Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joe Bastianich from Masterchef ?

Is there a more antisocial and loathsome judge on TV ? He makes Gordan Ramsay look like a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 8605/23/2015

All those douchebags on "Chopped." Everybody on Food Network, for that matter.

Why would any self-respecting cook style his face the way he does? He looks like the wino eating out of the garbage cans behind Babbo.

by Anonymousreply 105/30/2013

I don't know why he shows up for Masterchef. Obviously he has lots of contempt for most of the homecooks. Is it to establish himself as a celebrity chef ? I would never patronize his restaurant. He's such a prick

by Anonymousreply 205/30/2013

He was so annoying questioning the other chefs' dedication at one point, meanwhile I'm wondering if his mom wasn't famous, would he even be sitting there? I just hope he's pulling the asshole judge "character," it makes it easier to take when watching it.

by Anonymousreply 405/30/2013

The #1 douchebag on the list IS:

BOBBY FLAY.

"Iron Chef" was kind of a fun show until he decided he wanted to be on every single solitary episode.

Let me know when they skewer him and roast him over an open flame with gallons of butter squeezed fresh from Paula Deen's arteries.

by Anonymousreply 505/30/2013

It's old news for many of us, but don't forget that Little Joe the Smug Asshoe has a bit of Samy and Amy up his withered ass.

by Anonymousreply 605/30/2013

[quote]He's an absolutely insufferable creep. Lidia the Snake must be so proud.

He's just as nasty and insufferable when he deigns to appear on one of his mother's cooking shows. Oddly, Lidia's daughter and the grandchildren seem quite personable.

by Anonymousreply 805/30/2013

I can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 905/30/2013

I went to college with this douche. Insufferable then although not to the huge extent that he is now that he's famous. Built his entire career on his mommy's talents.

by Anonymousreply 1005/30/2013

Wasn't there some story about his mother and him holding some poor old woman hostage in Lidia's home for years or something to that effect?

Or am I making stuff up in my head?

by Anonymousreply 1105/30/2013

Lidia's daughter seems like a cunt too. Fat bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1205/30/2013

Daughter got a Ph.D. in art history or cultural studies to cover the fact that Mama lugs her around on the travels as a "consultant." She can't cook, Lidia treats her like shit, and she klutzes her way through the "This is an old villa" crap while Mama is swilling in the vineyards - that she's a part owner of.

Disgusting bunch.

But Joe, as the apple of Lidia's eye, is the worst. Fat or skinny, he's horrible.

by Anonymousreply 1305/30/2013

[quote]Oddly, Lidia's daughter and the grandchildren seem quite personable.

Her grandson is either a great actor or a really sweet kid judging by his appearances on her show.

by Anonymousreply 1405/30/2013

Joe Bastianich has become a bit of a cult figure in Italy thanks to his (unintentionally) comical, mangled Italian. The catch-phrase that's made him a laughing stock is "Vuoi che muoro?" (roughly equivalent to "You want that I to die?"), which he haughtily used on some poor contestant before throwing their food in the trash. He is the epitome of vile.

by Anonymousreply 1605/30/2013

I was almost certain that after last season the producers would fins a new judge, maybe a woman, to replace this douchebag. Gordon Ramsay has his asshole moments but he can also show that he cares about people and have some fun. Could you imagine Joe as a friend ?

by Anonymousreply 1705/30/2013

You know, I am Italian from the US and I cannot stand his mothers show either. Lidia's Italy.

For the longest reason I could not figure out why then I just realized it was her. Apple dose not fall far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 1805/30/2013

Keep in mind this is TV. Douchebagism is ratings gold.

He probably dose not realize they are using him that way. Although some day he will, call backs will dwindle and he will become a parity of himself.

by Anonymousreply 1905/30/2013

R18, she rarely cooks anything I would like, even though I love Italian food.

She should never bother with desserts. Her desserts are the Italian version of Sandra Lee because she starts with pre-prepared ingredients (bakery panettone sliced and covered with creme anglaise, or coffee ice cream in a graham cracker crust topped with whipped cream).

by Anonymousreply 2005/30/2013

R20, so she is really Lidia Lee. That makes it all clear now. Thanks for that.

I could never get into her recipes either, nothing looked like something I would want to eat.

by Anonymousreply 2105/30/2013

I have some sympathy for the owners' skimming 5% of wine sales from the tip pool in restaurants where wines can costs hundreds of dollars, and giving it to the sommelier.

by Anonymousreply 2205/30/2013

I used to work in that business, skimming tips is really low class as it gets. Waiter dont usually make a good salary because its expected they make all their money from tips.

by Anonymousreply 2305/30/2013

IIRC, there was an article about Joe Bastianich, and his vast guitar collection, in the NYC Times many years ago, even in print he came off as a total douchebag.

I see he's bald just like his lovely mom!

Yes, his mother was accused of having an Italian immigrant live with her as her personal slave. The woman came to the US under false pretenses, she was promised a job with Lidia Bastianich, to learn cooking and to be her personal assistant and to be paid a salary.

The woman was basically forced to take care of Lidia's house etc, she was basically an unpaid worker.

by Anonymousreply 2405/30/2013

hate this guy, don't get what he has to arrogant ass about. he just got to where he is thanks to his mom's name.

by Anonymousreply 2505/30/2013

[quote]Wasn't there some story about his mother and him holding some poor old woman hostage in Lidia's home for years or something to that effect?

Yes, they kept Elaine Stritch in a cage in their laundry room for 5 whole years. It was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 2605/30/2013

Joe Bastardanich is a pompous twat, and I can't stand his bald headed heifer mother either.

by Anonymousreply 2705/30/2013

Well, R26, in all fairness Stritch did drink eight basket-encased jugs of Lidia's best Chianti and did eat two of her cocka-dago-poos before the Bastianiches got home and tasered her ass into the cage.

And here's a pic to underscore how weight loss sometimes only makes people more hideous.

by Anonymousreply 2805/30/2013

Someone should remind him that he's only famous because he dropped out of his mama's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 2905/30/2013

He's been far more successful than his mother.

by Anonymousreply 3005/31/2013

Lidia Bastianich is to Italian food as this is to a pastry chef:

by Anonymousreply 3105/31/2013

He's even meaner since he lost the weight. He must be starving to be so cranky.

by Anonymousreply 3205/31/2013

Uhm? wow! My mother loves to watch Lidia's show ,and I have watched the show now and then ,and Lidia's food seems really appetizing. However, my mother said, is it just me or does her son seem like a jerk? I agreed with her. they say the camera doesn't lie. Also, my mother thinks the daughter comes off arrogant too. But, Lidia never came off like a bitch to me. I love Lidia's mother and Lidia seems like she treats her mother very well. BTW,my mother bought Lidia's cookbook and she truly has some good recipes in that book.I have heard just a little bit of Lidia's scandal ,but not much. At that time there was a stream of people from the Food Network, especially, accused of things that they were sued for.

There was some articles I have read around two years ago stating that Geoffrey Zakarian did some crooked stuff with his restaurant he owned,but I forgot what it was. I have always thought he comes off arrogant. I used to like Robert Irvine ,but the last couple of his shows he was so rude to the owners of the restaurants. This one lady was happy to see him and admitted that she needed his help ,and he was awful to her.Also, I'm getting tired of the hideous transformations he dose with the restaurants.This lady wanted her restaurant to have a decor and feel like a diner, and her place did look bad,but not extremely bad ,but her food did look horrible though. However, when Irvine made the change to her restaurant and claimed it looked like a diner with a modern twist, it was boring, dull, and it didn't come close to anything like a diner. He acts like he knows American food ,but I'm sorry he doesn't get American food nor Americana. The recent restaurant that was falling apart on Irvine's show was a barbecue restaurant. The lady used hickory sauce on her barbecue ribs,and Robert Irvine said one of her issues was she used hickory wood for her barbecue ribs? I thought hickory is a classic American barbecue sauce? He said you are supposed to use other woods for barbecue that are appropriate? that is new to me.I love Ree Drummond and I adore her food. NO! I'm not a frau. She seems really down to earth very likeable and not a phony. I watched an interview with Ron Ben Israel and he seems like a genuine nice guy. He didn't come off remotely arrogant for a man who made a multimillion dollar cake business. He went on Worst Cooks of America ,and he was trying to help out an amateur baker. He was very, very nice and patient with the lady and he came off like a real gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 3305/31/2013

I'm a fan of Lidia - her recipes/cookbooks are great - even met her once & she was lovely. BUT her kids are super Douche-y and haven't learned to hide it when need be.

by Anonymousreply 3405/31/2013

R33, you seem to bring some of the traits that are easy to jump on to your post, but because of your innate decency and good, sensible judgment, all I can say is thanks for your review of personalities. Much obliged!

Honestly, I don't dislike Lidia in the way I find her children appalling. But I know a shark when I see one, and she's one - meaning a good business person, someone who is aware of coming from nowhere based on her own (and her ex-husband's) drive, very money-oriented, and someone with the natural charm of a hungry dog looking at your arm and wondering what she can get away with, since it looks tasty.

But she obviously is committed to her cookery, and that part of the shows and her recipe books have a lot of useful info for making traditional down-home Italian country and city fare.

And her mother is great. Did you know Mama lived with a man there? I think he may have died in the interim, but she had her own life through it all.

by Anonymousreply 3505/31/2013

I like Lidia, but have to agree there is an undertone that implies she might be quite unpleasant.

I have found the recipes I've tried have been fairly simple and easy to follow. Everything has tasted great.

by Anonymousreply 3605/31/2013

I've waited on Lidia many times at private dinner parties in people's homes. She is utterly gracious and unfailingly polite. Joe was too the one time I served him. He also had a nice sense of humor and was a good guest. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 3705/31/2013

I have never seen Lidia except on the Today Show.

What's the name of her TV show?

by Anonymousreply 3805/31/2013

What we see on TV is a character, just like angry, abusive Gordon on Hell's Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 3905/31/2013

r30 he's been successful only because of his mother. He's not a chef like she is, he's a businessman who capitalized on his mother's skills and popularity and built up a restaurant group.

And his parents were already in the restaurant biz and ran successful places in NY long before he started. He had a big head start from them.

by Anonymousreply 4005/31/2013

Joe is a little full of himself. I must say, he looks a lot better since losing all that weight. He used to choose the wine for Lydia on her PBS show, back when he was a balding fatty. .. Re: Lydia, herself: I have learned some good tricks about Italian dishes that she makes. Many of them reminiscent of my Italian grandmother's (who never divulged her recipes). .. I think that the success of "Eataly" has really gone to Joe's head. It's turned him into a total sourpuss.

by Anonymousreply 4105/31/2013

R39, your ignorance of Bastianich's and Ramsey's personalities off the screen does not give you any basis for making an uninformed declaration and then sitting there like your playing "Little Teapot Short and Stout," as if you've offered anything worthwhile.

So shut up about these rats.

by Anonymousreply 4205/31/2013

He's an ass, but I have to admit something. From this angle he has one damn sexy smile.

by Anonymousreply 4305/31/2013

He's still a douchebag. My dislike for JB is just about to outweigh my pleasure in watching Masterchef...

by Anonymousreply 4406/06/2013

He's cunt. He looks like a war victim after his weight loss not sexy at all. Has there been any gossip about him being on the downlow? I wonder......

by Anonymousreply 4506/06/2013

I came across this show last night and thought he was Joe but since his weight loss was so dramatic I didn't think it was him.

I think he looked hotter chubby.

by Anonymousreply 4606/06/2013

Cannot imagine Joe as a sexual person.

by Anonymousreply 4706/06/2013

Oh man. Never saw him as anyone other than the skinny bitch he tries to play on Masterchef. Now I understand where his insecurities come from. Not enough sex!

by Anonymousreply 4806/06/2013

He proved again tonight how ugly he is as a human being. Pathetic mommy's boy. How I dispise him.

by Anonymousreply 4906/19/2013

Here, R43. A clearer version of your sexy Joe smile.

by Anonymousreply 5006/19/2013

Ben Starr, a MasterChef finalist from a couple of seasons ago (and a perfectly lovely out gay man), writes a blog that includes his VERY candid thoughts about the "reality" behind MasterChef, what it was like behind the scenes, and what an absolute douchebag Bastianich is. Ben seems to be eminently fair -- he both critiques Ramsey and praises him, appropriately -- but he has very little that's nice to say about Bastianich.

Here are the posts in which Bastianich is discussed:

by Anonymousreply 5106/19/2013

You just know he has tinymeat and takes it out an the world.

by Anonymousreply 5206/20/2013

Why do you find these people entertaining enough to watch on television?

by Anonymousreply 5306/20/2013

Love Lidia, her restaurants are good, her recipes are good. She is of course very much into being the boss lady. And Joe's appearances on her shows show him chafing against that. Don't watch Master Chef, so I can't comment on how he was around her on "his" show. But I can't see him as being a mama's boy.

I don't like him much, but I do respect how hard he worked to drop that weight.

by Anonymousreply 5406/20/2013

I don't know anything about what you're talking about here, but I am an expert and will be glad to post a link to something you've already seen.

Ain't I the shit?

by Anonymousreply 5506/20/2013

Yes this week he reached heights in his doucheness. Why is he so angry all the time ? Someone compared him to Simon Cowell but Simon can be pleasant and you know he knows what he's talking about. Joe looks as if someone commited a crime because there is not enough cheese in a ravioli. He treats others like idiots and imbeciles. Douche Douche Douche

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2013

I've heard him call Sicilians "Niggers of the South"!

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2013

I remember him going on his mom's PBS show post weight loss and he never smiled ONCE. He barely even acknowledged her and looked like he just wanted to rush through the recipe and get off the set as fast as possible. Why did he even bother agree to go on it?

by Anonymousreply 5806/23/2013

I worked as a server in their restaurants. Before, I thought she was like an old relative. When I met the cunt, she just sneered at me, as did Joe (he was a tub back then.) Literally, I'm working my ass off, selling HER SHIT and the cunt sneers at me? She was a charmer to the guests but to the workers? Hell no. Well, when one of their manager's called me a derogatory name, I brought it up to the GM, and the next week I'm off the schedule. One of the best things that could have happened to me. They are a bunch of asshole slave drivers. Bitch needs a weave.

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2013

In his own interview he say's "he's not a chef,he's a restaurateur"

He simply has no credibility being a judge to me. And he's an insufferable ass about it. he should go back to skimming tips that he previously got caught for and settled for five million.

by Anonymousreply 6006/28/2013

Not surprisingly, he fits the profile of a spoiled Hollywood child.

He owes everything to mommy.

And I really hate how Lidia calls her mother Grama. When she talks about her actual grandmother, she uses the word Nonni. (which is also weird because it's plural.)

by Anonymousreply 6106/28/2013

Could you believe his outbursts this week. What an asshole !

by Anonymousreply 6206/28/2013

Joe Bastianich is the poster boy for birth control!! This obnoxious douchebag probably has never picked up a spatula or frying pan a day in his sorry pathetic life. I hope one day one contestant on the show stands up to him and punches him in the face!!! He is without a doubt the biggest prick on reality TV. I hope he gets food poisoning from some of the food he tastes on the show then craps his pants and barfs all over the set in front of the cameras!!!

by Anonymousreply 6308/17/2013

Who would want to spend time and money in this douchebag's restaurant ?

by Anonymousreply 6408/18/2013

Joe seems to have a lot of contempt, even for his mother. The few times I've seen them interact on TV, I am appalled at his disdainful attitude. She always has to "draw him out", so he'll appear a bit nicer on cam.He cannot even talk cheerfully about wine, and he's supposed to be some sort of expert with it I LOVE Lidia's food, I'd eat anything she made, which I cannot say about any other TV chef. She influential too, before she showed people how to finish off almost-cooked pasta in the sauce or gravy, no one else was doing it. Same with "anointing" a finished dish with a little slurp of olive oil. She plates her dishes beautifully. The daughter has a slightly better attitude on cam than does her brother, but she's a hanger-on too. Teach 'em to smile, Lidia, do us all a favor.

by Anonymousreply 6508/18/2013

Joe is an insufferable punk-ass little turd!! He' s just a worthless piece of crap! I feel sorry for his kids having that asshole for a father! Joe Bastianich is a poor, miserable excuse for a human being. I look forward to the day MASTERCHEF gets cancelled and we never have to look at his ugly face ever again!

by Anonymousreply 6608/28/2013

he acts like a poor peasant. esp when he pokes something with his knife picks it up and eats it off the knife directly

gross and gross

did anyone see last night's episode? his sons are fug. one is fat and one is a carbon copy of him.

by Anonymousreply 6708/29/2013

Wow! There's someone we hate more than Madonna??

by Anonymousreply 6808/29/2013

Hmmm ... very telling that contestants are recruited. This season has been hugely disappointing with the Big Brother-type antics; Chrissy should have been booted some time ago but she's kept around because she is the shitraker. And it's blatant peddling of Walmart meat is enough to literally gag on.

by Anonymousreply 6908/29/2013

r67, even worse is when he sniffs the forkful of food before relegating himself to eat it. Everything about him turns me off. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 7008/29/2013

He's got a filthy rich mama and filthy rich partners. He's a piece of shit born lucky but shit that laughs all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 7108/29/2013

I was praying that Joe Bitch would be fired after this season's Masterchef. Instead they are making a kid's version of the show and sure enough Joe Bitch will be back on as authority and Connaisseur of what is great food. Will he uncrossed his arms and relax that tight hole ?

by Anonymousreply 7209/10/2013

He looks and acts like the kind of guy who would finger bang his girlfriend at the movies and make her smell it.

by Anonymousreply 7309/12/2013

But the judges did come up with the correct winner this year.

by Anonymousreply 7409/12/2013

I know this thread is old but I searched for this guy to see if anyone had ever talked about what a douche he is. Joe Bastardbitch is insufferable and his face just screams "PUNCH ME!" He's as much of an asshole as always on Masterchef right now. I don't know if anyone's watching, but he's got a whipping boy this season named Cutter (unfortunate name, but I could see the guy being a total bear). Now this guy can't cook for shit but Joe is really mean to him week after week, more so than the other contestants. A few weeks ago Cutter got sick of it and actually stood up to Joe and of course we're supposed to feel bad for Joe that a contestant would be so "disrespectful" to him and we're supposed to see Cutter as a big mean bully. Oh please. I wish Cutter had punched him right in that gigantic head of his.

Douchebag Bastianich vs. Cutter

by Anonymousreply 7508/16/2014

More Joe being a douche

by Anonymousreply 7608/16/2014

Old DL thread on Mama Bastianich keeping a slave.

by Anonymousreply 7708/16/2014

Thanks, R75/R76. I quit watching the show because of this tool's leaden hauteur and spiritless inauthenticity. His mother at least knows how to show the right face, even if she's as phony as he is. I believe her appreciation and judgment of the food she stuffs into her mouth, at least.

This asshole son of hers is the perfect ex-fat-boy jerk who hates his life (less-than son pushed by egomaniac parents) and thinks that this "persona" on the show somehow triangulates with the other ex-fat-boy as cool-and-kind puppy to make the Great host seem like the voice of reason, spirit and smarts.

Yeah. I loathe him. And he's a much a crook as anyone, being involved with all the legal trouble with Batali. Sorry for the Express link but it's the most current story on the subject I found.

by Anonymousreply 7808/16/2014

I'm sooo done with the food judges being cunty assholes to the poor schmucks trying to win a few bucks. I was watching chopped and Scott whatshis face had an absolute shit fit because some guy didn't cook the pasta right in 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 7908/16/2014

The new season of Masterchef premiered. Surprised to see that they finally canned him. Guess Gordon Ramsay will have to ramp up the nastiness.

by Anonymousreply 8005/22/2015

Last season on MasterChef Junior, Gordon announced that it would be Joe's last season as a judge & I think maybe they let the kids dump honey or cream pies or something on all three judges, I don't remember which. They gave the impression that he was off to greener pastures.

I tried to watch the premiere episodes but the backstories bored me to death & I kept fast forwarding. The new judge seems a little cunty. Did anyone watch?

by Anonymousreply 8105/22/2015

I would imagine the new judge was told to ramp up the cuntiness, so that she could be more like Joe.

After all, they want to hang onto all of the viewers they have, including both of Joe Bastianich's fans.

by Anonymousreply 8205/22/2015

I think Joe had to leave Master Chef after the scandal with the last female winner. Supposedly Joe was "friendly" with her and the other contestants all knew about it. I didn't have time to read the whole thread so my apologies if this has been discussed to death already.

Sidebar: Joe's co-star on that CNBC Restaurant show, Tim Love, is one hot piece of ass. Tall and lanky, quiet with a poker face. Jeans and cowboy boots.

Me likey. But I bet he won't lift a finger to cook at home, unless its on the patio grill.

Hot, hot, hot. And rich.....

by Anonymousreply 8305/22/2015

Whatever became of his mother Lydia holding a woman a slave in her home and both he and his mother stealing tips from the staff at their restaurants? Were they ever punished for their crimes? I don't think so. Both are rich evil fucks.

by Anonymousreply 8405/22/2015

Wasn't the last female winner a stripper who they referred to as an "ariel dancer" to class it up a bit? I hated her.

by Anonymousreply 8505/22/2015

Lydia seems like a lot of fun, but the kids are so sour.

by Anonymousreply 8605/23/2015
Need more help? Click Here.