Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This has to be a first on Datalounge

It's 2 days until Man of Steel's opening and there are many threads being posted right now either on him personally, or newspaper articles for the past couple of days and there are very few responders to them.

Cavill is really hot but no one on DL gives a flying fuck. Could it be that he's so boring that even his looks couldn't save him? I mean this has never happened before.

by Anonymousreply 1706/14/2013

Brandon Routh 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 206/12/2013

He doesn't seem to be making much of an impression on reviewers either.

by Anonymousreply 306/12/2013

He was really cute in the first thing I saw him in, some period drama on a premium cable channel--I mean, astonishingly good-looking. But either he hasn't aged well or he's one of the few men in the world who look better clean-shaven, and these days he always has a three-day-or-longer beard. I'm surprised, too.

by Anonymousreply 406/12/2013

[quote]Could it be that he's so boring that even his looks couldn't save him?

by Anonymousreply 506/12/2013

I think it's because many of us are disappointed that he's a closet case who has gone full Hollywood and gotten a beard.

When Henry was younger he was not officially out, but he did not engage in this type of bearding. He was more genuine and open to being who he was and was not afraid to be seen at gay bars in West Hollywood (eg. East/West Lounge) and was not afraid to be seen out with Corey Spears.

by Anonymousreply 606/12/2013

That can't be it, r6. Datalounge obsesses over a celebrity until the very moment that celebrity comes out, THEN they lose interest. Judging by your post, there should be multi-part threads devoted to him with 500+ replies.

by Anonymousreply 706/12/2013

I just watched him in Cold Light of Day. He has no "IT" factor. He has no swagger or charisma. He has no natural aura of confidence. And I didn't find myself rooting for him to succeed.

And he looked constipated all the time. He needs to relax and look like he's enjoying...something (although maybe that's why they chose him from that dark and gloomy Superman movie).

by Anonymousreply 806/12/2013

[quote]Cavill is really hot but no one on DL gives a flying fuck.

Nice to see you again, but I thought you were so occupied with something else outside DL? Do you have any twitter account?

by Anonymousreply 1006/12/2013

There are literally millions of incredibly hot men in the world. Doesn't mean that all of them are lead actor material.

You really do have to wonder though, with all of the struggling actors trying to make it in Hollywood, if charisma-free pretty boys like Cavill are truly the best they can do. The main problem is probably that studio execs and other higher-ups in the Hollywood hierarchy lack an eye for true talent themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1106/12/2013

[quote]Seems like the work of panicked studio shills who know Man of Steel will be a colossal bomb.

Since they just greenlit the sequel and fast-tracked it, they must be more confident than you imagine.

by Anonymousreply 1206/13/2013

Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 1406/13/2013

This is what happened. He used his hot bubble butt to land the role, but once he got it, he suddenly closed shop. The execs got tired of his excuses for not wanting to be their muscle fuck toy anymore, so they're teaching him a lesson. That's it, if he wants success, he needs to give up his ass once again.

by Anonymousreply 1506/13/2013

r1? Enough. Quit trying to make that happen.

by Anonymousreply 1606/13/2013

Could you translate that into English please, R15?

by Anonymousreply 1706/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!