Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pay No Attention To The Gay Musician

This is a fascinating story if you have been following two big celebrity stories over the past few days.

There is a network that is rarely the first to break news about celebrity events, because they always wait for official confirmation from celebs and their publicists before saying anything.

Today, however, something unusual happened. They “broke” an unconfirmed story (Yes, yes, we know they didn’t really break it because the story already broke days ago, but they are the first television network to talk about publicly as if it’s a fact, so whatever).

Why would they do that? Why would this network break with protocol and risk the ire of top celebs and their publicist by running such a big announcement without any kind of confirmation?

We know why!

It’s because of the OTHER story that was in the gossip columns yesterday and today. You know… the one about a certain gay musician?

The producer of multiple shows on that same network doesn’t want anyone messing with a ridiculous illusion that he has created that is now his biggest cash cow. Anything that has the potential to spoil that illusion must be suppressed! Pay no attention to that gay musician in the corner!

So, meetings were held to decide how to get the gay musician story out of the headlines. The staff fished for ideas and beat each other with sticks (OK, not really, but they did discuss it). How could they get the public to stop talking about the gay musician?

First, they blocked the story from their own properties. So, while the gay musician chatter dominated every other gossip site and broadcast for the past 24 hours, this particular network’s shows and websites didn’t mention a peep about it. Just pretended it never happened.

But nature and media abhor a vacuum. They had to fill that vacuum with something.

So they prematurely broke the unconfirmed story about another big celebrity! Distraction complete!

Now, the celebrities who are the subjects of story #2 are furious! But the network doesn’t care. They’ll fix that relationship later. As long as they saved the cash cow revenues by burying story #1, well, that’s all that matters for today!

This network really wants you to believe that they are the leader in entertainment news. They’re not. They are, however, the leader in entertainment news manipulation.

Story #1 Gay Musician:

Story #2 unconfirmed rumor:

by Anonymousreply 1406/08/2013

It's Kanye. Blind Gossip always report on what's current in the media.

by Anonymousreply 105/25/2013

Kanye, Beyonce's demonic spawn, Seacrest.

I can reluctantly accept closet-case Seacrest but I'm going to my grave denying that Kanye West is gay. Do Not Want.

by Anonymousreply 205/25/2013

...people have been talking about a gay musician?

This sort of thing would be more interesting if I had the slightest idea what it was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 305/25/2013

The gay musician is Kanye West, R3. Since he's part of the media atrocity that is the Kardashians, and the Kardashians are E!'s bread and butter, Seacrest put a kibosh on any Kanye story.

by Anonymousreply 405/25/2013

R3, one of Kanye's boyfriends outed him the other day. It's gotten a lot of coverage in the gossip press with the exception of E!.

Seacrest produces the Kartrashian shows for E! and, presumably, supports the Kanye/Kim/Spawn contract.

To detract attention from Gay Kanye, Seacrest had E! ignore Kanye's being outed and prematurely announce Beyonce's "pregnancy" thus pissing her off.

by Anonymousreply 505/25/2013

Kim just announced that she is home from Paris, her last trip until the baby is born. No more flying.

While Kanye stays in Paris with his designer bf. Oh, said bf just bought an apartment very near kanye's in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 605/25/2013

I think you mean GayFish Kanye

by Anonymousreply 705/25/2013

What a messed up thread!

OP - The subject of a thread is supposed to tell people about the subject matter of the thread. You have just stolen the heading of an article on

OP - The first para of a thread is supposed to be your words, unless you acknowledge them as coming from somewhere else. You have stolen the opening para from the article.

Basically, you could have just said that there is a rumour about a musician being gay, included the link, and noted that the dozens of people who have commented are guessing that it's Kanye West.

by Anonymousreply 805/25/2013

[quote][R3], one of Kanye's boyfriends outed him the other day.

We throw that word, "outed" around too much. Someone saying someone else is gay doesn't "out" them, even if it is an ex-boyfriend.

Someone truly "outed" would acknowledge it because he really had no other choice. At the very least the mainstream press would talk about that person as if her were indeed gay. It would be fact just like NPH. Also, there would some sort be public consequences, good or bad, - people congratulating the person (like Jason Collins), or people demonizing the person, dis-inviting him from events, sponsors pulled.

No one is truly "outed" via gossip, even if they are indeed gay.

by Anonymousreply 905/25/2013

Thank you R4, and especially R5. That was a great summary.

I haven't been paying much attention to media the last couple of days, so I guess I missed all this. What media I *have* been paying attention to had nothing about this.

So thanks again for your clear and concise summaries.

by Anonymousreply 1005/25/2013

The picture at the link shows a plate of fish sticks, made me think of the Kanye Gay Fish South Park episode

by Anonymousreply 1105/25/2013

Since when is Kanye West a "musician"?

by Anonymousreply 1205/25/2013

R12 has a point. I can believe Kanye West is gay, but there's no way in hell he's a gay musician.

by Anonymousreply 1305/25/2013

Well he's in the music industry anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1406/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!