Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Prince Phillip admitted to THE hospital for 2 weeks

Can't be bothered to post a link, sorry.

At THE hospiral they doing "exploratory work" with his abdomen.

Maybe it's time for that bigoted old limey to finally shift from this mortal coil?

by Anonymousreply 9606/17/2013

I intend to sit next to the Queen at the funeral, since we're neighbors here in London.

by Anonymousreply 206/06/2013

Guess they finally figured out how full of shit he is.

by Anonymousreply 306/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 406/06/2013

For God's sake, just DIE already!!!

by Anonymousreply 506/06/2013

"Shuffled" off, oh yeah, right.

Whatever. I hope he croaks in THE hospital. All alone.

by Anonymousreply 606/06/2013

Hurry, Elizabeth!

by Anonymousreply 706/06/2013

Fuck you, OP. Fuck you right in your piles-riddled dirty abscessed ass.

by Anonymousreply 806/06/2013

I can't stand Prince Philip even since it was revealed that he is the one that ordered the hit on Diana. It would be so fitting if he croaked on the day Diana's grandchild is born.

by Anonymousreply 906/06/2013

Shove it, Princess Royal. Has Prince walked in on you fingering your clit to watching Deacon on Nashville yet?

by Anonymousreply 1006/06/2013

Exploratory surgery? He looked pretty healthy at the reception right before he bolted for hospital!

So what is the malady? Do the bells toll?

by Anonymousreply 1206/06/2013

FYI, it is PHILIP with one L, not Phillip.

I only mention it because I suspect he will be much in the news from here on in, and DataLounge should be at its very best through all this.

by Anonymousreply 1306/06/2013

Oh goody, you think he's dying? How will we be able to tell?

by Anonymousreply 1406/06/2013

Truly, he was the people's ass boil.

by Anonymousreply 1506/06/2013

[quote]For God's sake, just DIE already!!!

Patsy doesn't say "already." That's an Americanism calqued from Yiddish.

It's "Oh, for God's sake, just die!"

by Anonymousreply 1606/06/2013

He was at the races with The Queen and the two York princesses. He was standing, walking, smiling, watching the races through binoculars, etc. I thought he looked like he was full of life, even though his face looked so haggered and skinny. His skin didn't look good though, he had a bit of a gray pallor.

by Anonymousreply 1706/06/2013

What kind of health plan does he have? They usually send your ass home after 2 days here.

by Anonymousreply 1806/06/2013

"Philip" means "Lover of horses," which must explain why he's been so welcoming to Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 1906/06/2013

He didn't order a 'hit' on Diana - how perfectly silly. Philip is very, very old and looks like he is now at death's door. I can't understand how he can do things like the 60th anniversary service at Westminster Abbey. The Queen is just like him - where do they get the energy?

by Anonymousreply 2106/06/2013

[quote]I intend to sit next to the Queen at the funeral . . .

I believe the Brits say "at funeral."

by Anonymousreply 2206/06/2013

[quote]I intend to sit next to the Queen at the funeral . . .

Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 2306/06/2013

R21, it's their duty. The Queen took coronation vows promising God to serve her country, The Duke of Edinburgh took a coronation vow to always support her.

by Anonymousreply 2406/06/2013

Thanks for the correction.

Prince Philip has been admitted to a hospital. OK. Good. Got it.

And it's going to be pronounced World War Zee, not World War Zed, R11/smartass.

by Anonymousreply 2506/06/2013

He was a handsome Viking in his youth. Philip and Elizabeth are both descendants of Queen Victoria and King Christian IX, not a speck of resemblance though. I don't see any Hannoverian or Coburg in him, he's got the more pleasant Oldenburg or Battenburg features.

by Anonymousreply 2606/06/2013

He probably has some massive hemorrhoids or something else embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 2706/06/2013

Dodi's father, Mohammed Al-Fayed said it was Philip that ordered the hit.

by Anonymousreply 2806/06/2013

Dodi's dad had absolutely no evidence for this claim and none has ever emerged. He made many claims about the tragic death of his son and Diana that turned out not to be true. Diana and Dodi were not going to be married, she wasn't pregnant with his child, she was not going to convert to Islam and neither British Intelligence or Prince Philip murdered Diana.

by Anonymousreply 2906/07/2013

[quote]He probably has some massive hemorrhoids

He is a massive hemorrhoid. Good riddance to this misogynist, racist throwback to the days when the British Empire ruled and stole other countries blind.

by Anonymousreply 3006/07/2013

Have they located Philip's head yet?

by Anonymousreply 3106/07/2013

There is an amazing number of low life on DL. Makes me think the old prince isn't such a bigot after all. I mean, calling trash by any other name in simply hanging pearls on a pig for a beauty contest.

by Anonymousreply 3206/07/2013

Maybe it's because they have access to a much higher quality of medical care than the rest of us.

Would Dick Cheney still be alive if he belonged to some HMO in Duluth?

by Anonymousreply 3406/07/2013

Probably. Medical care in Minnesota is actually of very high quality.

by Anonymousreply 3506/07/2013

Oh god. I knew if I said Timbuktu someone would chime in.

by Anonymousreply 3606/07/2013

[quote]Medical care in Minnesota is actually of very high quality.

The health care that is available for the hoi polloi can't begin to measure up to the Walter Reed level of care available to Dick Cheney and his cronies.

by Anonymousreply 3706/07/2013

Do you think he'll get his wish and reincarnated as a deadly virus?

by Anonymousreply 3806/07/2013

Deadly virus was this life. Who knows what the next done will bring? Dog dung?

by Anonymousreply 3906/07/2013

Gee R11, I guess if you don't like it you should get your own language.

by Anonymousreply 4006/07/2013

Okay, stupid at R40, I'll explain this so maybe even you can understand.

OP capitalized the word "THE" because he doesn't like that the English say, "in hospital" instead of "in the hospital," which we use in Americanized English.

Both are forms of English; one is used in England and the other in the U.S.

We had a thread months ago where posters talked about differences between Brit and U.S. language; "in hospital" seemed to bother a number of posters.

I suggested that neither is particularly descriptive. "In the hospital" assumes there's a single hospital while "in a hospital" is clearer.

Get it, or is it still too complicated for you?

by Anonymousreply 4106/07/2013

Does the gay son have children? The one who wanted to be an actor?

by Anonymousreply 4306/07/2013

"exloratory work on his abdomen" may mean he is going to undergo an exploratory laparotomy, which is a surgery were the the abdomen is opened and the surgeon looks for a tumor or an obstruction or both. These days the surgeons usually know what they are looking for with all the imaging etc- this does not look good- possibly a mass that is too big or diffuse to be needle biopsied, i.e. cancer. Chances are they do know what they are looking for.

by Anonymousreply 4406/07/2013

I smell......

by Anonymousreply 4506/07/2013

The 'gay' son (The Earl of Wessex) married and has two cute children, Lady Louise and Lord James Windsor ( James uses his father's second title Viscount Severn as courtesy). The Earl's wife Sophie is lovely and they represent The Queen at oversees royal occasions like weddings and funerals.

by Anonymousreply 4606/07/2013

So, he's had the surgery? Let's get to work! Gotta stay Top Jock!

by Anonymousreply 4706/07/2013

[quote] The Earl's wife Sophie is lovely and they represent The Queen at oversees royal occasions

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4806/07/2013

I will bitchslap anyone who attempts to stop me from sitting anywhere I goddamn well please at Prince Philip's funeral.

So there.

I am older than dirt, but I assure you I am still feisty.

by Anonymousreply 4906/07/2013

If he died 20 years ago I'd be a happily remarried woman.

by Anonymousreply 5006/07/2013

Is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 5106/07/2013

"He's not ill."

by Anonymousreply 5206/08/2013

I can't eat. I can't sleep. I'm so worried.

by Anonymousreply 5306/08/2013

Love him!

And love the way he gets up the noses of the tiresomely PC.

His caring published letters to the egocentric half-wit Diana also blew out of the water the claims of the haters and tin-hat conspiracy whackos.

by Anonymousreply 5406/08/2013

my sources at Butt fucking am Palace say that Q. Liz fisted Phillip and that is why he was rushed and admitted to emergencies.

by Anonymousreply 5506/08/2013

R55 Are you posting from a crack house in The Bronx?! Honey stay away from the drugs. Queen Elizabeth doesn't fist Princess Phillip. They are both lizards, lizards don't fuck that way honey...;)

by Anonymousreply 5606/08/2013

assuming Philip dies first, I don't think Elizabeth will live much longer after him (aside from her age, just from a broken heart)

by Anonymousreply 5706/08/2013

Kate Middleton will probably go into labor on the day of his State Funeral, thus causing her mom to go absolutely nuts. Can you imagine all the attention the old man will steal away from Britain's Next Top Anorexic?

by Anonymousreply 5806/08/2013

He maybe crusty and cranky and also adulterous,but he is loyal and like the Queen has done his duty even when he has hated it.

The Queen loves horse racing,he never has.

But duty is everything.

He was bloody good looking in his 20s 30s 40s and even 50s.

by Anonymousreply 5906/08/2013

[quote]He maybe crusty and cranky and also adulterous,but he is loyal

How can he be both adulterous and loyal?

by Anonymousreply 6006/08/2013

He's not loyal per se, but he is DUTIFUL.

by Anonymousreply 6106/08/2013

R9 / R28 You do realise I hope that Mohamed Fayed is a proven liar and all-round fuckwit? (And I purposely won't put the 'Al' in the middle of his name because it is a self-appointed semi-aristo affectation, not the name he was born with - it would be like me putting 'Sir' in front of my name)

Fayed has been publicly shown to be a liar so many times it's not even funny anymore. He lost his son and that is sad for anyone, but his rambling assassination insanity shouldn't be taken seriously.

As for old Phil the Greek, I think Liz(ard) will be heartbroken when he goes. He's a bugnuts old crackpot but he does sometimes make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 6206/08/2013

I predict a quick remarriage and an immediate miraculous in vitro pregnancy thanks to some well-frozen eggs. She will move to replace the whole stinking lot of Mountbatten cruds by declaring them CATHOLIC and therefore not eligible for the crown.

by Anonymousreply 6306/08/2013

I dont wish death on anyone even though he is a bigot and was a wild philanderer. HRH was crazy about Philip in the early days and her father, realising his precious Elizabeth wanted to marry him, bestowed a whole bunch of titles on him so he seemed more worthy of her then he really was. He wasn't completely devoid of royal heritage, but he was way down the food chain. It seems Lizzie married him for love but he married her for status. He did do his duty however, turning up to every dull thing he had to which he clearly loathed. It seemed like a fair exchange, Elizabeth saved him from obscurity and a life of far less means and he turned up to garden parties and made small talk with middle aged women about the weather.

As the song goes "a gold digger, yes indeed"

by Anonymousreply 6406/08/2013

I know I shouldn't be surprised but the conspiracy loons on this site are amazing. I've never met one in real life but the internet is awash with them.

I'm just waiting for the first one to claim that it's no coincidence that Philip got ill while the Bilderberg circus is in town, they need to silence him before he reveals all the details of their plans for mind control via the new season of Next Top Model.

by Anonymousreply 6506/08/2013

I agree r65, it's as though wealthy, beautiful people must somehow be above mortality. Diana jumped in a car with a driver drunk out of his mind. The car was speeding. For most people this is a recipe for disaster, so why is Diana any different? The notion that being rich and famous somehow guarantees you a long life and the only way a celebrity would ever die young is if theyre murdered is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 6606/08/2013

Charles does not get along with him at all.

by Anonymousreply 6706/08/2013

Prince Phillip was known to be close with Anne and Andrew because they were the toughest. Charles and Edward were too fey and artistically inclinated for his taste. I think Andrew turned on him during the whole Fergie scandal and their relationship never really was the same. Phillip despises Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 6806/09/2013

The evil do not die young

by Anonymousreply 6906/09/2013

I can understand, OP - posting a link is a very hard thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 7006/09/2013

I have alway heard he had a taste for the boys..and Lizzie turned a blind eye to it...

by Anonymousreply 7106/09/2013

He did very well as a young officer in the Royal Navy. When warplanes from Italy were headed toward his ship for a night raid, he devised a plan to lead them off course so that they dropped their bombs on a few rowboats with lighted lanterns while his ship sailed away from the attackers. After the end of the war in Europe, Philip served on a ship in the war in the Pacific and was present in Tokyo Bay when Japan signed the Instrument of Surrender.

I crossed paths with him a few times, ended up in a photo with him and the P.M. of Australia at a Navy event in Sydney. I also saw him at the Queen Mother's 90th birthday and did a bit of research at the Imperial War Museum regarding his Royal Navy days. Had he not married Princess Elizabeth, I'm certain he would have attained a high rank in the navy on his own.

by Anonymousreply 7206/09/2013

I wish him and Nelson Mandela would both just die, already. It would be sorta like when Princess Diana and Mother Theresa died around the same time.

by Anonymousreply 7306/12/2013

OP, even in the U.S., we go to school, not THE school. We go to work, not THE work. We go to church, not THE church, and some will go to heaven, not THE heaven.

by Anonymousreply 7406/12/2013

OP/R73, whatever you think of Nelson Mandela, even if you think NM is the anti-Christ, how can you even begin to compare them? Philip had a few good years on his own, but needed money and married Elizabeth Regina II and, other than showing up now and then and looking pissed, really doesn't have to do all that much. (Although the royals are always whining about all they have to do as if they had real jobs and didn't hire people to wipe their asses.)

by Anonymousreply 7506/13/2013

R69 no doubt meant to say "THE evil."

What a ridiculous lot you are.

by Anonymousreply 7606/13/2013

And R64 is the most glowing example of a presumptuous know-nothing squalling from her high-chair that the thread has presented.

Shut up, you tuber. As if you are privy to inside knowledge as you misinterpret and misrepresent custom, history, facts, personalities, motives, and the record. What is it about such subjects that brings out the lunatics this way?

by Anonymousreply 7706/13/2013

I was hoping he would have croaked by now.

by Anonymousreply 7806/13/2013

So has there been no word as to what the hell is actually wrong with him?

by Anonymousreply 7906/14/2013

R79, he is not ill.

by Anonymousreply 8006/14/2013

[quote]Dodi's father, Mohammed Al-Fayed said it was Philip that ordered the hit.

Yea, and he also said the driver wasn't drunk.

by Anonymousreply 8106/14/2013

Oh shut up R77. Instead of insulting me you could have asked how I know what I know, i would have gladly told you, but you didn't. You're 18 kinds of stupid and then some. The fact that you don't like what I shared, doesn't make it untrue.

by Anonymousreply 8206/15/2013

Did Philips order of the the include the driver getting totally wasted?

by Anonymousreply 8306/15/2013

If Phillip dies, would the Queen remarry? If the Prime Minister wanted to forge or solidify an alliance, whom would he marry Elizabeth to?

by Anonymousreply 8406/16/2013

R84, she might find herself a nice Protestant German prince, the country is teaming with them and many are related to her. It would be a fine replacement for her mostly-German current husband anyway.

by Anonymousreply 8506/16/2013

R85, if Zsa Zsa ever dies, would the Prinz be a suitable candidate?

by Anonymousreply 8606/16/2013

[quote]I predict a quick remarriage and an immediate miraculous in vitro pregnancy thanks to some well-frozen eggs. She will move to replace the whole stinking lot of Mountbatten cruds by declaring them CATHOLIC and therefore not eligible for the crown.

This made me LOL. It reminded me of a Frasier episode where Daphne picks up a copy of a newspaper lying on the breakfast table and, not realizing that it's a decades old paper, exclaims, "Queen Elizabeth is going to have another baby? I don't care what modern science can do; some things are just not right."

by Anonymousreply 8706/16/2013

Both him and Mandela will die the same day.

by Anonymousreply 8806/16/2013

Shoot, R88, the better equivalent is who will die first: Phil, the guy who hasn't had to do real work in years because he boinked the queen, or Zsa Zsa who also hasn't had a real job in years.

by Anonymousreply 8906/16/2013

When old man Philip dies, Andrew and I will remarry.

by Anonymousreply 9006/17/2013

He's out of the hospital!

by Anonymousreply 9106/17/2013

He doesn't look "totally wasted". Not at all:

by Anonymousreply 9206/17/2013

Post R92 is for R83. (I am on the other hand a little wasted).

by Anonymousreply 9306/17/2013

But that's the thing with hospitals, they put you on oxygen and a bunch of drugs and you perk right up. Then you go home and die.

by Anonymousreply 9406/17/2013

R82, Please spill. How do you know what you know? I've always searched for the truth.

R90, Why would Andrew and Sarah remarry?

by Anonymousreply 9506/17/2013

I bet he he had gall stones.

by Anonymousreply 9606/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!