Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bravo's Princesses: Long Island

I can't watch this.

Chanel is making me feel anti-Semitic.

I don't like that.

by Anonymousreply 23109/13/2013

This show is about everything that made me flee Long Island. Oy blecch!

by Anonymousreply 206/02/2013

PS - the town that hag Ash is driving around bitching about is the trashy South Shore town my aunt lives in.

Oy, a fence with green wires in it! Oy, a couch!

by Anonymousreply 406/02/2013

You can't believe the amount of property taxes these people pay. I live in the Hamptons and pay less than half of what my sister pays in a crappy mid-island town in Suffolk county that doesn't even have a beach or any parks. No sidewalks, no streelights. I get beaches, parks, a town police force and a village police force for about $3,000 a year. I know people on the north shore who pay $23,000 in annual property tax.

by Anonymousreply 606/02/2013

I thought this would be light and fun. Haute bourgeois decadence. Shopping. Cheesey fun, but with a little sophistication.

No. These girls are ugly, stupid, and dull.

by Anonymousreply 806/02/2013

Thank goodness there are hunky personal trainers ripping their shirts off and jumping in the pool.

by Anonymousreply 906/02/2013

Where is Lizzie Grubman and her SUV when you need her.

by Anonymousreply 1006/02/2013

Okay. Now that I've seen the pool party I get it. My expectations were way off.

This is Bravos sad effort at The Jersey Shore redux.

Ewww. No.

Just... no.

by Anonymousreply 1106/02/2013

I loved the South Shore Guidos at the pool party. That Jeff looks like Borat's ugly younger brother with a creepy factor off the charts!

by Anonymousreply 1206/02/2013

[quote]The highlight so far is the nebbish bf who's swimwear shopping with his gf and her mother.[/quote]

Correction: you mean "gay" boyfriend, right?

Gosh, this man is so flaming, and the show is still so boring.

by Anonymousreply 1406/03/2013

Where can one even begin with this one?

My first thought was - could they not find at least ONE pretty girl to be on this show?

The 38yo boyfriend who looks to be Cosmo Kramer's nelly cousin? Beyond flaming...and creepy. I had to snort when she was feeling his "muscles" at the restaurant.

The dad in the cut off jean shorts going to get a pedicure with his daughter and picking out her polish. Does this actually happen?

They seemed to showcase the only actual nice, big house out of the group. Are these people considered rich in LI?

by Anonymousreply 1506/04/2013

i think its kind of funny and jeff is great, but why did they bring this on when the could have just given me more 'gallery girls'?!

by Anonymousreply 1606/04/2013

When are the Gallery Girls coming back?

by Anonymousreply 1806/04/2013

I miss GG. This show is OK. FB/'Faggot' girl was annoying. And so was the little person who needs heels in order to walk.

by Anonymousreply 1906/04/2013

This is considered rich on Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 2106/04/2013

Oy, the Hamptons are too much of a schlep. Great Neck is where it's at.

by Anonymousreply 2206/04/2013

Keep in mind the person who buys that house is going to completely gut it and renovate it to reflect their own taste. Or they might pull it down, like David Tepper did to the $44M house he bought from his best friend, Jon Corzine and then erected a $60M house in its place.

by Anonymousreply 2306/04/2013

Am I beloved by DL yet?

by Anonymousreply 2406/04/2013

gallery girls is cancelled

by Anonymousreply 2506/04/2013

If all of these type shows were based in any area other than NYC, DL posters would be calling for the place to be bombed.

by Anonymousreply 2706/05/2013

What's with the closeted queen boyfriend?????

He is so WEIRD. The scene when he went bikini shopping with his girlfriend and her mother was cringe-inducing. He is definitely a lip gloss and Prada queen. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 2806/05/2013

Gallery Girls was actually good! Andy will let that retarded Flipping Out show run for 8 fucking seasons but cancel a good show without letting it grow? And whatever happened to "Work of Art"??? That was great as well.

by Anonymousreply 2906/05/2013

I miss Gallery Girls as well. LOVED to hate it.

Ms. Cohen, if you read here (and your your sake I hope you don't) please bring back GG!

by Anonymousreply 3006/05/2013

If they were pretty, well-behaved and classy, nobody would watch the show. America wants to watch crass, ugly people on reality shows. Scripted television shows star actors and actresses who have been plastic surgeried to perfection. Reality tv shows are all about the people who need plastic surgery and behave badly.

You just know at least one of them is going to get a nose job in front of the camera.

by Anonymousreply 3106/05/2013

Who is the insane troll who goes into show threads and lamely attempts to chastise people for watching the show? Doesn't this freak realize that they are only embarrassing themselves and relaying the fact that they have nothing else going on but to criticize and worry about the viewing habits of complete strangers?

by Anonymousreply 3306/05/2013

r33, your viewing habits are causing your brain to melt. You're embarrassing yourself by worshiping these pieces of trash. You hate yourself and you want to be bitchy and fabulous like these pieces of human waste on camera, and we all have to suffer from your stupidity.

The people who watch these shows are the people who offer nothing to the world while expecting to be treated like royalty.

I'll derail every goddamned thread about Bravo reality shows I want to. It's about time.

by Anonymousreply 3406/05/2013

"Gallery Girls" was the best show Bravo has had in the past three years. Did it get poor ratings?

by Anonymousreply 3506/05/2013

R31 is correct. America wants to see crass, ugly, socially backwards people for their entertainment. But, how come so many of the shows take place in the NYC area? Was does that say to the world?

by Anonymousreply 3606/05/2013

I felt the same way. It was like watching a reality show about Asian people who are wonderful at math, but horrible drivers!

by Anonymousreply 3806/06/2013

Jeff is HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 3906/06/2013

R6 Do you live in the fantasy version of the Hamptons on the planet called Uranus? Or even worse are you in Westhampton...that's hardly the Hamptons even though it's geographically in the Hamptons.If you live in Water Mill, Bridgehampton and Sag Harbor you are paying for the majority of Suffolk County's property taxes NOT the people who live in your sister's "middle-island" town.

by Anonymousreply 4006/06/2013

Sweetie, it's Dior that should make you feel anti- Semitic

by Anonymousreply 4106/08/2013

[quote] Do you live in the fantasy version of the Hamptons on the planet called Uranus?

I live in Water Mill and my taxes are just over $3,000. It's no fantasy. Ask Matt Lauer; he put his giant horse compound practically in our backyards here in the hood.

by Anonymousreply 4206/08/2013

I'm watching this now and I'm appalled!

How is that guy Jeff straight? No way!!

Some girls do need nose jobs, but i thought most of them get it as their BD present when they turn 16? At least that was the case with the "princesses" in my high school.

Yeah, i concur, that swim suit shopping trip was too much, kind of creepy.

by Anonymousreply 4306/09/2013

How much lower can Bravo go ? These tacky, crass, nasty people all deserve each other. I have never been to Great Neck, or environs, and after watching this, I never want to.

by Anonymousreply 4406/09/2013

Ms Cohen is laughing all the way to the bank!

by Anonymousreply 4506/09/2013

Gallery Girls had terrible ratings compared to the other Bravo fare. Queens from NYC were the only ones watching.

by Anonymousreply 4606/09/2013

To be honest even if they had nose jobs they would still be devastatingly ugly.Look at women like Joan and Melissa Rivers. No amount of plastic surgery/botox/restylane would wipe the fugliness off their faces!

by Anonymousreply 4706/09/2013

r47 there's plenty of gorgeous Jewish women out there

by Anonymousreply 4806/09/2013

[quote]Gallery Girls had terrible ratings compared to the other Bravo fare.

So? Real Housewives of Miami is one of the lowest rated shows in Bravo history and Andy keeps that shit on.

People complain that NY and BH have lower ratings than NJ & ATL, but NY & BH average 2-3x more viewers than the shitastic Miami.

by Anonymousreply 4906/09/2013

I honestly believe these women are mentally retarded.

by Anonymousreply 5006/09/2013

[quote]America wants to see crass, ugly, socially backwards people for their entertainment

THIS IS ALL THEY PUT ON!

I want to see intelligent, interesting people!!!

No matter the age, sex, region, job - all they put on are the STUPID, CRUDE AND GROTESQUE - IN EVERY CATEGORY. Stupid gross children and their stupid gross parents. Stupid people with money, stupid people without money, stupid crude chefs, stupid people on drugs, stupid people committing crimes, stupid celebrities on and on and on

they are not giving us a choice

I am beginning to think this some sort of brainwashing. Is the government involved?

by Anonymousreply 5106/09/2013

Wow!

Late 20s and till obsessed with high school.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 5206/09/2013

Viewers are tired of New York area women acting like assholes. Are there any normal women there?

by Anonymousreply 5306/09/2013

R51 Dear, if you want to see intelligent people tune into PBS. Bravo is for those of us who enjoy feeling superior while watching these trainwrecks.

by Anonymousreply 5406/10/2013

Chanel is what nightmares are made of. The boyfriend stealer who is supposed to be the hottest of Long Island is a puffy little hard faced slob. The "poor" girl from south shore who works full time is easily the prettiest, but that's not saying much at all. Bring back Gallery Girls as a double feature with this mess. and i love jeff!!!

by Anonymousreply 5506/11/2013

I have to chuckle everytime someone mentions that Erica is the hottest chick, steals boyfriends, etc. WTF happened to her? She looks a complete hot mess now.

by Anonymousreply 5606/11/2013

If Erica was hot then Chanel(the Lake Bell lookalike except that she makes Lake Bell look like Marilyn Monroe) was homecoming queen?!I've seen past pictures of her and she wasn't that hot at all. Please that Erica would be laughed at look wise in so many other places. She has a man face mixed in with a bit of alkie face mixed in for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 5706/11/2013

I weep for the future.

by Anonymousreply 5806/11/2013

The family of little Long Island sprites is just too precious.

by Anonymousreply 5906/11/2013

I wonder if this video

by Anonymousreply 6006/11/2013

I wonder if this video would be appreciated in this thread...

JAP=Jewish American Princess, obv.

by Anonymousreply 6106/11/2013

Not exactly known for quality, but Bravo has been cranking out some seriously shitty shows over the past year. I pretty much gave up right about the time Miami Housewives and Shahs of Sunset aired. I just had no desire to watch any more of their crap shows. They keep getting worse. Married to Medicine? Newlyweds? Princesses? Vanderpump Rules? And who the fuck greenlit that show featuring the two obese queens that think they're giving Joan Rivers a run for her money? It's tragic.

by Anonymousreply 6206/11/2013

Erica suffers from both party-girl-bloat and party-girl-voice. Think along the lines of Tara Reid who has/had a terminal case of both. Also, LI must consist of exactly 7 other residemts (the Boo Boo family among them) if Erica is/was the hottest girl in LI.

by Anonymousreply 6306/11/2013

^residents

by Anonymousreply 6406/11/2013

Do they really all get drunk from that Jewish wine?

by Anonymousreply 6506/11/2013

Jeff is the queeniest man ever. How can his girlfriend NOT know???

Is their relationship even real? I feel like the season finale cliffhanger is going to be that she finds him cheating on her with a man. If not, this show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 6606/11/2013

Some women choose to be with gay men, go figure.

by Anonymousreply 6706/12/2013

Not only that, but he's 10+ years older than her. Is he rich?

by Anonymousreply 6806/12/2013

Bravo will keep producing these shows as long as there are fat middle-aged women who hate their life and fat middle-aged queens who love to think that someone else has a worse life.

by Anonymousreply 6906/12/2013

Ugh. I'm from the general area as these fucking twits. Though the jewish girls I knew were all expected to go to college, graduate, and go out on their own until they landed a husband...which, of course, they all did. This though is a different breed altogether.

And to build on what an earlier poster wrote, my mom still lives on the north shore of long island and the taxes are fucking insane. She gets a break for being a senior citizen but she still ends up paying 15k a year. I hope she sells soon.

by Anonymousreply 7006/12/2013

Miss Cohen has obviously given up on doing anything with substance. Now it all follows the same pattern - Shahs, Vanderpump, this show, the one with the cruise ship, etc, etc.

Housewives truly created a TV monster - the amount of shows about a group of catty women is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 7106/12/2013

This show will do for Long Island what Jersey Shore did for NJ.

by Anonymousreply 7206/12/2013

R69 why ascribe different qualities to your subgroups?

by Anonymousreply 7306/12/2013

This show won't last like the others. It can't even hold on to half of NJ's audience.

by Anonymousreply 7406/12/2013

Ratings dropped drastically for episode 2. I have a feeling we have another Gallery Girls here.

Except those bitches had jobs.

Well, internships.

Or sumpin'

by Anonymousreply 7506/15/2013

Jeff Lewis is getting yet another show?

by Anonymousreply 7606/15/2013

Miss Cohen loves Miss Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 7706/15/2013

Jeff is Jewish right? He would make the perfect fit for one of the princesses. Since the Italian one has such a queen for a boyfriend, Jeff would look cute together with Casey.

by Anonymousreply 7806/15/2013

"When I was in 7th grade, I made the mistake of watching the horror film, "The Ring."

Throughout the entire movie, I squeezed my friend's hand, covered my eyes, and yelled "Make it stop!" "I can't watch!" "I CAN'T!"

And tonight, I found myself uttering these very words all over again.

Only this time, I wasn't in a dark theater watching a psycho-thriller. I was on my own couch, in my own apartment, watching episodes 1 and 2 of Bravo's new series, "Princesses: Long Island."

Although the cast of this show does not include a ghost-like child named 'Samara' who crawls out of wells, my experience watching "Princesses: Long Island" proved to be equally as terrifying.

Bravo describes "Princesses" as a "reality" show that documents the lives of six Jewish women in their late twenties and early thirties, who live at home... on Long Island... with their parents.

Their daily routines consist of shopping at designer stores, sunbathing by their parents' pools, and searching for wealthy Jewish doctors or lawyers to "put a ring on it."

They do not have jobs. They do not know how to take care of themselves. And they label neighborhoods with homes valued at less than $500,000 as "the ghetto."

Simply stated, their lives could not be farther from a Jewish woman's true reality.

The women on this show depict a disgracefully false representation of Jews, a shameful representation of women, and a humiliating representation of Long Islanders.

As a Jewish woman from New York, I could not be more appalled with the Bravo network's decision to air this train wreck of a show, and the cast members' decisions to fuel this stereotypical fire.

As human beings living in the "land of free," we have the right to portray ourselves in whatever manner we please (within the constraints of the law).

If these women want to be obnoxious... that's their prerogative, if they want to be spoiled beyond belief...that's also their prerogative, but when they start to generalize an entire population, religion, and community into the ridiculous molds they've set for themselves... THAT'S WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM.

In the series premiere, Chanel (yes... that's really the name of the lead princess), proclaimed that women living at home with their parents until they're married is both a "Jewish thing" and a "Long Island Thing."

Well, I'm here to clear something up for the 1.24 million viewers who received this false information. It is not a "Jewish thing." It is not a "Long Island thing." It's simply a "Chanel thing." (And a "Chanel's 5 friends thing.")

I have Jewish friends - and friends of friends -- from all corners of the country (and the globe), none of whom share this show's mentality.

Like me, my friends are working full-time, financially independent, and living in their own apartments (with roommates who are not their parents).

The modern Jewish woman values her own career, far more than she values money. She understands her own self-worth, and does not need a husband to confirm her value.

She is not a princess in search of a prince. She is a human being who has to work hard, pay her own bills, and determine her own path in life. She does not let her parents -- or her husband -- do it for her.

Please: join me in boycotting this shamefully-stereotypical show. Women have made tremendous strides in the battle for equality and we cannot enable yet another Bravo network show to tarnish a religion's image and set a gender back in time.

It's time to STOP labeling -- STOP stereotyping -- and STOP generalizing groups of people based on their religion, their ethnicity, or their location.

If we can stop categorizing one another, maybe... just maybe... we, as a human race will start to focus on the qualities that unite us -- rather than the qualities that set us apart. Maybe...just maybe... we'll embrace a culture of acceptance and put an end to all types of discrimination.

It starts with you. It starts with this boycotting this show and replacing it with a show that depicts people in both a positive and inspiring light.

LOL (Lindsey Out Loud)"

by Anonymousreply 7906/15/2013

OP Chanel acts like an extra crispy Jew but I think she slips bacon and lobster into her diet when her parents are not looking. I also feel that she's had some uncut gentile cock in her mouth as well.She got caught with a guy in her house and I wonder if she pumped his cock or sucked it before mom caught her.....

by Anonymousreply 8006/15/2013

R79 I agree with everything you said. But, have no fear, the show will not be back and, if ratings continue to drop, the show will be banished to a timeslot when no one is watching.

by Anonymousreply 8106/15/2013

R81 - although I agree with the article, I did not write it. You can read the original at the link.

by Anonymousreply 8206/15/2013

I'm not familiar with Long Island. Can somebody explain how the North Shore is different from the South Shore?

by Anonymousreply 8306/15/2013

These girls are what would result if Cinderella's ugly stepsisters had somehow tricked the prince into marrying them.

Loud, boorish, fat...and my god, learn how to hold and use eating utensils - they look like poor prisoners shoveling food into their mouths quickly in order to ensure that they can have a second serving of food.

by Anonymousreply 8406/16/2013

I give it one season before Bravo and Andy Cohen can it.

by Anonymousreply 8506/16/2013

As a native Long Islander (spawned on the trashy South Shore), allow me to break it down for you.

North Shore: hilly, gorgeous, settled by the nation's elite (Astors, Vanderbilts, etc) in an area known as the Gold Coast. Mansions galore.

South Shore: flat, trashy, strip malls galore. While there are some very nice towns, largely where you can get a house on the water, it's a wasteland of nail salons, decomposing diners, dollar stores and Rainbow Shops.

Ironically, the Hamptons are technically on the South Shore, but are on a "fork" so people don't consider that as South Shore stigma.

by Anonymousreply 8606/16/2013

Tonite's episode was riveting.

I love the first season of any 'reality show' because it's raw. The 'characters' haven't gone 100% famewhore yet.

And gotta love how the producers hold these morons up to ridicule. Example: check out the pool scene between Amanda and the gay bf in tonite's episode.

The gay bf was on Watch What Happens Live tonite. A caller asked Tabitha if she was offended having to share the stage with him.

I was hoping he'd have a bitchfit and storm off but he just looked confused.

Buddy, everyone is laughing at you. Get out while you can.

by Anonymousreply 8706/16/2013

[quote] Not exactly known for quality, but Bravo . . .

This is so sad. I remember when Bravo was THE quality channel. Better than a lot of PBS.

Great indie films, real arts, etc. and to be reduced to trash is just a tragedy. Yes, I said a tragedy.

Same with Court TV - once a great serious channel and now not so much.

by Anonymousreply 8806/17/2013

Bravo's previous iteration wasn't very interesting, though, R88. They could have found a happy medium between the rarefied artistic side and the popular sociological side. Unfortunately, it's veering too far to the popular side now.

by Anonymousreply 8906/17/2013

And let's not forget Bravo's "Pregnant in Heels!"

by Anonymousreply 9006/17/2013

Holy shit on a shingle! I wasn't going to watch this series, because I already have a "Real Housewives of BH, OC and ATL" problem. The last thing I want is more trash TV taking up space on my mental hard drive. BUT, I decided after reading this thread last week, I would indulge in one episode. You guys not only nailed it, you understated how obviously gay that JAP's boyfriend is! He is almost like a parody of a closeted man. How in the hell can she not see it????? Damn. They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 9106/17/2013

Miss Cohen loves Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 9206/17/2013

Amanda (I think her name is Amanda) is reasonably attractive and has the kind of body straight men really go for, so what in god's name is she running around with this mincing queen?

by Anonymousreply 9306/17/2013

Some women want to be with gay guys. I knew a born again Christian girl who wanted to marry a gay guy! Go figure,right? Some girls want to be with a guy that is not trying to fuck them every ten seconds, has good taste in design and fashion and is their best friend. A DL gay would fit that bill quite nicely.

R86 There's also a marked difference between Nassau and Suffolk counties. Nassau (where the princesses are from and live) is heavily Jewish when compared to Suffolk County, where teh Jewish population is relatively small(where the Hamptons are).Suffolk is far less suburban out in eastern Suffolk especially on the North Fork. The North Fork is markedly different from the South Fork which is where the Hamptons are. Yes, the North-South parallel exists in Suffolk as well but there are nice water side towns in Western Suffolk where the property taxes are obscenely high 10,000 and over non including flood insurance and the like.

by Anonymousreply 9406/17/2013

How hilarious was it when she talked about his body/arms/hair as he got out of the pool? Either this bitch is in on the joke or she's delusional.

by Anonymousreply 9506/17/2013

[quote]Some women want to be with gay guys. I knew a born again Christian girl who wanted to marry a gay guy! Go figure,right? Some girls want to be with a guy that is not trying to fuck them every ten seconds, has good taste in design and fashion and is their best friend. A DL gay would fit that bill quite nicely.

That doesn't really fit with the way she was sticking her tongue down his throat. Meanwhile I think Jeff was checking out the cabana boy.

by Anonymousreply 9606/17/2013

R95 A little bit of both. She's probably aware that he's a queen but wants a queen anyway!

R96 I never said that the straight girl who wants a gay guy is celibate or chaste! They'll fool around and fuck around with a gay guy. Women like a challenge. The more unavailable the guy is the more she wants him.

by Anonymousreply 9706/17/2013

I'm ashamed to admit that I found the shot of Jeff's hairy asscrack appealing.

Rob, Erica's boyfriend, is bizarrely doting... He must be very insecure, to find Erica worth the effort. He also seems like a frat bro who, while drunk, would love a blowjob and/or rimjob from another guy.

by Anonymousreply 9806/17/2013

Erica suffers from a serious case of man face.That is why her very pingy boyfriend must like her. She also looks like she has shit in her pants!Her posture is extremely unsexy. Oh and she was considered the hottest girl on Long Island? I call bullshit on that one. Maybe the fugliest tranny but not the hottest girl.

by Anonymousreply 9906/17/2013

Jeff is what Catfish's Nev might age into 10 years from now. Rob will age into Chris Laurita, only with more barely suppressed homosexual longings.

by Anonymousreply 10006/17/2013

" I know, let's take a group of obnoxious personalities that have absolutely nothing in common with one another and force them into uncomfortable situations that will cause tension, fighting, and hopefully table flipping"

by Anonymousreply 10106/17/2013

That girl with the gay dude looks just like Lady Gaga!!!

That explains it.

by Anonymousreply 10206/17/2013

Chanel looked like a mongoloid dancing in that club.

by Anonymousreply 10306/17/2013

Erica was the prettiest and hottest girl in Long Island.

The idea that Casey would take one look at her ow and still feel anything but pity is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 10406/17/2013

I know it's wrong to like this show but I just can't stay away.

What a trainwreck. A tragedy. And I love it.

The really sad thing is I don't think they're acting. These girls are for real. Maybe a few things are staged but they're all the real thing.

I want more. Please let it be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 10506/23/2013

Why are they all so obsessed with being Jews?

by Anonymousreply 10606/24/2013

Because they are Jewish! That area they live in(Nassau County) is very Jewish so how can they escape that fact? Do you want them to be wannabe Italians? Or pseudo Wasps?

by Anonymousreply 10706/24/2013

This show is unintentional comedy everytime somebody references how hot and desirable Erica is. She looks like a bloated mess and probably smells of a combo of booze/cigarettes/sweat. 29 looking a hot mess of 50.

That seemingly nice boyfriend should run for the hills.

by Anonymousreply 10806/24/2013

I am unfamiliar with Long Island - what is the deal with the midget's father? Is that typical? He couldn't act any gayer if he tried.

by Anonymousreply 10906/24/2013

R109 Long Island is far more geographically diverse than this show lets on.Suffolk and Nassau county are very different form one another. As for Nassau(where the characters live), the father might be seen as a "nice Jewish" guy by some BUT a raging queen by others.

Erica was never hot. That is such a joke. Who are they foiling with that bullshit. She looks like an old man dressing up in drag!She walks like she has shit in her pants and has an annoying slouch.

by Anonymousreply 11006/24/2013

I think it's clear that Ashlee is her dad's hag.

by Anonymousreply 11106/24/2013

Erica looks like she's slowly morphing into Rachel Dratch.

And i don't mean that as a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 11206/24/2013

Everytime I see Jeff, I think Cosmo Kramer.

by Anonymousreply 11306/24/2013

Why does Rob want to be with Erica so badly? He's cute, and could do a LOT better.

by Anonymousreply 11406/24/2013

114, because she was like the hottest girl in Long Island and could get any guy she wanted. Guys came from New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania just to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 11506/24/2013

I wish Ashlee's dad had given her a pearl necklace instead of a diamond ring.

by Anonymousreply 11606/26/2013

I wish Ashlee's dad would have gotten a dildo to match his own, kosher of course.

by Anonymousreply 11706/26/2013

These young women are caricatures of caricatures.

by Anonymousreply 11806/26/2013

Long island is amazingly diverse in terms of neighborhoods. Jewish neighborhoods, Italian, Irish, Indian, Korean, Chinese, African American. Stupendously wealthy neighborhoods on the Gold Coast, middle class neighborhoods, working class, poor, undocumented immigrant neighborhoods. Farms, industry, malls galore, condos, townhouses, single family homes, garden apartments, the Hamptons, the North Fork, wineries, Montauk. Little enclaves like St James, Head of the Harbor, Northport, Village of the Branch, Crane's Neck, East Setauket, Sea Cliff. Indian reservations. Neighborhoods that seem to exist solely for consumption of consumer goods and the proper labels for crass middle class people with too much money, like Smithtown. Egghead school districts for the children of university professors and doctors, like the Three Village school district.

Queens and Brooklyn are geographically on Long Island -- something bit many people outside of the area do not know. Many people migrated from queens and Brooklyn to Lawn Guyland and continue to move "out to the island" today.

The traffic is horrible. But I have to say, most drivers over the age of 25 pretty much obey most traffic laws like signaling when changing lanes. Something I notice every time I go to NJ -- LIers are much better, safer drivers.

by Anonymousreply 11906/26/2013

R119 Nassau is far more congested than Suffolk.Nassau is starting to remind me of queens the last few years.In addition, the traffic in Suffolk is not as bad as it is in Nassau especially when you leave Western Suffolk. If you pass Western Suffolk at times of the year there is tons of space between Western Suffolk and The Hamptons. One would be shocked at how barren that part of Long Island is. The North Fork is also sparsely populated when compared to Western Suffolk.

by Anonymousreply 12006/26/2013

I don't understand why anyone would move to Nassau and pay those taxes when they could live in Bayside, Douglaston, Whitestone Auburndale or other neighborhoods in Queens and pay far less in taxes.

by Anonymousreply 12106/26/2013

I heard that Erica was so hot that she turned gay guys straight.

by Anonymousreply 12206/26/2013

R122 Erica looks like a dude in drag so it stands to reason that gay guys would think that she had a johnson underneath her skirt!

R121 The schools are better. That being said the property taxes both in Nassau and Suffolk are obscene compared to NYC. Including sales taxes,the electrical bill and whatever else in taxes living in those Queens neighborhoods you've mentioned is a far less expensive affair.

by Anonymousreply 12306/26/2013

The schools in Bayside are better than schools in Nassau. That's why so many Asians live there.

by Anonymousreply 12406/26/2013

R124 I don't think so. Bayside is only one area BTW. Koreans, Chinese and Indians are good students no matter where they go.There are also Greeks in Bayside who do well in school as well. That being said the public schools in NYC are so underfunded compared to the schools in Nassau that the comparison is not fair.The high property taxes in Nassau pay for the school districts.The teachers are very well paid in Nassau compared to city teachers. I've had friends and relatives that have taught in NYC,Suffolk and Nassau and teaching in New York City is no picnic.

by Anonymousreply 12506/26/2013

Are you people still watching this show? I'm fascinated and it's always nice to see stereotypes reinforced (I feel the same way about gays and I'm a big one).

Erica is a mess. Why is that bf sticking with her? He's not bad looking and i'm sure he could find a nice, Jewish girl and settle down. Why is he putting up with her abuse?

I did chuckle when she said to him 'I'm a pretty girl and guys like to text me.'

It's that kind of delusional behavior that gets you invited to guest with Shady Boots on WWHL!

by Anonymousreply 12607/01/2013

The funniest part of this show is definitely what a hot mess Erica is vs everyone's "opinion" that she is hot. Between the voice, the bloat, the obvious stench of booze and cigarettes, you can tell why all of these guys are texting her.

The show needs more queen Jeff.

Interesting that some of them actually have products already.

I would love to know what the midget father does for a living.

by Anonymousreply 12707/01/2013

"The show needs more queen Jeff."

I agree, R127. I love Jeff for some reason.

I also want more of Erica's Rob, just without Erica.

by Anonymousreply 12807/01/2013

Babs is funnier than any of the girls.

by Anonymousreply 12907/01/2013

Yeah, Babs needs her own show!

by Anonymousreply 13007/01/2013

Chanel looks like an even more demented version of Streisand!

R127 I bet he owns glory holes all over Lawn Guy Land!

by Anonymousreply 13107/01/2013

My former in laws were from Oyster Bay and were members of the Piping Rock Club. I assume that was part of the "Gold Coast" yes?

by Anonymousreply 13207/01/2013

Amanda does look like Gaga.

And is it me or does Erica twitch??!!

by Anonymousreply 13307/01/2013

Erica twitches very nicely.

by Anonymousreply 13407/01/2013

It's bizarre to be 30 and still being THAT angry at the girl who took your high school bf to prom ( repeat HIGH SCHOOL BF!). And then to blame her for all of your dysfunctions in life, threaten to punch her in the face, and compare your HS relationship to your parent's marital breakdown. I mean she said she thinks about it "every single day of my life." And she will have to deal with this for the rest of her life. Break out the meds because headband girl is deranged and thus perfect for reality TV.

by Anonymousreply 13507/02/2013

Is Casey even Jewish? She doesn't look like the rest of the tribe... I mean, girls.

by Anonymousreply 13607/02/2013

Casey looks very Jewish to me. All of them do.

by Anonymousreply 13707/02/2013

Casey definitely looks Jewish. She looks like a supermodel compared to Erica but she's still Jewish!

by Anonymousreply 13807/02/2013

There is a statue of a fireman who died on 9/11 at the World Trade Center in a park in Great Neck. The show filmed one of the princesses hugging the statue and blowing in his ear. When his family complained that it was disrespectful, Bravo agreed not to air it. The family was interviewed on PIX-11 News last night.

by Anonymousreply 13907/02/2013

More than that, r139, they poured beer on the statue. That's what the family was angry about.

Sorry, link is to NY Daily News...

by Anonymousreply 14007/03/2013

R140 Yet another reason for people to boycott this show.

by Anonymousreply 14107/03/2013

I want a revival of The Nanny starring Jeff as Fran Fine.

by Anonymousreply 14207/03/2013

I can see it.

by Anonymousreply 14307/04/2013

I want to see Jeff recreate iconic poses. Coppertone Baby logo, Marilyn with the fluttering skirt, Mary Tyler Moore leaping in the air...

by Anonymousreply 14407/04/2013

erica was a bitch in high school to all girls whose boyfriends she messed with for fun. She is now totally fug & alcohol bloated. karma is a bitch

Casey should revel in looking so.much.better.

by Anonymousreply 14507/06/2013

Everyone be sure to tune in to WWHL tonite to see the Princesses in the Clubhouse!

by Anonymousreply 14607/07/2013

Pathetic show and it is to the Jews what Jersey Shore/Real Housewives of New Jersey are to Italians.

by Anonymousreply 14707/07/2013

What a train wreck.

Jeff screaming 'I'm in the closet' was the highlight of tonite's episode.

Interesting to see the really bitchy side of Ashlee. I knew it was there so I'm happy it finally came out.

Amanda is a bit of a dope but I kinda like her. At least she's not big on drama.

The Jewish speed dating was thisclose to a Saturday Night Live parody. Please tell me those guys were actors.

by Anonymousreply 14807/07/2013

They weren't there R146! We got Jeff Lewis instead. I was pissed!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14907/08/2013

Amanda and Jeff are so weird to me. Amanda says that she's more butch than Jeff... And then laughs it off? Jeff jokes that he's in the closet, and then has a long lingering hug with Ilton? Is that whole relationship a farce for the show?

by Anonymousreply 15007/08/2013

yes ashlee's inner bitch came out to Joey - this show is officially my new guilty pleasure.

Chanel throwing down in the middle of the party and Erica getting thrown around was a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 15107/08/2013

Ashlee thinking she is the epitome of class is as hysterical as Erica thinking she is hot.

Do the DL queens want a drink hankie?

by Anonymousreply 15207/08/2013

Yes Jeff, we all know you are in the closet!! That's why he loves Amanda - she looks just like Gaga!

Ashlee is so ugly. She looks like a little troll. And she doesn't even have a good personality. Her parents look like munchkins.

I actually like Chanel. I feel bad for her because her family and friends really have made her believe she "needs" a man to be happy. Poor girl needs to move out of that town pronto.

by Anonymousreply 15307/08/2013

I like Joey the least. She's another Bethenny Frankel-esque cunt.

Casey is annoying as well. She's the bargain basement Judith Light.

I actually like Amanda, don't mind Erica, and like Chanel. I think Jeff wants Rob bad.

by Anonymousreply 15407/08/2013

I find Ashlee to be the most annoying. She looks like a member of the Lollipop Guild but thinks she's beautiful and "classy." Point me toward the yellow brick road, bitch ( falalalalallalala). I didn't understand that fight at all. Channel wasn't exactly running away from the fight and was the one throwing punches.

by Anonymousreply 15507/08/2013

Ashlee the troll needs to crawl back under the bridge she lives under

There should be some sort of Godwin's Rule that anyone or anything refered to as "classy" automatically is ruled not classy. .

by Anonymousreply 15607/08/2013

Is it true that Ashlee's dad still gets residual checks from appearing in the Wizard of Oz?

by Anonymousreply 15707/08/2013

I don't like Casey either. She's cold and boring. But then her entire life was ruined when she was 16 so I understand why it might be hard to crack a smile.

by Anonymousreply 15807/08/2013

that's Klassy with a K!

by Anonymousreply 15907/08/2013

I like Amanda. She's harmless. I don't get the impression she's mean. Self-centered? yes. Blind to the fact that her bf is a tad gay? I don't think she cares. She wants someone to take care of her and shop with her and tell her she's gorgeous whether he's gay or straight.

Ashlee and Erica are doomed and those parents didn't do them any favors by spoiling them.

by Anonymousreply 16007/08/2013

I wonder why this show is doing so poorly while that cruise ship show appears to hold an audience.

by Anonymousreply 16107/11/2013

I didn't know that this show had bad ratings. It's such a train wreck that I'm surprised that it isn't more popular. GG didn't catch on either. By the way, I never quite figured out what a drink hankie is supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 16207/11/2013

In what world are we supposed to believe that Erica and her boyfriend can afford that house?

Are any of these girls' families actually considered well off in LI? The outside of Ashlee's house looked like any generic middle class home.

by Anonymousreply 16307/16/2013

R163 I think we can assume that Erica will not be contributing to the purchase of the home or any of the weekly nut.

Do we know what her bf does for a living? He seems older than Erica so there's a good chance he could afford a house like that.

I feel sorry for Chanel. Honestly, she seems like a decent girl but everyone is going out of their way to shit all over her.

Joey crossed the line with Ashlee and the name calling.

I love Amanda and Babs.

I wonder why the girls were 'uninvited' from WWHL after they were already announced.

SPINOFF FOR BABS, PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 16407/16/2013

Were they really "uninvited" to WWHL? How do you know? Give us the scoop!

by Anonymousreply 16507/16/2013

Please this is a train wreck of a show. No one wants to see cunty yentas act like cunty yentas week after week. Hopefully Shady boots Cohen will can this piece of garbage.Erica has to be one of the biggest drag queens I've ever seen.She looks like she reeks of Absolut Vodka!

by Anonymousreply 16607/17/2013

R167 They were announced for WWHL then replaced by Miss Lewis who now has 3 shows on Bravo. The show isn't bad enough to move to an undesirable timeslot. They'll just finish out the season then disappear (just like Love Broker).

by Anonymousreply 16807/18/2013

How do u know the ratings r bad? Link please.

by Anonymousreply 16907/18/2013

r169, it is on after NJ which is a powerhouse and doesn't even make the top 100 cable rankings on Sunday night. At or lower than a .3 in the demo.

by Anonymousreply 17007/18/2013

Speaking that tranny Jeff Lewis, is there a reason he has three shows? Is he that popular?

by Anonymousreply 17107/18/2013

how does Erica's Man have so much $$? What does he do?

by Anonymousreply 17207/19/2013

Whatever he does, he deserves better than that mannish-looking alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 17307/21/2013

Hilarious thread over at IMDB.

Posters are debating on who Ashlee looks like...

So far we have:

1. Gollum

2. Witchiepoo

3. That creature from Cat's Eye

by Anonymousreply 17407/22/2013

Is there a religious/Jewish thing in regard to plastic surgery? Otherwise, why hasn't Chanel gotten a nose job?

by Anonymousreply 17507/22/2013

Erica looks like Gollum with a wig no less!

by Anonymousreply 17607/22/2013

Erica's boyfriend can't be that desperate, can he?

The show needs more of Jeff and his Fran Fine interpretation. Not that Amanda is remotely pretty, but she must truly love him to be that blind.

by Anonymousreply 17707/22/2013

How old is Jeff? Looks 40s easily.

by Anonymousreply 17807/22/2013

I really don't want this show it end. It is just such fun trash.

Can't wait til the next week when Ashlee calls her mom for help.

by Anonymousreply 17907/24/2013

So many nelly "straight" guys on this show.

by Anonymousreply 18007/24/2013

R178 I think Amanda said Jeff was in his late 30's which I think is reasonable. I'm kind of disappointed he started out featured in the first few episodes then kind of disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 18107/24/2013

r181, don't worry. Miss Cohen is already working on a spinoff for him called "The Manny" in which Jeff plays an incorrigible nanny for a family on the Upper East Side.

by Anonymousreply 18207/24/2013

Who else is excited for tonight's show?

by Anonymousreply 18307/28/2013

Maybe Amanda's mom doesn't want her to marry a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 18407/28/2013

Anyone still watching?

Ashlee is a nutcase. Does she get lost and wind up in a mental hospital next week? The previews sounded like she was in the hospital. I assume it had to be mental. I mean a 30 year old woman crying to her mommy?!!

And all those shots of Amanda/Gaga & Gay Jeff kissing were making me throw up. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 18507/29/2013

Ashlee is pathetic. Actually, she has almost crossed that line that Amanda Bynes has crossed where I feel far too sorry for her to make fun.

I want to say she acts like she is four, but that is an insult to toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 18607/29/2013

I've known several Ashlees over the years - spoiled and mean when they don't get their way. And totally manipulative. God did she corner her friends and her parents just support her and say "they're all jealous of you".

Unbelievable parents - total enablers.

I fucking hate her and can't believe Chanel is backing her up.

Sure Joey's very South Shore, but Ashlee is way worse. Does she even work? My god, their house in Rosyln ain't all THAT.

by Anonymousreply 18707/29/2013

whoa this was fucked up - -ashley is a total wack job - I thought she was quirky but no she is mentally ill.

Chanel should have left her ass wandering.

I LOVE Amanda but she can do SO MUCH BETTER THAN JEFF!

by Anonymousreply 18807/30/2013

None of these girls' families have impressive houses. I cannot imagine that any of them are really that wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 18907/30/2013

Amanda is clearly looking for a father figure who can also double as her gay BFF.

by Anonymousreply 19007/30/2013

" I cannot imagine that any of them are really that wealthy."

you dont know the area. much of the jewish population on the north shore of long island dont flaunt their wealth in obvious ways. but make no mistake - they are LOADED. a friend of mine grew up in a modest ranch in Roslyn Harbor. both of her parents died shortly after college and she inherited everything. when I visited her in Venice, CA where she now lives I was fucking floored: she has a massive house near the beach that is always featured in architectural magazines and photo shoots. she never works. just toils at her "jewelry design business" and drives around in her BMW convertible with her boyfriend of the week. a close mutual friend confided that she has millions upon millions.

Roslyn Harbor is also where the Madoffs are from. their house was nothing special either.

by Anonymousreply 19107/30/2013

Thanks for the clarification, r191. So the midget family could indeed be loaded.

by Anonymousreply 19207/30/2013

Loaded or not, the Midget Family are not doing their daughter Ashlee any favors by babying her the way they do. Ashlee wouldn't last five minutes in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 19307/30/2013

Did she bring her own sheets to the mental hospital?

by Anonymousreply 19407/30/2013

"Only poor people eat mixed cheese".

by Anonymousreply 19507/30/2013

I can't see this show being renewed, but it was sometimes trashy fun. At least we will always remember Erica's extreme hotness.

by Anonymousreply 19607/30/2013

I will always remember Amanda/Gaga, her gay boyfriend Jeff & her drink hankys!!

by Anonymousreply 19707/30/2013

Ashlee is insane. Clearly Joey did not want to talk about the issues and Ashlee kept pushing. Joey tells her "you are nothing to me end of story" and Ashley throws back, "you're a bad person, how dare you make fun of someone's looks, you're disgusting." Okay what 2 year old has not heard the "you're funny, funny looking" joke? Clearly this woman grew up in a bubble. I was really creeped out when her father gave her that ring, it seemed pretty incestuous. I love how she low blows Joey saying her mother was rigt about her (clearly a hot button issue with Joey) and walks away...to call Mommy!! "They were so mean to me, MOMMMY..." And what does mom say to her 30 year old daughter? "They are just jealous.." while Dad is trying to find the nearest Jet home from the winery to fly her home to safety!

The best was when Channel stops the van to say she cannot find Ashley and Amanda goes "Channel she is 30 years old, she is not 3 she cannot be lost, she can take care of herself."

This is the same girl who had to be carried after getting a pedicure becaue she could not be seen without heels on.

by Anonymousreply 19807/30/2013

Her father carried her just like he did the lollipop in the Wizard of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 19907/30/2013

These are the biggest bunch of cunts who ever cunted.

And people say they can smell ME

by Anonymousreply 20007/30/2013

This is indeed my latest guilty pleasure too.

by Anonymousreply 20107/30/2013

I want to punch Ashlee right in the mouth. What a fucking baby!!!

by Anonymousreply 20207/30/2013

Ashlee's request for a jet to take her home says it all. Her parents are trying to help her by asking her to call a car service and that is not good enough. Classic enablers, they are encouraging her atrocious behavior. I am sure as she watches the episodes back, Ashlee is painting herself as the victim in all of this. The comment to Joey about her mother was cruel and pretty much says everything about Ashlee that you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 20307/30/2013

I am pretty sure there are deeper mental issues with Ashlee. She had stated on one episode she calls her mom and dad up to 50 times a day, that is not normal for a 30 year old. There is something wrong in that house.

by Anonymousreply 20407/31/2013

r204, not to worry. I'm sure reality tv cured whatever was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20507/31/2013

hahahahahahaha@204

by Anonymousreply 20607/31/2013

The private jet comment was priceless. This is delusion at its finest.

I'm sure Miss Cohen was expecting this to take off so he could have a younger version of the housewives for various cities.

by Anonymousreply 20707/31/2013

R191 There are a lot of Jews on the Island who do flaunt their wealth so I can't agree with your post. And they still have a shitload of money even with living in Great Neck with a huge fucking house . Ashlee seems like fucking trash though. The house is not all that and her parents' taste is very trashy. In essence she is a cunt. Maybe even a cunt squared!

by Anonymousreply 20808/01/2013

I am in my fifties and grew up on Long Island and believe me, the girls that I went to high school with were exactly like this. There has been no change in forty years!

by Anonymousreply 20908/01/2013

I want to punch Amanda's boyfriend in the throat. His voice irritates me.

by Anonymousreply 21008/04/2013

These girls are so ugly inside and outside. You think they would be some what educated. They make me sick!!! Ashley looks like a freaking witch! And the bugged eye girl who got a promised ring thinks she and her bf is the hottest couple...really??? Omg donate some of your money!!

by Anonymousreply 21108/04/2013

who is that troll who keeps insisting to everyone that she is so hot. Ashlee is a litte freak show. People like this actually exist? Remind me to never visit that part of the country.

by Anonymousreply 21208/04/2013

Did Ashlee actually bring bread from a supermarket to that tossing shit in the river ritual? She couldn't stop at a bakery?

Unacceptable!

by Anonymousreply 21308/05/2013

She had a stroke! That explains a little about the behavior.

Jeff is an entertaining queen. They should really ditch this show and do one about Amanda's family and Jeff. Babs for the win!

by Anonymousreply 21408/05/2013

This show is so boring..... the girls are SO unattractive and annoying with those HORRIBLE accents..... not to mention just plain stupid.... btw, the one girl with the boyfriend Jeff, he's so obviously GAY... are we seriously suppose to believe this is a real relationship....... I wish these networks would get off the Jersey shore BS and find a show in the south... where the girls are beautiful and sassy......

by Anonymousreply 21508/05/2013

One episode the little weird short one went on about how young she looks... What!!! My human and I thought she was like 45..... she's horrible looking, acting and so ugly inside and out....I pity the man who ever marries her..... poor man.....even though I doubt she will ever attract anything....hideous beast...

by Anonymousreply 21608/05/2013

Will this show get a second season?

by Anonymousreply 21708/06/2013

Probably not it has been strangely abscent from Mr. Cohen's show - no guest have been from P-LI have been on WWHL. Hell they had soeone from that art girls show on WWHL. The night of the Ashlee meltdown was classic but he did not even bring it up.

by Anonymousreply 21808/06/2013

[quote]Chanel is making me feel anti-Semitic.

Shop Tiffany for your Star of David.

by Anonymousreply 21908/06/2013

He does mention Jeff a lot.

by Anonymousreply 22008/06/2013

My breasteses are the besteses! Don't be haters - I'm the most genuine gnome you'll ever meet!

by Anonymousreply 22108/06/2013

Give Babs her own show!!!

by Anonymousreply 22208/06/2013

Sad to see this end.

by Anonymousreply 22308/11/2013

Hope it comes back - trashtastic-ly entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 22408/11/2013

Ashlee suffered another stroke.

Does this mean there definitely will not be a season 2?

by Anonymousreply 22509/07/2013

i think that is disgusting, only poor people have strokes.

by Anonymousreply 22609/10/2013

Can eating cubed cheese bring on a stroke?

by Anonymousreply 22709/13/2013

It is pretty clear there will be no season two. Below Deck got a reunion and its second season has been announced. The silence on Princesses indicates it is over. Plus, hard to root against a villainess who keeps having strokes.

by Anonymousreply 22809/13/2013

Andy Cohen recently said he loves the princesses and there might be a season 2

by Anonymousreply 22909/13/2013

Just give Jeff is own spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 23009/13/2013

Did she really have another stroke?

by Anonymousreply 23109/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.