Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My sister-in-law was telling me a story about the loathsome child next door

and his name is Jaden and his sister's name is Madison. Truly. I laughed out loud when I heard it. It's like some frauphobe's post come to life. They could play themselves in the Datalounge move.

by Anonymousreply 2205/26/2013

OP, could you explain that (and its significance) in English?

by Anonymousreply 105/25/2013

What a coinky-dink! I've got a loathsome Jaden! His sister is Willow, though, not Madison. Where does your sister live, maybe she's mistaken on the girl's name.

Oh, and your sister... Is she an attractive woman? Does she need some company?

by Anonymousreply 205/26/2013

The name Jayden is everywhere. Get used it. It's usually followed by James. Before that it was Jameson. It's the new version of Courtney, Ashley and Whitney for way back when.

by Anonymousreply 305/26/2013

Do these people ever appreciate that one day these little monsters will be 50 yr. olds walking around with these ridiculous, pretentious names?

OP, I usually love threads like this, so spill. What was "loathsome" about them?

by Anonymousreply 405/26/2013

Madison is a nice name, although way overused.

by Anonymousreply 505/26/2013

Does Madison offer her mother a basket full of kisses?

by Anonymousreply 605/26/2013

In 2010 I did data entry work for the Census. It paid well, for a temporary survival gig.

If I had a nickel for every Jaden, Jayden, and Jaiden I typed, I could have retired.

Also extremely popular: Destinee, Brittni, and Nevaeh (heaven spelled backwards).

by Anonymousreply 705/26/2013

How about R'moniee? Pronounced as Armani.

by Anonymousreply 805/26/2013

Will Smith & the insufferable Jaiden were on Graham Norton this week. Twitter lit up with praises for their rap performance...which only goes to show how divorced I am from the hideousness that is most popular culture and primadonna children in general. " One exasperated woman did tweet "Africans are awful" which made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 905/26/2013

It's spelled M-A-D-Y-S-Y-N.

by Anonymousreply 1005/26/2013

I only know of two male children named Madison.

How did it get co-opted by the little girls?

by Anonymousreply 1105/26/2013

I have always said, if I ever had a son I would name him Ever. I know that it is a pretentious name but I have always liked it. Ever Robert, do you think the kid would want to kill me when he got older?

by Anonymousreply 1205/26/2013

My theory on strange names-use them for the child's middle name. That way you can still address the child as Ever, or Apple, or Pilot Inspektor, but once the kid gets older he can stick with either the traditional first name, or the middle name you've been using.

by Anonymousreply 1305/26/2013

That seems reasonable.

My mother has a horrible first name, Leoma (she was the only girl in her family, named after her grandmother). She has always gone by her middle name, Lynne.

by Anonymousreply 1405/26/2013

R9, people went nuts for the Graham Norton appearance because of this:

by Anonymousreply 1505/26/2013

R11, the name"Madison" for girls comes straight from the 1987-ish movie SPLASH. When Darryl Hannah's mermaid character needed a name and saw a Madison Avenue street sign, she chose to call herself "Madison."

The name simply was not in popular usage for girls before then. Why it took off then, I will never know. It sounded ugly and clunky in the movie, and it still does.

by Anonymousreply 1605/26/2013

Thanks, r16.

I never saw that movie.

by Anonymousreply 1705/26/2013

I've seen: Clematis, Jennecha (hard 'c' sound), Durrick, Crandall, and Grapee.

by Anonymousreply 1805/26/2013

I was named after a President of the United States by my pappy who was also President of these United States.

by Anonymousreply 1905/26/2013

My sister had never seen the movie "Splash" either. She got the name "Madison" from a friend who had recommended that name for another friend's boy baby. Then the name took off.

She doesn't regret the name, but she kinda curses the movie "Splash."

by Anonymousreply 2005/26/2013

The coolest name I've heard in a while is a friend who named her daughter Augusta.

Augusta is in the sixth grade now and her friends either call her "Gussie" or "Gus."

by Anonymousreply 2105/26/2013

I'm naming my child Pigface Gargonzola.

by Anonymousreply 2205/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!