Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stevie Wonder - Surprise Cannes Fashion Reporter

There's a story on the Daily Fail about how great nearly-bald Nicole Kidman's hair looks.

DL style and coiffure mavens - hep me hep me hep me please.

The first photo is a closeup and her hair looks totally fucked up to me. Is there some kind of powder darkening the roots to an auburn? Is it glued up there? What is the story with that ratty looking braid/bun?

Also - her scary old lady claw is being held up to her face in another pic.

by Anonymousreply 1405/27/2013

You are crazy!

She looked great in all of her Cannes appearances! She has not looked so good in a long time. Her hair is in a messy bun in those pictures and it worked to soften her look.

Say what you want about Nicole, but she has tons of hair. She is not at all bald.

by Anonymousreply 105/26/2013

She looks amazing.

Who's the whore in red? ­čś│­čś│

by Anonymousreply 205/26/2013

Looks like a rats nest.

by Anonymousreply 305/26/2013

I think the woman in red is Emmanuelle Seigner, a/k/a Mrs. Roman Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 405/26/2013

While OP is going over the top, I do agree that Kidman's hair has looked awful for years, I suppose it's gotten so much thinner due to her years of taking fertility hormones and perhaps starving to stay so thin. Our bodies need nutrients.

I recall an ELLE cover and article a few years ago, her hair looked like white cotton candy. She has access to the best hair people on the planet, I always wonder why she's not in some type of Topper piece.

Hormones, or the lack of them, wreck havoc on many women's hair. Kidman's hair was thick and curly when she started acting, now it looks like old lady cotton candy hair.

A lot of women get a form of FPB aka Diffuse Alopecia in middle age. This has happened to that annoying crone Kathie Lee Gifford, she once had massive thick wavy hair, now her hair resembles thin cotton candy. The color has no dimension, the overall look is matte dull thin hair.

I also think there are many other factors contributing to early onset female hair loss, all the garbage added to our foods and the hormones shot into cows and chickens are more reasons I see so much female pattern baldness.

I see a lot of this, even with much younger clients, women in their 20s with thinning hair on the crown or overall thinning. I'm a hair stylist.

Weaves and even temporary extensions don't work for this type of hair loss, because they can cause traction alopecia because the natural bio hair is already in a weakened fragile state.

by Anonymousreply 505/26/2013

Thanks for the info R5. I think eating meat is a factor. I have been seeing women in their 20s, all overweight animal eating types, with very thin hair and bald spots. I also wonder if Fukashima toxicity in the environment might not become an increasing concern.

by Anonymousreply 605/26/2013

Audrey Tatou is gorgeous. Damn.

Love a brunette with dark eyes and pale skin like that. Just stunning.

by Anonymousreply 705/26/2013

Actually Nicole's problem probably has more to do with the fact that her real hair type is really curly and wavy. She either has to put chemical in it to straighten it or some poor hairstylist has to spend an hour blow drying it to straighten it. Curly hair is much drier than straight hair to begin with then you add coloring the hair to it all and you have chemical straightening, chemical coloring and heat styling further drying out the hair. She is lucky her hair looks as good as it does.

Black women supplement with wigs to give their hair a rest from all that processing. I haven't seen any evidence that Nicole does that so she never gives her hair a rest while she needs to be in the public eye. She probably should be bald at this point.

by Anonymousreply 805/26/2013

I'm with R1, she looks terrific, especially in the close-ups.

by Anonymousreply 905/26/2013

Kidman hasn't looked this good in years. Her face has finally relaxed from all that cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 1005/26/2013

All the dyes and straightening probably doesn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 1105/26/2013

She wears a lot of hair pieces and wigs. She's completely gray naturally.

There are several pictures at the link.

by Anonymousreply 1205/26/2013

She must have a new plastic surgeon, because she looks great in that closeup! She probably looks like a mannequin in person, but the skin looks dewy and unstretched in that picture.

And I can't believe the OP is bitching about her hair, when she's wearing a dress that ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1305/26/2013

"Actually Nicole's problem probably has more to do with the fact that her real hair type is really curly and wavy. She either has to put chemical in it to straighten it or some poor hairstylist has to spend an hour blow drying it to straighten it. Curly hair is much drier than straight hair to begin with then you add coloring the hair to it all and you have chemical straightening, chemical coloring and heat styling further drying out the hair. She is lucky her hair looks as good as it does."

Keratin straightening has improved since it was first introduced in hair salons, there are even a ton of Keratin shampoos and conditions to help with keeping the hair smooth after going through a Keratin treatment. Women with curly hair, who want to wear it straight, no longer need to straighten their hair daily.

I feel Kidman's hair situation is mostly due to the fertility hormones she took to get pregnant and the thin hair is now due to pre-menopause.

I can say with 100% confidence that hair styling methods do not cause alopecian hair loss. Styling and dyes do not cause the type hair loss from the roots, sure, hair can break off, get dry and brittle from over processing/styling it.

No one is using 40%, and up, volume peroxide on a daily basis, that might definitely cause some scalp irritations which in turn hurt the roots. A healthy scalp is important to having healthy hair.

Alopecia is not caused by hair dyes or styling methods. A person might have an allergic reaction to a hair dye, but that will not cause permanent alopecian hair loss.

There is definitely something else going on with Kidman's hair besides too much hair dye and styling methods.

by Anonymousreply 1405/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.