Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think Man Of Steel will bomb?

Thoughts? From the trailer, it looks good, but who knows. It'd be sad if it bombed like the Green Lantern. But then again, I think I read somewhere else that MOS took in 82 million in foreign box office. That's not bad if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 1809/15/2013

I'm not sexually attracted to Henry Cavill (he and Matt Bomer are not my type) nor fan of Superman, never, but DL is making me a soft spot Henry and wanting to give it a look.

by Anonymousreply 106/12/2013

Yes. Middling reviews, general fatigue with superhero movies, and an overinflated budget means that Man of Steel won't recoup it's investment. It'll make a lot of money, but it won't see a profit.

It will be the first of the movies that Spielberg describes in this article.

by Anonymousreply 206/12/2013

I think it will be a massive hit, even though it has been described as "pleasure-free," "joyless" and a "downer."

by Anonymousreply 306/12/2013

Henry Cavill and Matt Bomer keep me soft too r1.

A superhero should be sexless, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 406/12/2013

Already has

by Anonymousreply 506/13/2013

It's breaking box office records right now.

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2013

They should have taught David Gandy to act and cast him. That spread he did for Vogue or whatever showed that looks-wise he was the perfect Superman.

by Anonymousreply 706/13/2013

The movie is getting great reviews and my friends who think comic book movies are silly are all excited about it.

It isn't going to be the all time opener, but it will not bomb.

by Anonymousreply 806/13/2013

Went to the premier, and I LOVED it! Henry Cavell plays the perfect Superman. Lots of action here, but less action with Lois Lane. šŸ˜‰

by Anonymousreply 906/13/2013

^^^^^^ This.

by Anonymousreply 1006/13/2013

Huge publicity drive - I keep hearing or seeing about it, so I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 1106/13/2013

The latest MAD magazine!

by Anonymousreply 1206/13/2013

I keep double-taking when I see Henry Cavill because I think it's Matt Bomer at first but Cavil has a massive/bulky torso, so it's weird.

by Anonymousreply 1306/13/2013

Seriously, has Marvel told its army of fanboys to spend all their spare time telling the Internet that "Man of Steel" is going to bomb?

by Anonymousreply 1406/13/2013

I don't think it's Marvel fanboys. I think it's people who are sick of superhero movies, and see it for what it is, a cheap cash-in made quickly before the rights expired.

by Anonymousreply 1506/13/2013

R7, Yummy. Does David Gandy have the talent to be the next Bond? Not everyone can be taught to act but at least his pics show a wide variety of facial expressions. (Oh, and is he at least bi?)

by Anonymousreply 1606/13/2013

I think Cavill is BI.

by Anonymousreply 1709/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 1809/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!