Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What age is Over The Hill?

30, 35, 40, 45, 50?

What age is it when you are officially over the hill.

Vote below and discuss.

by Anonymousreply 2505/27/2013

depends on the person. i work with a guy who is in his early 30's and he has the personality of someone over the hill never wants to do anything,has no outside interests, is grumpy and sees the worst in people and situations. reminds me of steven root's character milton from the movie office space. i'm friends with several people in their 50's, 60's and early 70's who are anything but over the hill. it's not that they act younger, it's more that they love life and they get a lot of enjoyment from just about anything they do.

by Anonymousreply 105/25/2013

Echo R1. In this society at this time, it really depends.

by Anonymousreply 205/25/2013

I've known 25 year olds that were over the hill. Gay or straight. But we gays are different.

Gays by definition are over the hill at 30 because, at 90 in gay years, it isn't the caftan or the earrings or the Abercrombie tee shirts or looking 10 years younger (seriously, Julianne Moore?) or nobody noticing that you color your hair.

It is ALL about no longer being a 20-something.

by Anonymousreply 305/25/2013

Other than age 60, most have voted 45 as over the hill!

by Anonymousreply 405/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 505/26/2013

It's not a specific number, but it is a time. When a good bowel movement is better than sex, you are over the hill.

Got there a few years ago, and decided I didn't like it. Got off my ass, began taking care of myself, and now - not kidding - have a 21 year old preppy cute protege spending all his spare time with me. My other half thinks the young guy is cute and bright as hell, and actually doesn't mind.

My partner and I look far, far younger than we actually are, and the magic words, "you're a hawt old man" are magic to our ears.

by Anonymousreply 605/26/2013

Don't ask Betty White about age, even though she's taken 91 to new heights (or lows, depending on your point of view).

by Anonymousreply 705/26/2013

60 is the new 30

by Anonymousreply 805/26/2013

It's a downward curve after 16, OP.

by Anonymousreply 905/26/2013

hawt older lol

by Anonymousreply 1005/26/2013

[quote]My partner and I look far, far younger than we actually are, and the magic words, "you're a hawt old man" are magic to our ears.

Why would you be called an "old man" if you look so much younger? Unless you're 80.

by Anonymousreply 1105/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1205/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1305/26/2013

19. After that, it's earring and caftan time.

by Anonymousreply 1405/26/2013

The whole Gay years things is just retarded, we are not fucking dogs, as much as the far right would like to convince the world were are.

by Anonymousreply 1505/26/2013

I've never understood why a lot of straight women and gay men lie about their age by subtracting 5-10 years from their real age. I've always **added** 10-15 years. For example, I just turned 50, but I tell people I just turned 65. People positively rave with praise, saying "my god, you look incredible!" or "you have really taken care of yourself!" The daily ego strokes keps a body young! :-)

by Anonymousreply 1605/26/2013

R15 then why is it in gay circle, when you turn 30 you are considered invisible?

by Anonymousreply 1705/26/2013

R15, we can blame the right for many things, but gay culture's obsession with appearance and ageism aren't among them.

by Anonymousreply 1805/26/2013

i am 45. this was it for me. i've noticed a significant decline in mental and physical stamina (concentration, quality of gym workouts, and sex) as well as physical appearance (skin tone, facial tautness, muscle tone). ugh.

by Anonymousreply 1905/26/2013

I don't get this 'invisible gay over 30' thing. I'm 47 and still get to fuck hot young things in their 20s. Am I a freak?

by Anonymousreply 2005/26/2013

@R11: We're not shy about our ages, and my partner just started a new job - and his colleagues honestly thought he was in his early 30's. He's 58. I'm a few years older than he is. We don't smoke or do drugs, and drink in moderation. He spends waaay too much on skin clarifiers and that kind of shit. I just simply make sure to get a good night's sleep every night. Satchel Paige was right about the social ramble not being restful. But I guess it's the genetic lottery, too. We have always looked younger than our ages.

When people find out how old we are, we get that "you're a hawt old man" stuff, sometimes in jest, and sometimes it may be a come-on. Maybe the younger guys are curious if we are still good lays. Truth be told, I certainly don't have the stamina I once did, but I'm a better lover. I just can't throw as good a fuck anymore. Not even close.

Oh, and three or four years ago, I cut out the Just for Men hair coloring and let the gray take over. For years, I was scared as shit whenever I saw another gray hair. Not any more. People ask me if I'm prematurely gray. Depending who they are and what I'm in the mood for, there are any number of answers to that one.

by Anonymousreply 2105/26/2013

My ex's best friend was in his 40's at the time, but incredibly brittle, seeming (mentally) to be more like a fussy old woman.

by Anonymousreply 2205/26/2013

[quote]depends on the person.

Yes, that's one way to tell.

by Anonymousreply 2305/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 2405/27/2013

[quote]I'm 47 and still get to fuck hot young things in their 20s. Am I a freak?

No sweetie you're not a freak, just delusional.

by Anonymousreply 2505/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!