Debby was adopted, I have always wondered what her "birth" ethnicity is. Whatever it is,she was fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 906/13/2013

She has to change her face because Madonna stole her original face.

by Anonymousreply 1006/13/2013

She and Kate Pierson have the 65+ botox market cornered.

by Anonymousreply 1106/13/2013

She's looking a little "Morgan Fairchild" but that's fine.

She didn't go full-cryptkeeper.

by Anonymousreply 1206/13/2013

Debs has already admitted to having a face lift, so most posting here must not be longtime fans, otherwise you would have know this fact has been known for many years.

She says she was not against plastic surgery and other procedures. Debbie also looks good because she never had children to stress her out!

Debbie mentioned in a print interview many years ago, that she thought she might have been Marilyn Monroe's daughter, she thought Marilyn might have secretly given birth and given up a baby. I guess that was because Debbie knew she was adopted and the fact that so many people kept telling her she looked so much like Marilyn.

by Anonymousreply 1306/13/2013

You want to see what 70 looks like? Joni Mitchell looks ALL of her 70 years. Of course her nasty smoking habit hasn't helped matters.

by Anonymousreply 1406/13/2013

Ooh, good story R13. Debbie must be Scandinavian in some way. The cheekbones Madonna now mimics with implants. Where was Deb born?

by Anonymousreply 1506/13/2013

Joni Mitchell looks like she could star in "Driving Miss Daisy II".

by Anonymousreply 1606/13/2013

R15, IIRC, Debbie was born in New Jersey or at least that's where she grew up, she could have been adopted from another state.

by Anonymousreply 1706/13/2013

Oh my god - Joni!

I'm much older than I think I am. I think I need a nap.

by Anonymousreply 1806/13/2013

Deborah mentioned Stephen Sprouse- oh i am feeling so old.

by Anonymousreply 1906/13/2013

Debbie was born in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 2006/13/2013

When we saw Joni Mitchell on The National, my husband asked if she was made up for the role of Frau Blucher in the Young Frankenstein musical.

by Anonymousreply 2106/13/2013

My dad's a sound tech and has worked with her a bunch of times. R17 she was born in Florida but was raised in NJ. Last dad heard she was living in a very secluded house on the river in Red Bank. My dad tells this funny story about how one time she was doing a show at the Stone Pony and some guy who she must have gone to high school with was there and passed their school year book up to the stage with a note asking her to sign it. She didnt see the note, smiled said thank you then passed it off to a roadie to put in the bin they had for when people would pass gifts and flowers up to the stage. After the show this guy is out at her bus having a melt down. He wanted his yearbook back! (at this point in the story my dad hesitantly admits the guy was obviously gay...which I kind of think makes it funnier) Anyway, he got the yearbook back, signed once the misunderstanding was cleared up.

I think she looks great in these pics. Yea, she's had work done, but at least she still looks like Debbie Harry. Im glad to see she didnt go the way Dolly Parton or Marlo Thomas did. Those two dont even look like the same women anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2206/13/2013

Gawd, for Joni 70 is the new 90.

by Anonymousreply 2306/13/2013

It's a picture for an article; of course it's going to be photoshopped.

She looks good for her age but not THAT good. And yes, she's obviously had work done.

by Anonymousreply 2406/13/2013

Joni Mitchell doesn't need to look sexy. She was never a sex symbol; she's admired for her songwriting, not her looks. It was never about looks for Joni Mitchell.

Debbie WAS a sex symbol, a truly beautiful woman. I never thought she was a major talent, but Blondie did put out some good music back in the day.

I have NEVER understood why Madonna was ever considered an attractive or sexually desirable human being. I've seen early pictures of her; she was nothing in the looks department. I will say this for her; her drive to create herself as a sex symbol was second to none. Not only that, she was nothing as a dancer, nothing as a singer, nothing as a musician. But she made herself into a star. That is her great achievement: despite having no looks or talent she made herself into a star. Of course she did it in the most hackneyed way possible: making everything she did all about sex. But due to her inhuman determination she managed to pull it off. She's still hanging on to that, even though she's in her fiftes and looks like a retard with her tits and ass hanging out in public. Someone should tell it's over and she's not "sexy" anymore, just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 2506/13/2013

She looks tremendous.

But she has to wear a wig now; she bleached all her hair off.

by Anonymousreply 2606/13/2013

What are you talking about r25. Madonna is a great dancer.

by Anonymousreply 2706/13/2013

I think Joni looks great and natural for 70. She's SEVENTY for heaven's sake. What/who should you look like -- Jane "Formaldehyde" Fonda, Goldie "Samson" Hawn, Sophia "What's Plastic Surgery" Loren? Joni hung out with the guys and is/was respected. And she's cute!

by Anonymousreply 2806/13/2013

As far as her ethnicity, with her facial bone structure, I always assumed she might be of Ukrainian or Russian descent.

by Anonymousreply 2906/13/2013

Debbie (first) had a face lift yeeeears ago after she lost all the weight and did comeback attempt # What?

Saw her a few years ago. Kind of a sad, desperate attempt to look younger and hide aged hands with gloves and something not unlike hose on her old arms

Memo to Madge: Debbie Harry a cautionary tale

by Anonymousreply 3006/13/2013

"It was never about looks for Joni Mitchell."

BULLSHIT! She was a former model and she never shut up about it. I'm not questioning her talent or accomplishments, but she was not "above it all" when it came to her appearance.

Having said that, she does look a bit like Livia Soprano via the Ivy League. But it is actually interesting to see a woman look her age. Although, her hair would be completely white by now.

by Anonymousreply 3106/13/2013

I remember Deb Harry, fat and drugged up in the French Quarter of New Orleans. She was the New Years Eve act for the OZ disco, back in the 80s. She looked like hell.

by Anonymousreply 3206/13/2013

Debbie embarked on her hand-beautifying regimen (a.k.a. porking out) in 1982:

by Anonymousreply 3306/13/2013

Didn't/doesn't Joni smoke a huge amount? That would do it.

And lots of sun, like the good little flowerchild she was.

by Anonymousreply 3406/14/2013

Who are you referring to r26? I've heard that Madge has hair issues but not Debbie. I think Debbie looks better now than she has looked over the last 15 years. This most recent face work is good. She still retains the features that make her 'Debbie'. Madge fucked her face in late 2009/10 - her eyes, cheeks, chin and hairline. It's not her face anymore. Debbie's got a good few years on Madonna and she looks better than her now.

by Anonymousreply 3506/14/2013

who is debbie Harry's surgeon? really does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 3606/14/2013

I saw Blondie a few months ago near the end of their small theater tour. It was a great show, and Debbie was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 3706/14/2013

Joni Mitchell's face always had something lon-chaney-as-the-phantom about it. Those nostrils.

Debbie Harry might be Polish. Lots of good-looking older blonde Polish women about, like Martha Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 3806/14/2013

Is Joni still trying to pass herself off as Sami? First she claimed First Nation heritage, then later claimed Sami heritage. A Norwegian journalist tracked her ancestry and found there is no Sami blood in the family.

by Anonymousreply 3906/14/2013

Supposedly Debbie's surgeon is Sherrell Aston, best in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 4006/14/2013

Debbie ballooned after 'Koo Koo' and 'The Hunter', then pulled herself together for 1989's 'Def, Dumb and Blonde', but it was temporary.

Seems like she hit the ice cream hard after each failed album.

by Anonymousreply 4106/14/2013

R7, I remember meeting you in the 90s. You looked like hell warmed over darling. How did the hair plugs work out?

by Anonymousreply 4206/14/2013

Harry is really short. Short women have a harder time keeping their weight down as they age.

She looks great:

by Anonymousreply 4306/14/2013

seen in London with Lourdes~!

by Anonymousreply 4406/19/2013

Debbie does look very 'shopped in the first photo, but the second one is much better/more authentic.

by Anonymousreply 4506/19/2013

Speaking of that..No threads on Cher's performance and wig last night?

by Anonymousreply 4606/19/2013

Considering the drugs and the kind of rock and roll life she's lived I'd say she looks miraculously wonderful. She has good genes but she's also been very open about her plastic surgery.

The poster above is right that she looks like one of those beautiful older Polish ladies.

by Anonymousreply 4706/19/2013

[quote]The poster above is right that she looks like one of those beautiful older Polish ladies.

I have a friend who is Hungarian and she could pass for Debbie Harry's much younger clone. Wide jaw, kind of flat face, tiny nose, sensuous lips. She is (as Debbie was in her youth) a total stunner. Ive actually seen guys fall over themselves looking at her.

by Anonymousreply 4806/19/2013

[quote]Debbie mentioned in a print interview many years ago, that she thought she might have been Marilyn Monroe's daughter, she thought Marilyn might have secretly given birth and given up a baby. I guess that was because Debbie knew she was adopted and the fact that so many people kept telling her she looked so much like Marilyn.

She obviously needs to added to the stars who are psychotic thread.

by Anonymousreply 4906/19/2013

Debbie thought she might have been MM daughter when she was a child. Its not uncommon for adopted children to fantasize about who their real parents could be. That doesnt make her psychotic R49. That makes her normal.

by Anonymousreply 5006/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!