Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

**OFFICIAL THREAD** AMC series THE KILLING returns tonight! 2 hour season premiere at 8 est; 7 cst 6/2/13

New murders!

New case!

No cliff hangers at season's finale!

Joel Kinneman!!

And to think that last year, AMC planned to cancel the series. Maybe AMC would like to pick up SMASH?? ;)

by Anonymousreply 12409/11/2013

UGH I want to watch but my SO is out of town & I promised I would wait for him.

Looking forward to some Linden & Holder. Is it a continuation of where we left off or are we pretending to be past all that? (Wondering if Billy Campbell is in it again...)

by Anonymousreply 106/02/2013

So excited. Who else is hot for Joel Kinnaman?

by Anonymousreply 206/02/2013

I still haven't watched season 2. It's so boring.

by Anonymousreply 306/02/2013

It doesn't compare to the original series so why bother? They've just fucked around with a great drama and turned it into a mediocre police procedural. It didn't need remaking.

by Anonymousreply 406/02/2013

It took two seasons but we finally got a smile out of Mireille Enos character.

by Anonymousreply 506/02/2013

R2 MEEE! Love blonds. I'm glad it's back.

Is this supposed to be spoiler free? I need to confess something embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 606/02/2013

I watched as the teenager was found beheaded,

I stayed as the prest got his head ashes against the bars,

I quit when she went back to shot the dying cow.

by Anonymousreply 706/03/2013

..."priest got his head bashed"

by Anonymousreply 806/03/2013

The Elias Koteas troll should be happy

by Anonymousreply 906/03/2013

Seemed like a whole lot going on, was a little confusing but I still will watch even if only for Linden and Holder.

by Anonymousreply 1006/03/2013

Seeing Linden as a happy person at the beginning was so strange, almost like an entirely different person. I loved when Holder was teasing her about how she met her boyfriend. I also loved when he set that little butch girl straight. I switched over to Game of Thrones at 9 so I still have another hour to go but I'm happy so far.

by Anonymousreply 1106/03/2013

Nothing like shoving a kid against a wall.

by Anonymousreply 1206/03/2013

Peter Sarsgaard was a good choice for the psycho prisoner. He makes my skin crawl. I have to watch the last hour, too.

by Anonymousreply 1306/03/2013

Too damned much advertising. Way too much. Even more than Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 1406/03/2013

Linden's carefree attitude didn't last long. How the heck would she have found those trees, I would think that would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

by Anonymousreply 1506/03/2013

Not really R15. The killer was very familiar with the area, and the missing people were from the area. That limits the search. Plus she runs, and knows the area.

Also, they had to do a lot of wilderness searching, and evidence gathering with the Rosie Larsen case, so as cops they know the places for body dumps.

Sometimes a cop will have a subconscious GPS internally, and go back to something he never realized he'd even seen before.

by Anonymousreply 1606/03/2013

R13 His smile was sort of hot.

I might have teared up at the cows. Why do animals make us so soft?

by Anonymousreply 1706/03/2013

To be fair, the cow was suffering badly, and she was being humane when she shot it and put it out of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 1806/03/2013

A couple of things: More ceaseless rain which at this point is an ongoing joke. The actors playing the teens were awful especially the butch gal and their slang seemed from another decade. Holder using the slang is now embarrassing coming from an adult but maybe that's intended. He is much cuter now that he's clean. Everyone on this show is so unbelievably depressing. Did you know that Linden played Honey in the Kathleen Turner version of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? The plot DID keep me watching though.

by Anonymousreply 1906/03/2013

[quote]Did you know that Linden played Honey in the Kathleen Turner version of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Yes, and she was marvelous. However when Turner and Bill Irwin took the production to London and for a 6 city US tour, Enos had departed. I think she was probably tied up filming BIG LOVE at the time.

by Anonymousreply 2006/03/2013

One good thing about this show is that reading spoilers isn't really spoiling anything. I say that because I generally see the episodes well after they debut. Normally I'd have to avoid the chatter about them (actually this is the only site I go to that features discussion about TV shows, so it's not too hard for me to avoid), but The Killing is all about misdirection of the audience and having them spend several episodes pursuing wrong leads or innocent suspects. So I'm not worried.

That's how they turned a 26-day investigation (I just rewatched the finale and was reminded how only less than a month had passed) of Rosie Larsen's murder into the first 2 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 2106/03/2013

What I enjoyed most about The Killing was that we got to see the details that most crime shows either ignore or don't have time to bother with. I didn't feel "misdirected" at all, because what I watched was a police investigation that explored many different and interesting angles.

The political campaign and corruption that caused Rosie's murder would have been covered far more superficially in a different kind of show.

Rosie's family would have been ignored, not given a back story, and we wouldn't have watched them deteriorating episode by episode.

We wouldn't have watched Linden's mess with her kid trying to force her to leave her career, nor would we have seen the slow and precarious buildup of Linden and Holder's partnership.

I've watched The Killing from beginning to end three times now on Netflix, and I've gotten more out of it with every watching. It's definitely not for those who like the quick and easy L&O wrapups.

by Anonymousreply 2206/03/2013

I agree R22. I feel a little confused after last night's episode. Peter Sarsgaard's character is on death row for murdering his wife.He left his kid there with her corpse for days before she was found, throat slit, no rings, broken finger. Linden and her former partner arrested and investigated the case and caught him. Fine. His little kid keeps drawing this picture Linden's obsessed with.

Linden tracks that picture and finds all those dead decomposing bodies.

Meanwhile: Holder's investigating these young runaways who turn tricks and right now he has one missing and another one dead. The dead girl has no ring and her fingers busted. Slit throat, too.

But what confuses me is that Death Row Guy is definitely a psycho. He bashed that priest's head in, he's violent, cunning and unpredictable. Almost like a Hannibal Lecter without the cannibalism.

I understand there are similarities with the dead girl and his wife, but isn't it possible he might have passed on his "legacy" to some other psycho while in prison, who is copycatting him?

I can't see how the guy on death row is innocent of anything. He's guilty. He's nuts. So my theory is someone else is copying him. Maybe he pre-arranged it to see if he could use that as a basis to get out. Maybe he's got a fan out there just like him. Yet he seems to not want to avoid his death sentence.

That's theory #1. Theory #2 is that Linden's former partner, the big shot who's wife told Linden to stay away, maybe that big shot cop is a serial killer. He's in charge of "Special Investigations." What better cover.

by Anonymousreply 2306/03/2013

R3, Season 2 stumbles around for the first couple of episodes, but it gets better and better and the final episodes are excellent.

by Anonymousreply 2406/03/2013

The premiere is damn good. So glad this show is back!!

by Anonymousreply 2506/04/2013

Fantastic premiere. Just thrilled this show is back.

Agree with r22. The "slow burn" approach was so much richer and more satisfying than any of that L&O / CSI crap. I loved both seasons, and this one is shaping up to be similarly thrilling.

It's my favorite AMC show, and I am a big fan of all the biggies: BB; TWD; and MM. But The Killing is the best.

by Anonymousreply 2606/04/2013

Please tell me, has Elias Koteas been in it yet? (It is not yet available where I live). Who does he play in the show? Does he exhibit a very virile bulge in his pants?

by Anonymousreply 2706/06/2013

bump for rugged virility!

by Anonymousreply 2806/08/2013

Why were all the cows dead?

by Anonymousreply 2906/08/2013

beacause someone seemingly abandoned the farm and left them all to starve & die.

I thought it was good but Holders new woman is a snooze.

by Anonymousreply 3006/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 3106/08/2013

Holder will drop his girlfriend just like Linden dropped her man. They aren't built for that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 3206/08/2013

R27, yes, he's in it from the first episode. It's not 100% clear (yet) who his character is, but we gather hr's a former prosecutor in a case she worked and that they had an affair.

by Anonymousreply 3306/08/2013

[quote]How the heck would she have found those trees, I would think that would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

She realized where the place was because the boy's more recent picture added the buildings or the bridge or whatever it was in the background.

by Anonymousreply 3406/08/2013

who is Elias Koteas? Yes he was in the show but didn't seem like someone to be excited about...

by Anonymousreply 3506/08/2013

[quote]who is Elias Koteas? Yes he was in the show but didn't seem like someone to be excited about...

Elias Koteas is someone to get very excited about indeed. You sound like you know very little about life, beauty or aesthetics.

by Anonymousreply 3706/08/2013

is there a connection between cows and dead bodies in pond?

cows were spaced out not clumped bodies were too..

by Anonymousreply 3806/11/2013

Glad Game of Thrones is over, because The Killing is getting really good. In the most recent episode, the coroner told Linden/us that the red or orange bags were biohazard bags.

Though the bodies themselves were too decomposed to yield a lot regarding timelines, the bags contained soil and other materials that gave them information.

No idea about whether the cows are connected to the corpses, but I am remembering how Linden had to go out and shoot that cow. She said it was starving to death. Don't know if that applies to all the cows.

by Anonymousreply 3906/11/2013

I kind of wish Linden would just wander off and do her own thing in her own world and let Holder become the focus of the show. Her austistic adult routine can become as oppressive as the rain. The latest ep was one of the best in awhile though.

by Anonymousreply 4006/11/2013

I love Linden and her odd persona, she's not like anyone else on TV and Holder is very sexy and funny.

by Anonymousreply 4106/11/2013

I agree R41. What was that description of Holder this week-- 'Eminem-looking dude with a molester stache'? So funny!

by Anonymousreply 4206/13/2013

[quote]The guy who plays the sicko murderer on death row is seriously creepy.

That's Peter Sarsgaard, an excellent actor (and husband of DL fave Maggie Gyllenhaal) who always seems to play creeps because of his voice. He got quite fit for this role.

I was R33 above and was wrong about Elias Koteas's character. Not a prosecutor but a cop, Linden's former partner.

by Anonymousreply 4306/13/2013

I hope there is a scene in The Killing where Peter Sarsgaard gets down on his knees before Elias Koteas, slowly unzips his fly with his teeth, and gently takes his rugged, virile Canadian fuckstick into his hungry slutmouth.

by Anonymousreply 4406/14/2013

I think this season is the strongest of the three, by far. The case is very creepy and I'm enjoying seeing Linden and Holder work their way back together.

by Anonymousreply 4506/17/2013

Orphan black, anyone seen this and the Killing?

Which is better?

by Anonymousreply 4606/17/2013

Bullett is annoying, I don't want her always hanging around Holder and Linden. She tries to play tough and streetwise but it doesn't come off - she's trying too hard and it's laughable.

by Anonymousreply 4706/24/2013

I respectfully disagree, R47. I like Bullet and think the actress does a good job portraying a scared kid with false bravado. I enjoy her interactions with Holder. Speaking of him, how about that scene at his apartment? That was so uncomfortable and Linden's body language was spot on.

by Anonymousreply 4806/25/2013

"Linden...Mrs. Linden" The moments of humor really lighten up the dark subject matter. What is with Ray's father? Could he have killed Ray's wife?

by Anonymousreply 4907/01/2013

Ok Bullet is becoming less annoying. I just hate the false bravado, tough butch girl schtick. Her scenes with the mother of Callie were good.

by Anonymousreply 5007/01/2013

Linden gets Kally's mother in an interrogation room, where she admits that she knows Mills and he has her daughter's phone --- and Linden doesn't ask anything about their relationship? How long have you been seeing him? How did you meet him? What do you know about him? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 5107/02/2013

Not digging it this season...

by Anonymousreply 5207/02/2013

R51, yes, that did seem ridiculous. I think Linden let her disgust cloud her judgement as an investigator.

by Anonymousreply 5307/02/2013

Thoughts on Pastor Mike? Isn't it too early in the season to know who done it? Or do they want to change tact and show us the chase?

by Anonymousreply 5407/08/2013

I was thinking it was too soon for them to figure it out but they got stung by how much criticism the Rosie Larsen case got, so they are changing directions and speeding things up. But they still could throw in a twist later.

I'm not buying Linden's relationship with her boss. They don't click and something is off about that match.

My favorite scene was when Linden told off her ex in the most sinister way possible. It was brutal, she is something else - a totally unique TV character.

by Anonymousreply 5507/08/2013

I agree about Linden, R55. I like that the main character is rather unlikable...but I still like her. Has Holder slept at all this season? I feel like he is going to crash and go back to his bad habits.

by Anonymousreply 5607/09/2013

Ben Cotton, who plays Pastor Mike, reminds me of a younger version of William Fichtner.

by Anonymousreply 5707/09/2013

Salon on Bullet:

[quote](Taylor-Klaus does not have quite the same panache with slang as Kinnaman does. Sometimes her dialogue can sound more writerly than realistic).

That's what bugged me about Bullet, she's grown on me, but she's not as convincing as Holder when doing that street/slang thing that he does.

by Anonymousreply 5807/09/2013

I wanted to watch this but missed the first couple of episodes. So I went to my cable's "On Demand," but they only had the three most recent eps. Then I checked Hulu Plus, Amazon, and Netflix. NO ONE has the first two episodes (for free, anyway.) So I guess AMC doesn't really want me to watch the rest of the series.

by Anonymousreply 5907/09/2013

Yeah, AMC is pretty strict about their shows.

by Anonymousreply 6007/09/2013

R59, I'm watching off Torrents. I wish they'd just put the series on Netflix, or something.I love this show. The storyline has completely grown on me as well, wasn't sure about Bullet at first.

by Anonymousreply 6107/10/2013

Joel Kinnamon is dating Olivia Munn. Never saw that coming. I guess he's already gone Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 6207/10/2013

They make something of an odd couple. What's she been in?

by Anonymousreply 6307/11/2013

The only thing I know her from is HBO's The Newsroom - she's very good in her role.

by Anonymousreply 6407/12/2013

I am assuming the guard at the prison is the killer

by Anonymousreply 6507/12/2013

I love the show. Just wish it was on HBO or Showtime, too many fucking commercials on AMC.

by Anonymousreply 6607/12/2013

It does look like it's the prison guard. What was his connection to Ray's brother?

by Anonymousreply 6707/15/2013

The prison guard's wife creeps me out with her stories about how evil he is. I guess it's him but how come when Bullet was being watched by the killer outside the diner, the guard was shown with Saarsgaard? Maybe they're trying to fool the audience again like they did with the priest or whatever he was. I'd like to be really surprised.

by Anonymousreply 6807/19/2013

Maybe the person watching Bullet is nobody and they are trying to make us think it's the killer?

by Anonymousreply 6907/19/2013

R69 if only you were right. This week's episode was a shocker.

by Anonymousreply 7007/21/2013

Great ep tonight R70. I was really shocked by the car trunk scene.

by Anonymousreply 7107/21/2013

I wasn't expecting that.

by Anonymousreply 7207/21/2013

I want to know more about the prison guard's son. Did he think the mom's boyfriend was an intruder and that's why he shot him? That and Bullet's death were fucked up. Glad Linden and Holder didn't kiss.

by Anonymousreply 7307/22/2013

Wow. Last night's episode was INTENSE. Peter S. deserves an Emmy for this.

by Anonymousreply 7407/29/2013

That bad cop looked like he wanted to say something to Seward before they hung him. Like a confession. There's something up with that cop.

by Anonymousreply 7507/29/2013

Is Elias Koteas the killer?

by Anonymousreply 7607/30/2013

Anyone think that Riddick, Holder's obnoxious parter at the beginning of the season, might be the killer?. He was the cop who found the box with the rings from the victims. Maybe he planted it.

by Anonymousreply 7707/30/2013

Yes, I think Riddick could be the killer OR that bald prison guard.

by Anonymousreply 7807/30/2013

I thought maybe Elias Koteas because he is a bigger name and his part has been pretty small.

by Anonymousreply 7908/02/2013

This show is the mother of all red herrings, and last year they successfully made the murderer out to be one of the *least* likely suspects, which I didn't see coming AT ALL.

The previews strongly hint that the killer is a fellow Seattle cop. Obviously, Elias Koteas and Holder's ex-partner top the list. Certainly it would be no surprise if one of the two main prison guards did it. It could still be the priest; we know he's a rapist at the very least. Hell, it could even be the girl who's still missing (Hallie?).

Btw am I the only only bothered by the fact that the current season was clearly filmed mostly in late spring, when Vancouver invariably has nice weather? Most of the rain scenes have been faked. I assume the hiatus was partially due to Mireille Enos's filming obligations for "World War Z."

by Anonymousreply 8008/02/2013

I had to look up Elias Koteas to see which character he was. Wow, I never even considered him as a possible suspect, but that's how these things usually work.

by Anonymousreply 8108/02/2013

[quote]I thought maybe Elias Koteas because he is a bigger name and his part has been pretty small.

Believe me, no part of Elias Koteas is small.

by Anonymousreply 8208/02/2013

I think the murderer is Henderson, the quiet prison guard.

by Anonymousreply 8308/02/2013

Interesting R83....

by Anonymousreply 8408/02/2013

Whoever it is, their guilt would come out of thin air. Last time they gradually built up the background so that when the killer was revealed, it all fit together. The only actual suspects have been cleared.

by Anonymousreply 8508/02/2013

Is this the last hurrah? AMC has a good amount of new series coming. The Killing was not cancelled (again) yet, right?

by Anonymousreply 8608/02/2013

I haven't heard how Season 3 is doing in the ratings yet.

by Anonymousreply 8708/02/2013

I just watched the entire season in the last two days. Wow, I think this season is so much better than the first two. Great acting but devastatingly dark.

I agree that something is up with the prison guard but Holder's partner being the killer would certainly make more sense and explain how the rings showed up in the BF's storage unit.

by Anonymousreply 8808/04/2013

Did no one watch the finale? I'm not sure how I feel about who the killer was but the last scene was great.

by Anonymousreply 8908/04/2013

Did the person revealed as the killer also kill Peter Sarsgard's wife ?

Or were those 2 different people ?

by Anonymousreply 9008/04/2013

Yes, he went to the Seward residence to kill Adrian but killed the wife instead because...I guess he couldn't find Adrian, who liked to sleep in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 9108/04/2013

I was right

by Anonymousreply 9208/05/2013

Was Callie's disappearance resolved, I'm a little confused, I didn't hear a direct answer.

by Anonymousreply 9308/05/2013

Nevermind, it was.

by Anonymousreply 9408/05/2013

The ending was intense. What's going to happen to Linden now? She will end up going to prison if the truth comes out. I wonder if the producers will just end it this way or will bring it back for a final season. Maybe Holder will cover up what really happened. This season was the best for me.

Such great acting. I really hope the cast gets acknowledged come awards season.

by Anonymousreply 9508/05/2013

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the ratings are on par w/ season 2.

by Anonymousreply 9608/05/2013

I haven't been able to watch the final 15 minutes of the second to last episode. I'm too involved. The scenes between Linden and Seward are intense and brilliant. Never seen anything like it. So much with just their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9708/05/2013

And did I miss the part where they explain why the killer broke the victims' ring finger? I don't recall.

by Anonymousreply 9808/05/2013

He wanted trophies

by Anonymousreply 9908/05/2013

The killer was unbelievably twisted. The look on Linden's face when she finally saw the clue that gave him away said it all.

by Anonymousreply 10008/05/2013

Is Linden the worst detective ever or what? She hooks up with the married cop who just happens to be one of the most prolific serial killers in recent history? And never gets an inkling that it could be him, but lets another man die because of her incompetence? Then she takes justice into her own hands and blows the guy away...imagine if he turned out to be just another red herring!

Holder's too damn good for her.

by Anonymousreply 10108/05/2013

Because this show hasn't gotten much attention at DL, I looked at the boards on TWOP--something I don't usually do. Is it me or are those people hypercritical. The picked at the ending alone for about 5 pages so far.

by Anonymousreply 10208/05/2013

A beautifully acted mess of a terribly written show. To restrict the entirety of the killer's backstory and the evidence leading to it makes it seem like it was cobbled together by writers locked in isolated rooms. An awful piece of junk, replete with the killer who just talks and talks and talks and talks, since no one had the imagination necessary to show it in a different way.

by Anonymousreply 10308/05/2013

I was also right. It came out of nowhere. Other than the implication that the killer was a cop (planted evidence), was there any indication that the Lt. was the killer? ANYTHING to tie him to these crimes? He was married with a kid and a top detective as a partner who was investigating one of his murders while he killed 30, 40, more? girls. No one noticed?

by Anonymousreply 10408/05/2013

He's a cop, he knows how to commit a crime in a way that it can't be figured out I guess. Linden just happened to see the ring by chance, she had no idea. Isn't the killer supposed to be someone you wouldn't expect? Some here expected it, but I never even considered he'd be the one.

by Anonymousreply 10508/05/2013

Why on earth didn't Skinner put Kallie's ring in the cigar box with all the rest of his "trophies" (other than to make us sucker viewers think she could possibly still be alive)? All Linden had to do was look at it, then at Skinner, and suddenly he's all, "You got me, yep, it was me and I killed all those girls and then some!"

You expect that kind of craptacular writing on those CSI shows, but the people that invest an entire season following one case deserve not to have their intelligence insulted. Guess I should have learned after the Rosie Larsen mess, of course.

by Anonymousreply 10608/05/2013

The Rosie Larsen solve was great.

by Anonymousreply 10708/05/2013

I still hope it comes back next season. I didn't have a problem with the show, including the Larsen case.

by Anonymousreply 10808/05/2013

I didn't like this season at all. hope the next one will be better. I hope they don't make the 2 main characters kiss again, that was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 10908/05/2013

Linden and Holder shouldn't kiss or get involved, it's wrong. It seemed wrong to me that they had love interests to begin with, they seem too damaged to ever have a relationship. I don't get why Holder has a girlfriend, there's nothing about it that makes sense or feels realistic. I think everyone has a problem with people being alone and without relationships and they can't develop characters like that, but it's more interesting in a way.

by Anonymousreply 11008/05/2013

If there is another season, I think it will be about Holder and Reddick trying to help Linden who will be charged with murder.

by Anonymousreply 11108/05/2013

Had we seen Holder's gf before?

by Anonymousreply 11208/05/2013

She's been on a couple of times R112.

by Anonymousreply 11308/05/2013

Next season, i want to see Holder's naked butt or chest or something! he's wearing too many clothes! His acting isn't all that. Linden outshines him acting-wise

by Anonymousreply 11408/06/2013

Holder should get together with Kallie's. They have more in common and I like their chemistry. Plus she's way better looking than that plain Jane lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 11508/06/2013

I'm with R115. Initially the mom wasn't very sympathetic or even very concerned about her own kid but she gradually started to change and it was clear that she did love her kid nut made a lot of bad life choices. Holder seems to have a stronger moral streak than Linden.

by Anonymousreply 11608/06/2013

Sorry, my first sentence should have been:

"Holder should get together with Kallie's mom."

by Anonymousreply 11708/07/2013

[quote]Holder seems to have a stronger moral streak than Linden.

Or he's at least less self-pitying. He has moments, yes, but doesn't spend most of his time moping around about things he can't control, and letting his crazy obsessions drag his ass through the mud. She's really a mess.

by Anonymousreply 11808/07/2013

Any reports yet on a 4th season? I could watch Linden and Holder (and now Reddick) forever.

by Anonymousreply 11908/07/2013

I love Linden. There aren't any other female characters like her on television.

by Anonymousreply 12008/07/2013

I love them both. They are both unique characters, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 12108/08/2013

Holder took a long time to grow on me, at first his street hood schtick bugged. But now I really like him and hope he doesn't lose his career over Linden.

by Anonymousreply 12208/09/2013

If there is another season, it will be interesting to see if Holder will lie for Linden.

by Anonymousreply 12308/09/2013

Here we go again...

The Killing is cancelled again!

At least it looks like AMC is finished with the show for good. But because of their deal for the recent season with Netflix, I wonder if they might consider producing further seasons for their subscribers without AMC.

That model has been successful now for a handful of shows over the past year.

by Anonymousreply 12409/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!