Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do you the following character is so appealing?

Why do you think Finnick Odair from [italic]The Hunger Games[/italic] is so appealing? I like him the best; I think it has a lot to do with the fact that he's a good person who has a good sense of humour and a charming flirt.

I know for a fact that I don't like him based on looks (obviously, since I've never seen his face and plus Gale was supposed to be super good-looking too but I find him repulsive so in the end, I'm really only attracted to his personality).

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013

I didn't like Heath Ledger in his role as "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 105/24/2013

Finnick was my favorite because he was the most complicated (and in my opinion, best written) character in the series. He's presented to you as a certain type of person, and that idea you had about him is turned on it's head several different times.

by Anonymousreply 205/24/2013

And Gale's a boring lump of nothing. His only real purpose was to create tension between Katniss and Peeta.

by Anonymousreply 305/24/2013

He is presented as the classic bad boy who turns out has a heart of gold and a sympathy evoking past.

It is a pretty well used archetype for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 405/24/2013

It was not apparent from the thread watcher who "following character" referred to. I could have skipped the thread if I knew that. Damn you OP.

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2013

R4 Is there a name for this archetype?

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2013

I have no idea what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

I like onions.

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

{quote]Thoughts?

Why do you ask? Is it because you are so incapable of forming and expressing your own, as is evident?

And since he dies, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.