Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Glenn Close debuts in community theatre!

poor dear. at least the scarf covers her hips.

by Mreply 2303/05/2014

It's pretty terrible. She looks like a younger Meryl in Mama Mia.

by Mreply 106/12/2013

Both of you are losers!

by Mreply 206/12/2013

She should have worn that to the Golden Globes. More flattering.

by Mreply 306/12/2013

R1 Excuse me?

by Mreply 406/12/2013

I was there, too.

by Mreply 506/12/2013

Spielberg says film is over!!!! TV is in!!!! Suck it Meryl!!!

by Mreply 606/12/2013

G, I was outraged,OUTRAGED when you received no credit for playing the ET. And with no make-up.

Now that is acting! I'm sure that with time and better choices you will be my better. I know it's true darling. I just know it.

by Mreply 706/13/2013

Meryl was an inspiration for Jurassic Park. The long crooked nose of seldom violent dinosaurs is an obvious homage, as is the response of awe and horror to the spectacle and mass of the creatures.

Less well known is that the ground breaking animatronics were also modeled after a compilation of Streep's performances.

So lifelike.

by Mreply 806/13/2013

Oh M, it was a BENEFIT. I see though that your people would never tell you about the concept: lots of fun, but no baubles to win! BENEFIT - for OTHER PEOPLE! Not your thing at all.

by Mreply 906/13/2013

How did Martin Short weazel his way in there?

by Mreply 1006/13/2013

What a brave and beautiful actress. She is so over she's decided to slum with the likes of Kevin Kline and Martin Short.Look has been in the dictionary and it has their pictures under it!Eric Idle has never been relevant if you count being part of a UK comedy show that some snobs ate up with a passion.

by Mreply 1106/13/2013

R7 = Armistead Maupin

by Mreply 1206/13/2013

Is M jealous of G because the latter is from a well-heeled New England family whereas Meryl is basically white trash from New Jersey?

by Mreply 1306/13/2013

Jonathan Groff is fat.

What is the writing on Glenn's arm? Her lyrics??

by Mreply 1406/15/2013

Meryl, wouldn't that be the same community theatre where you appeared in Trelawny of the Wells, Henry V, and The Seagull? Also, nice of you to donate $1 million to the community theatre. I guess they can now afford a new spotlight.

by Mreply 1506/15/2013

Don't laugh. She takes what she can get.

by Mreply 1603/04/2014

These tiresome threads are two middle aged queens talking to themselves, convinced "M" and "G" is the absolute height of campy fun.

Enjoy boys!

by Mreply 1703/04/2014

Oh dear. A camp production? Glenn singing? Kevin and Patti singing yes. Glenn? No.

by Mreply 1803/04/2014

Glenn is still the definitive Nellie Forbush.

by Mreply 1903/05/2014

EW SOUTH PACIFIC review:

[italic]WHOA, NELLIE! Glenn Close knew it was a bit of a stretch for her to play Nellie Forbush, the lovestruck nurse who falls for an older French plantation owner (a role typically played by an ingenue), in ABC's upcoming 'South Pacific' adaptation. 'It was the hardest thing to get over -- I'm not an ingenue,' says the 53 year old actress, who decided to make the issue moot by taking the emphasis off of physical features. 'I had this little revelation that my Nellie [wouldn't] really spend a lot of time on what she looks like. That freed me to be who I am.'

It seemed to work: Nobody so much as flinched over at the Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization upon seeing the final cut. According to the group's spokesman Bert Fink, 'Mary Rodgers [Richard Rodgers' daughter] says this is the best acted 'South Pacific' she's ever seen.' As for some of those youthful songs, such as 'A Cockeyed Optimist' and 'I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair,' Close says, 'I think you can be a cockeyed optimist no matter what your age. It doesn't mean you're stupid. Nellie makes a decision not to be skeptical about life. She's moved by nature and she keeps herself open to that kind of thing. I thought I could do that.'

Close wasn't so confident about playing another musical legend: She gave a thumbs down to an offer to tackle the starring role in ABC's upcoming production of 'Mame.' Besides, it was tough enough getting 'South Pacific' (which costars Harry Connick Jr. and Robert Pastorelli) produced. ABC was nervous about committing to the musical, which received a greenlight before 1997's 'Cinderella' became a network hit. ''South Pacific' was more expensive than usual,' says Close of the rumored $14 million budget. 'When you ask people to spend that much money they get nervous. But I must say we've gotten a thousand percent support from them.' Now, we'll see if the ratings make for an enchanted evening.[/italic]

Glenn as Mame? Interesting.

by Mreply 2003/05/2014

[quote[Close wasn't so confident about playing another musical legend: She gave a thumbs down to an offer to tackle the starring role in ABC's upcoming production of 'Mame.'

Whatever became of that MAME TV production? That sentence makes it sound like it was proceeding, Close or no Close.

by Mreply 2103/05/2014
Need more help? Click Here.