Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why isn't Henry Cavill more sought after?

He's been turned down for James Bond, he's been turned down for Twilight. I searched youtube and saw he only had an interview with Jay Leno, no interviews with Larry King, no Oprah, and not even Jim Ferguson. This poor poor guy isn't really that big in Hollywood, is he.

I saw the interview he had with Jay Leno and was very sad to hear him say, "I've been so used to hearing no for 13 years now that when Zack Snyder wanted to me to do Superman, I was surprised because I had not prepared myself for a yes."

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2014

He has the kind of look that doesn't fit in the larger range, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 106/12/2013

His look isn't the problem. In fact, that's the sole reason he's had a CAA agent for years. He's bben on the radar but rarely gets the jobs because he's absolutely dull in real life & on screen. No charisma or sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 206/12/2013

"No charisma or sex appeal". True. But that hasn't stopped the other 85% of actors in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 306/12/2013

He's so stunningly handsome, bit he never lets go in his acting. He's like a statue come to life.

by Anonymousreply 406/12/2013

So Robert Pattinson's got sex appeal?

by Anonymousreply 506/12/2013

I agree with the no charisma and no sex appeal, but it's also that's he's too handsome for most roles.

by Anonymousreply 606/12/2013

Is there a Henry Cavill troll on here?

by Anonymousreply 706/12/2013

r3 Nope. Even the crappy actors give interesting interviews. Cavill comes across as boring. And his acting doesn't overcome this flaw.

by Anonymousreply 806/12/2013

As our hero, Henry Cavill looks like, well, a freaking god. (An Immortal?) But I'm afraid that on the rare occasion that he's required to do anything more than fix his gaze on the horizon, he's completely flat, his line delivery monotone and featureless. It's possible he was directed to speak like the vocal equivalent of waiting room wall color, but I have my suspicions about his abilities as an actor. He leaves exactly no impression beyond his almost too-chiseled good looks, though (dis)credit for that must also be given to the writing and directing, which throws us into the story without every really introducing us to our hero.

by Anonymousreply 906/12/2013

PR Shill. Go. A. WAY. Stop trying to make closet case Henry Cavill and his failed summer blockbuster happen.

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013

R11 You're REALLY creepy. You obviously don't know how trolldar works, do you? All we have to do is click on it to see that you're the one bumping all these thread about him with stupid shit like "He's so dreamy!" and "I love him!"

Honestly, you sound like a freak.

by Anonymousreply 1306/14/2013

The troll is probably Gina man jaw Carano.

by Anonymousreply 1406/14/2013

Has he spent much time with the beard lately, R14?

by Anonymousreply 1506/15/2013

Henry cavill is persinstant and loves his job, he has been rejected and knocked down before but he is still standing among the big names in Hollywood right,he'll be just fine. His roles in Tudors n cold light o day required much more than staring into the horizon and I think he did a pretty good job. Besides he is still young as an actor, he has scope. And since when did having good looks become a crime and a black spot in Hollywood and if that's the case then what about actors like Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Tom cruise..... It's very easy to criticize.

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2014

R16, you are responding to an EIGHTEEN MONTH OLD THREAD.

R16 = worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 1711/27/2014

Hmm,well just now came across it.

by Anonymousreply 1811/27/2014

by Anonymousreply 1911/27/2014

by Anonymousreply 2011/27/2014

by Anonymousreply 2111/27/2014

by Anonymousreply 2211/27/2014

by Anonymousreply 2311/27/2014

That was all from The Tudors

by Anonymousreply 2411/27/2014

Loved him on The Tudors, but he was a utter failure as Superman. One of the worst reviewed performances for that year.

by Anonymousreply 2511/27/2014

That is one big meaty butt on that lad!!

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!