Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chace Crawford and a Pal Get a Late Lunch in N.Y.C.

Chace Crawford enjoyed a leisurely late lunch in New York City on Saturday. The former Gossip Girl star and a male friend were spotted at ABC Kitchen, Jean-Georges Vongerichten's celeb favorite restaurant.

Crawford – looking casual in jeans, a T-shirt and baseball cap – decided on the house roasted turkey sandwich with applewood smoked bacon, arugula and jalapeño, which he said sealed the deal for him. His pal had the Akaushi cheeseburger (which is known as Oprah's favorite burger) with herbed mayonnaise. They both sipped ice tea and bottled water.

The pair tapped at their phones and chatted throughout the lunch, discussing potential projects for Crawford, though it didn't seem like a business lunch.

Crawford wasn't the only famous face enjoying ABC Kitchen, which is known for using only locally sourced, sustainable and organic ingredients. Nearby, chef Mario Batali was checking out the competition with a group.

by Anonymousreply 6408/30/2013

Man, the real news here is that Oprah has a "favorite cheeseburger"! Ever since her cattle/beef industry trial(where she hired an unknown jury consultant Phil McGraw PhD)she has claimed to disdain beef in general, but she particularly rejects the burger due to the e coli factor concern. Now, through a Chace Crawford gossip nibble, we discover that a. she is a lying hypocrite or b. the PR firm for ABC Kitchen is a liar. Wonder which is the burger bungler?

by Anonymousreply 106/11/2013

ABC Kitchen can be really good but the noise level is sometimes impossible. Weekends are actually quieter than nights, when the bar traffic is loud and extroverted. Chace chose well from the menu.

by Anonymousreply 206/11/2013

This passes for a headline?

by Anonymousreply 306/11/2013

R3 ... the headline 'Caught In The Act' and the use of 'pal' are being used to implicate Chace as one of the gays.

by Anonymousreply 406/11/2013

Thanks, R4. All lost on me, evidently.

by Anonymousreply 506/11/2013

Hey somebody's paid $18 to start a thread. Don't be unkind.

by Anonymousreply 606/11/2013

R4, I was JUST about to say that! It's so funny.. they always use the word "pal" to implicate that the person in question is gay. They also later use the word "pair". I know it's not necessarily just used for couples.. it could be used for friends too. But I think they knew what they were doing.. this isn't just about two friends having lunch. They thought they were being clever with the wording of the article, and basically outed Chace for the hundredth time.

But seriously.. who doesn't know he's gay by now? It's not the first time he's been outed. Seems to me that he's at the very least bi, but most possibly gay.. and doesn't even care to hide it anymore. It's basically all out in the open anyway.. he's only glass closeted at this point.

What surprised me by this article wasn't the fact that they outed Chace.. I knew he was gay, and have known for years. I'm just surprised he was with a "pal". Did he break up with Matthew Morrison? Or were they never dating in the first place? Also.. why this article, what is the point of it? Like.. it's not the first time Chace has been outed. It leads me to think either they just wanted to imply Chace has got a new boyfriend, or maybe Chace is close to coming out? Lets face it.. people know he's gay, and he doesn't have much of a career to speak of since Gossip Girl finished. He might as well come out.. it would be good for him.

by Anonymousreply 706/11/2013

If I could ever go there and order one of Oprah's favorite burgers, I'd be able to tell my grandkids that I had LIVED.

by Anonymousreply 806/11/2013

Maybe ABC Kitchen "planted" the item to draw attention to their restaurant and its new adjacent companion eatery (Cocina). After all, this is a gossip website.

by Anonymousreply 906/11/2013

True, R9.. but it doesn't change the fact that Chace is most likely gay. This isn't the only time he's been "outed".

by Anonymousreply 1006/11/2013

Chace is one man I can't even picture with a girlfriend or wife. Good thing he doesn't beard.

by Anonymousreply 1106/11/2013

He is so handsome, maybe Luke Macfarlane could lure him out of the glass closet.

by Anonymousreply 1206/11/2013

Looks like this is an attempt to out him, or at least hint that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1306/11/2013

Also, the mention of them having a 'late' lunch .... smells to me of them fucking all night, not being able to get out of bed and fucking some more in the morning until they finally left for that 'late lunch'.

Maybe, it's just me ....

by Anonymousreply 1406/11/2013

Apparently, the friend is Joseph Mazzello (Jurassic Park), a guy who was a cute kid, then an awkward teenager/young adult and is now cute again.

by Anonymousreply 1506/11/2013

I'm skeptical that Chace is gay. Didn't he date Julianne Hough at one time?

by Anonymousreply 1606/11/2013

Julianne Hough? Tee hee

by Anonymousreply 1706/11/2013

Chace should have avoided lunch and instead gone to the gym to alleviate that starter gut of his.

by Anonymousreply 1806/11/2013

[quote]Also, the mention of them having a 'late' lunch .... smells to me of them fucking all night, not being able to get out of bed and fucking some more in the morning until they finally left for that 'late lunch'.

Funny; it smells to me of "unemployed actor with nothing but time on his hands."

by Anonymousreply 2006/11/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2106/11/2013

You wouldn't know her... she lives in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 2206/11/2013

I don't think it's just DL that thinks he's gay. There's been several articles basically outing him. Queerty has him on a list of celebrities that might come out this year. Gawker has run some articles about him being spotted at Equinox as well and they were the site that constantly printed articles about Anderson Cooper being gay before he officially came out.

by Anonymousreply 2306/12/2013

Exactly r20.

by Anonymousreply 2406/12/2013

Isn't his pal in the picture Joe Mazzello from "Jurassic Park"?

by Anonymousreply 2506/12/2013

It was New York magazine I believe that ran a big article about closeted actors and ended it by implying Chace Crawford is gay. Epic fail whoever tried to claim only the DL thinks that, very wrong in this case.

by Anonymousreply 2606/12/2013

It was The Observer newspaper r26, which I knew many of the posters here would not have read or been aware of, considering they do not know anything beyond what is posted on TMZ or delivered by Mario Lopez on tv.

by Anonymousreply 2706/12/2013

I just took this as nothing more then Chase's PR folks trying got keep him in the public eye since he's not doing anything at the moment...

by Anonymousreply 2806/12/2013

Did Chace and his pal explore the glory hole in the bathroom?It's the most elegant one in New York City BTW....

Julianne Hough. I like the story about how she took one of her boyfriends to a dyke bar in Nashville.Don't drink, don't smoke what does she do? Subtle innuendos follow.....

by Anonymousreply 2906/12/2013

First: diet tips.

Now: menu choices.

What's next?

Do pubs like this really think people are interested in what a celeb has for lunch? Now, if Chace were eating baby children, maybe that would be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3006/12/2013

From the article:

[quote]it didn't seem like a business lunch.

Another clue?

by Anonymousreply 3106/12/2013

has he fucked Colton?

by Anonymousreply 3206/12/2013

Chace Crawford is beyond datalounge gay.

by Anonymousreply 3306/12/2013

Anyone here actually run into him though?

by Anonymousreply 3406/12/2013

Really? A glory hole at ABC Kitchen. Do tell...

by Anonymousreply 3506/12/2013

I thought Joe Mazello would grow up to be gay when he played either Casey or Adam on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 3606/12/2013

[quote]Crawford... decided on the house roasted turkey sandwich with applewood smoked bacon, arugula and jalapeño.

He could have done better with the fabulous salads and wide variety of chicken delights at Wendy's.

by Anonymousreply 3706/12/2013

R19, insane fangurl troll.. you're wrong, but thanks again you idiot. He was actually OUTED not too long ago by a pretty big and respectable newspaper. And he was basically "outed" again in this news item, by them implying he was on a date/being gay with the word "pal". They always use it when it comes to the gays. Now go ahead and worship your straight celebrities somewhere else, like TWOP or ONTD or wherever you insane fraus gather and masturbate over your straight celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 3806/13/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3906/13/2013

I agree, R39. I see a few possible explanations for that recent article with his "girlfriend". The article was planted by his pr, to make sure he was in the tabloids while he's not working. He doesn't exactly have that many future projects lined up either. They had all the innuendos of them having sex. It's the perfect way of creating publicity for him, while at the same time appearing straight. That said.. he seemed pretty into her. Chace is a bad actor. I'm confused by this.. I don't think he would be able to fake that. Maybe he's a better actor than I think, or maybe they get along so well because she's his hag.. who knows. Or.. you know, he could be bi. I've heard that a lot of actors are bisexual. And in this case.. I actually tend to believe the rumors of Chace and boyfriends in the past. But he did look into this chick too. Idk.. I'm starting to think he's straight. Or it could be another Harry Styles type stunt... plant as many womanizing rumors as possible, in this case more like a girlfriend rumor, to make people believe he's straight.

Either way.. closeted, bearding, bi, gay.. looks like he won't come out anytime soon, it's such a shame. I was proud of him for not bearding. I don't know what to make of this.. if he was forced to do it or what. I sorta lost a little bit respect for him, IF he indeed is gay. It seemed like he was inching out of the closet there for a while, possibly even coming out. Now he's right back in there. Ugh.. in the end I'm tired of most actors, they all sell out at one point or another. Everyone is just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 4006/13/2013

I look much better than this rubbish he has now

by Anonymousreply 4106/13/2013

"Canadian model" is just perfect, isn't it? It spells "gone all the time."

by Anonymousreply 4206/13/2013

Isn't Joe Mazzello a bigger star than Chance? I mean come on how is not identified in this "article"? I recognized him immediately.

by Anonymousreply 4306/13/2013

He seems like a nice guy, that hot and not so up himself. I wonder why he never happened the way everyone thought he would, he was suppose to be the next Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 4406/13/2013

I agree, R43. It's odd. Chace is basically only known because of that crappy CW show Gossip Girl. At least Joe Mazzello was in a very popular movie franchise.

I honestly have no idea what's going on with Chace.. maybe he really is straight. Then again.. he's had A LOT of rumors surrounding him, and no.. not only here on Datalounge either. There's been consistent rumors for years, he was even outed a few times. Maybe the people who outed him were wrong.. maybe he associated with known gays, or rumored gays, and they just assumed stuff. But people in the industry, at least those in the gossip mags/big newspapers usually know stuff. I'm not sure why the person from The Observer would imply this if it wasn't at least possible.. then again, this new girlfriend article screams desperate. Like it's purely for attention, and then implying they had sex.. they certainly got their point across, that he's straight and loves the pussy (ugh).

Whatever.. even if he is gay he clearly won't be coming out anytime soon.. so why bother.

by Anonymousreply 4506/13/2013

He seriously lacks acting ability, and then there's the "company he keeps."

by Anonymousreply 4606/13/2013

R44, maybe it's just the fact that he can't act? I'm a fan of Chace, I've always liked him. He seems pretty chill and down to earth, and he's hot to boot. That said.. he was definitely the weakest link on GG. He's not a very good actor at all. He's good enough for teen shows, but I don't really see him landing huge movie roles any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 4706/13/2013

Still, he can't be any worse than Tom Welling, who ended up in a starring role.

by Anonymousreply 4806/13/2013

He's an OK actor. I saw him in some movie where he had a supporting role as the love interest to one of the main characters. I agree that it would be tough for him to carry a film.

Until GG was over he could only take roles that would fit with GG production schedule. IMDb says he's working on a movie with Katie Holmes thats "in development"

by Anonymousreply 4906/13/2013

he guy is his bestie from high school. The guy is from Dallas, where he lives, which is where Chace is from. Don't know if Chace is gay, but that's who the guy is.

by Anonymousreply 5006/13/2013

I don't know who you're talking about, R50, but Joe Mazzello, the guy in the pic, is from NY, not TX.

by Anonymousreply 5106/13/2013

It's amazing how many "stars" I see in the city and don't have a clue who they are until I come to DL.

by Anonymousreply 5206/13/2013

Joseph Mazzello's Twitter mentioned "his girlfriend's bestfriend" with regards to the Boston bombings so is he closeted too?

by Anonymousreply 5306/13/2013

"Chace Crawford exits the ArcLight Cinemas with a male friend after watching a movie together on Sunday evening (June 24) in Hollywood."

by Anonymousreply 5406/24/2013

Still fucktabulous after all these months.

by Anonymousreply 5506/24/2013

Bump because we need to keep a thread going for this guy.

He's gay, everyone knows he's gay and, no, not just everyone here. He's been surrounded by rumors since he started Gossip Girl.

by Anonymousreply 5607/19/2013

Did Chace and his BFF ever go back to ABC Kitchen? It's the kind of place that grows on you, especially the bathroom sex there.

by Anonymousreply 5707/19/2013

I want to see the video of Chase and JC Chasez in the shower together!

by Anonymousreply 5807/19/2013

Chace Crawford was in my dream last night. In my dream, he was laying on a beanbag in jeans, shirtless, and I was casually rubbing his chest.

Should I buy a beanbag for my living room?

by Anonymousreply 5908/05/2013

He's as gay as gay can be.

by Anonymousreply 6008/05/2013

actually poor, super-hot Chace was outed in a blistering New York Observer piece. he's likely gay or the Observer would never have dared.

by Anonymousreply 6108/06/2013

He's good friends with Matt, Colton and JC. PING! PING! PING!

by Anonymousreply 6208/06/2013

Call me crazy, but I actually think he's got some interest in women. But I do believe he's interested in men too. I'm going for bi.

by Anonymousreply 6308/06/2013

Why is this worthy of posting? Unless his pal bent him over and pounded him in the men's room, I don't see why it matters.

by Anonymousreply 6408/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!