Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mariska Returns

Closes deal for Season 15.

by Anonymousreply 8706/21/2014

She tops Michele Lee as the longest-running dramatic-series female lead in television history.

[italic]Knots Landing[/italic] ran 14 seasons on CBS, from 1979 to 1993, and [italic]Law & Order: Special Victims Unit[/italic], returning in September for its 15th season, will catapult Emmy winner Mariska Hargitay to the history books.

by Anonymousreply 105/28/2013

It's a good thing since I have not been able to stop thinking about that haunting SVU finale!

Was it set up that way in case Mariska wasn't coming back?

by Anonymousreply 205/28/2013

The finale was excellent but Mariska needs to hit the gym asap. She was very fat in the episode. Big hips and gutt.

by Anonymousreply 305/28/2013

Mariska is fat now? (I haven't watched TV, or Mariska for about 7 yrs now)

by Anonymousreply 405/28/2013

Didn't she go through IVF in order to have her one biological child? Couldn't that have done a number on her body?

by Anonymousreply 505/28/2013

But that's been long enough she should have lost it.

She's at least 20-25lbs overweight

by Anonymousreply 605/28/2013

They have done a good job of hiding her weight gain. I think if she lost 10-15 lbs she would look much better. When she has scenes standing next to Kelli Giddish she looks huge. She even looks big in scenes standing next to Danny Pinto. Given that she is the highest paid actress on TV, the producers should insist that she lose a few lbs.

by Anonymousreply 705/28/2013

How many more seasons does anyone think that Law & Order: Special Victims Unit have in them?

by Anonymousreply 805/28/2013

Leave Marishka Alone.

by Anonymousreply 905/28/2013

I am guessing the show goes 1-2 more seasons. NBC does not really have any high rated series apart from The Voice. It will all come down to production costs and revenue from advertisers. Mariska is making $500,000 per episode.

by Anonymousreply 1005/28/2013

[quote] How many more seasons does anyone think that Law & Order: Special Victims Unit have in them?

The Speed Weed years did a serious number on the show. The last couple of years have been better but this season's finale was tired. I could see the bad guy going to her apartment 20 minutes into that episode.

by Anonymousreply 1105/28/2013

Remember way back when Mariska threads would top out at 600 easily? The lesbians don't like her anymore?

by Anonymousreply 1205/28/2013

R1 S. Epatha Merkerson has already broken Michele Lee record

by Anonymousreply 1305/28/2013

She may be carrying 10-15 extra lbs, but she still looks damn good for her age -- hell, for any age -- as she is.

by Anonymousreply 1405/28/2013

So she's giving up on having a career outside of SVU? Can't say I blame her. If she still likes working with the crew, might as well just keep cashing those checks.

by Anonymousreply 1505/28/2013

She is pulling in $11.5MM per season on SVU. Why would she need to do anything else? She is probably very comfortable with the cast and crew and figures why not ride this gravy train until it ends. SVU needs her to continue. Once Melony left the show she pretty much had the producers over a barrel. Pay her what she wants or she walks. I lover her and I love the show, I am happy she is returning.

It will be interesting to see what she does once the show ends if anything. Maybe she will do Broadway? I get the impression that she is settled with her family in NYC and wants to work close to home. Given the amount of money she has made on SVU's long run, I doubt she will ever have to work again if she chooses not to.

by Anonymousreply 1605/28/2013

We were told last season would be her finale, that she'd make only occasional appearances.

Yes, she's gotten fat, but her mama had junk in the trunk and not just an overnight bag.

by Anonymousreply 1705/28/2013

Well in her final scene she enters her apartment carrying TWO shopping bags of take-out food.

Do you think Dick Wolf is trying to tell her something?

by Anonymousreply 1805/28/2013

okay, I just went to "Getty Images" to see how fat she is, and she does not look fat at all

by Anonymousreply 1905/28/2013

The woman is drop dead gorgeous. As for inheriting her mother's boobs and hips, looking more like Jayne Mansfield should not be a career ending event. She's been doing the rounds on the magazines saying it's not the end of the world to put look like a real woman, so don't expect to see her turning up in your gym any time soon...

by Anonymousreply 2005/28/2013

The season cliffhanger made it pretty clear that Liv was facing a weekend of being raped and tortured. I wonder if they'll have the balls to follow through on that.

by Anonymousreply 2105/28/2013

S. Epatha Merkerson's role on [italic]Law & Order[/italic] lasted from 1993 (20 years ago this fall she debuted!) to the series' end in 2010. That was 17 seasons.

With Michele Lee, and now with Mariska Hargitay, the difference is both ladies carrying a lead role in their respective series. Merkerson's character was supporting.

This is nothing to take away from Merkerson, an Emmy-winning lead for the HBO movie [italic]Lackawanna Blues[/italic] in 2005, but I want to note the difference.

by Anonymousreply 2205/29/2013

[quote]The woman is drop dead gorgeous. As for inheriting her mother's boobs and hips, looking more like Jayne Mansfield should not be a career ending event. She's been doing the rounds on the magazines saying it's not the end of the world to put look like a real woman, so don't expect to see her turning up in your gym any time The Lesbians, who don't have a lot on TV to lust after

R20: You're right. She can lose some weight but I also find her sexy now. I don't watch the show anymore - how can you keep up with 14 seasons?? - but it's nice to see her occasionally here and there.

by Anonymousreply 2305/29/2013

The lesbians can have Mariska. Just let me tongue Danny Pino's tiny, tight hole before fucking it literally raw.

by Anonymousreply 2405/29/2013

She made a nice couple with Maria Bello. I think that they should get back rubbing each other.

by Anonymousreply 2505/29/2013

The finale ending was really creepy even though it was easy to see what was going to happen when she walked through the door.

I like "fat" Mariska, she's her mother's daughter, Va va va Voom...

by Anonymousreply 2605/29/2013

I can't see how they could have Olivia raped and tortured. As the product of rape, she was very traumatized by the near miss in prison.

This would put her over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 2705/29/2013

[quote]She tops Michele Lee

I always assumed they were both versatile.

by Anonymousreply 2805/29/2013

R27 what will probably happen is that her new love Ryan will stop by and 'interrupt' things and get killed in the life of duty.

They have already filmed the finale, and episode one of the 15th up-coming season.

They do the last show and the first show (of the new season) back-to-back

by Anonymousreply 2905/29/2013

Yeah, or it's an already set-up sting operation. They knew the guy would target Benson after what he did to the old lady, so there's probably cops waiting at the door.

by Anonymousreply 3005/29/2013

Olivia hears a noise, and wouldn't be that stupid not to draw her gun

by Anonymousreply 3105/29/2013

Dear R24, could you please expand further on your feelings about Danny Pino's "tiny, tight hole"? Exactly HOW small do you think his little Cuban hole is? Is it significantly smaller than most heterosexual men who have never had anal experiences? How does it smell? Does his anus smell like traditional Cuban cuisine?

Let's also discuss his spicy, swarthy Cuban pinga!

by Anonymousreply 3206/01/2013

They stopped banking extra episodes a few seasons ago, R29. They finished the season finale a few weeks before it aired and it goes back into production in mid July. I know from the casting breakdowns that Pablo Schreiber's character could recur next season-probably being prosecuted for Liv's rape and torture.

by Anonymousreply 3306/01/2013

Good for her, someone's gotta be the breadwinner. Her husband barely works. What does he do all day while she's on set?

by Anonymousreply 3406/01/2013

Why she stopped fucking women?

by Anonymousreply 3506/01/2013

When Mariska returns to the show the credit will be

Mariska Hargitay

Doug Davidson

by Anonymousreply 3606/01/2013

Olibia, just keep fightin and if he does get inside your honeydew melon, think of something you love, like Ben N Jerry until it is ovah.

by Anonymousreply 3706/01/2013

S Epetha Merkerson was not a series lead on mothership for its entire 19 year run so that is very debateable r13.

by Anonymousreply 3806/01/2013

bump for pinga!

by Anonymousreply 3906/02/2013

It would be very brave to have Benson sexually assaulted, opening up many avenues of storyline and a probable Emmy nomination, but I don't think they have the guts. I agree that the boyfriend will show up, that's why she had 2 bags of food.

by Anonymousreply 4006/02/2013

Where is Maria Bello?

by Anonymousreply 4106/02/2013

The boyfriend will show up in the nick of time, save Olivia but get killed in the process. Olivia will be grief-stricken and guilt-ridden for the rest of the season. She'll get over the grief but not the guilt. They can go in any one of a thousand different directions with the guilt theme.

by Anonymousreply 4206/02/2013

Did anyone else notice that Belzer and Florek never appeared in one single episode together last season? Budgetary issues?

by Anonymousreply 4306/02/2013

The Law and Order franchise is syndicated and must have over a thousand episodes between the original, SVU and Criminal Intent.

It is a real tried and true cash cow for the flailing NBC and they must figure, if they can crank out a couple more seasons from SVU so they can add to their syndication roster, the better it is overall. Whatever they're paying Mariska to come back is not enough, and Mariska's agent probably knows this, considering they're asking $500,000 per episode for her return. The franchise makes soooo much money from the rerun royalties.

by Anonymousreply 4406/02/2013

She looks much better in real life than on the show, they're still making her look dowdy. What I want to know is how she she manages to fly under the radar these days. Does she kill off all her girlfriends when she's finished with them, or have a super-sized closet where they're all stuck in the back bound and gagged?

by Anonymousreply 4506/06/2013

I agree, I think she'll be raped and tortured for an hour or so, the bf shows up and he gets killed. This will probably be the final season so they'll definitely write it in such a way to get Mariska one more Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 4606/06/2013

I agree with you r45. But hasn't she still been photographed at events with her girlfriends? Is everybody tired of talking about her?

by Anonymousreply 4706/06/2013

I can't believe she'd do this, limiting her career when there must be so many other more challenging offers.

by Anonymousreply 4806/06/2013

"But hasn't she still been photographed at events with her girlfriends? Is everybody tired of talking about her?"

Maybe that's her strategy - get photographed hugging and kissing so many women you can't tell her friends from her girlfriends. Damn, that's a good strategy... but it's really very inconsiderate of her. You think she'd toss her loyal lesbian following a bone every now and then. And kissing Ali Wentworth doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 4906/06/2013

She doesn't have a lesbian following anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5106/06/2013

You don't understand how few icons we have to follow...

by Anonymousreply 5206/07/2013

Haha you're right. Few icons and even very few ones we're attracted to and care about.

by Anonymousreply 5306/07/2013

The writing for the last episode was so ridiculous. Why wouldn't Benson have someone walk with her into her apartment or have some surveillance on her apartment knowing the perp had an issue with her? And why doesn't she pull her gun when she hears something...again, especially with the perp out on bail. Give me a break.

I agree with other posters who think that Benson's boyfriend will walk in and save the day, only to be shot. And then after Benson sees that, she will go all "Stabler" on the perp and shoot him multiple times which will give the writers many possiblities to pursue. Besides, he has to go make more "Mayhem" commercials.

by Anonymousreply 5406/07/2013

I think they did surveillance on him but it was a trap. Maybe something will go wrong, though.

by Anonymousreply 5506/07/2013

She must be worth beau coup bucks!

by Anonymousreply 5606/08/2013

Now we just need us some Stabler

by Anonymousreply 5706/27/2013

Why did she get all the Emmys? Meloni was better and he and the cast of Oz were also seriously fucked over.

I'd like to see more of the big guest star ones, the Cynthia Nixon and Ellen Burstyn episodes were amazing.

by Anonymousreply 5806/27/2013

Mariska knows she'll never get a gig that pays as well as SVU again, so she's gonna ride that gravy train to the bitter end. She lives in Manhattan with three kids and a husband who barely works, and that costs a bloody fortune. She needs to take as much $$ from SVU as she can possibly get.

by Anonymousreply 5906/27/2013

They bought a $10 million townhouse on the UWS last year, R59. I doubt they're hurting.

by Anonymousreply 6006/27/2013

But she'll most likely have to make that money last for the rest of her life, r60.

by Anonymousreply 6106/27/2013

Heck, I'd do the same if I were her. Who turns down 11 million bucks to phone in a few performances? She's packing on all the pounds she wants, they've cut down the amount of time she needs to be on set and she no longer bothers to turn up to any events other than her JHF foundation. She's winding down to retirement.

Then, in a few years there'll be a National Enquirer expose of her on an Olivia cruise with her gf...

by Anonymousreply 6206/28/2013

Luv Her!

by Anonymousreply 6306/28/2013

Thank You Jesus

by Anonymousreply 6407/11/2013

Now we need march and neil back.

by Anonymousreply 6507/11/2013

Thank God. She is AMAZING on that show. Such a good actress with a believeable character. And now I cannot wait to see how they finish the cliffhanger. That guy is PSYCHO!

by Anonymousreply 6607/11/2013

Totes good newz.

by Anonymousreply 6707/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 6807/13/2013

yay i love mariska!

she married up her hubby is yummy gorgeous.

and good for her adopting 2 kids.

by Anonymousreply 6907/13/2013

She lost a lot of weight for the new season. It looked like each character lost weight. Iced-T is looking rather trim these days as is Dann Florek.

by Anonymousreply 7009/30/2013

She looks good! Maria Bello also looks like she's trimmed down.

by Anonymousreply 7109/30/2013

This week's episode is the Paula Deen/Trayvon Martin mash-up with Cybill Shepard.

by Anonymousreply 7209/30/2013

Maria Bello looks way to thin.

by Anonymousreply 7309/30/2013

Cybill is going to be fun in this role.

by Anonymousreply 7409/30/2013

[quote]She doesn't have a lesbian following anymore.

. . . in her wake?

by Anonymousreply 7509/30/2013

If this ain't a couple of dykes, I don't know who is.

Mariska's practically fondling underboob.

by Anonymousreply 7609/30/2013

What is Cybill playing?

by Anonymousreply 7710/01/2013

Martha Stewart

by Anonymousreply 7810/01/2013

Cybill is playing Jennifer Love Hewitt's drunk and drugged mother on The Client List (now on hiatus).

Now, she's playing a murderous version of Paula Deen. Her agent must think she's a bit off.

by Anonymousreply 7910/01/2013

She'll be on that show until she pulls an Irene Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 8010/01/2013

I used to think Mariska was gay but now I think she's a het. Although gay or het, she's always had something for Maria Bello.

On another note, is Kelly Giddish gay?

by Anonymousreply 8110/02/2013

How is Danny Pino in the new season? Is there a moment where he whips out that spicy uncut Cuban pinga and moans "Ahhh, ése"?

by Anonymousreply 8210/02/2013

Big rumor flying around that MH is ill and it could be serious. The show was supposed to shoot 3 episodes for next season this month but ended up only shooting 2.

by Anonymousreply 8306/21/2014

R83 what is wrong with her????

I wish her well whatever it is

by Anonymousreply 8406/21/2014

"Exhausted" according to;

The Law & Order franchise has established its own unique production schedule, which involves the series regularly staying in continuous production after the end of the season to bank a few episodes for the following season. The plan this year was to film three additional episodes for veteran crime drama Law & Order: SVU‘s upcoming 16th season, launching in the fall. But, after finishing two of them, the show has decided to scrap the last one due to exhaustion on the part of the cast, particularly star Mariska Hargitay, with the shelved episode to be shot with the rest of Season 16 when the show returns from hiatus. Season 15 is being hailed as one of the series’ strongest, with Emmy winner Hargitay getting notices for her nuanced acting. But it’s been a grueling season, with a lot of emotional performances that has taken a toll on everyone, especially Hargitay, who is the center and the heart of the show and who also made her directorial debut on SVU this past season. Most drama series do 22 episodes a season at the most, Law & Order: SVU produces 24. “In the last 12 months Mariska appeared in 26 episodes, directed one, produced two benefits that raised millions of dollars for her Joyful Heart Foundation, and is also the full-time mother of three young children,” L&O: SVU creator/executive producer Dick Wolf said. “Even a Super Woman needs a break sometime. Instead of shooting 27 straight episodes, we will begin our hiatus and go back to our normal production schedule.” Averaging a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating, SVU ranked as the No. 4 NBC scripted drama this past season, up by 21% in 18-49 and by 17% in total viewers from last season.

by Anonymousreply 8506/21/2014

Bitchy Broads

by Anonymousreply 8606/21/2014

I haven't watched this show since Chris left. What's the point? The marathons on cable are all I need.

by Anonymousreply 8706/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!