Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke

I'm not even sure I like this song, but I can't get it out of my head, so clearly it's got something. But the video, the video. Robin Thicke comes across like a complete douchebag standing there all smug, Pharell comes off as very cute, and TI is disposable. It's also a very offensive video, but there are lots of those, so whatever.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 3307/24/2013

The road well trodden.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 106/12/2013

How about the fact at 3:51 mins into the video there's a sign that says "Robin Thicke has a Big Dick"?. Proof?

I saw a version with everything spelled out.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 206/12/2013

r2

Spelled out? Please elaborate.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 306/12/2013

Have you seen the uncensored version????

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 406/12/2013

That's the G-rated version. There's another version with (female) nudity.

I wonder what fundie prude Kirk Cameron thinks about this. Surely he and Robin knew each other back when Robin's dad was on Growing Pains.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 506/12/2013

I don't think Robin Thicke comes across as "a complete douchebag" at all and he does not appear smug in the video.

And I don't think the video is 'offensive'.

And yes, women want him and rightly so.

He is great looking, sexy, talented, and an excellent performer.

I adore Robin Thicke.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 606/12/2013

R5 see R4

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 706/12/2013

R2. He's got a nice bulge.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 806/21/2013

Love Robin Thicke! He's one of the few male artists making quality R&B music, and he's not afraid to have fun.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 906/21/2013

He's trying o hard to copy Justin Timberlake.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1106/21/2013

Actually r11, Justin Timberlake copied Robin Thicke. Thicke has been making music since the late 90s and his image was the same back then as it is now.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1206/21/2013

R11 knows very little about music if he thinks Justin Timberlake is the original anything. Very sad.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1306/21/2013

Robin Thicke. Well, is he?

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1406/21/2013

Let's face it, anyone who hates this song hates life. It's the same as the people who complained about "Crazy in Love" 10 years ago. Dread to think what they'd be like at a party. Whether it's "lowbrow" is hardly the point, there is such a thing as fun you know.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1506/21/2013

I loved Crazy In Love, still love it. But I don't like this song.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1606/21/2013

My thoughts as I watched the uncensored version:

1) Robin Thicke has beautiful eyes. I wonder if they colored them in post?

2) Those girls look like complete morons clomping across the set like Paris Hilton.

3) This must be how straight guys would feel if they watched a Cazwell video.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1706/21/2013

Yeah, you sound like a lot of fun, R15. What a lemming.

I couldn't resist Crazy In Love but easily avoid this twaddle. The constant wearing of sunglasses indoors definitely qualifies Robin Thicke as a douche. Hiring a bunch of models to dance around you topless, even more so.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1806/21/2013

R18. All of the models probably had to scrape the donut glaze off their thongs after dancing around in front of him all day.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 1906/21/2013

Wow, that comment was pretty nasty...r19.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2006/21/2013

The phrase "blurred lines" is not very alliterative or melodic, while like the rest of the lyrics are very much so. Sounds like they should have used different words there, and retitled the song altogether.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2106/21/2013

"Let's face it, anyone who hates this song hates life."

Let's face it, you're full of shit.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2206/21/2013

I think the song sucks. but I've always hated pop songs that basically just lift a sample from a classic tune and loop it over and over with a slightly different tempo or bass line. (in this case, don't stop).

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2306/21/2013

The 2000's version of "Simply Irrisistable".

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2406/21/2013

The song is okay by FM radio standards, but damn, that video is unbelievably weak and derivative.

Using random models in your video was old when George Michael did it in 1990. And mostly-naked models against a generic off-white background? Rèally? They couldn't think of anything else?

How about Robin Thicke naked, waving his ostensibly big dick around? Now that would at least have been worth censoring.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2506/21/2013

[quote]Using random models in your video was old when George Michael did it in 1990

A least George used gorgeous supermodels, not flavor of the month, generic sticks with no charisma.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2606/21/2013

[quote]How about Robin Thicke naked, waving his ostensibly big dick around? Now that would at least have been worth censoring.

That would be gross. The models are not showing their crotches, just the breasts. Robin parading without a shirt on would be okay.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2706/21/2013

The same PC police who have the bloodhounds after Paula Deen are saying that this video is about rape.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2806/21/2013

R28. Isn't it sad that some people are hell bent on making sure every action has a victim? It's like a battalion of michfest attending attorneys are controlling social media.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 2906/21/2013

No, Thicke and Deen are not even remotely similar.

Paula Deen is a vile racist and deserved to be fired.

Robin Thicke is a sexy beast and tits in music videos are no big deal.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 3006/21/2013

I had heard of the controversy about this song but wasn't connecting it with the song on the radio.

The song reminds me of Prince in the 80s.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 3106/26/2013

I like the song quite a bit, but the video is stupid. He comes across as trying too hard given how old he is.

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 3207/24/2013

36 is old?!

by Paula Patton's tear-streaked pillowreply 3307/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.