Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Hudson Signs On As ‘American Idol’ Judge, Kelly Clarkson Close To Deal: Report

Jennifer Hudson is joining American Idol as a judge next season. E! News reports that “multiple sources confirm” the deal has been signed, making Hudson the first former contestant to return to the show in a judging capacity. FOX is wisely trying for an Idol alum theme to draw in once-loyal viewers after the massive ratings drop for season 12: as reported earlier this week, Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken are also in the running for the remaining two judging spots for season 13, and E! says Clarkson is close to inking a deal for one of those judges’ chairs.

FOX has yet to comment on the reports.

by Anonymousreply 3706/03/2013

That I'll watch.

by Anonymousreply 105/24/2013

Great, 2 more praise-everything ditzes.

"You're lovely. You're beautiful, bla bla bla."

by Anonymousreply 205/24/2013

Can Daughtry be far behind?

by Anonymousreply 305/24/2013

Well, her dead eyes helped kill Smash. Let's see if lightening strikes twice, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 405/24/2013

Daughtry is behind me at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2013

Sign me up!

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2013

So many contestants really have no talent. Who better to judge them than Taylor Hicks?

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2013

Hey, get me in and you will have the FRAU VOTE all sewn up!!!

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

Heh. Last time I went to Las Vegas there were Taylor Hicks billboards around town.

The show was only $30 and 2-for-1 tickets were everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

I think this would be a step backward for Kelly Clarkson. Her career has done the best out of all of the winners and being a judge on a reality show always seems like a move has-beens make to get back into the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2013

It's actually a really good idea for the show. I still don't think I'll watch, but it'd be a smart way to restore some of what it was. This latest judging panel was just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2013

Jennifer Hudson is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

What they need is a former contestant with a really big cock sitting at that judging table.

Elliott Yamin fills both qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2013

Didn't Kelly get fucked over by American Idols contract?

by Anonymousreply 1605/24/2013

XFactor and Idol been called on the Fox executive carpet re salaries, which makes you wonder if Seacrest is also on his way out.

by Anonymousreply 1705/24/2013

I hope they get Clay. He could be the "bitchy" one.

by Anonymousreply 1805/24/2013

I like the idea of Kelly & Jennifer, but then the other two slots can't be more Idol people.

by Anonymousreply 1905/24/2013

Fill Nikki McKibben with uppers and downers and let her be the new Paula Abdul.

by Anonymousreply 2005/24/2013

R11: Kelly Clarkson has already been a judge on a reality singing competition and she had a massive #1 hit (probably the biggest song of the year) right afterwards. She would hardly be hurt by going back to the show that made her a star -- a show which also happens to be the gold standard.

by Anonymousreply 2105/24/2013

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 2305/24/2013

I haven't watched AI for at least 3 years. Who is that bitch who won? Watched the finale and winner announcement...who is that twink in the background chewing on gum!? Haha.

by Anonymousreply 2405/28/2013

Wondering if anyone remembers a female contestant in one of the earlier seasons that was gay. I never watched that often but I remember hearing about an out lesbian contestant. I thought it was McPhee because I thought that the woman looked similar to her, tallish slender with dark hair.

by Anonymousreply 2605/29/2013

All these singing shows are soon going to run out of judges who are viable and big enough to bring in ratings.

If these shows eventually go off the air, it will not be due to contestants with no talent but rather because they've exhausted the pool of judges who are worth hiring and who will bring in the ratings. These stars negotiate ridiculously high salaries for a year--and once they make their millions, they're set for life with pocket change and then they quit the show.

by Anonymousreply 2705/29/2013

Reduced to being a mere judge on some talent show? I guess the Oscar didn't help her career after all.

by Anonymousreply 2805/29/2013

I can't think of anything else she's been in (besides weight watchers commercials).

by Anonymousreply 2905/29/2013

"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"...

One hit song does not make a career. And it was even Jennifer Hudson's song. It was Jennifer Holliday's song who did it better than anyone--the best there ever was.

by Anonymousreply 3005/29/2013

Kelly and Carrie have already said no.

by Anonymousreply 3105/29/2013

I wish Jimmy Iovine was the full time judge with a Clay or Adam and Jennifer. He's like Simon but with cred. That I'd watch. And I know Jennifer is sort of boring, but for some reason, I've always liked her and rooted for her.

by Anonymousreply 3205/29/2013

jimmy Iovine would make a horrible judge. He knows nothing about good singing. He's all about marketing and selling to the lowest common denominator. He needs to stay behind the scenes. I'd watch again if they got interesting and good singers from Idol seasons past as judges. It seems like a genius idea. Get Clay on there!

by Anonymousreply 3306/01/2013

R33 Completely agree. Look at the shitty acts signed to his label. They're all gimmicks and little talent.

by Anonymousreply 3406/01/2013

R5, you put me in mind of Cheri Oteri's Adele the Office Slut from SNL.

by Anonymousreply 3506/01/2013

[quote]One hit song does not make a career. And it was even Jennifer Hudson's song. It was Jennifer Holliday's song who did it better than anyone--the best there ever was.

Yeah, but Jennifer Hudson made it into a hit song.

by Anonymousreply 3606/01/2013

R36, no she didn't. Ms. holiday already made it a huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 3706/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!