Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Just a few more weeks to Michfest!

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to more:

The performance of "Womb Words, Thirsting"

or

The Chix Lix prom? (I'm free, wimmin on the land!)

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23710/18/2013

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 106/12/2013

You can smell from fifty feet that my menstrual juices are freely flowing as the time grows near, sisters!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 306/30/2013

The vagina capes are being packed!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 406/30/2013

Hedge is a "CPAP-using first timer" with questions!

[quote]I use a CPAP, and will require electricity for my machine. Do I need to camp in DART to access electricity? How does that work?

And Gleweliz has answers!

[quote]The simplest is to camp in Downtown DART, where you can plug in your machine. Bring your own 50' extension cord. If it is important to you to have lots of space or to camp in a very quiet location, you might want to look into the other option, which is to run your machine off a battery. Every morning, you bring the battery to the DART office to charge, and every evening, you take it back to your tent. I suggest that, in addition to the battery, the charger, and the inverter, you also bring something like a milk crate with which to cover the battery and inverter (while still allowing good air circulation) while they are in use in your tent so that no one can give herself a shock by touching it accidentally during the night. I'm not sure whether this option would require DART registration, so if you're thinking of using a battery, you might want to call the festival office to check.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 506/30/2013

And would anyone like to help organize the vegan potluck meet-up? Stillfire just isn't up to it this year.

[quote]I am too burnt from my year to be the organizer of this year's group. Anyone else able to step up and organize it? I would help with the posting of flyers. We had a great group last year. So great to meet our vegan sisters who make this important choice to refrain from oppression of any being.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 606/30/2013

Just remember: if you don't bring enough snacks, you can always buy more at the Cuntree Store!

[quote]Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Fro Yo from the Cuntree Store. Last year I said, "Screw the bars. I'm going for a whole pint." So decadent...

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 706/30/2013

How hard is it too organize a potluck? She didn't even have to cook.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 806/30/2013

Drum Mama Sue wants you to know why she goes to MichFest:

[quote]I go to fest to renew my soul and spirit ...to rest easy in music and harmony with my sisters ... to be in a space of love and empowerment ... creativity and possibility ... to be out of touch with that other everyday world....and in touch with the feminine mystik and energy flow of the matriarchy

[quote]I go where smiles and trust come easy in the sisterhood where it's okay and welcome when I need to ask, and solutions are often easily found.

[quote]I go to fest for the hugs ...the heart touching soul connecting hugs.

[quote]I go to fest to be... unafraid and open.... and to feel unconditional acceptance.

[quote]I go to fest to joy and celebrate...and sit in awe at this most wonderful gathering in the family of wimmin ..... of friends and sisters ... in their full diversity.

[quote]I go to fest to laugh ...belly deep laughs that sometimes make tears roll down my face....

[quote]I go to fest to defy the restrictions of my everyday world and be empowered to become more of who I am.

[quote]I go to weave my voice into the web of song ...the simple harmony opening thru the repetition of a few simple words or even just sound...

[quote]I go to walk in rhythm ...to let my hands fly and my spirit soar ...to dance and to honor the rhythms of my being and to hear the songs within again...the songs that get silenced by the voices of my everyday world and it's judgement.

[quote]I go to fest step further into this community that I hold so dear ....

[quote]I go to fest to do my part ..in whatever ways I can find to be ...to lend a hand (or a towel, or a few tent stakes), to pull an extra workshift (or just make it thru those that I signed up to do) or to make an offer so that we can have the "best fest yet" or "create fest moment" even if just for one other sharing the week with me.... or whatever that knits us together closer in this community of wimmin.

[quote]I go to lay down the burdens of the other 357 days...and allow my adult self time to "play".

[quote]I go to fest because I know if I lend voice to an opinion, it will be listened to and heard and even respected by some...and if I choose to be silent...that will be okay too and not seen as odd or uncomfortable.

[quote]I go to fest because I, even in my oddest moments, somehow fit in, belong, am part of, and just being who I am with however many spoons of energy I happen to have any given day, at fest ..I am enough just however I happen to be...and that is all wonderful stuff especially for a gal that has lived most of the last 20 years single.

[quote]I go to fest because my sisters help me do what is impossible for me to accomplish by myself these days ...and they leave me spoons and energy to give back so I can enjoy the energy flow because they are so generous with their energy.

[quote]I want the music....the music of wimmin gathered under the stars, in the ferns, beneath the trees...and the music of the stages...the performers entertaining and lifting up the spirits of wimmin ... honoring the circle of womynhood ... and the creatrix ...Gaia .

[quote]I want the music ... the sisterhood ...the love ...the woo...and the tales.... so I come to fest ..... and I am not alone even when I appear alone on the path ... I am surrounded by a family of friends ... and life is good....very, very good....at least most fest days for me....

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 906/30/2013

Snow has a special meet-up planned for the workshops!

[quote]Neuro-Divergent Womyn's Meetup!- workshop planning thread

[quote]I've decided I am definitely going to host a workshop this year as a "meet-up" for Autistic womyn and other neurodivergent womyn (ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Dyspraxia, etc) who attend Fest. We could also possibly discuss making the Land more accessible, tips on navigating the social landscape, how to deal with sensory issues while camping, and so forth. This workshop meetup will be for/by/about adult neurodivergent womyn and neurodivergent older teens, but allies (including womyn with neurodivergent children) will be welcome as well.

[quote]As many of you may already know, I am Autistic myself, and this will be my third time on the land. My first time, in 2010, I talked with another neurodivergent womon whose name I have sadly forgotten about doing a workshop of this type.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1006/30/2013

And Roarquilter would like you not to forget our Tuesday Evening Ritual: "Honoring the Land and Ourselves." As she says,

[quote]I thought I would put the seed of intention out there for us to start pondering, nurturing, growing, turning over in our minds as sod is turned by the harrow. The Goddess will guide us, my sisters. See you in August! Blessed Be!

At the ritual, all of us wimmen will sing the sacred chant:

[quote]"I'm a sacred womon giving birth to myself/ I'm a sacred womon giving birth to myself/ You'll hold me in your arms as I dive deeper in the well/ Of your loving eyes and wisdom,/ My truth that I must tell."

Artemis would like to remind us that the location of the Tuesday Evening Ritual is near the Diana statue in the way back part of the nightstage audience seating area, past the reefer trucks behind the Cuntree Store. This is a celebratory ritual and has a pagan/wiccan/earth based traditions structure, but all are welcome.

But always remember... NO LATECOMERS!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1206/30/2013

I'm going to commit the "I'm a sacred womon giving birth to myself" chant to memory. That so rules.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1306/30/2013

"neuro-divergent" -- Oh my sides!!!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1406/30/2013

R14 They cannot say "womyn fucked in the head" as that would imply male penetration into the vagina of their psyche.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1506/30/2013

R15, I would think that blaming their neuro-divergent problems on the hate-rape of their psyche by men would be right up their alley.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1606/30/2013

But still, I must remind you.

Do NOT put your tent within ten feet of mine.

Do NOT do it.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1706/30/2013

R16, perhaps you are on to something. Do they have penis challenged psychiatrists on site to deal with these issues?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1806/30/2013

I'm surprised there isn't a group demanding that "nutloaf" be changed to "neuro-divergent loaf."

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 1906/30/2013

Nut loaf and banana nut bread are banned from the land.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2006/30/2013

What is 'woo'? Do I buy it somewhere or is it something I can only get on the Land?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2106/30/2013

I just hope no one posts a pic of a morbidly obese woman in a mobility scooter, gnawing on a block of cheese. Someone did that in the last Mich thread and it very triggering, I almost had a breakdown over it! Don't people know that woman was forced to gorge herself on blocks of cheese by the patriarchy? Imagine what could she have been in life if she'd had any choice, if she hadn't been forced to become hugely obese? The evil patriarchy always ruins it for wimmin!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2206/30/2013

Will the Brother Sun Re-Education Camp for Pre-Abusers be needing volunteers this year? I long to have contact with Young Penised Persons and find extremely persuasive ways to show them how their very existence participates in the oppression of every woman on the Land.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2306/30/2013

I hope the Breast-Casting Workshop will be open to all wimmin this year, not just WOCs (Wimmin of Color).

I long to have my Goddess-bags immortalized in plaster.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2406/30/2013

A gentle reminder to all of our differently-abled systers that the Andrea Dworkin Memorial Charging Station for CPAP machines, mobility scooters, neck massagers, etc. is on a first-come first-serve basis.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2506/30/2013

I wonder if Rose has raised enough money to get to Fest. I wonder if her divorce is final. I wonder if her murderous daughter is still having problems. I wonder if squirrels still represent death for her.

But mostly, I wonder if Rose is a Rose is a Rose.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2606/30/2013

Can it really be called "the Cuntree Store"? Really?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2706/30/2013

It has just come to our attention that a couple of penised persons are attempting to infiltrate Michfest this year, disguised as lesbians, in order to report the goings-on to a certain Internet message board. Please be on the lookout and report them immediately!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2806/30/2013

Isn't it time we instituted a panty-check at all gate entrances? I don't have a problem with non-womyn-born-womyn, personally, but my systers who are a tad more radical than I am have stated their boundaries.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 2906/30/2013

Will there be Febreeze in the menstrual hut this year?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3006/30/2013

We will be DNA testing at the gates in an effort to further control the use of patriarchal-imposed hygiene products. Any used products disposed of on the land will be tested and the non free bleeding wommin will be caught and expelled from the land.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3106/30/2013

[quote] Headlamp caution: Just wanted to put out my annual request to those who use headlamps. Remember that the headlamp shines at whatever you're looking at. So, if you look at a woman walking towards you on the path, it shines into her eyes, momentarily blinding her, and ruining her night vision for longer, which could cause her to slip in menstruation. So, if you choose to use a headlamp when walking the paths, please keep it tipped down towards the path directly in front of you. Better yet, hold it, or use a regular flashlight when walking, and save the headlamp for when you're inside the Janes or at your campsite. Just my two cents.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3206/30/2013

I see that are some events and spaces that are open only to women of color. How is this determined exactly? Blood test? Pigmentation charts? I ask in the spirit of the continuing battle over MTF/FTM inclusion.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3306/30/2013

[quote]I see that are some events and spaces that are open only to women of color. How is this determined exactly? Blood test? Pigmentation charts? I ask in the spirit of the continuing battle over MTF/FTM inclusion.

Special guest Paula Deen will determine who is a colored womon, I meant womon of color

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3406/30/2013

[quote]I see that are some events and spaces that are open only to women of color. How is this determined exactly? Blood test? Pigmentation charts?

And what if our hypothetical sisterwomon was a womon of color in a previous life?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3506/30/2013

Paula will have a hotline to Dionne warwick's psychics hotline for verification.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3606/30/2013

Attention Michfest attendees: We have just been informed that the CPAP machine was invented by a penised person and are henceforth banned from The Land. You may construct a substitute device from a moon cup, a rubber band, and an air compressor if you choose.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3706/30/2013

The real forum posts are much more amusing to me than the parodies...

Speaking of, can you imagine this? It would be one thing if the women were by and large attractive, but....

WEDNESDAY: Slumber Party hosted by Trixie Belden and Detroit Crew 7 minutes in heaven! Cuddle tent! LAND'S LARGEST PILLOW FIGHT! various other slumber party games (spin the bottle, mystery kiss, and more!) Wear your PJs and come to the best slumber party EVER **Twilight Lounge will be sharing drinks and shots**

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3807/01/2013

And this:

In mid April Erin posted this in the SINGLES meet up thread:

I sorta helped out last year - more as Bunny's assistant. I would be happy to take the lead if everyone is cool with that?

8pm Community Center. Snacks Games Love

Suggestions and private communications can be sent to my email - erinbennett2010@gmail - or via facebook...

then, five days later there was this post:

Good Morning this is Softflower. Bunny has surfaced in the best of ways to facilitate this opportunity in the near past. I will keep an eye out for her and anyone else who would like to continue this tradition. I am worker this year and this obligation will be priority. But I have facilitated this Golden pathway for maybe 10 years and want to see it continue. The BB Meet and Greet will happen on Monday eve. So stay tuned ... we will celebrate. I am always good for Ice Breakers, Snacks and name tags soft

Finally, Erin posed again:

Hello sisters -

I am making the unfortunate decision to not attend fest this year. I will miss the land and be thinking of all of you. I do believe Bunny is now back online and I"m sure she will eagerly host the BB meetup once again.

Thanks and love you all.

my question: did she make that decision because Softflower usurped her authority?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 3907/01/2013

[quote]Will there be Febreeze in the menstrual hut this year?

Yes. But in honor of the sacredness of this event we have renamed it: SheBreeze.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4007/01/2013

VOTN, I believe BB is womyn speak for Bulletin Board, which cannot be spelled out because the bull is the male of the species.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4207/01/2013

The latest obsession is what to eat your dinner with.

[quote] perhaps we need to have a workshop on carving one's own forkchops at the beginning of fest. . .anyone good at teaching woodcarving? or, a project we can do at home before then. . .??

The reason is that plastic can mess with your hormones. But TofuTattoo is telling you now so she doesn't have to tell you then:

[quote] It is not only normal to have your own fork and spoon, but it is necessary. Eating utensils are not provided. Neither are plates. So bring your own, in whatever style suits you.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4307/01/2013

[quote]VOTN, I believe BB is womyn speak for Bulletin Board, which cannot be spelled out because the bull is the male of the species.

Oh, I was thinking it was "Big and Beautiful" for sisterwomyn of size.

I'm surprised that they don't warn that BB is a trigger word, because a bulletin board is often hateraped by push pins.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4407/01/2013

VOTN, should we alert our sistryn to their oversight?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4507/01/2013

I had no idea that lighnt in a woman's eyes causes her to menstruate.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4607/01/2013

I go so that I can properly honor my moon goddess Mynnses(sic)(for clarification purposes ONLY-Menses) and my earth goddess Terra. Wymnn, begin your sync now so that we can all properly honor the Land with our flow all at once and in abundance. ABSOLUTELY NO ADMITTANCE TO THE FESTIVAL WITH ANY SYNTHETIC MAN(SIC)BASED MYNSES INHIBITORS!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4707/01/2013

[quote]I had no idea that lighnt in a woman's eyes causes her to menstruate.

That's why we told you NOW so we don't have to tell you THEN.

Also, there is a chance that the sisterwomon might have undiagnosed epilepsy, and flashing lights may be triggering for her.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4807/01/2013

A reminder, please do not use flash photography as it may anger the lesbians.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 4907/01/2013

As a further reminder, please do not anger the lesbians, because you will only anger them more.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5007/01/2013

I was hateraped during a heavy metal concert fifteen years ago, so loud rock music is a HUGE trigger for me.

Please make sure none of the acts performing at Fest this year perform rock music. I am stating my boundaries.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5107/01/2013

Triggers are HUGE triggers for me.

So no guns or horses owned by Roy Rogers.

I am telling you now . . .

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5207/01/2013

I am REALLY looking forward to this workshop:

[bold]Disability, Intersectionality and Identity: Life in Complicated Bodies[/bold]

We will come together to explore the intersections of multiple and complex identities. We will use a social justice lens to understand ourselves, our relationships and our communities. We will use the wisdom of each other to find our power in advocating for and celebrating complex identities and bodies, transcending ABLEISM defining self. For womyn with disabilities and their allies.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5307/01/2013

How can they sell Ben & Jerry's? Isn't there an non-male named ice cream?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5407/01/2013

R50, They had to rule out Skinny Cow for obvious reasons.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5507/01/2013

[quote]I always bleed on the land. Two years ago my periods were 8 days apart because the pull of other womyn was so strong.

What would happen if Fest was year-round? Would womyn never stop mynstruating?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5607/01/2013

If fucking only R56

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5707/01/2013

[quote]For womyn with disabilities [italic]and their allies.[/italic]

You're telling me disabled people have opponents?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5807/01/2013

[quote]I always bleed on the land. Two years ago my periods were 8 days apart because the pull of other womyn was so strong.

That seems...implausible, at least. I know sisterwomon is speaking her truth, however.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 5907/01/2013

I would hope a windstorm sweeps through The Land on day 6 or 7.

After almost a week of no antiperspirant, no toothpaste and the menses of a thousand sisters, the stench would wound one's nose without it.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6007/01/2013

And two months later, Sisterwomon at r59 was dead of a tumor.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6107/01/2013

We will synchronize our menses by Day 2.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6207/01/2013

Why was my application rejected?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6307/01/2013

By the time the Fest rolls around, I should just about have finished my short story about last year's event: "My Moon Cup Runneth Over."

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6407/01/2013

[quote]Fest Dictionary

I apologize if this word was triggering for any sisterwomyn.

I should have remembered, of course, that it's the Fest Vaginary.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6507/02/2013

TRIGGER WARNING

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6607/02/2013

I wonder if there is a scissoring while menstruating fetish group on the land.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6707/02/2013

Squirrels. Death.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6807/02/2013

Please do NOT voicerape me with your brutal words and your privilege of penised persons patriarchy!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 6907/02/2013

Can someone please explain "squirrels, death" to me?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7007/02/2013

[quote]Can someone please explain "squirrels, death" to me?

There have been three true "stars" from MichFest that we've latched onto.

The first was Sarah, wearer of the Vagina Cape.

The second was Denise Eaker-Hoover, vigilant organizer of the Rainbow Express bus and stoner.

The final was Rose, a walking EST who had many, many problems, including a failing marriage, a psychotic daughter, several medical conditions, and an unhealthy fear of squirrels. At one point, she had a long posting about...oh, some damn thing, and in the middle of it, randomly was "Squirrels. Death." And a star was born.

Now, I have clearly stated my boundaries, and I ASKED that this thread be CLOSED. I have told you NOW so I don't have to tell you THEN.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7107/02/2013

Thank you VOTN, you should write a book!!!!!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7207/02/2013

Here is Sara and her vagina cape. Warning: if you click, you can never un-see this.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7307/02/2013

Is there a gunt-casting workshop for differently-abdomened womyn like Sarah?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7407/02/2013

R73 We've already seen it at R4.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7507/02/2013

VOTN at r71 summarizes it very well.

Please don't forget Amy, who attempted to grift everything from rides to tickets to asking if someone would bring a spare air mattress for her.

Last year Amy even set up a PayPal account so people could just give her money outright:

[quote]Again, I really hate to ask for anything more as the gifts I received have been so many already and Mich magic followed me everywhere I went. But if you were someone who heard my story at Fest and it brought a smile to your face about the kindness of the space, or you have a few bucks leftover from eating a few less ice cream bars when it rained, or maybe you are having a re-entry party in your community and could put out a donation jar, any small amount would help immensely because as I found out, small acts of kindness whether monetary or otherwise quickly grow. And while the money is technically for me, it is to pay back those who have helped. ... However, If you are called to help me in any way, I'd be ever so grateful. If you'd like to donate, I set up a PayPal account for my Mich Fest fundraising purposes.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7607/02/2013

Dear Amy: Fuck your PayPal count. Gas, grass or ass, no one rides for free.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7707/02/2013

Will there be a clit-casting workshop? I just found mine.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7807/02/2013

Please oh please, could a penised Datalounge person create a male Michfest? Bitchfest?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 7907/02/2013

It's called Provincetown Bear Week, R79.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8007/02/2013

[quote]Please oh please, could a penised Datalounge person create a male Michfest? Bitchfest?

Babes, that *is* DL.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8107/02/2013

aka Dickfest.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8207/02/2013

You know, I never noticed Sara's shirt before.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8307/02/2013

Amy pissed me off because while I laugh at most of the other things, her little sob story actually worked and people paid airfare, ride fare and everything for her. And she kept saying she'd pay them back and was posting while at the Fest that things were tight.

Why is it anybody's responsibility to give her loans to pay loans? And why wouldn't anybody eat an ice cream bar because it's raining?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8407/02/2013

What the hell is a re-entry party?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8507/02/2013

I think the infamous Provincetown PDF captured the gay male version of the Michfest mentality perfectly.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8607/02/2013

Agreed, r86. It was one long PowerPoint of boundary-stating, and those boundaries included NO BOARD SHORTS.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8707/02/2013

r84, can you link to any of Amy's excuse-making posts? I haven't been familiar with her until this thread, and I am fascinated!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8807/02/2013

R88, I don't even know where to look anymore. People were just posting and linking her things on last year's thread. It started with her saying how she is unemployed for years and is so upset she can't join her sisters and she wants, needs the land more than ever and will miss crying on the Land.

Anybody remember how Amy went from asking if she could work on the kitchen staff (to which the Fest organizer very, very wisely warned that working the Fest can be a very different experience than attending) to suddenly getting everything paid for?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 8907/02/2013

Is Amy fat?

Maybe she can work off her loans by doing garbage patrol.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9007/02/2013

Let us have a moment to remember those intrepid sisterwomyn who, unlike Sara, Denise, Rose, and Amy, were never stars, but none-the-less pioneers in herstory towards our deep and abiding love towards the big ball of crazy that is Fest:

-The fat womon on garbage detail

-Keepingitonthereal, the obvious troll poster who won the sisterwomyn over with "her" Fest romance, borrowed without attribution from "The Bridges of Madison County."

And of course, the true Fest Goddess:

-The nutloaf.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9107/02/2013

I remember the Fat womon on garbage detail because she capitalized "Fat" the same way some people do "Black" or "White":

"As a Fat womon, would I still be useful on garbage detail?"

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9207/02/2013

Provincetown Bear Week ... the words "milky loads" sear across my brain.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9307/02/2013

[quote] Keepingitonthereal, the obvious troll poster who won the sisterwomyn over with "her" Fest romance, borrowed without attribution from "The Bridges of Madison County."

His/her posts made me laugh so hard my sides hurt.

Though it was obvious after a while that it was either someone here or someone really taking the piss out of it all.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9407/02/2013

Let us not forget the Womon in the Bubble of Michfest Food Allergies. From 2010:

[quote]I have celiac disease too - also with a dairy intolerance (which half of celiacs tend to have - though I should note, I was diagnosed as a baby 31 years ago...I have not had additional testing to confirm the diagnosis was correct. Since my "issues" with gluten dont appear as severe as many others - I sometimes wonder if its more an allergy than celiac. I definitely can tell when im stressed, I cant eat ANYTHING with gluten...but smoking that which is of the earth, helps me digest gluten without issues) I also in 2008 developed severe allergies - peanuts, onions are the major food ones! I used to be able to eat most of fest food without an issue, but now with the onion allergy - [bold]everything is off limits[/bold]. I was in a thread discussing possible food/menu changes at festival...and my suggestion was to seperate the food kitchen out from the general ticket price. There's a lot of us who simply cannot eat the kitchen food - yet, we are double punished by having to buy all our own food and bring it in. It just doesnt make sense. That of course was an awful idea because, well, it just is...I should be happy to pay for food I cant eat. Its apparently my "choice" not to eat the food? No point in me offering my two cents to festival - its not the only reason I havent been back, #1 the cost. #2 my partner has MS - and its risky to pay $500/ea only to have it be blistering hot and we have to leave. Festival has just become unavailable to me...and it bums me out, because I love festival, never thought id ever miss a year...and im not missing #4 in a row :-(

Celiac, dairy, peanuts, onions...

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9507/02/2013

Going through my bookmarks, it seems that 2010 was the year of onion-allergy hysteria, a brief trend that flared brightly then faded...

[quote]I am so thankful for my new gas skillet I bought for fest this year. [bold]I am so allergic to onions and now my allergies are getting even worse. Onions cause me to vomit, and I have a blood clot in my chest. Every time I vomit, it feels like my whole chest is on fire. This has caused my whole body to freak out if it thinks I might vomit. So now, even if I smell an onion my throat will not swallow and I gag if I have food in my mouth because my stomach and body are terrified to get sick.[/bold] I doubt I'll even be able to eat at the kitchen at all since onions are in every meal (even breakfast.....who needs to wake up to onions...srsly, lol). Thankfully I have a wonderful daughter who usually runs and fetches me onion free breakfast, because she's awesome, lol. I invite anyone that needs an onion free zone to come by and sample some of our good cooking. We are camping in DART. We will have meat though, I apologize :) We will also have completely onion free everything! :) I am glad that so far this discussion has not resorted to personal attacks. Instead of a petition (which I sincerely don't think is a bad idea, I just think it leads to everyone and their mother having a petition for people to sign on the land. Sign here if you think we should have electricity, sign here if you think we should allow men, sign here if you think we should have internet...etc) I would suggest having a workshop about it, you can gather your signatures there if you feel that strongly about nutloaf.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9607/02/2013

[quote]Celiac, dairy, peanuts, onions...

But not weed. It is of the Earth.

I remembered that post. I was wondering if anyone else did.

And I'll repeat what I said then: if getting stoned off her tits is what makes her celiac problems disappear, she doesn't have celiac.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9707/02/2013

50 years ago, R96's delicate flower would have been culled from the herd early on.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9807/02/2013

Vintage Rose:

[quote]I registered with dart but we are camping at the family campground. I have a cpap that I must sleep with every night, I am trying to figure out marine deep cycling batteries. My daughter at 7 is an extremely picky eater, she is also in therapy for anger issues. She is great at school and playdates, but she breaks mirrors and beats up her Dad and has recently started to hurt me. So much anger in a small child. I am in tears trying to get all the equipment together, wondering how I will set up my tent.

Unfortunately, Rose's MySpace is now either private or she's deleted everything.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 9907/02/2013

Maybe she should try smoking the onions and the peanuts.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10007/02/2013

Oh FFS! Aren't here ANY wymyn going to Mychfest who DON'T have issues like allergies, COPD, Asperger's, fibromylagia, "mobility issues", Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, PTSD, Irritable bowel syndrome, morbid obesity, etc?

Do ALL of these wymyn need a CPAP machine and a Little Rascal Scooter? Why isn't the entire "Land" one ginourmous DART tent?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10107/02/2013

There's no such word as "wymyn." It's "womyn" or "wimmen" (singular: "womon").

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10207/02/2013

[quote] There's no such word as "wymyn." It's "womyn" or "wimmen" (singular: "womon").

And you are telling me this NOW so you do not have to tell me LATER? * L *

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10307/02/2013

I have stated my linguistic boundaries, r101/103. Please respect them. I have just stated my boundaries again.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10407/02/2013

Will mobility scooters have special front row access to the stage? Last Fest,I missed the Michagan Wombmoon's Interpretive Dance Troupe And Empowerment Brigade's performance due to vagina cape twirling that blocked my view.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10507/02/2013

[quote]Do ALL of these wymyn need a CPAP machine and a Little Rascal Scooter? Why isn't the entire "Land" one ginourmous DART tent?

All Michfest wymyn are DART. Some are more DART than others.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10607/02/2013

Just had to go the Michfest website to remind myself what DART stands for. It's "Disabled Access Resource Team" - my guess was "Differently Abled Resource Tent". (I'm actually sort of surprised that the word "disabled" isn't considered wounding or triggering!)

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10707/02/2013

DART = Dykes Are Really Tiresome

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10807/02/2013

A DART experience from years past -- "ableism" on the duttle (DART shuttle) and tension at the DART Port-a-Janes.

--

Being differently abled at fest is indeed a challenge. I refuse to look at my limitations as being disabled....I see them as a challenge as to how to continue my journey...differently abled.

That said....I had many varied experiences as differently abled this fest.

#1. When standing waiting for exits and scooter unloading in Dart downtown, I asked my waiting "sisters" if they could let me know when the duttle was loading...I needed to sit while waiting. Their response seemed affirmative. I went and sat, waited patiently ....and no one let me know the duttle was loading. They were not responsible for me.... and they had their own concerns to look after. It was my choice to let it roll off my back.

When I went to check again it was very loaded, and on entering, I was asked if I needed to sit...I responded that I did and several wimmin stood to offer a seat. My different abilities require that I have feet flat on the floor in a duttle....hip at no more than a 90 degree angle.

The first seat offered was over the wheel well where my feet could not be flat...and my artifical hip would require a bend greater than it is able to do without risk of displacing it from the joint. I looked back at what appeared to be the next offered seat...and took that one and said thank-you to the wimmin who had offered seats.

The womyn who had gotten up from the one I took got very angry...my only conclusion could be she was not offering it to me as her body language communicated. I'm not sure what was going on. She just would not talk to me about it. I offered to sit in the seat she moved to, I apologized twice...then and as I got off the duttle.... It was not my intent to upset her or to be rude to her. I just misunderstood her body language and thought she was offering the seat. It was a very quiet duttle ride for all of us... and there was nothing I could do to make it right.

#2. I did a security workshift at Acoustic stage.... I too was placed to deter non-dart wimmin from using the Dart portajane as well as the worker performer port-a-janes. One deaf womyn got by me and used the worker/performer portajanes. One mother with a very small child used the Dart port-a-janes. Others in less obvious need received the information about those viable portajanes and walked around the hill to the bank of port-a janes available to them.

As a scooter womyn with a limited amount of available steps in any given day, I fully understand the need for that Dart only port-a-jane close to the stage. Yet, in my heart, someone in an "emergency situation", deaf, or with small child may have just as much a need to use that port-a-jane as me. As stage security, I will do my duty and make sure they know it's intent and the reasons for it's limited use after their crisis has passed... I trust that those that use it by mistake will do the right thing the next time, and those that had need, used it appropriately. Everyone can become differently abled during short periods during fest ... It's a very differently environment for ever so many.

#3. When I offered to do an extra workshift because those that had signed up did not appear, I became invisable to the worker in charge of the workshifters. I'm not sure why. It was not a nice feeling.

I still did the 3rd workshift that I had originally signed up for.... we need to show up for our workshifts... We need to be honest about them. If we can only do 2 hour stints instead of 4, we need to do those in love and those that are coordinating shifts, need to understand... while we are differently abled now, it does not mean we are unable....and we too need to make useful contributions to our community.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 10907/02/2013

Part II from the "scooter womyn." Someone parked in her space and it "utterly shattered" her -- "My trust had been betrayed."

--

#4. Due to the limited number of steps I can take, and the need to go off land occasionally during fest, the Dart parking space that is essential to me and is as close as possible to the shuttle drop off and pick up area. Walkers to not work so well in the open meadow field of parking. When on Thursday afternoon I had to leave my parking space in the clearly labelled DART parking area, I could see that a number of workshifters were missing from posts usually staffed. I should not have been so surprised when I returned that someone had parked in my "space for the week" ...but it utterly shattered me. For fest, I drive a big Yukon XL truck so that I can transport the mobility scooter to and from fest and my gear.

It's not easy to manuveur in the somewhat tight parking areas to begin with but when exhausted and having few steps left in me for the day...parking further from the shuttles was not an option...It was looking like I perhaps needed to head on home for the night (a 3 hour drive). Parking workers were wonderful. They listened patiently, even though the concept of having so few steps left in a body for the day was clearly foreign to their personal life experience. They granted temporary parking behind orientation, so that I could use those precious steps, catch a duttle and enjoy much of both acoustic and night stage. It was clearly a meltdown on my part.... but my sisters were extremely loving dealing with it. I sooooooo appreciated it.

I had come to trust that the space I had for parking was mine for a week and once I got a workable initial spot, it wasn't something I had to worry about or repeatly explain. My trust had been betrayed, probably by someone who didn't know better and just was arriving and saw a close spot. It hurt that the little vehicle taking my big vehicle space didn't have any DART plastic ribbon tied to it's rearview mirror. It hurt to think anyone on land would knowingly park in DART parking if they were not DART themselves.

So....these were but a few of the potentially very negative experiences I had on land as a DART womyn. Life is full of positive and negative. It was a huge struggle for me to accept that I could no longer do what I was once able to do on land, to need more help, to ask for help and be able to count on getting the help needed....and their is a much deeper vulnerablibility having different needs that so many can't begin to comprehend.

I am rich, rich, rich....I am lucky indeed...I have far more positives to focus on from this years fest than these few potentially negatives in my fest experience. 15 years ago a young one attending her first fest and her friends were in line behind me on the road ... they camped by methat year although I was hardly ever at home.....and this year she brought me a very special surprise....and told me I was her first fest friend..... isn't that a most precious, precious priceless experience....How many of us remember and honor our first fest friend???

I could ramble on and on...but I have already said more than enough.... I am sad that so many DART wimmin had negative experiences. Life is challenge enough.... differently abled doesn't need more challenges....

I for one am ever so glad there are so many differently abled all around me on land....it makes it someone easier to push myself to do all that I can still do ...and take everyone of those precious steps I can make everyday...and make them count.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11007/02/2013

[quote] As a scooter womyn with a limited amount of available steps in any given day, I fully understand the need for that Dart only port-a-jane close to the stage.

???!!!??? SCOOTER WOMYN ???!!!???

Someone with a scooter and an artificial hip was working SECURITY? O...M...F...G(oddess)

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11107/03/2013

[quote]Someone with a scooter and an artificial hip was working SECURITY? O...M...F...G(oddess)

It's not really security as we understand it outside the Land -- just rules and boundaries enforcement:

[quote]I was placed to deter non-dart wimmin from using the Dart portajane as well as the worker performer port-a-janes. One deaf womyn got by me and used the worker/performer portajanes.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11207/03/2013

I imagine bringing any food containing gluten or nuts onto The Land would be akin to walking into FBI headquarters with a big bag of heroin.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11307/03/2013

Info about the cheese ball contest and Cheese Ball Queen:

[quote]...and a BDSM campfire where a gaggle of 40 and 50-somethings in leather, suspended themselves from trees, and displayed all their torture toys on tarps, as one bored-looking old bull dagger swatted limply at her lover's corseted midsection and naked ass and with a chain-link flogger. Then there was the infamous Cheese Ball Contest, wherein contestants vie for the title of Cheese Ball Queen; whomever can fit the most cheese balls under a single tit wins that title. This year's champion was last year's as well, Vanessa, a sexy large-breasted individual who was able to fit 99 last year, and 95 this year (she's the reigning champ).

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11407/03/2013

Cheese is RAPE!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11507/03/2013

R95, I love how she says "that which is of the earth." Just say pot, lady.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11607/03/2013

MichFest isn't a charity. She's acting like they owe her free food because of all her allergies.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11707/03/2013

Along with nacreous layers, R93.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11807/03/2013

I do hope there are some double-wide Port-a-Janes this year. At past Fests it was difficult for us larger wimmin to get in and out of the units. Many of us soiled The Land due to difficulties. Our badonka-donks need breathing room!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 11907/03/2013

This thread just makes my day. Thanks for the laughs R101.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12007/03/2013

[quote]Our badonka-donks need breathing room!

To Poland!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12107/03/2013

Anyone care to join me at the Clam Slam for a nonalcoholic vegan, cruelty free Virgin Mary Menses before we head to the Fest?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12207/03/2013

Going from 99 cheese balls under one breast to 95 deeply concerns me. Have plastic forkchop hormones caused this womyn's breasts to shrink?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12307/03/2013

I've always wondered if the inmates at the Brother Son Concentration Camp are actually having a good time, being on their own while their moms and sisters are off at the Fest proper.

Or is there some stern womon serving as the commandent that strictly forbids the actual having of fun, and some capos who are about to age out of being allowed to come at all who instruct the pre-rapists on all the ways they are horrible to womonkind?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12407/03/2013

[quote]Or is there some stern womon serving as the commandent that strictly forbids the actual having of fun, and some capos who are about to age out of being allowed to come at all who instruct the pre-rapists on all the ways they are horrible to womonkind?

I'm guessing boys must watch a series of educational films, including "Why YOUR Penis Is OUR Enemy," "You'll Never Be Good Enough," and "Could You Be a Pre-Rapist and Not Even Know It?"

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12507/03/2013

The iron gate leading into Brother Sun reads, "Non-Competitive Frisbee Makes You Free."

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12607/03/2013

Going back to the Ben & Jerry's thing ... not only is this a product created and produced entirely by penised persons, the various ingredients in it are a RUINOUS CORNUCOPIA OF DEATH. Milk! (for the lactose-intolerant) Peanuts! (for peanut allergies) Sugar! (cane sugar is harvested by penised persons) Gluten! (numerous and varying ingredients) This product is a HORROR SHOW IN A PINT!

Why or why haven't any womon in Berkeley or Portland yet created an organic, dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, WOMON-MADE version of ice cream??

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12707/03/2013

Bring on the hairy pussies!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12807/03/2013

VOTN, I would bet on a stern lesfrau tending to the Brother Son concentration camp. The responsible syster would be required to educate them about the evils of their penis and how it must never be used. The camp victims will be either sexually destroyed for life or serial rapists when they are older.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 12907/03/2013

It's probably a lot of fun for those who go, even though it's such an easy target.

But the only way I'd go (were I a womon and a Mich Fest enthusiast) is with a camper.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13007/03/2013

Michfest Vocabulary Guide!!!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13107/03/2013

[quote]VOTN, I would bet on a stern lesfrau tending to the Brother Son concentration camp. The responsible syster would be required to educate them about the evils of their penis and how it must never be used. The camp victims will be either sexually destroyed for life or serial rapists when they are older.

It's just a shame that the right-thinking sisterwomon who has thrown off the shackles of the patriarchy can't just leave any penised offspring to die, like the Amazons of the ancient world.

The penis is evil!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13207/03/2013

Photo of last year's Cheese Ball contest.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13307/03/2013

R133 That looks like a lost Jerry Springer episode.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13407/03/2013

What a DART port-a-jane looks like.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13507/03/2013

I think I've just become lactose-intolerant.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13607/03/2013

Why do the women with the grossest, lardiest bodies insist on dressing in belly dancing gear? Put your rolls away, please.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13707/03/2013

[quote]Why do the women with the grossest, lardiest bodies insist on dressing in belly dancing gear? Put your rolls away, please.

Their womonly bodies are beautiful. And they have clearly stated their boundaries.

You, as a penised person could never understand.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13807/03/2013

Leslie Hall went to Michfest!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 13907/03/2013

R139 the one on the left looks like she wore her front teeth down to nubs gnawing her way out of prison.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14007/03/2013

Oh, my! It looks like we have our 2013 Grifter contest winner! Meet "Lucille":

[quote] Can you help me get to the land again this year?

Hi family. I have recovered from the task of producing the Midway Party and now face the next 135 days till fest. As many of you know, I have been living on the fringe for the last few years. Not able to make ends meet at all. I am hoping to refi the house and get some help, but times look grim. My saving grace through this stress is knowing I have a couple of weeks that I have been able to let it go and refresh my soul. My time on the land with a couple thousand of my closest friends. I turn to you for some help to make that happen again this year. Ideally I could find a couple of big jobs to help me keep somewhat afloat and to earn enough to get there and cover expenses while i am gone. Do you know of anyone that could use my skills? Any form of graphic or website design? Talk to me. I have generous payment plans and enough time to make the dream happen. If not.... can you help? I hate putting this out there but were it not for the generosity of my sisters I would not have been able to get there for the last few years. So here i am again, asking as humbly as possible... sister can you spare a dime? Paypal makes this relatively painless. My only hope is that someday this will all turn around for me and once again i can be on the giving end of these posts. PLease send woo, send luck, send help. Visualize me boarding the plane for my return to Briggadoon. Once there I will be happy as a clam to take you for the circle line tour around the land in Demming. Drving in circles at 5mph. You cannot imagine how happy this thought makes me. Love you all and hope to see you in August.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14107/03/2013

r141, can you link to that post? I wanna read the responses.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14207/03/2013

Sorry about that bad quoting.

I attach the link for Lucille's request (if I don't screw that up, too).

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14307/03/2013

Sorry, her name is "Barbara", not Lucille.

[quote]if you are interested in an update, i am still about $200 short. Times are tight and i am amazed to have been gifted with as much as has come. I am sure it will happen, there is still time. Thank you to all the womyn that have contributed and that are continueing to send woo. i love you all.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14407/03/2013

Is Denise still trying to pitch the Rainbow Express for this summer, or has she given up?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14507/03/2013

Denise says on her Facebook page that her "Ganpa" just died and left her his house, which is shown in this video. She gave the address, so I google-mapped it to be sure this is the house.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14607/03/2013

I can't believe Sara's Vagina Cape isn't available on Etsy!

Michfest and Etsy (or Regretsy) seems like a match made in Heaven!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14707/03/2013

There are some Michfest Etsy products, including Feminist Canvas Bags with FEMINIST FURY! on them.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14807/03/2013

[quote]???!!!??? SCOOTER WOMYN ???!!!???

They're like Dykes on Bikes, but we can't find anything that rhymes with Hoveround.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 14907/03/2013

Nicht wettbewerbsfähig Frisbee macht frei, r126?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15007/03/2013

Want. In my tent at Michfest.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15107/03/2013

I recommend this CD for all Michfest attendees: a meditation CD to listen to while you are menustrating.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15207/03/2013

Would she be allowed on The Land?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15307/03/2013

I can't wait for the breastcasting!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15407/03/2013

Sorry, this just does not sound fun to me at all. I know rules and structure are needed, but this just seems overdone. It seems like every aspect of a woMAN's time at the fest is micro-managed and politically correct. Every single dyke that attends is really into this bull?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15507/03/2013

Dinah Shore in Palm Springs is where all the cute, cool femme lesbians go. Michfest is for the the ultra-PC, obese hogs.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15607/03/2013

For the longest time I thought DLers had made up the cheese ball contest. Then R133 posted a picture. Holy fuck. It is a real thing. IT IS A REAL THING.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15707/03/2013

Looking at the Michfest pics, I swear I can smell the hairy pits and unwashed vag through my screen.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15807/04/2013

[quote]Looking at the Michfest pics, I swear I can smell the hairy pits and unwashed vag through my screen.

Sorry, that's just me.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 15907/04/2013

Come sit next to me, R126

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16007/04/2013

I like that the big womyn can let it all hang out at MF.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16107/04/2013

"Barbara" sounds a lot like Amy.

I would think they'd have some kind of fund to help these women. The begging gets tiresome.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16207/04/2013

[bold]Last Chance Naked Walk[/bold]

For the last 5ish years, Polly Prince and I have been taking a last chance naked walk every year after Sunday comedy, down by what used to be the watermelon tree, across from the kitchen, and by the tracker stop.

I'd like to invite you to join us. The intention is simply the last chance to walk freely on the land and to love our bodies despite the ways we may see them. We are beautiful!!!

We sometimes get cheers and claps. Always lots of smiles.

We make our way barefoot and hand in hand down to the mother tree at night stage. Sometimes we circle around the tree, say a prayer or a feeling, and enjoy our walk back together, butts to the wind!!

Join us if you would like to. Sunday after comedy, around 6:30. No clothes at all - we strip down to bare butts right at the tree so we can all experience what it's like.

This might be on only time I write about it so mark it in your fest brain!

Xoxo

PineappleStarKiss

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16307/04/2013

From the infamous Denise:

[bold]oops those dates are my time of the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/bold]

while im still on line let me ask for those of us who still bleed...how many of you have look to see if you fall in time for land time???

last year was my 1st time bleeding on land & sisters the cold rain didnt help my menstrual migraines

Thank the Goddess for imitrex warm blankets &those body wraps that put out heat....

as i lay listening to the rain ...warm though with hurting head & cramps that came & went ...

i listend to the laughter of sisters at their workshifts at treeline... or smell the bacon wafting across the rv camp sites that seem to sooth my aching moments that seem to woop my butt {1 a month)...

laying there, i though of the line can you spare me a dime...as i searched for & found my need for "plugs" was in demand thanks to the cuntree store ,where they had several thngs to pick from...

don't ya just love shoping there t-shirts, jackets, the michigan fever video & so much more & trash bags to keep ya dry when they run out of rain gear.....

saints coffee & donuts always fill a Need when on land i search ,wait & long for those doughnuts all year long...dont' you???

so back to over the paths i go plugs im trying to keep dry i look around the glitter of the rain on the tents & all the wonder land displays just took my pain/breath away....

over the past years when i got off the land less than 50 miles i would start to bleed so as i type this imitrex taken fighting a on coming menstrual migraine made me stop & wonder ...

How many mark the days??? do you over pack with plugs??? or pray that your monthly don't fall on land time....???

now im off to bed ....

always now you are loved & ehat you are the ligt unto the world so be bright & shine...

denise

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16407/04/2013

Denise, STFU.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16507/04/2013

[quote]Last Chance Naked Walk

Last chance for WHAT? Public humiliation?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16607/05/2013

You realize, of course, that the happy naked wimmin are right and you prisspots are wrong, don't you?

Michfest may be ridiculous in a lot of ways, but if you don't recognize the value of being able to walk naked, without shame, humiliation, or self-consciousness, then there's no hope for your shriveled little souls.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16707/05/2013

Oh honey, [bold]we[/bold] walk around naked in public all the time, and we don't have to hide in deepest darkest rural Michigan to do it neither!

You really picked the wrong bone to pick this time, dintcha.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16807/05/2013

Excellent point, R168, but I was addressing exactly the sort of person who goes into the vapors at the mention of the Castro naked guys.

I swear, it's like hanging out with Victorian-era virgins, all railing against ungodliness and clutching their smelling salts.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 16907/05/2013

R166, I think it's the last day of the fest, so it's their last chance for another year.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17007/05/2013

The women doing "Womb Words, Thirsting" was my student in a couple of classes when she was an undergraduate. She's actually an incredibly bright, articulate, and talented writer, actor, and spoken word artist. She went on to get a Masters in Playwriting from Smith, won the James Baldwin Award, and had a play produced off-Broadway. And she's a genuinely nice person with a wry and witty sense of humor. And gorgeous with a lovely Carbbean rhythm to her voice. Just goes to show us--context is everything. And a gig's a gig. But she is a genuinely gifted artist.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17107/05/2013

I hesitate to direct attention to this, because I don't want anyone to spoil it -- but for those of us who are longtime Michfest aficionados and aficionadas, much of the action has moved off the MF forums and onto various Facebook pages.

For those who miss the crazed boundaries-drawing and screaming with angry power, I would suggest checking out the hilariously named "Allies in Understanding" page, which is anything but. This is currently my favorite comment, which explains how "menstruation created human consciousness":

[quote]menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation menstruation i believe that all humans are in fact WOMEN - we all come from MENSTRUAL BLOOD - so there is no argument for me about who is what - I just wish someone more eloquent than I - could explain that this is a gathering for the kind of ANIMALS who bleed and hold the SPACE OF A WOMB - this BEING - call this BEING anything you want - but there is a PART (all caps for readability not yelling) of this kind of "being" SOLEY DEFINED by this experience and consciousness of being an animal who bleeds without injury....

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17207/05/2013

Wow, R172--someone give that bitch a Midol, stat!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17307/05/2013

Grateful thanks, r172!!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17407/06/2013

So hemophiliacs and chronic nose bleeders are welcome also?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17507/06/2013

R75, haemophiliacs and nose bleeders don't create BEING by bleeding IN THE SPACE OF A WOMB!!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17607/06/2013

I'm going to buy about 50 of these and re-sell them at a huge markup near the Port-a-Janes.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17707/06/2013

There used to be a hysterically funny "inside Michfest" video on YouTube done by two gals (one gay, one straight) who attended but I can no longer find it.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17807/06/2013

Duh. Found it!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 17907/06/2013

My secret wish has always been to be the first man, seen on "The Land"

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18007/06/2013

[quote]My secret wish has always been to be the first man, seen on "The Land"

Too late. There's always that poor schmo who's contracted to empty the portajanes.

Since that isn't a job they can assign a work detail to, they have no choice but to allow a penised person to do so.

The required work details for the sisterwomyn are their legal right to discriminate. If they opened the other stuff to outside concessions, they wouldn't have the right to keep it womon-only.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18107/06/2013

I love how the butch woman in the video hate-rapes her systers by wearing a Rolling Stones tee shirt.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18207/06/2013

I have a question. Can these women bring their children to this event? What if the child is a boy?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18307/06/2013

They get to stay here, R183

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18407/06/2013

I wouldn't really say they were hilarious, R179.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18507/07/2013

How can menstrual bleeding to the act of creating being?? The fact that the menstrual cycle comes at all means being did NOT occur and the woman's body is shedding all the unneeded crap it produced in preperation of a pregnancy.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18607/07/2013

Why can't these womyn afford to get there? They are going to have to rename this thing Moochfest.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18707/07/2013

[quote]How can menstrual bleeding to the act of creating being?? The fact that the menstrual cycle comes at all means being did NOT occur and the woman's body is shedding all the unneeded crap it produced in preperation of a pregnancy.

The sisterwomon spoke HER truth, and you should not try to impose upon it.

Her truth, her boundaries.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18807/07/2013

I'm assuming the womyn do not shave their yum yum, does it just look like one big old crusty scab after all of that free bleeding on the land?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 18907/07/2013

[quote]I'm assuming the womyn do not shave their yum yum, does it just look like one big old crusty scab after all of that free bleeding on the land?

That's why the Goddess inspired the sisterwomon who invented mooncups.

I've never understood the logical disconnect between not allowing a transwoman who's completed her reassignment on the Land, decrying that she is a tool of the patriarchy sent in to destroy womonkind, but that a sisterwomon is perfectly free to wander around the land with a strap-on on full display. To me, that would be much more triggering, but I know I am operating with my limited penised-person's brain.

Is the artificial phallus okay as long as it's shaped like a dolphin?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19007/07/2013

I can't believe that they make the boy children stay at a camp 20 minutes away.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19107/07/2013

Any closer, and it could be triggering.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19207/08/2013

[quote]Michfest may be ridiculous in a lot of ways, but if you don't recognize the value of being able to walk naked, without shame, humiliation, or self-consciousness, then there's no hope for your shriveled little souls.

You are a humorless moron if you think this is the reason a bunch of old queens get together to laugh at a bunch of old dykes. For the most part it's harmless fun anyway. You're reading waaaaaay too much into this.

As someone upthread said, I walk around naked plenty. I don't need to go to rural Michigan to do it, either.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19307/08/2013

Our very own Denise (aka Rainbow Express) will be bleeding at fest this year.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19407/08/2013

W&W for r187!!!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19507/08/2013

[quote]Our very own Denise (aka Rainbow Express) will be bleeding at fest this year.

Is she still pimping the Rainbow Express (or didn't she rename it Wimmin on Wheels a year or two ago?), or has she finally given up?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19607/08/2013

Where do they go on their Camp Brother Sun field trips? Battered Women Shelters?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19707/08/2013

[quote]Where do they go on their Camp Brother Sun field trips?

"Field trips"? Is that what they call letting them out of their cages for an hour a day? I think the shock collars and underground electric fence keep them within pretty narrow environs.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19807/08/2013

There are so many new boundaries to explore and share this year! The Michfest womyn never disappoint.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 19907/08/2013

We've made it to 200 posts, and I've made it to 200 lbs!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20007/08/2013

I cannot wait to release my red flow onto the land this year, in celebration of all that is earthly and goddess-like!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20107/09/2013

Uh, why has practically NO ONE remarked on the bizarre quote upthread that essentially warned of the dangers of "slipping in menstruation" while blinded by bright headlamps on the path at night???

What the fuck? You mean to tell me the pathways are literally slick with menstrual fluid? Is there some kind of thing where women just bleed freely in skirts or naked or something?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20207/09/2013

R202 If they can't afford transportation to The Land, how do you expect them to pay for a Moon Cup?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20307/09/2013

The tampon is the phallic cotton tool of the patriarchy, r202.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20407/09/2013

Some of the souvenirs you can pick up at the crafts tent at Michfest.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20507/09/2013

[quote]Is there some kind of thing where women just bleed freely in skirts or naked or something?

Maybe they slide on the ground like snails?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20607/09/2013

"Uh, why has practically NO ONE remarked on the bizarre quote upthread that essentially warned of the dangers of "slipping in menstruation" while blinded by bright headlamps on the path at night???"

Because we can recognize a lame-ass troll when we see one.

I hope nobody actually posted this at the Michfest boards, some Dataloungers have trolled there in the past and they shouldn't. The Michfesters may be out there, but they are gay and/or allies.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20707/09/2013

R202/R207, I copied the headlight request directly from the Michfest forum, but added the bit about slipping in menstruation. I was surprised that didn't generate more discussion or uncontrollable vomiting.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20807/09/2013

OMG, it's like lesbian drama CHRISTMAS!!!

The Chicago LGBT paper has printed not one but TWO rants from concerned womyn about the trans issue at Michfest.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 20907/09/2013

I no longer flow! I have hot flashes and hair growing on my face and in my ears!

I

AM

CRONE!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21007/09/2013

ROFL at r209's link.

[quote]The festival requires months of preparation for a few thousand womyn to mostly camp in the woods together. The attraction of this festival for us has been that it is the one space, for one week, that is penis free (though womyn are now allowed to bring very young boys to the festival). The desire to be penis-free for one week of 52 has subjected the festival to accusations of trans women bigotry and a petition is now being circulated encouraging performers and festi-goers to boycott the festival. The offended group is self-defined womyn with penises.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21107/09/2013

As a penised person/patriarchal oppressor who loves the Michfest threads, there is one obvious question I have never seen addressed:

What if a medical emergency happens at Michfest and an ambulance full of male EMTs arrives on The Land? Have the womyn ever spoken about what would be done in this situation on their many forum chats regarding rules and regulations?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21207/09/2013

[quote]Have the womyn ever spoken about what would be done in this situation on their many forum chats regarding rules and regulations?

Stating their boundaries to EMT's... that's a good one.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21307/10/2013

r212, friends who have attended the festival tell me that men do occasionally pop up (um . . .) on the Land for various service and emergency calls, and their presence is announced by the call of "Man on the Land." From what I hear, their presence is generally greeted with good humor.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21507/10/2013

PenisFree sounds like a feminine hygiene spray.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21607/10/2013

R215, wouldn't you love to get a first hand account from one of them! Do they have to sign confidentiality agreements? Do the womyn pitch in for counseling for these poor souls?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21707/11/2013

Oh my dear lord I just google mooncups and could a photo of someone emptying theirs.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21807/11/2013

I'm just picturing a 300lb. bulldyke with a buzzcut, a vagina T-shirt, three rings on every finger and Buddy Holly glasses, screaming 'Man On the Land!' into a bullhorn to alert her fellow systers to their presence and it's giving me the giggles.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 21907/11/2013

PenisFree! (tm)

Now with Splenda! (tm)

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22007/11/2013

bump for free bleeding womyn

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22107/12/2013

R219, now you have me thinking of the twilight bark scene in "101 Dalmatians."

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22207/12/2013

It's here. This is ytruly better than Christmas.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22308/03/2013

Shania Twain is going to Michfest (I think). On her Facebook, she says she's going to as many concerts as she can this summer, so she's certainly going to make a stop at Michfest.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22408/03/2013

I am rather disappointed in the fabled "vagina cape" I was expecting this long, flowing cloak made of pink velvet and trimmed with faux fur--perhaps with a clit made from a large fresh water pearl.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22508/03/2013

R225, Googled "vagina cape" to determine the veracity of this garment. Instead I got info on a womyn who should be invited to be our featured performance artist.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22608/03/2013

Here you go, R226.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22708/04/2013

R227, So what makes it a "vagina cape," and not just a tacky looking wrap?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22808/04/2013

Um R227? Did you NOT see the plastic vagina below the faux-fur minge?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 22908/04/2013

Who did this?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23008/04/2013

[quote] Bring On The Hairy Pussies!

Wasn't that a hit song for Echo and The Bunnywomyn?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23108/05/2013

A moment of silence, please.

Womyn are ON THE LAND!!!!

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23208/06/2013

Anybody know why the Michfest: THE PRE-DRAMA BEGINS thread was locked? Did someone state her boundaries?

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23308/07/2013

[quote] Anybody know why the Michfest: THE PRE-DRAMA BEGINS thread was locked? Did someone state her boundaries?

That misogynistic thread started by hate rapists was shut down by empowered womyn. People of the penised persuasion have NO RIGHT to mock our scared land and moonblood rituals on said sacred land--rituals like vagina cape twirling, the sharing of nutloaf among systers, and a group CPAP session.

We have stated our boundaries. Please respect them.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23408/07/2013

[quote]I'm just picturing a 300lb. bulldyke with a buzzcut, a vagina T-shirt, three rings on every finger and Buddy Holly glasses, screaming 'Man On the Land!' into a bullhorn to alert her fellow systers to their presence and it's giving me the giggles.

When I first started reading about Fest here years ago, someone described the practice of announcing "Man on the Land" as more ceremonial in nature, with womyn drumming and chanting the phrase, mantra-like, while the penised person was on the premyses.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23508/07/2013

Cold and rainy forecast for that part of Mich this week. I hope that vagina cape has a liner.

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23608/07/2013

I'm bumping now so...

by Aurora Thunderclapreply 23710/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.