Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

AAAAAAUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGH!

"Diana" trailer is out.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 4206/21/2013

Looks very bland. At least they got the hair right for some scenes.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 106/12/2013

I watched the trailer and I immediately scribbled the future chorus of my very adaptable "Candle" song:

Well it seems to me they show your life

Like it was all shutterbugs and sin

And that awful Chungking hairdo

Needs a little less gel in

They claim that James Hewitt boned you

And that Harry is his kid

Your pageant burned out long ago

But your legend never did

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 206/12/2013

It must be a tough acting role trying to portray someone as popular as Princess Diana.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 306/12/2013

"At least they got the hair right for some scenes."

Is this another Dreamgirls remake with better wigs?

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 406/13/2013

OMG, I want to cry!!

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 506/13/2013

It looks bad plus Kate has upstaged Diana now, no one except very old queens remember Di, sad as it is, everyone has moved on.

Plus Kate is having a baby soon and that will upstage everything again.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 606/13/2013

Kate hasn't reached the level of fame Diana did (and William wouldn't want her to). She's too old and stupid to be anything but a fashion plate.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 706/13/2013

r7 I beg your pardon. She is classy and well educated. Further, everyone in the UK and the USA as well as the world absolutely adores her.

You sound like an old bitter queen.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 806/13/2013

2 billion people watched Kate & William's wedding.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 906/13/2013

"You sound like an old bitter queen."

And now for a bit of the Queen's English: Eat Me!

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1006/13/2013

[quote]Further, everyone in the UK and the USA as well as the world absolutely adores her.

Oh, god, the delusional Kate Middleton fangurl (r6/r8/r9) is back again.

Fashion critics, cultural critics agree that Kate Middleton is as dull as dishwater. She's not interesting, and she will never reach Diana's iconic status. Diana changed the Royal institution forever, and that's another thing, the monarchy won't even exist by the time this century is out. Middleton comes from an extremely trashy family. I don't even know if Kate wants to be another Diana. She almost seems to want to live her life in private, which is fine.

[quote]2 billion people watched Kate & William's wedding.

Were you alive in the early 1980s? They didn't have the web back then, hon.

[italic]Kate is very very popular[/italic]

lol. You're adorable.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1106/13/2013

R11. The saying is "Dull as ditch water."

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1206/13/2013

I always thought it was "dull as dishwater," too, R12. Are you UKish?

"Dishwater" yields 141,000 hits, "ditchwater," 79,200.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1306/13/2013

r6 is 15 years old.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1406/13/2013

Diana attracted not only those interested in the royal family as Kate does. She got the fashion crowd, the humanitarian crowd, the spurned woman crowd and, in death, the martyr crowd. Tough to beat.

Tough, but not impossible.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1506/13/2013

The phrase started as "dull as ditch water," but "dishwater" is perfectly acceptable (since dishwater is indeed also dull) and is in fact more popular now.

r12 is being a prissy pedant.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1606/13/2013

r6, r8, r9, Stop trying to make the silly "Team Di vs. Team Kate" thing happen; we're not exactly talking Callas & Tebaldi, here...

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1706/13/2013

Well, we all know the real Diana was a vacant, uneducated BPD'd loser who wasted her power and celebrity. Imagine what you would have done in her position? I feel sorry for Elizabeth. I am happy for Charles and Camilla because that is true love and it worked out for them. THAT is the real story.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1806/13/2013

Kate isn't helped by the fact that she won't spend her prime as a princess (seeing as how her eventual title of Princess of Wales belongs to Camilla...and is still associated with Diana). And anyone who claim she's beloved in the UK is full of shit. Most young people question why there's even a monarchy.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 1906/13/2013

Camilla is not the Princess of Wales.

Kate will be Princess of Wales as soon as Charles takes the crown.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2006/13/2013

She looks like Tina Brown.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2106/13/2013

[quote]Camilla is not the Princess of Wales. Kate will be Princess of Wales as soon as Charles takes the crown.

Camilla is the Princess of Wales; it's just that she's smart enough not to use her predecessor's title; she's desperately trying to scrub her image and be accepted, and using that title would remind everyone of the usurper she is.

William won't become Prince of Wales until Charles invests him as such; that's not an automatic title.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2206/13/2013

There's no way Kate will ever eclipse Diana and I'm not even one of those big royal watchers or fans or whatever.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2306/13/2013

If something is as dull as ditchwater, it is incredibly boring. A ditch is a long narrow hole or trench dug to contain water, which is normally a dark, dirty colour and stagnant (when water turns a funny colour and starts to smell bad). (In American English,'things are 'dull as dishwater'.)

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2406/13/2013

This facts cannot be disputed.

Diana was a balmy idiot.

Kate is not.

No doubt Kate will due her position proud, whereas Diana was always a weeping, whining little slut who was so stupid she hooked up with the likes of Dodi Fayed. Some "icon!"

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2506/13/2013

Kate comes across as nothing but a pretty girl in nice clothes. At least Diana had the balls to be a crazy shit stirrer and get involved in lots of causes.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2606/13/2013

[quote]There's no way Kate will ever eclipse Diana and I'm not even one of those big royal watchers or fans or whatever.

Agree. I am not a Diana fan, but she was charismatic in her own way. Kate is not.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2706/13/2013

Pregnancy is not agreeing with her. She looks like somebody stuck a tire-pump up Madame's ass.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2806/13/2013

I don't follow the royals, but I agree that Kate has nothing on Diana. As a kid in the '80s and a teen in the '90s (USA), I remember Diana being huge. She was always on the cover of some magazine, and there was always a story about her being chased by paparazzi or run-ins with the royals. In the 16 years in the public eye (post-wedding to her death), there was always some drama involving her weight issues, her depression, her displeasure with royal life, and after she and Charles split up in '92, lots of dirty laundry airing. It really was a soap opera.

Kate is pretty low-key. I never hear anything about her, except when it's big news (i.e. the wedding, the pregnancy announcement), but for the most part she keeps a pretty low profile. And maybe she likes it that way. Plus, her beauty notwithstanding (yes, I think she's way prettier than Diana), she's not really an interesting person. Her story is pretty mundane. The press feeds off of drama queens like Diana.

Incidentally, I'm surprised how much Diana's star has faded since her death. I thought for sure she'd join the ranks of Elvis and Marilyn -- iconic celebrities who died tragically but in death entered the realms of myth. But no one talks about her anymore or references her. You'd think she'd be one of the top-earning dead celebrities. But last year the list went: 1)Michael Jackson, 2)Elvis Presley, 3)Marilyn Monroe, 4)Charles Schulz, 5)John Lennon, 6)Elizabeth Taylor, 7)Albert Einstein, 8)Dr. Seuss, 9)Stieg Larrson (author of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO series).

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 2906/13/2013

[quote]No doubt Kate will due her position proud

WHO was a balmy idiot, R25?!

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3006/14/2013

When we gon' have an all-black adaptation of Diana? I need the work, y'all.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3106/14/2013

The leopard-pattern dress photo reminds us that British slags wear the stupidest little hats.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3206/14/2013

R31, that makes no sense and it's about as unfunny as your other post

"Go back to your trailer Jennifer. Your cousin be wantin' some sex witchu."

Sorry.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3306/14/2013

It says something about this film that nobody is even talking about it in its own thread. That trailer sucked.

[quote]But last year the list went: 1)Michael Jackson, 2)Elvis Presley, 3)Marilyn Monroe, 4)Charles Schulz, 5)John Lennon, 6)Elizabeth Taylor, 7)Albert Einstein, 8)Dr. Seuss, 9)Stieg Larrson (author of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO series).

Those were all artists who produced a product people can still buy today. What exactly could the Diana estate sell?

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3406/15/2013

Kate indeed is very popular.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3506/21/2013

Both Charles Spencer, with the out-of-the-way burial plot, and the Royal Family, with the refusal of interment in Westminster Abbey and the less-than-zero fountain "monument," aided with the diminishing of Diana.

Then came the marriage to Camilla, and the people wanted to believe that now, here was a TRUE love story, as Camilla saw to it that she and Charles would always appear in public in color-co-ordinated attire.

Finally, with the marriage of William, the 60th Anniversary of the reigning monarch, and now the impending birth, well, it's all just too much pleasantry to disturb with Diana-worship.

Not to mention the revelations of her real life.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3606/21/2013

I drooled over Diana, and I drool over Kate.

Keep bringing the hotties into the royal family!

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3706/21/2013

[quote]Kate indeed is very popular.

Yes, but she doesn't have that special something that Diana had.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3806/21/2013

Diana was a girl who blossomed into a woman right before the public's eyes. Kate isn't as interesting because their hasn't been a metamorphosis to capture people's attention. She's older and has remained pretty much the same person for the past several years. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 3906/21/2013

i just don't like how Camilla will be queen when Chuck becomes king. Kate and William will never be king and queen.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 4006/21/2013

Why won't William and Kate be king and queen? He's second in line. After Charles died, he will ascend.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 4106/21/2013

"Yes, but she doesn't have that special something that Diana had."

That "special something" was mental illness.

by Screaming queen from the videoreply 4206/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.