Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

First episode of "Graceland"

Not too bad for television, I watched it to see Aaron Tveit and then make a post here if he turned out to be as hot as I though he might. I have a feeling the big surprise is going to be his turning out to be a closeted gay FBI agent. He has had a number of homoesque roles. Also, SOMEbody (see link) feels the same way I do.

by Anonymousreply 10508/24/2013

That is a great idea (closeted FBI agent), even though I do doubt that will happen. Maybe in the second or third season? You should probably write a letter to USA suggesting that.

As for the pilot, I think it looks decent if not spectacular which USA has been trying to make it look like. But it's good enough to make me wanting to see the future episodes. So yeah. And Aaron Tveit does look good in it, so is Daneil Sunjata. And I woudn't mind more shirtless scenes.

by Anonymousreply 106/08/2013

I find Daniel Sunjata incredibly sexy -- Aaron Tveit not so much -- but I was not impressed with the pilot. Though to be fair, I'm not a fan of USA's "blue sky" formula -- light, escapist, inconsequential. Graceland seems a little grittier than some of USA's other hits, but not by much. Still, I hope it lasts, for Sunjata's sake.

by Anonymousreply 206/08/2013

I only watched for Daniel Sunjata (yummy) and Manny Montana(sort of yummy).

by Anonymousreply 306/08/2013

My favourite from the buzzfeed article is #31 (a scene in Graceland?) in which he is shirtless in sweatpants walking around licking yogurt off a spoon. We need a close-up for this scene. Especially the licking yogurt part, in slow motion.

by Anonymousreply 406/08/2013

I couldn't help but believe they were thinking of us (and I do appreciate that) when they showed the crotch - nice - as he was walking toward us at the airport, the butt - very nice indeed - as he ran up that long flight of stairs and that tight little tummy and hint of a trail as they wrestled him into custody while pulling up his shirt - well done.

So, in the final episode this season, not only will Daniel have figured out that Aaron is a plant, he will begin to realize they have a huge shared secret. Heck, why stop at one? It's cable!

by Anonymousreply 506/08/2013

R 5 I enjoyed the butt and the tummy as well - missed the crotch part, I'll take note of that if I'm going to watch it for a second time. I also appreciate another couple of scenes of nice abs and butts. Now the two leads need to take off their shirts. And pants, too.

by Anonymousreply 606/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 706/08/2013

OP, stop linking to that Koch brothers, gay hating, tea party propaganda swill hole.

Buzzfeed isn't welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 806/08/2013

Daniel Sunjata is so much hotter than Aaron Tveit, don't know why most people seem to be gushing about Aaron all the time. That being said, I won't complain if the two of them have a few sex scenes in the series.

by Anonymousreply 906/08/2013

Sunjata's definitely the hot one.

by Anonymousreply 1006/08/2013

Well some people perfer twinks. For the record, Tveit is quite fit despite his teeny looking face. I personally prefer Sunjata over Tveit, too.

Does anybody know if they used a body-double for Sunjata in the surfing scene?

by Anonymousreply 1106/08/2013

LOve Sunjata but feel he was really done in by his character's lack of a decent introduction in the pilot.

First of all, would that character really sleep with so much clothing on?

by Anonymousreply 1206/08/2013

I agree with R12. What a terrible intro.

by Anonymousreply 1306/09/2013

A chick twitted Daniel saying "Are we gonna watch Graceland? It looks gay like all USA shows", he replied "gay is good!!!". Gotta love him.

by Anonymousreply 1406/09/2013

R14 Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 1506/11/2013

Not openly, at least. He is damn hot, though. (And a better actor than Tveit, imo.)

by Anonymousreply 1606/13/2013

Thank you, USA, for gratuitous shots of Aaron in his Tveity whiteys. Fine bulge view and several ass closeups. You've bought another week from me.

by Anonymousreply 1706/14/2013

Those ass closeups are glorious. Will buy the HD version of this episode on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 1806/14/2013

R12, after TAKE ME OUT (in which he bared all on stage) he had this to say about the experience:

[quote]Did the nudity required for shower scenes give Sunjata any pause? "It didn't cross my mind until after I read the script. Then I thought, 'Oh, gee, I guess I'm going to have to be naked.' But [playwright] Richard Greenberg had delivered such a solid piece of art that nudity wasn't gratuitous. Without nudity, I don't think Richard would have been able to underscore and illuminate the play's homophobic, homoerotic elements. But it did take some getting used to. From the first performance to the last, I was always self-conscious during the seconds preceding disrobing: Oh, God, I have to get naked. But there is the cliché that being nude in front of a group of people is kind of a liberating experience. I would say it was simultaneously liberating and unnerving. I'm now trying to keep my clothes on, as much as possible."

And from another interview:

[quote]Still, despite some reluctance, the actor says he didn’t hesitate for a minute to take the part in what he calls a “brilliant” play. “I don’t even like taking off my shirt on RESCUE ME,” he says. “But I don’t know how Greenberg could have communicated the underpinnings of how a homoerotic presence changes the dynamic of a machismo environment like the locker room, the last bastion of sanctioned homophobia. How could you show that without showing guys changing their clothes in front of each other? There were ten minutes of nudity in a two-hour play, but they were necessary.”

It seems he's not comfortable being naked or even taking his shirt off. I guess he's kept that vow about trying to keep his clothes on as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 1906/14/2013

That Latina girl has the worst nose job ever. It looks like it's putty glued onto her face with two different sized nostrils. It looks worse than Michael Jackson's nose.

by Anonymousreply 2006/14/2013

Thank you, r20. When she was on one of the CSIs I had to turn the channel because I couldn't look at it. Doesn't fit her human or any human face. Vanessa Ferlito

by Anonymousreply 2106/14/2013

Did Vanessa Ferlito's real nose melt off? Why does she need to put Silly Putty on it?

by Anonymousreply 2206/14/2013

[quote] Why does she need to put Silly Putty on it?

Obviously to fool Bill Holden.

by Anonymousreply 2306/14/2013

Is Jeff Eastin gay?

by Anonymousreply 2406/14/2013

I like Daniel Sunjata.

by Anonymousreply 2506/14/2013

I don't get all the buzz about Tviet. He seems to disappear next to the hotness that is Sunjata.

by Anonymousreply 2606/14/2013

[quote]I don't get all the buzz about Tviet. He seems to disappear next to the hotness that is Sunjata

Well, you know how Hollywood goes: They'd rather hype up a plain looking white person than a hot minority.

by Anonymousreply 2706/14/2013

Jeff Eastin is not gay. Have you SEEN White Collar? A gay man could not make a show that boring.

by Anonymousreply 2806/14/2013

Dear R28 Simon Halls's fist, White Collar is not boring. Jeff Eastin seems sucker for bromance, so I asked. He probably had a plan to put Neal and Peter in bed together. But your husband's sexuality was a bummer to his plan.

I do love your husband though. Thanks for sharing his hot-bod, at least on screen. Precisely in Magic Mike DVD

by Anonymousreply 2906/14/2013

Both Tveit and Sunjata are talented actors and hot guys. I've seen them both in stage and they each have real charisma.

by Anonymousreply 3006/14/2013

Graceland pales badly next to White Collar.

It must be, non-Matt-Bomer affect.

After all, he is the face of USA.

I wonder what will they do when Bomer no longer works for them.....

Tveit is boring to be the face.

by Anonymousreply 3106/14/2013

I hope we will soon have links of Tveit in his underwear! Oh, and both Tveit and Sunjata are attractive and talented.

by Anonymousreply 3206/14/2013

They could have used better lightning in the underwear scene. And well done, USA, I'll keep watching as long as they keep providing those.

by Anonymousreply 3306/14/2013

[quote]But I don’t know how Greenberg could have communicated the underpinnings of how a homoerotic presence changes the dynamic of a machismo environment like the locker room, the last bastion of sanctioned homophobia.

OK. We get it. You're smart. Now talk like a human being.

by Anonymousreply 3406/14/2013

Well, I've been ogling (sp?) guys since the b/w days and don't remember EVER being handed so much gay tease. From the butt shots (thank you cable channel!) to the flirty tête-à-tête among the characters.

by Anonymousreply 3606/15/2013

R35 Bullshit. Large fanbase my ass. I've never heard of this guy before this show, but I've known who Daniel is for years.

Sing and dance my ass - yeah, like millions of other people can do. And I'm sure he has been on higher-profile projects - white people always get chosen for the bigger projects before a person of color does.

by Anonymousreply 3706/15/2013

[quote]Bullshit. Large fanbase my ass. I've never heard of this guy before this show, but I've known who Daniel is for years.

And there are people who've known about Tveit for years but had never heard of Sunjata. It works both ways.

by Anonymousreply 3806/15/2013

R37 There's a thing called "typecasting." Tveit's most recent high profile project is undoubtly Les Miserables, in which he plays a 20-something French student revolutionary from a rich family in 19th centry. Guess why they chose a white guy for that part?

Also, you need to work on your logic. "Fanbase" dosen't consist you alone.

by Anonymousreply 3906/15/2013

The screencaps are here.

by Anonymousreply 4006/15/2013

I recall this being more in focus. Perhaps a brain trick.

by Anonymousreply 4106/15/2013

Thanks for the screen cap. I do enjoy those few seconds a lot. While I would be pleased to see those teases on my tv screen at least once a week, I still wish the writers could put the gay-secret (as mentioned by the OP), at least an openly-gay series regular character, some make-out scenes between the two leads, etc in this series. While a little tease could be fun, it's really time to embrace it all.

by Anonymousreply 4206/15/2013

He seems to have a small perky cut dick and small tight balls

by Anonymousreply 4306/15/2013

Nice thighs on him, too.

by Anonymousreply 4406/15/2013

Say you're a young, hot, "out," but not out-with-a-brass-band-and-pom-poms actor who just landed a plum tv role, well, cable anyway, where not only do they let you show it off, they want you to. Would you be checking the DL to see how well you are being received there by the many, many interested handsome men and extremely hot guys? Of course you would.

So, nice job on those thighs Aaron, and keep up the good work! I always like a perky dick too.

by Anonymousreply 4506/17/2013

Every character Sunjata plays is himself.

by Anonymousreply 4606/17/2013

I was hoping he was going to get up and perform karaoke.

But no, he didn't

by Anonymousreply 4706/17/2013

Has he ever been credibly linked to a woman? Seen out and around in WeHo?

by Anonymousreply 4806/17/2013

R 48 Who are you referring to? Aaron Tveit or Daniel Sunjata?

by Anonymousreply 4906/17/2013

This show is actually better than I expected. Not entirely unwatchable. And gratuitous shots add some bonus.

by Anonymousreply 5006/17/2013

Don't know much about Daniel, but Aaron Tveit had a girlfriend named Jacqui Polk a couple years back, but they separated not long after they started. Nothing seems to be confirmed after that. Well there're always gay rumors about him before and after Miss Polk, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 5106/17/2013

Saw the first two episodes on demand. It looks like USA's standard fare, yet with more hot male series regulars, probably. For that I think I'll stick around for a while to see if they all go shirtless at least once. If the writers are so inclined, they can totally make some of the characters come out as gay in the next season.

by Anonymousreply 5206/18/2013

Will it make me look dumb if I admit I geniuely like this show? And not just for Aaron Tveit's ass or Daniel Sunjata in general. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 5306/18/2013

I'm with you R53, declaring my like also. (PS - thanks for the butt shots too.)

by Anonymousreply 5406/19/2013

[quote]Every character Sunjata plays is himself.

It certainly seems to me that every single character he plays is exactly the same. He might be hot, but he's a very mediocre actor, IMO.

As for the show, I find it extremely dull.

by Anonymousreply 5506/19/2013

Speaking of second episode, am I the only one who noticed this scene? I doubt he will be having erection on camera, but I really couldn't find a logical explanation for this.

by Anonymousreply 5606/21/2013

Another screen cap of the scene that I was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 5706/21/2013

The second one R57 looks more like a hard-on. Thanks for getting it up.

I've watched two eps so far, and FTR, I like Tveit more than Sunjata. He's my tveipe. Sunjata's not.

by Anonymousreply 5806/21/2013

Too bad the show's so boring.

by Anonymousreply 5906/21/2013

It's better than most USA shows, R59. There's at least a little suspense, which elevates it above most of their fluff. As a point of reference, I find Matt Bomer's show mind-numbingly boring. The only show I really like on USA is Suits.

by Anonymousreply 6006/21/2013

Why is it that USA shows are so boring? Is there a dull demographic?

by Anonymousreply 6106/21/2013

I like Tveit better than Sunjata as well, but I do find Briggs quite interesting in the third episode -- glimpses of rage, violence and insanity. Turnes me on in a weird way. (not that I woud like to go anywhere near him, lol)

And Mike Warren is fairly interesting in this episode, too. Even though he did some how picked up a chick. Would it kill them to write something like Mike picking up a dude? Anyway his hoarse voice after he screamed his lungs out at Paul Briggs' demand is another thing that turned me on for some unkown reason.

by Anonymousreply 6206/21/2013

I think this is one show that needs some time to find its rooting. After the 3rd episode, I think it does have the potential to be a decent show.

by Anonymousreply 6306/21/2013

R61 Read how USA develops their shows, they have a "blue sky" policy which doesn't allow for a lot of creative freedom. So all their shows have this glossy, sunny look but are otherwise sorta bland. That's why they don't have breakoout hits like AMC or FX.

by Anonymousreply 6406/21/2013

At first, Suits kept me interested in what would happen next, which is the first impulse fiction needs to satisfy. But over the last season, there was too much infighting over "Lawfirm, Lawfirm, Who Owns the Lawfirm?" But I love the Mike/Harvey relationship, and there's always a chance Patrick Adams will take his shirt off, which is what I'm really watching for, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6506/21/2013

R65 . In terms of quality/amount of shirtless scenes, Graceland would be a better show than Suits, probably? Tveit has better abs & ass than Adams anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6606/21/2013

I like them both, R66. I would be hard pressed to choose between the two. What I would most love is to be hard, pressed between the two.

by Anonymousreply 6706/21/2013

Excuse me, but the face of USA is Jeffrey Donovan of the ridiculous but fun "Burn Notice."

by Anonymousreply 6806/21/2013

R67. Good pun.

I always think they should do some USA show cross-overs. USA may not have the most interesting shows, but surely they have plenty of hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 6906/21/2013

R58. I don't know how to make a GIF animation from a video, but it looks really really like an erection in motion. I wonder what's in that scene that could have turned him on? Just Sunjata talking to him?

by Anonymousreply 7006/21/2013

R68. Speking of "Burn Notice", what's going on with USA's obsession with the name "Mike"? Mike Weston, Mike Ross, and now Mike Warren?

by Anonymousreply 7106/21/2013

R68, when I first saw Jeffrey Donovan in two guest spots on Homicide: Life on the Street in 1995, I thought he was the hottest man alive. I've watched him in two subsequent starring roles, including Burn Notice, and he no longer does it for me. I don't know if it's because USA's shows are just so stupid, or I don't like his voice, or what it is. I'd like to like him, but I don't anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7206/21/2013

I'm also a new fan of whoever plays the "Jamaican" customs guy. The guy is hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 7306/21/2013

Any good shots of Aaron's feets in the second or third episode?

by Anonymousreply 7406/21/2013

He goes around barefeet for most part of the second half of episode 3. And in episode two, there's a one-minute scene in which he makes his bed in his very tight boxers only ( a few closeups of his ass included, as noted by previous posts in this thread).

by Anonymousreply 7506/22/2013

R 56 & 57. So his member is of good size when hard?

by Anonymousreply 7606/22/2013

[quote]Not too bad for television

This cracks me up. Is television really a lesser thing these days? Are movies offering anything better? The theatre? The best of TV runs circles around the crap clogging up the cineplexes and Broadway. MAN OF STEEL? KINKY BOOTS? Even indie movies and off-Broadway plays are pretty awful lately, albeit in a different direction. But AMC, HBO? Great stuff.

by Anonymousreply 7706/22/2013

Tonight's episode has Tveit with a gun shoved into his mouth. I was pleased.

by Anonymousreply 7806/28/2013

R78. Yup, totally necessary shots.

by Anonymousreply 7906/28/2013

I agree with you R77. As if there's anything "deep" going on at the movie theater these days. Just a bunch of stupid comic book adaptations.

by Anonymousreply 8006/28/2013

R80, R77. I cringe every time I hear an actor talk about his next "film." Cause I know it's only gonna be a "movie."

by Anonymousreply 8106/28/2013

Does anybody get a good screen shot of Tveit with the gun shoved into his mouth?

by Anonymousreply 8206/28/2013

This show may actually have some promise if the writers can come up with different ways of subtle torture for Mike Warren in every episode.

by Anonymousreply 8306/28/2013

R82 Is he shirtless in that scene?

by Anonymousreply 8406/29/2013

No he was, but he was pinned to the ground when a handgun was shoved into his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 8506/29/2013

Meh I ment to say "he was not"

by Anonymousreply 8606/30/2013

Any gay content yet?

by Anonymousreply 8706/30/2013

Not yet on Graceland. But on another USA show, Suits, it's said there will be a series regular character coming out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 8807/01/2013

For those of you who are looking for some shots of Aaron Tveit's feet. (I personally am more interested in the sweat pants.)

by Anonymousreply 8907/03/2013

AAAH, r89, your link doesn't work, and now I am desperate to jerk off to AARON'S FEEEETS!!!

by Anonymousreply 9007/03/2013

Try this link then. It works for me.

by Anonymousreply 9107/03/2013

Or this...

by Anonymousreply 9207/03/2013

R89 Do you have more photos of him in sweatpants?

by Anonymousreply 9307/03/2013

[quote]Suits, it's said there will be a series regular character coming out as gay

It's not going to be Harvey, Mike, or Donna.

by Anonymousreply 9407/03/2013

R94 What about Louis? He's the first one came to my mind.

by Anonymousreply 9507/03/2013

Of course, R95. Louis. So obvious.

by Anonymousreply 9607/03/2013

R92 Which episode is this?

by Anonymousreply 9707/03/2013

Episode 5, which will air on July 11.

And here's Aaron Tveit with a gun in his mouth (from episode 4), enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 9807/03/2013

Does anyone know how long it will take for hulu (regular, not plus) to start showing new eps of GRACELAND? It's over a week since ep #4, "Pizza Box" ran on usa, but you still can't watch it on hulu.

by Anonymousreply 9907/08/2013

Somehow missed this thread earlier. Thus far I am underwhelmed with "Graceland," and I say that as a general fan of USA's other "blue sky" series. I also can't get over the fact that -- in what may be a first -- they're trying to substitute completely flat Miami for Southern California! (usually, of course, it's SoCal that TV shows try to fake as being someplace else) For the life of me I can't figure out why they would make such a ridiculous decision, unless it was because "Burn Notice" is on its last season and they were contractually obligated to keep a Miami-based crew hired to do something.

As for "Suits," Jessica is the only major character who would even remotely be believable as gay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember there being even *one* previous reference to her love life. Hell, even Louis is a comparative pussyhound on that show.

by Anonymousreply 10007/08/2013

R99 I believe beyond episode 3, you will have to have cable contract to get authorization for next day online streaming. Without cable contract, you'll probably have to wait 30 days after the episode is aired to watch it online.

R100 If I remember it right, the first episode was shot in SoCal.

by Anonymousreply 10107/09/2013

"Every character Sunjata plays is himself."

True. My feelings too after seeing the 4th and 5th episodes. The show may be different than "Rescue Me," but Sunjata is essentially playing the same character.

by Anonymousreply 10207/13/2013

This week's episode calls for waking the thread. I'm sorry, but when that boy showed his armpit and then his butt and then his .. confusing crotch, well, my fingers just itched to type about it since I can do little else. At this moment anyway.

They must employ some kind of tv-fluffer to arrange the package just right. Is it all potatoes? Cut? Hung? So many questions and absolutely no clues. Masterfully done. And he know it too, with that impish grin, defined over years at the mirror, I'm sure, but I don't care. I appreciate the effort.

by Anonymousreply 10308/11/2013

Just watched Episode 10 and I'm loving this show.

The hotness of the lead guys - ALL of them..but yeah Tveit has got the good, sexy and talented. And Manny Montana is a close second as the heart and soul of the Graceland house - Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 10408/23/2013

Daniel Sunjata works out at Crunch in Los Angeles and he's HOT

by Anonymousreply 10508/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!