Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

only six more months and the Christmas season will be in full swing. I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 4209/30/2013

I love Christmas too! And I love winter, because my asshole neighbors won't be playing bouncy ball next to my window all day.

Also, is it just me, or do years fly by once you turn 40? It feels like Christmas was just 2 or 3 months ago.

by Anonymousreply 106/01/2013

December is The Least Wonderful Time of the Year. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 206/01/2013

I just hate Christmas. Hate it with a passion. In my perfect world, we would only celebrate Christmas about once a decade -- and even then it would be too much. Too much 'family time,' too much pressure to find the right gifts, too much fatty food, and everybody hates you when you point out all the waste, greed and excuses to do nothing for 10 days (Dec 23 - Jan 2). It isn't even about Christ any more, just gifts, alcohol and having to be in a good mood, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 306/01/2013

OP = Liberace.

by Anonymousreply 406/01/2013

I love you, R3.

by Anonymousreply 506/01/2013

I love Christmas time!!!

BUT lets all enjoy the summer!

by Anonymousreply 606/01/2013

In July, department stores in London open their Christmas shops. In August, in the U.S., Walmart starts putting out their Christmas stuff. I HATE it!!!!

I love to celebrate Chrismtas during the Christmas season. My lights go for the first time on Christmas Eve and I celebrate through January 8th. The rest of the U.S. is over Christmas by December 26th.

I spent a few Christmas seasons overseas. It was great!

by Anonymousreply 706/01/2013

Newsflash, R7: London is overseas.

by Anonymousreply 806/02/2013

Christmas in july at qvc is only a month away!

by Anonymousreply 906/02/2013

I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 1006/02/2013

OP, I'll refrain from shooting you if you'll refrain from singing crappy Xmas music at me.

by Anonymousreply 1106/02/2013

For me, it's the most wonderful time of the year because the military guys are finally jogging with their shirts off.

That may be the one thing about living here that I'm going to miss.

by Anonymousreply 1206/02/2013

[quote]London is overseas.

Breaking news, R8: London isn't the only city that's overseas.

by Anonymousreply 1306/02/2013

IS it time to gear up for the Holidays?

October is THIS WEEK!!!

It's time to watch "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2013

Is overseas a country?

by Anonymousreply 1509/29/2013

And in other news: London now confirmed as not overseas

by Anonymousreply 1609/29/2013

Cradle those mugs! The holidays are near!

by Anonymousreply 1709/29/2013

Valentine's Day displays going up SOON!

by Anonymousreply 1809/29/2013

I made Pumpkin bread today!

by Anonymousreply 1909/29/2013

Get your pumpkin spice coffee to go with your pumpkin spice muffins, pumpkin spice candles, pumpkin spice breath mints...

What is it with the pumpkin craze? I like pumpkin pie all right, but it's not that amazing a flavor.

by Anonymousreply 2009/29/2013

Yuck, autumn is a death rattle....the dead leaves, the yellowing of the once lush green foliage...

by Anonymousreply 2109/29/2013

Yes, R17. The pumpkin season is when you pull on your sleeves as the weather turns colder. When the yuletide arrives they'll be perfect for a contemplative moment around the tree with your mug.

by Anonymousreply 2209/29/2013

Yes, the holiday season is lovely but i feel like such a failure because I didn't do much this year.

by Anonymousreply 2309/29/2013

They've already started with the holiday commercials. Saw one for layaways and some on the Hallmark channel as I scanned through it today. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 2409/29/2013

I'm fucking dreading the holidays with a passion.

I lost both my parents this year to cancer and lost any sense of family in the fallout over their estate. The thought of having to spend even a second with any of my money grubbing siblings and their two-faced spouses sickens me.

On top of it I'm out of a job, recently broke up with my boyfriend, and have virtually no single friends to speak of.

My big holiday decision is whether to stay in and drink or travel cheaply to do so elsewhere. Merry Fucking Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 2509/29/2013

Costco is full of Yuletide crap. Barf.

by Anonymousreply 2609/29/2013

I'm so sorry to hear that R25, however, i went thru the same thing myself with the death of my father 5yrs ago, the family spit up over $$ and now they are not in my life, too toxic for me.

you're better off without them. Hang in there and take care of your health.

by Anonymousreply 2709/29/2013

To [R25]

Fuck 'em. Go somewhere else fun and cheap for the holidays like Mexico. Relax, sip a cocktail,sample the local hotties and plan your comeback!

by Anonymousreply 2809/29/2013

I agree with R3 and R25.

Hate the whole Christmas and holiday season with a passion.

The damn holiday season is do terribly LONG.

It starts the day after Thanksgiving and goes for six very long unendurable weeks and does not end until January 2.

Actually it really starts way before Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 2909/29/2013

This is the time of year that I do all my shopping for the next two months so I can stay the hell out of all retail establishments until January.

by Anonymousreply 3009/30/2013

For Christmas this year, why not give the gift of arm warmers? Like the leg warmers of yesteryear but worn around the wrists to extend the sleeves of all your loved ones favourite jumpers. Perfect for festive mug-cradling.

by Anonymousreply 3109/30/2013

I love the Christmas season, too bad it only comes once a year.

by Anonymousreply 3209/30/2013

R25 and R27, I'm also without parents and my one toxic sibling. No Christmas for me: I'm planning a road trip to check out possible retirement areas. I like the idea of starting over, without all the baggage.

by Anonymousreply 3309/30/2013

I prefer Chanukah. It only lasts eight days.

by Anonymousreply 3409/30/2013

Are there mug cradlers on this thread? Make yourselves known.

by Anonymousreply 3509/30/2013

A mug cradler's wet dream.

by Anonymousreply 3609/30/2013

My parents are still alive, but after they go it'll be an orphan experience as my brother a I are essentially strangers; we run out of conversation after a few minutes, and that's related to our few relatives. Luckily, he's not the haggling type over an estate, but rather hates anything to do with paperwork so I'd have to be the one to deal with the executors (their bank).

by Anonymousreply 3709/30/2013

I'm alone too, R37.

I often just ignore Christmas and the holiday season.

I'm really not interested in it at all except for sending out some holiday cards in the mail.

by Anonymousreply 3809/30/2013

Love Thanksgiving - detest Christmas. I do my best each year to travel internationally to countries that don't make a fuss about Xmas. Works for me.

by Anonymousreply 3909/30/2013

Hugs to R25 and those who will be without family over the holiday (and are unhappy about it). I've always envied people who flew to warmer locales for the holidays.

Like R29, I LOVE Thanksgiving. Christmas is OK and New Year's is getting more depressing as I get older.

Thanks for the reminder, OP. Time to start losing the 30+ lbs I've been saying I was going to lose back on Jan 1, 2013!

by Anonymousreply 4009/30/2013

I've never been interested in Christmas as an adult.

I was not interested in Christmas when I was in two long-term relationships and when my parents were alive.

by Anonymousreply 4109/30/2013

I hate it.

Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 4209/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!