Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cuomo: 'Shame On Us' If Anthony Weiner Is Elected Mayor Of New York City

Andrew Cuomo says it would be a "shame" if Anthony Weiner were elected mayor of New York City this November.

The New York governor, a Democrat, was talking to the editorial board of The Syracue Post Standard about term limits, which he opposes. Cuomo argued elections are the best way to determine then length of politicians' careers.

"So if Anthony Weiner wants to run for mayor, he can run for mayor," said Stephen A. Rogers, chairman of the Syracuse Media Group.

"He runs? He runs," said Cuomo.

"And if we elect him?" asked Rogers.

"Shame on us."

Hours before the interview with the Post Standard, a reporter asked Cuomo for his reaction to Weiner joining the mayoral race.

"None,” Cuomo said. ”No reaction. Look, my face didn’t move. No reaction.”

As The Daily News notes, Cuomo is probably tired of discussing another New York politician who resigned his office due to a scandal. On Monday, Assemblyman Vito Lopez resigned his seat amid accusations of sexual harassment.

Weiner-- who resigned his congressional seat in 2011 after sending a lewd photo over Twitter-- announced his campaign late Tuesday night with a video uploaded to YouTube. He made his first campaign appearance Thursday morning in Harlem.

The latest Quinnipiac poll has Weiner, who is running as a Democrat, polling at 15 percent, behind only Christine Quinn, who is polling at 25 percent.

49 percent of those polled also said they thought Weiner shouldn't run for mayor. Only 38 percent said he should run.

by Anonymousreply 5605/29/2013

why does he hate him (Weiner) so much?

Is that Quinn person going to win? Ugh.

No hope for de Blasio?

by Anonymousreply 105/24/2013

Today's Daily News cover - CUOMO SPANKS WEINER

The Post - CUOMO BEATS WEINER...THEN GOES LIMP Inside GOV TAKES STIFF POKE A WEINER.

Weiner has changed his website. Original background showed Pittsburgh skyline, now Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 205/24/2013

Anyone who's been involved with Sandra Lee for so many years has no understanding of the concept of "shame."

by Anonymousreply 305/24/2013

Yeah, we sure don't want some weirdo as the mayor of our fine, upstanding city.

by Anonymousreply 405/24/2013

If he could maintain that 15% and then ask his supporters to vote for deBlasio at primary time, then deBlasio might beat Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2013

Jesus. Liberals love to Fuck things up. We've spent 12 long years with this tyrant and we now have the chance to elect an actual liberal and we're going to throw it away. Cuomo just lost my support.

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2013

R6, Anthony Weiner is the one who threw away his good name in politics over the cheap thrill he got from sending random women dick-pics they didn't ask to see. He is the Twitter equivalent of a subway flasher in a raincoat and underpants.

What kind of elected official doesn't know better than to do that sort of thing?

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2013

He was a great congressman. He loved to trash Republicans. It would be good to have him back. So he sent pix of an underwear boner, big deal! His wife seems to have forgiven him. It is their business.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

[quote]So he sent pix of an underwear boner, big deal!

And he lied about it when caught and threatened questioning reporters with arrest. Do you really want him to have the power of the NYPD at his fingertips to arrest anyone who questions his lies?

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

r7 why are Republicans who are involved in sex scandals allowed to continue (and further pursue) higher office, while disgraced Democrats must never be heard and seen again? Democrats do not preach moral values and do not impose their values legislatively like their counterparts.

As long as the playing field is uneven, I hope Weiner is able to move past his scandal begin a new chapter in his political career.

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013

And Mark Sanford and David Vitter lied. They have the power to exact changes that will effect the entire country.

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2013

R6 your rationale comes down to, "But he's OUR psychopath!"

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2013

as if gay men don't have dick pics they send to random strangers. Are they all psychopaths, too?

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

R13, sending an unsolicited picture of your penis to a stranger is an example of psychopathic behavior.

Stop trying to make apologies for your father's abuse.

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

[quote]as if gay men don't have dick pics they send to random strangers

We aren't married US Congressmen with pregnant wives.

by Anonymousreply 1705/24/2013

I think people are willing to move on and forgive Weiner. After all, it's really between him and his wife. People are allowed to make mistakes and it's not like he was having affairs.

He might be a good addition to the race, given the field of candidates right now, none of whom really excite me too much.

by Anonymousreply 1905/24/2013

Cuomo is a right-wing "austerity" Wall Street whore himself, no wonder he wants Quinn elected. Heaven forfend an ACTUAL Democrat might run! Dick pic, everybody! Shame, shame, shame!

I hope Weiner wins and texts Cuomo a picture of his hole, live from the victory party.

by Anonymousreply 2005/24/2013

I'm more concerned about the shameful behavior in Albany, week after week, year after year.

by Anonymousreply 2105/24/2013

Kakistocracy = Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.

A vote for a former Congressman who resigned in disgrace is a vote for a kakistocracy.

by Anonymousreply 2205/25/2013

I don't support Republicans. But it may be a very good thing Mario Cuomo was unseated in the midterm elections of 1994 by George Pataki.

He's irrelevant but can latch onto his son Andrew who, by the way, will not be the Democratic presidential nominee in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 2305/25/2013

This thread just reinforces my conviction that anti-sexers should be killed. Shot on site for sport.

by Anonymousreply 2405/25/2013

[quote]I hope Weiner wins and texts Cuomo a picture of his hole, live from the victory party.

Ooh! Me too!

by Anonymousreply 2505/25/2013

Understand the majority viewpoint on this, but I'm with R7.

by Anonymousreply 2605/25/2013

The entire thing that happened to Weiner was bullshit. His behavior in the aftermath hurt him greatly, and he's too much of a joke to even consider running -- much like Joe Biden in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 2705/25/2013

[quote]They have the power to exact changes that will effect the entire country.

Or even to affect it!

by Anonymousreply 2905/25/2013

With Weiner, we can forgive, but it's hard to forget.

Weiner as mayor is rather embarrassing and inappropriate. Yes, he has to live his life and earn a living since he has a family and he's still relatively young. However, perhaps he needs to pursue a job that is less public and high profile.

by Anonymousreply 3005/25/2013

[quote]why are Republicans who are involved in sex scandals allowed to continue (and further pursue) higher office, while disgraced Democrats must never be heard and seen again?

Good question. Why don't you ask that dumb cunt Nancy Pelosi? When that married family-values senator from Louisiana was caught buying hookers repeatedly....not one peep from Nancy. When Weiner was caught sending a non-nude photo to some woman, Nancy repeatedly called for his ouster resulting in a repuke being elected in his place. Thanks you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3105/25/2013

R31. To answer your question, David Vittar, the disgraced, hooker-visiting senator from Louisiana was having 'normal' hetero dalliances. Weiner was having 'high-tech,' weird dalliances that didn't seem normal to basic, hooker-minded Repugs and their normal indescretions.

Plus, it's Weiner's name. Every time you say 'Weiner,' it lends itself to a joke. People don't take him seriously with a name like Weiner--sending out photos of his underwear-covered weiner.

by Anonymousreply 3205/25/2013

[quote] 'normal' hetero dalliances.

I don't think most people view diaper fetishes as "normal."

by Anonymousreply 3305/25/2013

I agree with R24. Big fucking deal. Clinton used Monica as a human humidor AND managed to be president just fine.

by Anonymousreply 3405/25/2013

[quote]So he sent pix of an underwear boner, big deal!

He also sent full frontal picks of his hard peen, and I have them.

They are out there and coming to "unofficial" internet attack ads very soon.

Both parties will be "outraged". Nobody will claim responsibility. And yet, people will send them to everyone they know.

He's about to be an even bigger national joke.

by Anonymousreply 3505/25/2013

I found out some things about Anthony Weiner that I don't like, but he WAS one of the best Democratic politicians out there and if all those worthless right wing dirtbags can get reelected, why shouldn't he?

by Anonymousreply 3605/25/2013

r10 nailed it. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 3705/26/2013

R10 did nail it.

And R28 -- who should be FF'd be everone -- gladly nailed himself/herself/itself.

by Anonymousreply 3805/26/2013

Weiner has a face made for radio and acts like a spoiled and entitled cunt half the time. Between Queen Cuntbag,Quinn and the Internet Flasher ,Weiner, the city looks like it will be in bad shape no matter who gets in. I hope that DiBlasio has a shot. He's not one tenth the scumbag that either Weener or Rosie O'Donell Quinn is.

What happened to his mentor Shmuck Schumer? Is he too busy hiding in the closet with his own scandals to comment on Weener?

I'm not a Cuomo fan at all but good for him. Weener should go away for awhile in the private sector and then mount a comeback. His dick flashing ways are too fresh in the mind of the public.

Someone mentioned, Pelosi. Pelosi comes from an old school political family and whoredom and cheating were very well known to her. BUT not internet flashing! That was too much for old granny. Having 4 whores blow you is fine BUT flashing women without consent is sexual harassment!

Is it true that Huma was Hilary's lover? She is quite a beautiful girl. I wonder if the whole Huma/Weiner pairing is the equivalent of the the Revolta/Preston marriage in Hollywood......

by Anonymousreply 3905/26/2013

I can't wait to see Weiner fail. He could have used his connections to get a great job and lay low but he's too damn full of himself for that. Don't lie to the public about your phone getting hacked and ask for my vote a-hole. You're not even smooth - at all.

It should be an interesting race. Weiner's a creep, DeBlasio's a bleeding heart, and Quinn is Bloomberg's lapdog. Given the choice, I'll take Quinn.

Bloomie is an annoying turd himself but he kept the city moving forward - Quinn will hopefully do the same. Cozy with developers? NY is a real estate city - being tight with big real estate is part and parcel of being a successful politician here.

I'm gonna have to hear something worse about Quinn than she's self a interested, greedy, cunty bitch to switch my vote, 'cause that's pretty much the definition of a politician.

I'll base my vote on who's going to leave the best version of NY behind when they're done. Bloomberg did okay. If Quinn can do that well, I'm fine with her other shortcomings.

Can't even consider Weiner because he flat out lied to the public and got caught red handed. Not a smart guy, obviously. And for all the people who love him because he constantly battled Republicans in DC, well being NY mayor has nothing to do with that - there are no Republicans here to battle so it's irrelevant and not a qualification for the job.

by Anonymousreply 4005/26/2013

Bloomberg sold New York out, r40, to the highest bidder! He ironed out what made this city interesting!

You and people like you are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 4105/26/2013

R40 Quinn treats her underlings like shit. She's a petty and vindictive woman. She has withheld monies from certain districts that do not thank her or do her bidding. In short she is a tyrant.I've had enough of King Bloomberg and I don't want another of his ilk around.

by Anonymousreply 4205/26/2013

I loved Weiner as a congressman. Love how he's a firebrand. Will likely vote for him in the primary. I don't care about his dick pics.

by Anonymousreply 4305/26/2013

if Anthony shows his weiner preferably hard and with a big warm cum load i would vote for him

by Anonymousreply 4405/26/2013

R40 isn't a liberal. I wonder if R40 is even gay.

by Anonymousreply 4505/26/2013

r40 is a freeper moron. Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 4605/26/2013

Weiner's toast unless Hillary comes through for him in a big way. And she's not going to use her political capital to help him. With his last name, no one will ever forget this incident either.

by Anonymousreply 4705/26/2013

I agree with R10.

I'm getting tired of Andrew Cuomo. He is demonstrably a very able politician, but he has a very unattractive personality, and he certainly is not the one to be pointing fingers at anyone for their personal life.

I remember Anthony Weiner as a very articulate, able Congressman. He definitely has a lot to contribute, and it isn't up to Andrew Cuomo to judge him or encourage continued penalties. Personally, I don't think Mayor of New York is a good office for Weiner. I can certainly see how Andrew Cuomo's ego wouldn't want to share a spotlight with someone as articulate and outspoken as Weiner.

I hope he runs for Congress again. He was an excellent congressman. If we have to look at Sanford in the Senate we can certainly deal with Weiner in the House.

BTW: WEHT those Senators involved in the "page boy scandals?"

by Anonymousreply 4805/26/2013

I wonder why Cuomo went from "No reaction." to "shame on us" in a matter of hours as the article suggests. He could have handled the question a little more deftly and said something like "And if he's elected, it means the people have spoken." It was a rather a low swipe for one Democrat to take on another, seemingly without need.

by Anonymousreply 4905/26/2013

Weiner is a moron. He will never be elected.

by Anonymousreply 5005/26/2013

[quote]Quinn treats her underlings like shit.

So does Weiner. He is known to scream and holler and even throw things at underlings who displease him in the slightest. He's the type who loves to fire people on the spot for the most minor infractions.

If you want a dink for Mayor, vote for Weiner.

by Anonymousreply 5105/26/2013

Does anyone think that Quinn is using Weiner? Like maybe a deal was struck with Weiner -- if he runs in the Democratic primary and siphons off voters from deBlasio and Thompson, then he will be welcomed back into the party about a year after Quinn wins the election.

by Anonymousreply 5205/29/2013

R40,

How [italic]brave[/italic] of you to admit you're a Republican who votes for "Whatever Is On Team Blue"!

by Anonymousreply 5305/29/2013

The fix is in. Wait and see: the Clintons will steal the election for that lipless lizard.

by Anonymousreply 5405/29/2013

[quote]Why don't you ask that dumb cunt Nancy Pelosi? When that married family-values senator from Louisiana was caught buying hookers repeatedly....not one peep from Nancy. When Weiner was caught sending a non-nude photo to some woman, Nancy repeatedly called for his ouster resulting in a repuke being elected in his place. Thanks you stupid cunt.

She's the worst thing that ever happened to the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 5505/29/2013

R8, great Congressman? He was a liberal firebrand for sure- but just about every person in DC (liberal Dem and Repub) could not stand him- neither could anyone who worked in his office. He did not pass or even contribute to the passing of one bill.

He was good at getting in the press bashing ridiculous Repubs. But it takes more than that to be an effective executive. Article in the NY Time last week basically stating he is lying about his accomplishments while a Conngressman (none despite his rhetoric.)

Christine Quinn is Polyanna next to him. I am leaning toward diBlasio.

Bloomberg seems to be hated on DL, but he has been a superb mayor. Post 9/11, less recession in NYC than the rest of the country- the city itself has never looked and operated better. His role in getting gay marriage rights in NY State.

by Anonymousreply 5605/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.