Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Carey Mulligan just isn't ugly enough to play Hillary Clinton

!

by Anonymousreply 1306/14/2013

You managed to insult and degrade two women at once.

Collect your prize!

by Anonymousreply 106/06/2013

Hillary Clinton is brilliant, but she never has been attractive.

by Anonymousreply 206/06/2013

No. The young Hillary Clinton was not an attractive woman. HRC has poked fun at herself so I doubt she'll be offended by OP's comment. However, as she ages, she's become more stately and poised.

This is Hollywood and everyone gets the Hollywood treatment. I think it matters more that an actress embodies the character and mannerisms of the person. Physical similarities helps, but I don't think it matters all that much.

Katie Holmes looks a bit like the young Jackie O., but was lampooned for being nothing like Jackie O in "The Kennedys."

by Anonymousreply 306/06/2013

Never have thought of Hillary Clinton as unattractive. Her looks, ability to change and her intellect combined put her way up for me.

by Anonymousreply 406/06/2013

It's a good thing Carey M hasn't signed up to play Eleanor Roosevelt. Or Bess Truman. You want ugly...

by Anonymousreply 506/06/2013

The script actually sounds pretty awful. Almost like a parody. It's no wonder so many actresses are denying they were ever interested. I think the film might even be a career killer.

A script about the young life and career of one of the most powerful female politician and it's penned by a South Korean?

by Anonymousreply 606/14/2013

This lady should be in there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 706/14/2013

She's too old r7. It has to be an actress in her mid-20s young enough to play a recent law school graduate. The film supposedly focuses on HRC's time during the Watergate era.

by Anonymousreply 806/14/2013

Durr. Of course she's playing the older aged Hillary. Good resemblance tho, no? That's what I first thought when I saw her in Mumford.

by Anonymousreply 906/14/2013

I don't think Hillary's ever been attractive, and god knows 70's fashion did nothing for her.

But I've never heard you guys butch about how ugly Madeline Albright is, either.

by Anonymousreply 1006/14/2013

too bad Margaret Hamilton is dead. She's be great in it.

by Anonymousreply 1106/14/2013

I'm a Hilary hater but I must admit she wasn't that bad looking when she was younger . she was kind of cute. It's only as of late that she looks like an elderdyke that chomps on cigars and leaves her hair unwashed!

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013

I disagree. She's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 1306/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.