Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Man of Steel Bombs Beyond Belief!!!

It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's a falling bomb. Despite having a decent Rotten Tomatoes rating of 71% and a Metacritic rating of 63, Man of Steel failed to build on the success that Bryan Singer's Superman Returns reboot had established seven years earlier. According to Deadline, the film, which was tracking to break the $175 million barrier over its weekend launch, made just $82 million ($11.5 million Thursday, $22 million Friday, $27.2 million Saturday and an estimated $21.2 million Sunday). And that’s the second consecutive piece of bad news for Warner Bros. The Hangover Part III continues its freefall, earning a disappointing $7.3 million.

by Anonymousreply 29708/15/2013

Troll.

Movie hasn't opened yet.

by Anonymousreply 206/11/2013

Simon, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 306/11/2013

I'm disappointed Krypton looks so dark, but I'll probably go anyway. Love some Krypton.

by Anonymousreply 406/11/2013

Maybe the public is getting sick of the same story over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 606/11/2013

That's quite a specific and odd prediction for the movie's opening that hasn't occurred yet.

by Anonymousreply 706/11/2013

R5, it doesn't open anywhere until tomorrow. And even then, the Philippines and Taiwan aren't exactly major markets.

by Anonymousreply 806/11/2013

How much did the movie cost?? I think Hollywood has overly high expectations that modest profits are seen as failures.

by Anonymousreply 906/11/2013

First Star Trek, then After Earth, and now Superman. All of summer's tentpoles are crashing and burning.

by Anonymousreply 1006/11/2013

Bingo, R6.

by Anonymousreply 1106/11/2013

[quote]Man of Steel failed to build on the success that Bryan Singer's Superman Returns reboot had established seven years earlier.

So successful it didn't get a sequel. Nearly anything that is a passable hit these days gets a sequel, especially comic book movies. Yet Brandon Routh never put on the tights again.

by Anonymousreply 1306/11/2013

R6 wins.

by Anonymousreply 1406/11/2013

The OP is either a deranged Marvel fanboy or Simon Halls having his "Down below, they're waiting for the princess, I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille" moment.

by Anonymousreply 1606/11/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1706/11/2013

R16, you're trying to make that happen and it's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1806/11/2013

Enough with the remakes already !

by Anonymousreply 1906/11/2013

Superman is an American story. Why would anyone outside America care?

by Anonymousreply 2006/11/2013

Thanks, OP, but could you post a link next time. ;)

by Anonymousreply 2106/11/2013

Link please, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2206/11/2013

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2306/11/2013

This isn't on Deadline. OP is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 2406/11/2013

[quote]Yet Brandon Routh never put on the tights again.

Well, not THOSE tights, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2506/11/2013

[quote] Superman is an American story. Why would anyone outside America care?

Is the movie set before or after the US takes over Krypton?

by Anonymousreply 2606/11/2013

Above the line costs are estimated at $100 million. No numbers on below the line costs, and the marketing campaign has to cost at least as much as the entire production did, so in order to break even they will have to make at least $250 million.

by Anonymousreply 2706/11/2013

Batman is an American story. Spider-Man is an American story.

by Anonymousreply 2806/11/2013

Just want to add that the benefit of hiring a Henry Cavill is, they save a ton of money. Getting someone more well known would have blown up costs even more. I remember being so surprised to discover that Chris Pine only made about $600,000 and change for the first Star Trek. Then he still couldn't get much work.

by Anonymousreply 2906/11/2013

Never had an interest in seeing this anyway. At least Iron Man 3 had an interesting actor in the lead. I feel bad for Amy Adams and Michael Shannon who are both very talented, but this just seems to be generic movie fare.

by Anonymousreply 3006/11/2013

The superman story is too boring, especially compared to other superhero movies of late.

by Anonymousreply 3106/11/2013

r29 Good point.

by Anonymousreply 3206/11/2013

Again, OP's post is FAKE.

by Anonymousreply 3306/11/2013

So many idiots on here believing the OP. Check out Deadline - the only story on there is about the sequel being planned.

by Anonymousreply 3406/11/2013

I'm really tired of them using Christopher Nolan and his brother. What a pair of pretentious twats!

by Anonymousreply 3506/11/2013

Nolan does not do it for me, his movie don't have emotional weight.

by Anonymousreply 3606/11/2013

Nolan's only the producer. And his brother has nothing to do with this film.

But I agree - I hated The Prestige.

by Anonymousreply 3706/11/2013

Christopher Nolan is behind this film's story. David S. Goyer wrote the script, r37. David S. Goyer = Dark Knight trilogy. Same crap. Even the same composer. Oh, and don't forget Nolan's shitty wife.

Nolan = Burton

They get a hit, and the studios start hiring them for everything, even making them consultants. Nolan is being consultant for the television series.

by Anonymousreply 3806/11/2013

OP = Troll

by Anonymousreply 3906/11/2013

It made $82 million over the weekend and someone thinks that's bad news? I'm surprised it made anything...who the fuck wants to see Superman?

Apparently a lot of people who I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 4106/11/2013

Jesus Christ... I'm ashamed that so many of my fellow DLers are so stupid that they believe a fake box office report for a movie that has opened yet.

A fake NBA playoff game I would understand, but a fake box office report!!!

by Anonymousreply 4206/11/2013

JFC, R41. Read the fucking thread before posting!

by Anonymousreply 4306/11/2013

Apparently r41 can't read

by Anonymousreply 4406/11/2013

[quote]Nolan's only the producer.

"Only" the producer? While that could mean he has as much input as Mad Men "producer" Jon Hamm, it could also mean he oversaw/controlled a lot of the production.

by Anonymousreply 4506/11/2013

"Only the producer"

which means that he most likely had the most say regarding pretty much everything from casting, DP, director, editing .... only the producer ....

by Anonymousreply 4606/11/2013

[quote]Above the line costs are estimated at $100 million. No numbers on below the line costs, and the marketing campaign has to cost at least as much as the entire production did, so in order to break even they will have to make at least $250 million.

$250 million? No not even close. The Hollywood Reporter talked to a number of anon sources and they put the complete budget and print and advertising at close to $400 million. It'll have to double that - $800 million worldwide to make a profit.

by Anonymousreply 4706/11/2013

JFC you people don't know anything about film financing. Read this before you assume you know how much a film will need to "break even."

by Anonymousreply 4806/11/2013

Yes, people know the superman story too well. It is not new. I think that was the problem with the Routh one a few years ago. The cape, the tights and Lois Lane might also be a little bit too old-fashioned for the jaded bloodthirsty audience of today.

by Anonymousreply 4906/11/2013

Interesting... something like 90% of this thread falls for a clearly made up post about the box office returns for a movie that hasn't even opened yet. It's becoming a lot clearer how and why so many here fall for fake gossip items that make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 5006/11/2013

Isn't the role kinda a professional kiss of death?

BTW I don't like Cavill so muscly. He looked better leaner.

by Anonymousreply 5106/11/2013

[quote] which means that he most likely had the most say regarding pretty much everything from casting, DP, director, editing .... only the producer ...

It's hardly like it's Star Wars and they're hiring and old director to do the producer's bidding. Snyder might have a few shitty movies but he knows how to direct a blockbuster.

by Anonymousreply 5206/11/2013

"Man of Steel" Is Already Near Profit

Despite boasting a production budget of around $225 million, it looks like Warners won't have to wait long for its Superman reboot "Man of Steel" to get into the black.

Advertising Age and THR report that Warners has already recouped almost three-quarters of that budget before it has opened at the box-office.

With the help of around one hundred global promotional partners, the film has chalked up a collective $170 million in product placement and promotional support deals with the likes of Gillette, Mattel, Walmart, Fisher Price, Lego, Converse, Chrysler, Hershey, Nokia, Sears, Carl's Jr., Roebuck & Co., Hardee, Kellogg, Kinetics, Warby Parker and even the U.S. Army National Guard.

That number tops the seventy total promotional partners which Universal's "The Lorax" had early last year, and the $150 million that "The Dark Knight Rises" scored for its collective promotional support.

Even more international partners are expected to sign on before the film's U.S. launch next Friday, while the eventual DVD/Blu-ray release of "Man of Steel" is also expected to nab the studio a few more later this year.

Of course the production budget is only part of the cost, the marketing and promotional budget of a film this size is considerable. Nevertheless, 'Steel' is already looking likely to be one of the most profitable tentpoles released this season.

by Anonymousreply 5306/11/2013

[quote]Yet Brandon Routh never put on the tights again.

Because he refused to take off his tighty-whiteys again.

by Anonymousreply 5406/11/2013

I say, "Bravo, OP. Well played."

by Anonymousreply 5506/11/2013

R53...LOL!!!! Product placement!!!!!! So they whored themselves out to every conceivable company, and that's made them lots of money.

Who cares. lots of idiots will flock to it because it reaffirms the idea that the powerful are our saviors and that we are indebted to them.

by Anonymousreply 5606/11/2013

You lost me at "the success that Bryan Singer's Superman Returns reboot had established seven years earlier."

by Anonymousreply 5706/11/2013

I f&fd the PP.

by Anonymousreply 5806/11/2013

Takes the heat off me!

by Anonymousreply 5906/11/2013

He's just not Batman.

by Anonymousreply 6006/11/2013

OP = a bitter Joe Manganiello.

by Anonymousreply 6106/11/2013

"Despite boasting a production budget of around $225 million, it looks like Warners won't have to wait long for its Superman reboot "Man of Steel" to get into the black."

Well I have more money than God and even I wouldn't invest in that. After all, I've seen the results of when our iconic Women of Steel attempted to get into the black.

by Anonymousreply 6206/11/2013

R27 Yeah, the marketing campaign has been so ridiculous for this movie that they probably spend at least $100 million just on marketing - hell they're even advertising on Twizzler packages FFS!

If it's true that a movie has to earn double what it cost to make it in order to see a profit, then this movie will be lucky to break even.

by Anonymousreply 6306/11/2013

$100 million is standard P&A (print & advertising) for a movie. When you're saturating the market like this movie is it's more.

by Anonymousreply 6406/11/2013

STUPID Op.

by Anonymousreply 6506/11/2013

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think this movie isn't going to grab every dollar on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 6606/11/2013

R66 = Delusional Fat Cavill

by Anonymousreply 6706/11/2013

Ha Ha R62. I love that movie!

by Anonymousreply 6806/11/2013

I am still the prettiest Superman.

by Anonymousreply 6906/11/2013

Entertainment Weekly reviewed the movie and gave it a negative review and gave it 'C'.

by Anonymousreply 7006/11/2013

[quote]Man of Steel failed to build on the success that Bryan Singer's Superman Returns reboot had established seven years earlier.

This makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 7106/11/2013

Superman doesn't translate to the modern sensibility. He is too powerful. He is too earnest. He is too "white bread".

Batman and X-Men and perfect for modern tastes. Superman and Captain America are not.

by Anonymousreply 7206/11/2013

R72, Are you aware that most of these comic superheroes were created by Jews facing massive discrimination and bullying throughout their childhood? Plus America at that time was still dealing with massive threats and fears.

I don't think that it's a white bread superhero that's the issue; every child dreams of being very powerful one day. Superman's story lately does not reflect either it's historical past in turbulent times or contain the fantasy and romantic fun and tremendous humor evident in Superman II.

by Anonymousreply 7306/11/2013

Iron Man 3 didn't get the best reviews either and still made a shitload of money. Fact is, die-hard comic book fans don't give a fuck about what critics have to say.

by Anonymousreply 7406/11/2013

R74 The reason Iron Man was a success is because it has a futuristic and modern feel that fit's today's world. Superman is out-of-date and as R72 said, too "white bread".

by Anonymousreply 7506/11/2013

the one thing that WASN'T wrong with Superman Returns was Brandon Routh.

Wrong Lois.

Wrong Perry.

Wrong Luthor.

Martha was good.

The casting -- other than Brandon -- was really bad.

by Anonymousreply 7606/11/2013

Alright Brandon!

We get it already!

Look, I know you haven't got much going on nowadays, but please use your time more wisely than just commenting on thread after thread about yourself here at DL.

by Anonymousreply 7706/11/2013

@75. Yet Superman was most certainly considered outdated and "not with the times" back in the late 70's, but then......

by Anonymousreply 7806/11/2013

link please OP.

by Anonymousreply 7906/11/2013

All this over him, and they've not been able to make a Wonder Woman movie or TV reboot in over 30 years.

Merciful Minerva, what the fuck!!??

by Anonymousreply 8006/11/2013

R50 is such an idiot. This thread is about the international box office and $84 million is pretty dismal. Granted it hasn't opened in major markets like China or Japan yet but it's still not looking good. Hopefully it'll open big in the US next week. Otherwise there's no hope.

by Anonymousreply 8106/12/2013

I've accepted two propositions by now:

1) DLers simply WANT certain films to fail, either because they star an actor they don't like (e.g. Anne Hathaway or Will Smith) or because a closet case is in it. Clearly, the latter is the reason here. It's the same reason DL always roots for Tammy Cruise's films to fail.

2) Regardless of "Man of Steel's" actual BO, it will still be deemed a "failure" on DL. Even if it grosses over a billion worldwide, DLers will claim that after all the advertising, marketing and promotion is factored in, it's barely making a profit for the studio. BULLSHIT. It has a 70% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes (vs. 11% for the godawful "After Earth"), which is pretty impressive for a major studio tentpole flick (particularly one retelling a story nearly everyone is already familiar with).

by Anonymousreply 8206/12/2013

r38, what's your issue with Emma Thomas?

She's the only one who seems decent, i.e. could have a legitimate career on her own, unlike Jonathan.

No offense, but you sound like a fired PA.

(If so, and you'd like to spill it, please do.)

by Anonymousreply 8306/12/2013

{R5} most movies up in the US first, though that is changing. Don't be a douchebag (looking for any reason to bash the us) queenface.

by Anonymousreply 8406/12/2013

Advance US reviews are not good (when was the last time Entertainment Weekly gave a big studio tentpole release anything lower than a B? Even Hangover III got a B), and there's little advance excitement about going to see it.

Look for it to open #1 this weekend, yes, but be out of the top three in a week and down around 8 or 9 the week after and gone before July 4.

by Anonymousreply 8506/12/2013

A "C" in Entertainment Weekly is basically a "D-" in any publication that has a shred of credibility.

Still, that's a terrible rating for them. And doesn't WB technically own EW?

by Anonymousreply 8606/12/2013

Between Singer's version and the ads and early word on this, it's clear that there's no vision for Superman in the 21st century. Singer basically told the same story from the Donner films with a weird reproductive twist.

And this? He's misunderstood? Huh?

The character's strength is in his contrast to his villains -- that's the story, that and how someone so powerful has limits. The character has been humbled on a universal scale. The scripts need to play this up, the Earth's adopted hero getting challenged and his ass kicked...

And the ads should have him as nude as possible. He's a sex symbol. This isn't the 30s, the 50s where his image was built.

by Anonymousreply 8706/12/2013

Am I in a time warp? I thought Man of Steel opens Friday June 14. You know, in the FUTURE.

by Anonymousreply 8806/12/2013

It has not opened in Australia yet but there is a positive spin here.

by Anonymousreply 8906/12/2013

I was done with Superman after Superman II in 1981. Christopher Reeve was the best.

by Anonymousreply 9006/12/2013

yeah, Reeve was da best! This dude is TOO SHORT to be superman. He ain't super!

by Anonymousreply 9106/12/2013

[quote]Am I in a time warp? I thought Man of Steel opens Friday June 14. You know, in the FUTURE.

OMG, how many times does it need to be said this is for international BO, not US. Not everything is about the US. Yes, Man of Steal opens in the future on Friday, June 14 in THE US. It'll probably do better in the US since all those simpletons want to see the red, white and blue. USA! USA! USA!

by Anonymousreply 9206/12/2013

I still think this thread is stupid. Did anyone ever provide a link? Box Office Mojo and THR have nothing on this. The film has not opened in the UK or China or India. Even if it did gross $84M in smaller territories that would be a good take. This is a stupid thread.

by Anonymousreply 9306/12/2013

I thought we established this post is a fraud. It hasn't opened internationally yet.

by Anonymousreply 9406/12/2013

[quote]This thread is about the international box office and $84 million is pretty dismal. Granted it hasn't opened in major markets like China or Japan yet but it's still not looking good.

Yep, $84 million is very dismal, especially considering the hundreds of millions of dollars they poured into marketing. But the fanbois/fangurls don't want to face reality.

R85 Exactly. You know when softball Entertainment Weekly gives you a 'C' that it must be a pretty dire movie.

by Anonymousreply 9606/12/2013

R96, you don't want to face reality that these numbers are fakes since it hasn't opened anywhere yet. See post r94 for box office charts as of June 9.

by Anonymousreply 9706/12/2013

JFC at all the fuckwits who insist on posting in this thread without reading it first. THE ORIGINAL POST IS A FRAUD!

by Anonymousreply 9806/12/2013

I love OP. A lot wittier and more entertaining than the pathetic posts announcing that s/he's a fraud.

Yes, you regurgitating dummies, we know that, but it's fun shitting on this bloated flop-to-be. And OP did it in the greatest way possible.

by Anonymousreply 9906/12/2013

People were walking out of "Man of Steel" last night and going into the theater that was showing Pola Negri in "Hotel Imperial."

by Anonymousreply 10006/12/2013

[quote]Advance US reviews are not good

Stop pulling shit out of your ass! The film got overwhelmingly positive reviews in the US.

by Anonymousreply 10106/12/2013

Man of Steel is getting mixed reviews- compared to the absolute love fest from TOP critics for the Spiderman reboot last year.

Spiderman-80% vs Man of Steel 56% (and falling)

by Anonymousreply 10206/12/2013

I don't like Superman much, but I will see the movie.

by Anonymousreply 10306/12/2013

r102, you want to start linking for a change?

The film will be a success despite any critical reaction. The sequel is already greenlighted.

by Anonymousreply 10406/12/2013

Per Variety:

Audiences will have to wait until Monday, June 10, to find out just how good, when the film’s review embargo lifts at 8:00 p.m. PT, the same night as the film’s world premiere in New York.

Directed by Zack Snyder and starring Henry Cavill, “Man of Steel” was produced by Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven and rolls out internationally beginning June 13.

by Anonymousreply 10506/12/2013

It seems many are trying hard to pimp this movie.

by Anonymousreply 10606/12/2013

I can't believe this thread is still going! I suspect that its either a Marvel fan or even worse, someone obsessed with one of the actors whom Cavill beat out for the role. As already stated, the success of the sci-fi fantasy genre of films are generally not contingent on critic reviews. So sit your ass down, hold off your victory dance (which you will not get anyway...) until the numbers are in next Monday.

by Anonymousreply 10706/12/2013

What's funny is so many DLers take everything they read on DL as true, so despite the rave rewiews and the buckets of money it's going to make, Man of Steel will forever be a FLOP in their mind because they read it on a DL thread one time.

by Anonymousreply 10806/12/2013

OP should never use exclamation points again!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10906/12/2013

When they announced that Zack Snyder was directing this, that was all I needed to know. I'm avoiding it not because I am a Marvel fanboy or a film snob, but for for the fact I suffered through both "Watchmen" and "Sucker Punch".

by Anonymousreply 11006/12/2013

Plus, Synder LOVES putting homophobic 'humor' in his movies, and Goyer is the asshole who ex-gayed Davinci.

My roommate has an old Premiere magazine where Snyder admits he made the Persian king in 300 flamboyantly gay so he could elicit a gay-panic reaction in the teen boys going to the movie. He's a fucking piece of shit.

What's with DC Comics aligning itself with homophobes anyway??

by Anonymousreply 11106/12/2013

Thanks for the explanation.

$84 million is smaller foreign territories is not bad at all. Not for a rehashed story.

by Anonymousreply 11206/12/2013

I kind of love OP. I love the reactions from all the fanboys here and all over the internet because they're precious Superman is getting meh reviews.

Seriously, what the hell did they expect with Zack Snyder directing?

Right now it's 66% fresh on rotten tomatoes - and 56% with top critics and falling.

by Anonymousreply 11306/12/2013

r'112, are you kidding?

If not, better see posts r94 and r105 for "the explanation."

by Anonymousreply 11406/12/2013

That opening number is pathetic. Worse than The Green Lantern. DC should be embarrassed. Marvel is kicking it's ass!

by Anonymousreply 11506/12/2013

How miserable must one's life be to have to sit and follow a comic book movie's ratings and box office.

People like R115 scare me. Why the obsession? It is a comic book movie. It is not supposed to be Citizen Kane.

by Anonymousreply 11606/12/2013

It is NOT getting bad reviews...GROW UP!!!

by Anonymousreply 11706/12/2013

More space opera than superhero movie, Man Of Steel, Zack Snyder’s Superman reboot, focuses almost exclusively on the DC Comics icon’s alien backstory. This gamble doesn’t entirely pay off; by effectively denying Superman his defining traits—his complex relationships to duty and humanity—the movie robs the character of any depth or agency. Decisions, not daring, shape heroes, and since Man Of Steel’s Superman never has a chance to make a decision, he never registers as anything more than a handsome, inscrutable alien with a smug smirk.

by Anonymousreply 11806/12/2013

Are there lots of romantic scenes for Clark & Lois?

by Anonymousreply 11906/12/2013

Um, yeah it is, R117. It's not being nearly as well received as TDK trilogy, or The Avengers, or Iron Man 3.

by Anonymousreply 12006/12/2013

I tied a beach towel around my neck and pretended I was Superman all day long. I'm VERY excited about this movie. So is everyone I know.

I'm 58 years old.

by Anonymousreply 12106/12/2013

R106 Yeah, it's weird. You would think they were getting something out of it...

by Anonymousreply 12206/12/2013

Down to an embarrassing 62% on RT.

by Anonymousreply 12306/12/2013

As much as wanted to love the movie, I didn't like it. I don't mind if they go dark territory or alter the original storyline, but I found the writing and story/character development clunky and lacking by a lot. Already near end of the film, I didn't give a crap who died and who lived. There were quite some scenes that made you laugh-- laugh at it and not with it, unfortunately, due to some cheeseball acting/dialogue. On the upside, the VFX was good.

by Anonymousreply 12406/12/2013

R124 Pretty much what all of the reviews are echoing and pretty much what I expected - a movie with shitty acting and relying on visuals to make up for a shitty script.

by Anonymousreply 12506/13/2013

It's a shame the rights didn't expire. Maybe then the paying audience would get a good thought-out movie instead of some thrown together shit.

by Anonymousreply 12606/13/2013

@125. I haven't read anything about shitty acting, just that Cavill is a bit stiff and Adams is underused.

by Anonymousreply 12706/13/2013

As our hero, Henry Cavill looks like, well, a freaking god. (An Immortal?) But I'm afraid that on the rare occasion that he's required to do anything more than fix his gaze on the horizon, he's completely flat, his line delivery monotone and featureless. It's possible he was directed to speak like the vocal equivalent of waiting room wall color, but I have my suspicions about his abilities as an actor. He leaves exactly no impression beyond his almost too-chiseled good looks, though (dis)credit for that must also be given to the writing and directing, which throws us into the story without every really introducing us to our hero.

by Anonymousreply 12806/13/2013

Rex Reed panned it (2 out of 4 stars) and the fans are in major meltdown mode.

by Anonymousreply 12906/13/2013

R128, yes, that's the problem with Cavill. He really is handsome, but flat. It's not a problem when they want to re-make Superman away from the goody-two shoes, smiley image, and go for the brooding/angsty/stoic guy, but Cavill lacks charisma. Plus, the character development didn't help his case (or anyone else's, for that matter). Take Hiddleston as Loki, tormented, but has presence. Evil, but has charisma. He's the villain, but you feel for him. And as Zod, sheesh, Shannon *really* doesn't let you forget he's the villain.

by Anonymousreply 13006/13/2013

Most of the reviews that I have seen have praised his acting. Enough so that it makes me curious to see if I would agree.

I have seen him in stuff where I thought he was quite good and stuff where he was just really bad, like Cold Light of Day.

He seems like a nice enough guy, that I guess I am rooting for him to have some success.

by Anonymousreply 13106/13/2013

[quote]Rex Reed panned it (2 out of 4 stars) and the fans are in major meltdown mode.

Yep, the fans are losing their sanity over all the bad reviews. Just look at freaks like R131 who are in denial at all the FACTS: Rex Reed panned it, Entertainment Weekly gave it a 'C' (and they almost never give less than a B-), the Variety review panned it and talked about how emotionless Cavill's "acting" is, and it's got a 62% rating on RT.

by Anonymousreply 13206/13/2013

Fuck you, R132. You have no idea what you're talking about. It didn't even open yet.

by Anonymousreply 13306/13/2013

[quote]a movie with shitty acting and relying on visuals to make up for a shitty script

So, basically a typical Zack Snyder movie then?

by Anonymousreply 13406/13/2013

It made Brandon Routh a household name and great career.

by Anonymousreply 13506/13/2013

Brandon Routh is laughing as I type.

by Anonymousreply 13606/13/2013

Why does everyone care so much if it bombs or not besides the people involved? The emotions on this thread are running so high. I'm trying to figure out who's a shill, who's a fanboi and who's just trolling for fun. The thing that's stood out to me in every preview is how absolutely colorless the whole thing looks.

I agree with R134, that's why I'm not going. Zack Snyder is a hack.

by Anonymousreply 13706/13/2013

It's a HUGE HIT!: in the Phillippines and Taiwan, where it earned $1.7 million and $794,742, respectively.

[quote]Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' much-anticipated Man of Steel is already off to a record-breaking start in Southeast Asia, where the superhero tentpole scored the biggest opening day of all time in the Philippines and the biggest opening day for a WB film in Taiwan.

[quote]Overseas, Man of Steel is opening day and date in 24 markets, landing first in the Phillippines and Taiwan, where it earned $1.7 million and $794,742, respectively. Among other major markets, it opens in the U.K. and Mexico on Friday. The following weekend, the tentpole opens in 26 additional markets, including China, France, Germany, Italy, Russia and Spain.

by Anonymousreply 13806/13/2013

LMAO! It's rating keeps plummeting on RT - now it's down to 57%! So basically, the movie is an 'F' for Failure.

Even James Franco's new goofball movie "This is the End" has an 83% rating - how embarrassing!

by Anonymousreply 13906/13/2013

Predictions are coming in at between 100-135 million in 3-days in the USA alone. It won't topple the Avengers but it will out pace Superman Returns (thanks to 3D ticket sales) which adjusting for today's dollars made 102 million in 5 days.

by Anonymousreply 14006/13/2013

R140 Sure it will have a big opening this weekend, but after this weekend, expect a drastic fall. The reviews have been awful from both critics and regular people who have seen it.

by Anonymousreply 14106/13/2013

Ya'll some hateful, spiteful bitches!

by Anonymousreply 14206/13/2013

And what is it to you Luke @ R142 ?

by Anonymousreply 14306/13/2013

I am by my phone now waiting for the head of Warner Bros Studios to ring and apologize on behalf of the studio and the worldwide audience for their now all too apparent short-sighted criticisms of my Superman Returns in the wake of the bomb that Man Of Steel has turned out to be. I am ready to resume my rightful role and look forward to seeing all my fans in the next Superman film Your Sincerely Brandon Routh,

by Anonymousreply 14406/14/2013

Wow, it didn't even make a million in Taiwan. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 14506/14/2013

Why didn't they open it on Wednesday? It's the summer, after all.

I agree w the posters who think it will have a big opening weekend and then plummet after that. Reviews and word of mouth will kill it.

by Anonymousreply 14606/14/2013

And when World War Z comes out next weekend, Man of Flops will disappear completely.

by Anonymousreply 14706/14/2013

perhaps but monsters university will murder man of dog shit.

by Anonymousreply 14906/14/2013

[quote] The reviews have been awful from both critics and regular people who have seen it.

Liar.

by Anonymousreply 15006/14/2013

Saw it last night. Bomb bad

by Anonymousreply 15106/14/2013

R141 is a Marvel fluffer who gives his mancunt to the top execs at Disney! He used to be DC/WB's bitch but they found out he was a double agent....

by Anonymousreply 15206/14/2013

We need to discuss Zakk Snyder. And his failing upward.

by Anonymousreply 15306/14/2013

What? No love for me??

by Anonymousreply 15406/14/2013

i saw it too. i thought it was great in the beginning. but then the destruction started. the last 45 minutes are ludicrous and flout the quiter moments in the beginning.

it wont bomb however. it will be one of the biggest money makers of the year. mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 15506/14/2013

You comic book geeks are a bunch of fucking freak losers!! My God, these steaming meltdowns over a comic book movie. Unless you are 11 or under, this is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 15606/14/2013

Was the Man of Steel on any late night talk shows?

by Anonymousreply 15706/14/2013

I get so tired of the geeks and their critical voices...they all sound like sniveling little fools, to me.

by Anonymousreply 15806/14/2013

It's DianE Lane, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 15906/14/2013

Thanks AnnE! Sometimes it's hard to post things while holding a bag of frozen peas to my eye!

by Anonymousreply 16006/14/2013

It looks stupid.

by Anonymousreply 16106/14/2013

Saw it today, and loved it. The 10 and 11 a.m. matinees were completely sold out, and there were long lines waiting to see it when I was leaving the theater. Theater workers told me that early ticket sales for the evening shows were brisk, and they expected them to sell out early.

by Anonymousreply 17106/14/2013

So apparently it's going to do alright. I never understood the love of Superman but as long as Tom Cruise doesn't star in it...I'm glad it's doing well.

by Anonymousreply 17206/14/2013

I just saw it and thought it was fantastic. I'm a big geek when it comes to the comics and never cared for Superman, but this movie was truly great.

by Anonymousreply 17306/14/2013

People I know who've seen it -- half straight men, half gay -- said it was great. And I'm a lesbian, so I have nothing invested in Henry Cavill's success.

by Anonymousreply 17406/14/2013

[quote]Hey, did you hear about how small OP's penis is and what a piss-poor cocksucker he is... there, it must be true, its on datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 17606/14/2013

Shit film, the only thing that stood out was the fight scene's. Like transformers but with a super hero.

by Anonymousreply 17706/14/2013

If you dump a box of flags and a Norman Rockwell painting into the Matrix sequel while whispering "This is important" you have Man of Steel.

by Anonymousreply 17806/14/2013

R177, that's exactly what I assumed after watching the trailer and reading the reviews.

I have never watched a Transformers movie and I don't plan to start with Man of Steel.

by Anonymousreply 17906/14/2013

More from Nikki:

FRIDAY 7:30 PM, 3RD UPDATE: It’s already setting records for the biggest opening for June and the second biggest weekend openingr of 2013 as Warner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) is flying high at the domestic box office today. My sources have now increased their estimates to $51M Friday, $124.4M for the three-day weekend, and $134.4M for the four-day cume through Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 18106/14/2013

Saw the movie today and I should have listened to all the bad reviews from critics on Rotten Tomatos. It was very boring, about 45 minutes too long, and Cavill cannot act whatsoever. Big waste of money and I suggest that you wait until the movie comes out on Netflix.

This Cavill guy really is awful. I imagine him having a Vin Diesel type career - The Fast & Furious movies always do great at the box office, but everything else he does is a flop.

by Anonymousreply 18206/14/2013

R183 = OP = deranged Marvel fanboi.

by Anonymousreply 18306/14/2013

If, and I did say IF, the movie makes money will Cavill et al get to make a sequel?

by Anonymousreply 18406/15/2013

I wasted $24 for tickets on this Man of Steel movie and it sucked. I think there is nothing but industry shills on this board promoting this film. I'll say it again, it SUCKED. At least the popcorn was good. Oh, and Rotten Tomatoes gives it 57%

by Anonymousreply 18506/15/2013

What Critics Are Saying About Henry Cavill’s Superman in Man of Steel

"Mr. Cavill, a pretty man whose body has been inflated to Bluto-esque proportions." —New York Times

"Still, at least repeatedly saving the life of pretty investigative journalist Lois Lane (Amy Adams) earns him a kiss. It’s too bad that Cavill’s superhuman stiffness makes it look as though she’s trying to snog a piece of granite." —Daily Mail

"First off, there's the problem of casting in the central role. 'I can do things that others can't,' Kal-El tells the grievously injured Lois as he cauterizes her wound with sizzling eyebeams. It's tempting to think that another actor might have done things Mr. Cavill can't, but there's no way of knowing, given Mr. Snyder's stiff direction and the generally turgid dialogue." —Wall Street Journal

(more at link)

by Anonymousreply 18606/15/2013

Thought it was good to very good. I thought Amy Adams was a good Lois. I thought she was spirited without crossing over to obnoxious like the TV versions tended to do from time to time. Cavill was decent to good but not great. I actually thought he was better than Bale who I thought was the weak link of the Batman movies.

My biggest complaint is that some of the action scenes could have been tightened and got to be a little repetitious. There have been too many action movies now where the powers seem to just want to blow up building after building with CGI. Plus in this movie there couple of scenes where the building collapse seemed really fake. The overkill kind of takes the suspense of the scene and can get a bit tedious.

Overall though - thought it was good and did not feel like it was just a rehash. The origin story had a fresh take to it. On a superficial level, there were some scenes where Henry looked like was a Greek god and some scenes where he looked haggard and old. The lighting was a bit harsh and washed out from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 18706/15/2013

[quote]I wasted $24 for tickets on this Man of Steel movie and it sucked. I think there is nothing but industry shills on this board promoting this film. I'll say it again, it SUCKED. At least the popcorn was good. Oh, and Rotten Tomatoes gives it 57%

I agree that industry shills are on this board (and others) trying to promote this piece of shit film - it's obvious by the way they get angry at the people who didn't like it. I saw it as well and it was a waste of money and time.

[quote]If, and I did say IF, the movie makes money will Cavill et al get to make a sequel?

They say a movie has to make double what it cost to make for it to make a profit, so that means it would have to make $400 million. Also, I wonder how much they paid for marketing? I've seen them advertise this movie on everything from Dodge commercials to Twizzlers. I'm guessing a good $60 million on advertising alone.

IF they do make a sequel, they need to scrap the entire cast and start over with new actors.

by Anonymousreply 18806/15/2013

Henry Cavill is possibly the hottest actor to star in a blockbuster. He is almost distractingly hot. When he takes his shirt off, you have to remind yourself that he is playing Superman, not the Incredible Hulk. His body is just sick.

by Anonymousreply 18906/15/2013

I thought the origins story was fresh and interesting. Yes, it was dark and heavy, but smart people don't need everything to be silly or light to enjoy entertainment. The movie declines as it devolves into predicable action movie stunts, such as repetitive and derivative street fights between Superman and Zod. We have seen this done before and better in Thor. However, the cast is first rate. Cavill is Super, Michael Shannon is a worthy villain, and Russell Crowe is the soul of the movie. The movie could have been edited down to about 1:55 and been better for it. But the most important thing is that Cavill is worthy of the tights and name.

by Anonymousreply 19006/15/2013

I agree. When he was bearded and shirtless on the oil rigger rescuing people, he looked just like Wolferine. His body was on fire.

by Anonymousreply 19106/15/2013

I didn't like Heath Ledger in his role as "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 19206/15/2013

Cavill needs to share his workout routine. I wanted to leave the theater and go straight to the gym and drink some creatine.

by Anonymousreply 19306/15/2013

I wanted to leave the theater and go straight to his house and drink his protein.

by Anonymousreply 19406/15/2013

Hated it. It's a big CGI shitstorm. The actors are good but the movie is an a.d.d. mess. IF this is the future of filmmaking, we're doomed. Give me some relatable human drama, not computer generated fakery.

by Anonymousreply 19506/15/2013

Each time I remember Superman doing the dramatic back float before flying off Zod's ship to save Lois in the wreck of a shuttle, never fails to make me laugh. Dra. Ma.

by Anonymousreply 19606/15/2013

Not to mention every second counts and he just takes his time to do a back float. Drama queen, that Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 19706/15/2013

You mean Cavill's hotness wasn't enough to keep everyone's attention?

by Anonymousreply 19806/15/2013

The biggest thing that bothered me was that this Superman had no regard for human life. He didn't care how many people he killed in collateral damage while he was fighting Lex Luthor. He threw him through building without knowing if people were inside, he threw him through gas stations making them explode, he made buildings collapse, raining concrete on the people below and trapping people in the collapsed buildings.

How could the America people think he is a hero after all the death and destruction he caused. If I had a friend die in that destruction, I would never accept him as my personal Savior. There would be so many people against Superman.

by Anonymousreply 19906/15/2013

[quote]Henry Cavill is possibly the hottest actor to star in a blockbuster.

Not really. He looks like an owl.

by Anonymousreply 20006/15/2013

R181 Is Nikki getting paid to give all those updates as if it's important news?

by Anonymousreply 20106/15/2013

R1/R194/R197/R199 Trolldar is not your friend honey. You're the same one who started other pointless HC threads like "Man of Steal has instantly throttled Henry Cavill to the A-list overnight!" and "Can't I just... keep pretending I'm your son?"

The most bizarre part is how you call him "Fat Cavill" in R1 of this thread, and then in you start talking about how much you love him in your other posts. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 20206/15/2013

R203 = Angry they got caught

by Anonymousreply 20406/15/2013

OMG, I just realized why you're mad at Trolldar - you're the same troll who started the "Should I give up my dream of being a male model?"

Wow, you must be bored!

by Anonymousreply 20506/15/2013

Man of Steel is the People's Picture. 8.4 on imdb despite 59% rotten tomatoes from critics.

by Anonymousreply 20706/15/2013

[quote][R203] = Angry they got caught

Uh, got caught discussing a movie? Um, okaaay. Go read R202 again. Were those posts that he so bizarrely highlighted not discussing the movie?

by Anonymousreply 20806/15/2013

[quote]Man of Steel is the People's Picture. 8.4 on imdb despite 59% rotten tomatoes from critics.

Actually it's 57% on RT, but in any case, of course it's going to have a high rating on IMDB - that's fangurl central and they give their favorite actors good reviews and ratings no matter what. That's why only the critic reviews can be taken seriously, because they're unbiased.

by Anonymousreply 20906/15/2013

On track for the biggest June opening ever.

by Anonymousreply 21006/15/2013

Actually it's 57% on RT, but in any case, of course it's going to have a lower rating on DL - that's pointless bitchery central and they give their gay actors bad reviews and ratings no matter what. That's why only the critic reviews can be taken seriously, because they're unbiased.

by Anonymousreply 21106/15/2013

DL hates everything and even if something is successful they will create such an elaborate fantasy (see this thread title for exampl) as to convince themselves it is a failure.

by Anonymousreply 21206/15/2013

Wrong, R213. Not a comic fan, not even gonna see this movie. But here you are, PRETENDING this movie is a flop, when it clearly is not, and is going to have the biggest June debut EVER.

Why is is so important for you that this movie is a flop that you have to lie to yourself and others? There's something going on in your head that isn't right.

by Anonymousreply 21406/15/2013

Doesn't the biggest June opening ever mean basically tickets are more expensive this year? In 2014 some June movie will open and have the biggest opening ever. And so on.

by Anonymousreply 21506/15/2013

Kind of like Madonna tours, r215.

by Anonymousreply 21606/15/2013

[bold]‘Man of Steel’ Is Fun to Watch, But It’s Still a Failure. [/bold]

This Superman has the rare ability of making us look back fondly on 2006’s nostalgic Superman Returns—a film that elicited a nearly universal “meh.” Not once in Snyder’s film is there a moment like this, when Superman, having impregnated Lois and then disappeared for five years, shows up for an awkward conversation.

by Anonymousreply 21706/15/2013

[quote]the only thing that stood out was the fight scene's.

OH MY!

by Anonymousreply 21806/15/2013

They made Lois too stupid in this. How could she not recognize Clark as Superman in the end? "Nice to meet you?" Uh, you've met before, you stupid ditz. Pulitzer prize-winning journalist, my ass.

by Anonymousreply 21906/16/2013

Lois has always been stupid. A pair of glasses fools her.

by Anonymousreply 22106/16/2013

[quote]A movie is either going to do well or flop no matter what you say about it. Why on earth would it matter to anyone not directly involved in the film?

I completely agree. My sense of self worth is not tied to the success or failure of this film. LES MIZ, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 22406/16/2013

r219, some people have a disorder wherein they cannot recognize faces.

by Anonymousreply 22506/16/2013

Do those of you who desperately wanted this film to flop feel stupid now? It's a box office success! Suck it up haters! You don't even have a bad Cinemascore to support your dislike of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 22606/16/2013

Man of Steel: 113.1 million for the weekend. And 125 million including Thursday early screenings.

"Though the movie obviously performed well nationwide given its huge opening, it showed particular strength in the Midwest, said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman."

"But here’s the rub: the five-day Wed-Sun debut of Superman Returns, which was $83 million back in July, 2006, would be around $103 million today adjusted for inflation and about $118 million adjusted for a normal 3D/IMAX bump. As such, the much-anticipated, heavily-marketed, etc. etc. Man Of Steel sold just over 15 million tickets, or just a bit more than the 13 million tickets that Superman Returns sold in its official debut weekend. So what seems like a massive improvement on its face is partially merely seven years of inflation and the aforementioned 3D/IMAX advantage. Truth be told, it’s not a slam on Man Of Steel (because a $125 million debut is an unmitigated triumph for pretty much anything outside of a The Avengers 2 or Avatar 2) but just reinforces that Superman Returns, which earned $200 million domestic and $395 million worldwide, wasn’t so much a bomb as a massively over-budgeted tent-pole which couldn’t deliver record-breaking numbers to justify its $270 million budget."

by Anonymousreply 22706/16/2013

Biggest June opening ever.

by Anonymousreply 22806/16/2013

Does the op feel like a fool?

by Anonymousreply 22906/16/2013

Oh wow, Superman Returns actually beat Man of Steal when inflation is taken in. How embarrassing for Man of Steal. Can't even beat the worst Superman movie bomb.

by Anonymousreply 23106/16/2013

[quote]Oh wow, Superman Returns actually beat Man of Steal when inflation is taken in. How embarrassing for Man of Steal. Can't even beat the worst Superman movie bomb.

Yep, after all that endless advertising and promotion, it still ended up flopping worse than Superman Returns.

So it's final: Critical and commercial flop. And this week is going to be all about World War Z and Man of Flops will be long forgotten. Oh well, maybe next time they can choose a GOOD actor to play Superman.

by Anonymousreply 23206/16/2013

Someone diagnose R232. I know he has some kind of mental disorder.

by Anonymousreply 23306/16/2013

[quote]Does the op feel like a fool?

The OP also started a bunch of those shilly-sounding threads about how great M of S was going to be, so I don't think he gives a shit whether the movie succeeds or fails, he just wanted to annoy people with a million threads about it.

by Anonymousreply 23406/16/2013

You morons who are being paid by rival studios and marvel really need to take a time out. you're so desperate to try to make MOS seem like a flop that you're using the irrelevant 'adjusted for inflation' comparison to a 7 year old film.

Please, just stop and lay down, it's over. You were wrong, and MOS is doing fine. Broke a June record and there will be MORE from Henry Cavill, Zack and Chris.

:P

by Anonymousreply 23506/17/2013

Nicolas Cage should have played Superman as originally planned. He would have brought much needed gravatis as well as acting chops.

by Anonymousreply 23606/17/2013

Yes $125 million in its first weekend in the US - the best June opening EVER.

"They finally got the Superman formula right" said Paul Dergarabedian, an analyst for box office tracker Hollywood.com.

Obviously they just needed a British actor, to lend the franchise a bit of class.

by Anonymousreply 23706/17/2013

The most delusional part is the notion that Superman Returns was the biggest Superman flop. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 23806/17/2013

Why do Matt Bomer's fangirls hate Henry Cavil so much? OP?

by Anonymousreply 23906/17/2013

Yep, the sequel is already a done deal.

by Anonymousreply 24006/17/2013

It's...okay.

I don't resent having spent money to see it, but it's...okay.

by Anonymousreply 24106/17/2013

[quote]Biggest June opening ever.

Of course, as tickets become more expensive this record will be broken every year. It is meaningless PR jargon.

by Anonymousreply 24206/17/2013

[quote]"They finally got the Superman formula right" said Paul Dergarabedian, an analyst for box office tracker Hollywood.com.

I guess the Christopher Reeve movies never existed?

by Anonymousreply 24306/17/2013

Even it hadn't been the biggest June opening ever, they would have qualified the statement like 'biggest June opening for a superhero movie that wasn't Batman' or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 24406/17/2013

Henry Cavill doesn't have staying power because his acting is complete shit.

Hot guys in Hollywood are easy to come by.

by Anonymousreply 24506/17/2013

[quote]I guess the Christopher Reeve movies never existed?

No. They didn't get it right. Can you not comprehend what they are saying? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 24606/17/2013

[quote]Henry Cavill doesn't have staying power because his acting is complete shit.

He's set for the sequel and Justice League. He'll be Superman for the next decade, unless he drops dead.

by Anonymousreply 24706/17/2013

[quote]Why do Matt Bomer's fangirls hate Henry Cavil so much? OP?

I love both. I'd love to get dp by them.

by Anonymousreply 24906/17/2013

I find it really odd that someone has some sort of emotional reaction to how much money a movie makes. OP is a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 25006/17/2013

[quote]How does it effect you?

lol.

by Anonymousreply 25106/17/2013

--15 million tickets opening weekend (Man of Steel) vs. 13 million tickets opening weekend (Superman Returns)

-- $125 million opening weekend (Man of Steel) vs. $118 million (adjusted for inflation and 3D/IMAX) opening weekend (Superman Returns)

--Man of Steel would have to best $455 million (Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation) domestic of the first Superman to truly be #1. Can it happen?

by Anonymousreply 25206/17/2013

With the best Father's Day earnings, with foreign box office in 24 countries, MoS has earned $200.3 million.

Ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 25306/17/2013

"said Paul Dergarabedian"

With a surname like that he must be from Krypton...

by Anonymousreply 25406/17/2013

Box Office Mojo: Tracking Man of Steel box office compared to other Superman movies.

by Anonymousreply 25506/17/2013

If R236 was joking, that was one of the funniest posts I've read in a while.

by Anonymousreply 25606/17/2013

R252 I also read that Superman The Movie adjusted for inflation worldwide box office gross would be over a BILLION dollars, if released today

Can MOS top that?

by Anonymousreply 25706/17/2013

That's an unfair comparison. Superman the Movie was not only the first Superman movie, but the first big budget superhero movie. Though many wouldn't admit it, it has served as a template for many comic book films. It was just one of those movies where they got so many things right and that kind of movie magic is hard to pull off in any film. Man of Steel is at a disadvantage in so many ways (most of which have nothing to do with the film's content) its staggering.

by Anonymousreply 25806/17/2013

I’m personally interested in it solely because of Henry Cavill’s face, so I’m sure I’m going to see it eventually. I don’t think I’ll be able to catch it in the theater though because of how busy my job at DISH has me right now. I’m going to add Man of Steal to my Blockbuster @Home queue through my DISH account instead. That way, when it comes out on DVD, it’ll show up in my mailbox and I won’t have to go out of my way to track it down. It’s a lot easier because I used to always forget to go rent the movies I missed in the theater, but now they always come to me!

by Anonymousreply 25906/18/2013

R255 Wow, what a flop.

by Anonymousreply 26006/18/2013

Dontcha feel a bit sorry for the poor old "MoS is a flop" troll?

Who the fuck would have thought there would be a website which actually goes to the trouble of indexing box office takings to inflation, thereby undermining his carefully contrived fake statistics?

Bless him!

by Anonymousreply 26106/18/2013

[quote]Why do Matt Bomer's fangirls hate Henry Cavil so much? OP?

Henry Cavill is Matt Bomer's nemesis with better sounding name and manlier look.

by Anonymousreply 26206/18/2013

Warner Brothers pushed the film to fundie pastors, saying it was a Christian allegory and they should get their congregations to go. Can you believe that?

By the way, I know for a fact that theaters will cheat, crediting ticket sells to one movie over another. You can't trust anything anymore...not even ticket sells. I think AMC should me investigated.

by Anonymousreply 26306/18/2013

[quote]Henry Cavill is Matt Bomer's nemesis with better sounding name and manlier look.

On what planet is Fat Cavill manly? Growing a beard and having big muscles doesn't change flaming expressions like this:

by Anonymousreply 26406/18/2013

r264, the overall perception among American viewers is that Cavill is very, very manly. He definitely impressed in MOS.

by Anonymousreply 26506/18/2013

r259, Cavill's nice face takes a backseat to his torso in this movie.

by Anonymousreply 26606/18/2013

Who is that in R264? That's obviously not Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 26706/18/2013

According to boxofficemojo.com

"Man of Steel expands in to France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia and China next weekend—if it does similarly strong business in those markets, an overseas gross north of $500 million is likely."

:-)

by Anonymousreply 26806/18/2013

Domestic up to $271m, international $315m, total worldwide over $586m.

All studios should have a bomb like this.

by Anonymousreply 26907/07/2013

Hopefully, it can reach $300 million domestically before it leaves theaters in late August/Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 27007/07/2013

Cavill will be another Vin Diesel - stuck in a franchise and unsuccessful in anything else.

by Anonymousreply 27107/07/2013

This movie was god-awful.

by Anonymousreply 27207/07/2013

Perhaps; but "bombs beyond belief" was just a stupid lie.

by Anonymousreply 27307/07/2013

Domestic: t $271,206,000 t Foreign: t $315,600,000 t = Worldwide: t $586,806,000 t

by Anonymousreply 27607/07/2013

What do you think Henry Cavill's farts smell like?

by Anonymousreply 27807/07/2013

[quote]And yet Vin Diesel is famous and millionaire, and you are what?

So being rich and moderately famous makes him more important and special than people who aren't?

Dumbasses like you are exactly why our society is so fucked up. You'll treat a celeb like they're god just because they make some shitty movie, but people who do real jobs (firefighters, nurses, doctors, teachers, etc,) aren't worth anything as far as you're concerned because they're not "rich and famous".

by Anonymousreply 27907/07/2013

Since this one has bombed, who will be the next Superman? Any idea?

by Anonymousreply 28007/07/2013

[quote]What do you think Henry Cavill's farts smell like?

Stale piss and lube?

by Anonymousreply 28107/07/2013

[quote]Henry is a good Superman. I hope the next one has a little more romance.

Ewwwww.

by Anonymousreply 28207/07/2013

$273,930,420

by Anonymousreply 28307/11/2013

[quote]Since this one has bombed, who will be the next Superman? Any idea?

It didn't bomb. It was a great success. The sequel is already in production. Cavill now owns the role.

by Anonymousreply 28407/11/2013

[quote]And yet Vin Diesel is famous and millionaire, and you are what?

What an idiotic comment.

Donald Trump is famous and a millionaire. So is Sarah Palin.

by Anonymousreply 28507/11/2013

[quote]Warner Brothers pushed the film to fundie pastors, saying it was a Christian allegory and they should get their congregations to go. Can you believe that?

Link.

by Anonymousreply 28607/11/2013

I'm rich and famous, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 28707/11/2013

MoS should pass the $600 million global box office this weekend. I don't know if it has enough mainstay to get to 700, but expect at least another 40-60 million before it leaves the theaters.

Henry did good for WB.

by Anonymousreply 28807/13/2013

Only $600 million?? That's so embarrassing. Couldn't even break a billion like Avengers or Iron Man 3. Henry is so over.

by Anonymousreply 28907/13/2013

Henry Cavill will return as Superman, in a joint production with The Batman.

by Anonymousreply 29007/29/2013

MOS has already surpassed $600 million. There is no comparison between MOS and Marvel's most successful properties. Up to now, Superman hasn't been relevant onscreen (and in pop culture) in decades. Also audiences may be growing tired of the superhero genre, even Wolverine under performed.

by Anonymousreply 29107/29/2013

Ignore r291.

by Anonymousreply 29207/29/2013

Henry Cavill should get naked more often, with his natural hairiness untouched.

by Anonymousreply 29307/30/2013

I can understand having an issue with him being a closet-case, but to be so delusional as R289 is just sad. The film IS a success whether you like it or not.

Cavill isn't going anywhere. He now has a huge following who want to see him in more projects.

Get used to it, R289.

by Anonymousreply 29407/30/2013

It is a smash success.

by Anonymousreply 29507/30/2013

I challenge the jealous bitches to find one legitimate article claiming MoS wasn't a success.

by Anonymousreply 29607/30/2013

$289,023,787

by Anonymousreply 29708/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.