Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rich Juzwiak of Gawker

Very cute. Any gossip?

by Anonymousreply 3409/08/2013

Two words: Hot. Mess.

by Anonymousreply 106/05/2013

Overshares way, way too much about his sex life on Gawker. Kind of a ho.

by Anonymousreply 206/05/2013

[quote]Overshares way, way too much about his sex life on Gawker. Kind of a ho.

by Anonymousreply 306/19/2013

Fuck him twice and he'll make your cat an internet star.

by Anonymousreply 406/19/2013

Judging by his articles, he's depressive sex addict who nevertheless writes condescending and above-it-all articles about gay topics.

by Anonymousreply 506/19/2013

He acts above it all but every article ends with him going off and fucking some strangers.

by Anonymousreply 606/19/2013

I can appreciate a good slut, it's a bad writer that I can't abide.

by Anonymousreply 706/19/2013

Untalented and overrated.

by Anonymousreply 806/19/2013

Tragically, he often submits articles that belong in his personal journal. Most often this is neither courageous nor interesting, but merely stomach-turning.

by Anonymousreply 906/19/2013

He used to be tolerable and even sometimes write some decent pieces, five or so years ago, on his FourFour blog.

The combination of believing his own press (i.e., adoring comments on his blog) and, as R5 wrote, a move into mental illness have made him an entirely loathsome personality. His writing is now consistently awful as well.

by Anonymousreply 1006/19/2013

A mouth made for sucking and an ass so loose you can use it as a duffel. What's not to like?

Oh. Solipsistic and tedious. Right.

by Anonymousreply 1106/19/2013

Stretch that out to book length and you have a Felice Picano book.

"I looked fabulous when I appeared at X party and fucked A, B, C and D."

Add cheap alcohol and stir....

by Anonymousreply 1206/19/2013

"Very cute."

Is O.P. Helen Keller? The man looks like a Triassic reptile.

by Anonymousreply 1306/19/2013

Horrible writer.

by Anonymousreply 1406/19/2013

Sloppy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 1506/19/2013

I liked his blog (FourFour), but he hasn't updated it in a while. He's always seemed to have a problem editing his material down. Did you read the piece he posted on Gawker (On Valentine's Day) about his relationship with his straight, druggie, former boss/roommate A.J. Daulerio? Odd.

I'm Not Straight, But My Boyfriend Is

by Anonymousreply 1606/19/2013

The problem is he (and Brian before him) are trying to fill Richard Lawon's shoes and they can't. They don't have the talent. So what do young gay writers do when they don't have talent? They try to shock with their outsider sexuality. Remember, Brian also wrote about hooking up, in a similar manner.

by Anonymousreply 1706/19/2013

The worst of all the current weekday Gawker writers (and I include Neetzan Zimmerman and his workmanlike viral video write-ups). This is compounded by the fact that he inherited the "film and television reviews/pop culture commentary/gay issues" beat from Richard Lawson, who is the best writer to ever come out of Gawker.

by Anonymousreply 1806/19/2013

Do you think milk squirts out of his breasts every time he sneezes? I mean, come on, he looks like the kind of guy whose breasts are the preferred nesting site of African waterfowl. Let's get real here.

by Anonymousreply 1906/19/2013

R19 cracked me up.

by Anonymousreply 2006/19/2013

I loved his blog, but his articles for Gawker on gay life are dark and presumptuous in a way that makes me uncomfortable that straight people are reading them.

by Anonymousreply 2106/24/2013

Got meth?

by Anonymousreply 2306/24/2013

Horrible purple prose.

by Anonymousreply 2406/24/2013

"his articles for Gawker on gay life are dark and presumptuous"

That's an excellent characterization of Juzwiak's writing. He assumes that all other gay men share his aggressively dissolute outlook, and he tells his straight readers that this jaded posture is the truest definition of male homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 2506/24/2013

Handsome? He's not ugly, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2706/24/2013

OP = Juzwiak, trolling for responses he can cobble together into an endless posting about himself for Pride week.

by Anonymousreply 2806/24/2013

[quote]"his articles for Gawker on gay life are dark and presumptuous"

[quote]He assumes that all other gay men share his aggressively dissolute outlook, and he tells his straight readers that this jaded posture is the truest definition

This is true for Gawker as a whole, gay and straight content alike.

Nick Denton is a miserable, self-loathing and loathsome person, and spreads the disease to each of his employees.

by Anonymousreply 2906/24/2013

What a terrible, hackneyed writer...and don't even get me started on what sort of person he seems to be.

Ugh, just the worst.

by Anonymousreply 3006/24/2013

R29, his writing was starting to become self-conscious and grating before he joined Gawker.

by Anonymousreply 3106/24/2013

He reveals that he's gone into the polyamory lifestyle in this recap of Showtime's polyamory show. Everything he does seems to be an overreaction to getting dumped by his boyfriend of many years. It's actually painful to witness his desire to erase that trauma via such hip, carefree 'sex-positivity'.

by Anonymousreply 3209/07/2013

Who the hell is this and why should we care?

by Anonymousreply 3309/08/2013

Like Brian Moylan, he has boring, mainstream tastes and a lame sense of humour. He called the recent Knife concert (which was amazing) "embarrassing" so there is no hope for him.

Caity Weaver, on the other hand, is mostly hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 3409/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.