Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Provigill - anyone tried it ?

My therapist says it's great for people who are 'stuck' - it motivates, gives you great energy, and focus. I've heard you can't take it for long - but after you stop, you mentally crave it again.

by Need a boostreply 3406/16/2013

Does it work similarly to Adderall on people who don't take it for ADHD?

by Need a boostreply 106/10/2013

I believe that's true. I saw a "nightline" segment on it, and people became like superhuman, taking on projects they had not done in years.

by Need a boostreply 206/10/2013

Provigil is good but Nuvigil is the bomb.

Nuvigil keeps me alert and focused for 12 hours or more. I am depressed and pretty much a slug without the Nuvigil. My day would consist of sitting in a chair staring at the walls without it.

Nuvigil allows me to function and be productive.

From my cold dead hands they will take it from me.

by Need a boostreply 306/11/2013

Re 3 - do you take it continually ? I thought you could only take it for brief periods, say 2 weeks, and then had to stop ? Do you take it on a permanent basis ?

by Need a boostreply 406/11/2013

Sounds like crystal meth

by Need a boostreply 506/11/2013

What are the side effects, if any? I want to try it.

by Need a boostreply 606/11/2013

Just think of it as a little "pick me up."

by Need a boostreply 706/11/2013

I bet insomnia is a side effect.

by Need a boostreply 806/11/2013

[quote]I bet insomnia is a side effect.

You are correct.

I wonder if there are clinical studies about it being as bad as Adderall, which is basically legal crystal meth, or Ritalin.

by Need a boostreply 906/11/2013

To answer your questions

If I take NuVigil around breakfast time I don't have insomnia. If I took it at lunch I'd definitely have some difficulty sleeping.

Although you could probably take it on as as needed basis my psychiatrist has me on it everyday and I've been on it 6 months.

I haven't noticed any side effects. I have no jitteriness or heart racing. It have been a God send for me and my depression.

Provigil kept me from sleeping the day away but it didn't make me productive. Nuvigil solved both issues and made me normal again.

by Need a boostreply 1006/11/2013

I save taking Provigill for the days when I have a long, demanding day where I need to be on my toes. I'm not depressed, just 53, and have a job where occasionally I have to be out very early, on all day and making a hundred decisions at once. A quarter Provigill at 6 in the morning and I'm god to go all day, with clarity and stamina. Anymore than that and it affects my sleep. I don't find it addicting, though it seems good enough to want to do every day. I probably end up doing it about once a month.

I did take a half once and felt a little speedy but very focused. The quarter (or third) I take gives you focus but no jitters.

The movie Limitless, with Bradley Cooper, is said to be based in part on Provigill.

by Need a boostreply 1106/11/2013

Anyone else try this stuff?

It sounds like a wonder drug, but I've never even heard of it before.

by Need a boostreply 1206/13/2013

Four shots of espresso will do the same thing.

by Need a boostreply 1306/13/2013

[quote]The movie Limitless, with Bradley Cooper

That was a great fuckin movie.

by Need a boostreply 1406/13/2013

[quote] Astonishingly, Asprey says even if it were to turn out that Provigil could shorten his life he wouldn't give it up and neither would the lobbyist or brain researcher who take it. They told ABC News they aren't worried and aren't about to stop using Provigil. -- "I would like to really live during those years when I'm alive. I'd like to be fully alert, fully focused, and fully present all the time" Asprey said. "Provigil helps me do that."

That's a bit scary..

by Need a boostreply 1506/13/2013

Interesting thread on Nuvigil

by Need a boostreply 1606/13/2013

Does it help with weight loss like Adderall? The Adderall doesn't seem to work as well as it did years ago. I must be getting older.

Now I'm on Campral to make sure I don't pick up a drink. You're supposed to take 2 pills 3x p/day. It made me a little manic. I cut it to 1 pill 3x p/day and I have no desire to drink or eat for that matter. I'm also on Zoloft. I upped it to 100mg and I'm an OCD cleaning machine. Getting more things done on Campral than w/Addy.

by Need a boostreply 1706/13/2013

[quote]A quarter Provigill at 6 in the morning and I'm god to go all day, with clarity and stamina.

Apparently not.

by Need a boostreply 1806/13/2013

I suffer from anxiety so anything that revs me up can trigger a panic attack. The drug sounds good, although like everything people will abuse it.

by Need a boostreply 1906/13/2013

[quote]A quarter Provigill at 6 in the morning and I'm god

Where can I get some??!!

by Need a boostreply 2006/13/2013

Is it good for sex?

by Need a boostreply 2106/13/2013

Why is it not more widely prescribed?

by Need a boostreply 2206/13/2013

What dose do you take r3/r11? 100 mg?

by Need a boostreply 2306/15/2013

I want to!

by Need a boostreply 2406/15/2013

So is this just a speed variant, or is it a different chemical altogether?

by Need a boostreply 2506/16/2013

Provigil is not speed.

by Need a boostreply 2606/16/2013

Provigil isn't speed, but it's mainly intended for narcoleptics. I have a friend on it for that specific reason. It is NOT intended to turn you into a superefficient work machine, nor is Adderall. If you're using it for this reason, you're abusing it, and your doctor is merely enabling you. Ditto Nuvigil.

by Need a boostreply 2706/16/2013

I take 150mg of Nuvigil every day and it has turned my life around.

As I said before I was paralyzed by overwhelming depression. Nuvigil has allowed me to be preductive in my day as opposed to sitting in a chair 24/7 or sleeping the day away.

by Need a boostreply 2806/16/2013

You sound potentially suicidal, R3 and you may become that when the DEA leans on your doc for overprescribing or your doc retires, moves, etc, so he's no longer available. I can't imagine a new doc putting you on that drug outside of the specific reason mentioned by R27.

by Need a boostreply 2906/16/2013

Good enough for me!

by Need a boostreply 3006/16/2013

It has legitimate uses, but is very abused and is no different than when people were popping "uppers" in the 50s and 60s.

by Need a boostreply 3106/16/2013

Didn't a number of physicians get in trouble recently for prescribing a drug that had not been approved for the condition for which they were prescribing it? I was surprised, but apparently it's considered quite a breach.

by Need a boostreply 3206/16/2013

Are you people all addicts? I am shocked to read so many of you can't function without chemical help!

What is going on with so many people popping pills--pills to wake up, pills to sleep, pills to get motivated for work, pills to get happy...

by Need a boostreply 3306/16/2013

Lives of quiet desperation, R33.

by Need a boostreply 3406/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.