Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fuck Janet Jackson

She could barely sing and coasted along on the coattails of her brothers.

She's also fat.

True story.

by Anonymousreply 29307/09/2013

OP = Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2013

OP=LaToya

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2013

Lost all interest after about 1987...

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

I didn't know Janet Jackson was ever "a thing" in her own right. That tells you how well her legacy is going.

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013

I'm just sitting back LOLing about how some queen is so incensed by the beautiful and vivacious Janet Jackson's billionaire status that she had to make a thread titled "Fuck Janet Jackson". Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 1305/25/2013

[quote]In Black Cat, a song over 20 years ago, she didn't "belt out" anything. Just because the music's speeded up and louder doesn't mean she deviated from her range at all. There's still no high notes, or no long chords in that song.

Gurrrlll...you stoopid...

by Anonymousreply 1405/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 1505/25/2013

Black Pussy sucks, like most of her cheesy work. lol @ the non rock out faux heavy metal.

by Anonymousreply 1605/25/2013

Aer belting out Black Cat she had to back to whispering her songs because she busted a nut trying to actually sing.

by Anonymousreply 1705/25/2013

Did we ever figure out if she ate her Daughter?

by Anonymousreply 1805/25/2013

Lucky for the baby, she was a little underweight and Janet didn't eat her. She just abandoned her instead.

by Anonymousreply 1905/25/2013

Janbot 4000...program overload!

by Anonymousreply 2005/25/2013

Remember nipple gate to try and claw back some publicity? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 2105/25/2013

[quote]Janet is a dynamic live performer who will dance circles around any female past or present who dared step to her.

Which means what exactly? She still has no [italic]musical talent[/italic] whatsoever. Being a visual marketing based artist is such a thing to be proud of. If you like all dancing shows then good for you, but some of us like people with talent.

Oh and this is Janet dancing before Paula Abdul taught her fat ass how.

by Anonymousreply 2205/25/2013

And here "professional singer" Janet Hackson is sung under the table by the lovely late Dana Plato. Has she sung live since then?

by Anonymousreply 2305/25/2013

I thought the classic Janet period was pretty good to great - Control, Rhythm Nation, Janet, Velvet Rope. All great albums, great pop.

Yes, absolutely, it's an added bonus when pop stars can actually sign, and Janet was a pretty weak singer, but whatever Jam & Lewis did to get the songs recorded such that they sounded good on record was brilliant. Rhianna can't sing either, but clearly it hasn't hurt.

Classic Janet dance routines were hot.

I try to tell people that want to argue that Janet sings "live" that, beyond the fact that she simply doesn't because of voice quality/consistency issues, it's impossible to perform a difficult, physical dance routine and sing live.

So, no hate towards Janet. Loved her back in the day. But, yeah, not a great singer.

And, Lonely is better than Come Back to Me as a Rhythm Nation ballad.

by Anonymousreply 2405/25/2013

r24 yes Jam & Lewis disguised the vocalists limitations with production tricks. But luckily they also worked with real singers such as Alexander O'Neal (Hearsay is better than any Janet album) and the Sounds of Blackness. The Human League wanted to work with them because they could take any singer and make them sound great.

by Anonymousreply 2605/25/2013

And yet r27, she was the ONLY one of the Fame cast who did not sing live at that concert. Unlike Nia Peeples.

Still, don't let that stop you from admiring your hasbeen Queen with her long dead career's PAST achievements.

by Anonymousreply 3005/25/2013

She couldn't sing and she seems to be a huge liar.

by Anonymousreply 3205/25/2013

r2 Yes we're all mad for some bullshit second rate awards she won 25 years ago. Honestly the Janet fans must sit and read the Design of a Decade booklet (where she humbly filled it with lists of awards she won in the style of her brother) to find some validation.

r2 and r13 take your shitty gifs and drag queen "you mad" speak back to atrl.

by Anonymousreply 3405/25/2013

You know, for a person who isnt a fan of Janet's, you seem quite invested in this thread about her.

by Anonymousreply 3505/25/2013

As time goes by, and Music stars have faded into history, there is only one thing Janet will be remembered for...

by Anonymousreply 3905/25/2013

Judas Priest. The JanBots in here are like maggots in Cheryl's pussy.

And they stink just as bad as Janet's musical performances.

by Anonymousreply 4005/25/2013

r3 it's not just the whispering, it's the fact she's inaudible and has the worst diction of any singer.

It wasn't as bad in the early days but all she does is mumble and whisper incoherently. You can't make out a word the bitch is saying.

I'm shocked some of those were approved for release, especially for singles. Weak material is one thing but that also must have played a part in her downfall.

Not being able to decipher lyrics in songs is nothing new, but she takes it to extreme levels and is unintelligible, if you could actually hear her you might understand what it is she's saying.

Look at this one

by Anonymousreply 4105/25/2013

As I said at R24, i really liked her classic period material - at least on record. It was great pop. And, I loved the videos and dancing. But, I'll admit she's a very limited singer. Never saw her live.

Some advice for the Janbot. I guess it's admirable that you want to defend her, but seriously, have you been on DL long? You're not going to convince anyone of anything. Beyond perfectly legitimate criticisms of her singing, DL Janet detractors are simply going to be vicious just to get you riled up.

by Anonymousreply 4205/25/2013

Is it true that LaToya had to provide all vocals for the last eight tours?

by Anonymousreply 4305/25/2013

Her voice is pleasant, not strong or great, but I do love a lot of her songs and she can dance.

by Anonymousreply 4505/25/2013

"She`s also fat" says the fittest gay in the planet

what is she??? A model

by Anonymousreply 4705/25/2013

Here is a rare glimpse of her singing live on tour. Poor dear can't complete a single phrase of the song.

by Anonymousreply 4805/25/2013

Stick to lipping sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 4905/25/2013

I give Janet a lot of credit for releasing Rhythm Nation 1812. It was a great album and remarkable for it being a concept album in a time when Pop Artists were not making concept albums. I also give her credit for tackling and bringing awareness to social issues and for using a lot of the the success of the album to do charitable work. Which again, at the time, you didn't see that often.

Does she have a great voice? No, but who says she has to? If you don't like it, don't listen. But she can (or could) write a great pop song and she was a great performer.

I admittedly haven't liked much that she's done after The Velvet Rope.

by Anonymousreply 5005/25/2013

Oh, go and google it r38. The "oh, dear" shit isn't even applicable there.

by Anonymousreply 5105/25/2013

R50 gets it. RN is probably one of the most still-relevant pop albums from the '80s, particularly with the gun issues plaguing the nation--which was a major topic from that album.

R48/R49 is just further prooving himself to be a pathetic trolling queen. Go back to licking the Cheeto powder off of your fat fingers, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5205/25/2013

Cue Janbot posting the Rosie performance of that tuneless crap "I Get Lonely" as a retort, the cornerstone of any Janet can't sing argument.

r36 + r37 dead @ you of all people saying a thread lights up piss yellow. Whoop di fucking do. I don't even consider trolldar as it's obvious who I am in the thread.

And it wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes or even someone of your restricted intelligence to work out I was a fan of Janet - why else would I know about those obscure clips.

Like r24 I was a fan during the classic era. But she lost me with the abominable All for You and has destroyed her legacy so much and been so irrelevant over the past decade I'm now even starting to question the old good stuff.

Had you phrased your threads in a less obvious non-baity manner - in fact I'm convinced you're the alts of some of the "haters" to get discusion going as no one here gives a shit about her - then I might post nicer things about her. As it is..

And I'm not the one who paid $18 to street team some long forgotten starlet. You are the one so invested in the whispering relic. I'd love to know what else you post other than policing threads for mentions of Janet.

by Anonymousreply 5305/25/2013

Who's Janet Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 5405/25/2013

Don't know r54. i think she was a singer along time ago.

by Anonymousreply 5505/25/2013

Wasn't she the fitness model/actress who married Wayne Gretsky?

by Anonymousreply 5605/25/2013

She'd utterly given up dancing by the time the video in R41 was made. Sad given that the song is about dancing. How many quick cuts away from her not-dancing did that video have? Long, sad way down from the days of "If", when she was actually an above-average dancer. Shit vocalist, of course, then and always.

by Anonymousreply 5705/25/2013

Uh, I wouldn't post the video in R46 as a defense of Janet's singing. She has like four people backing her in that performance. It doesn't even sound like her voice is the loudest in the mix. What was she thinking?

by Anonymousreply 5805/25/2013

IF "Good Times" had been a motion picture, then MISS JANET JACKSON would have won the Oscar.

And THAT IS A FACT.

by Anonymousreply 5905/25/2013

It is hard to deny the fact that Janet wasn't much of a singer.

It is absolutely true that her vocal range is narrow, she always has to sing in the same key and under musical constraints, and because she lacked any formal vocal training you SEE and HEAR that she never takes a deep breath and as such, can never fully sustain vocal phrasing over two measures.

This is no professional vocal style or substance in the soft purrings of Janet Jackson's voice, and her gasping for air after a couple measures to recharge her lungs is annoying.

The dancing? Not much from what I can see. What I DO see are carefully orchestrated 4 or 5 movements after which there is a camera cut, an edit, another 4 or 5 movements, repeat for 3 minutes of a song.

When an unedited youtube of her dancing on stage during one of her concerts is seen, you can see view for yourself how carefully her videos were cut and managed because she merely runs back and forth on the stage in little hop-skippy Janet dance.

She's gone. She had her time in the hot white light but her audience moved on and forgot about her and her album sales plummeted, forcing her into early retirement by the two record labels that "let her go". It happens to the best of them: Neil Diamond, Joni Mitchell, lots of rock bands. Nothing lasts for ever. Let's just hope Janet enjoys her life in retirement and let it go.

by Anonymousreply 6005/25/2013

R49, that is a perfect example of how poor a singer Janet Jackson is. Thank you for supplying it.

by Anonymousreply 6105/25/2013

R29, well its very comforting to know that when all is said and done, Janet can still find employment in Japanese TV commercials even though her musical career is Kaput!

by Anonymousreply 6205/25/2013

I honestly think LaToya did a lot of singing on Janet's CDs. I think LaToya is like Toni Braxton's sister who did the heavy-lifting on all of Toni's CDs and now she's putting out her own music. Janet and LaToya have very different voices and if you listen to All Nite (Don't Stop) it sounds just like LaToya.

by Anonymousreply 6305/25/2013

LOL@ R34 LMFAO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6405/25/2013

r53, thank you for finally admitting you are a bitter former Janet fan. Explains a lot. You have been posting hate about Janet here for years. You should get therapy to deal with your problem with All For You since it clearly has compromised your mental health!

by Anonymousreply 6505/25/2013

R53, I'm betting you didn't receive very good grades in high school English. Am I correct? Your vocabulary is so limited and your sentence structure and usage is profoundly undeveloped.

by Anonymousreply 6605/25/2013

OP, what is wrong with you? So you don't think she's much of a singer- I don't either. But why the vitriol. Do you think you're funny, witty?

by Anonymousreply 6705/25/2013

I know right, R61? I think that microphone is rigged or something.

by Anonymousreply 6805/26/2013

I remember watching R49's clip when it first aired. While her singing is passable I was always amazed how her foundation was so thick it made her skin look like muppet.

by Anonymousreply 6905/26/2013

No, thank you. I don't do fatties.

by Anonymousreply 7005/26/2013

The opposite of love isn't hate, it is indifference. The fact that Janet brings out such strong emotions in people who are, poorly, throwing shade, means that Janet occupies a prominent place in their hearts and minds.

BTW, she had points in all of her films, and unlike some other singers who tried making films, Janet's movies were successful.

So let's recap. Successful and talented on multiple levels in several different areas. She has more money than Jesus. She's beautiful and sexy and is keeping it classy. She's a goddess and you all should bow to her greatness.

by Anonymousreply 7105/26/2013

I just watched a slew of performances by Miss J on YT from over the years and I see that all of them are the same and interchangeable - her Rhythm Nation dance is like Escapade dance is like Control dance and so on. She knew one thing and does it over and over again. Her look and wardrobe also pretty much runs the same line. Madonna at least has something fresh every time I see her do something. She also runs the gamut of theatre performance - she can be street, she can be modern dance, she can be sophisticate, she can be cabaret, etc, etc. She's pop theatre whereas JJ is just pop performer.

by Anonymousreply 7205/26/2013

Yeah bitches I'm sucking some prime A, thick, meaty and LONG, BILLIONAIRE dick.

Don't be made mutherfuckers...

And may Allah bless you

by Anonymousreply 7305/26/2013

R71, you forgot to mention she has an ass like a shelf which is why she is always photographed in the Omni-present black outfits. She's a porker, all right. Sooo-EEEE!

by Anonymousreply 7405/26/2013

R72

I disagree. I don't think that her dance routines from the Control album were exactly the same as in Rhythm Nation. And even if they're similar, it was all within a 2-3 year period of time. Styles and artists don't tend to change that drastically in that short a period of time.

I will say that you made me realize that I have to give her credit for making a huge jump in her maturity as an artist. I didn't realize (or forgot) that Control and Rhythm Nation were released about 3 years apart. It was a big progression from Control, showed a lot of maturity that most other artists don't have within the same time period.

Additionally, I'll give her credit for taking that leap when she didn't have to. Most other artists would have taken the easy way out and made another album exactly identical to Control, in order to match the success. Most probably expected her to do that and she didn't.

That being said, I think most of her stuff after Rhythm Nation regressed. I found that unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 7505/26/2013

To me she just sort of plateaued. Had a good run, like a Taylor Dayne. Stayed a little past her due date, had a few good small roles in movies but never did anything really remarkable and looks like a has been compared to Jennifer Lopez who is at the top of her game, or Madonna who still sells out world tours and still can create a media frenzy wherever she goes. Oh, and Janet isn't that bright either.

by Anonymousreply 7605/26/2013

[quote]You have been posting hate about Janet here for years.

Hardly. I haven't been at DL that long, it was a recent discovery.

What you meant to say is you've been posting deluded crap about a talentless hasbeen and people have been calling you out with appropriate vitriol.

You still haven't answered why you paid the £18 btw. :) Suppose since there are no Janet CDs to buy.

Even the looniest of Janet fans have accepted she had a good run and is over. You're the only one who still cares, posting about her in inappropriate threads and bringing her up whenever not necessary. I'm sure even Janet herself would be embarrassed by you and has out a restraining order.

[quote]You should get therapy to deal with your problem with All For You since it clearly has compromised your mental health!

lol @ you of all people talking about mental health, there is no one on here more insane than you. I'm convinced it's all an act, no one can be that stupid.

And yes, those spontaneous interludes (which she didn't even write) about her gaping cavernous hole are enough to scar anyone.

*tappity tap*

by Anonymousreply 7705/26/2013

^ $18 of course.

by Anonymousreply 7805/26/2013

If Janet hadn't been from a famous family and related to MJ, she'd be working in a McDonalds somewhere in Compton asking, "You want fries with that?" That or hooking for crack.

by Anonymousreply 7905/26/2013

r66 It just gets worse. I'm being lectured by someone, an intellectual fan of the oh so deep Janet fucking Jackson no less, who posts nonsensical non sequitur gifs and pictures, not even in correct language, as a substitute for wit. Then has the temerity to talk about grammar, while doing posts in fragments and not joined up sentences. You are beyond all hope.

But still, Janet inspires illiterate retards the world over so maybe you too could get an education as well if you listen to Janet's profound Dylan-esque lyrics hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 8005/26/2013

[quote]The opposite of love isn't hate, it is indifference. The fact that Janet brings out such strong emotions in people who are, poorly, throwing shade, means that Janet occupies a prominent place in their hearts and minds.

Er, no. You as the troll and instigator of these threads - including OP's as his was frustration with your incessant spamming here - would know that isn't the case. We are indifferent here, you're the only one bringing her up all the time.

As stated before NO ONE here gives a shit about this 80s/90s relic except you. The only replies you're getting is from people fed up specifically from hearing about your crap and constant threads, so therefore you will always get a hostile response. And you wouldn't have it any other way going by how you phrase threads and word your replies. If you are sincere which I doubt, you're completely irrational and unreasonable, unwilling to listen to other sides.

Were there ONE big nostalgia thread about her, perhaps people wouldn't mind. As of NOW no one curr, she is in the past. Three flop albums in a row and you're out, coupled with a dwindling interest in her career and she's a goner. If she doesn't care about her music why should you?

by Anonymousreply 8105/26/2013

It's not Janet who annoys me as much as the freakish JanBots who constantly sprout off the tired statistics about her record sales and meaningless AMAs and Billboard awards (NOT a monitor of true singing talent), and constantly call her "diva" this and "diva" that. They need to be put in front of a firing squad. Some of her music is quite danceable, but the reality is that she DOES have a weak voice and cannot really sing. But the JanBots - spray them with pesticides.

by Anonymousreply 8205/26/2013

R81 nails it. R82 nails it again.

Those are the exact reasons why I started this thread.

Seems a lot of us feel the same way too.

by Anonymousreply 8305/26/2013

Janet has done a lot for AIDS and has always one of the gay communities biggest supporters. Figures the queens on here would tear her apart. But that seems to be the common element amongst fans of a certain entertainer.

I don't get it. Is it racism? Plain bitterness because Janet had the common sense to realize that her best days were long behind her and retired gracefully (unlike others)?

by Anonymousreply 8405/26/2013

R84.

See posts R81 R82 and R83.

by Anonymousreply 8505/26/2013

Some of us are black.

by Anonymousreply 8605/26/2013

And?

by Anonymousreply 8705/26/2013

Some of us are white and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 8805/26/2013

[quote]As stated before NO ONE here gives a shit about this 80s/90s relic except you.

Well that isn't exactly true. You do give a shit, and so does OP... because you both felt the need to either comment or start a thread about her. It's not liking you, but it's you giving a shit.

Is Janbot annoying? Of course. Does Janbot get off on getting people like you to respond? Of course.

You bitches both come off as angry cunts, so settle down, there's plenty to go around.

by Anonymousreply 8905/26/2013

Can't sing. Sure. (Though, as I said earlier, the classic albums were till great).

Fat. Sometimes (usually? Often?)

But, she didn't coast on her brothers' coattails. She become popular very early and was completely self sustaining. People weren't buying Control, RN, Janet and Velvet Rope because she was MJ's sister or the Jackson 5's sister.

by Anonymousreply 9005/26/2013

R90

I'd have to agree with:

[quote]People weren't buying Control, RN, Janet and Velvet Rope because she was MJ's sister or the Jackson 5's sister.

She didn't become successful riding on the coat tails of her brother. You can't build a career that way, although I'm sure Reebie, LaToya, and Jermaine would have loved for that to have been true. Didn't really work out so well for any of them, did it?

by Anonymousreply 9105/26/2013

Rebbie took in the child Janet didn't want and raised her. The daughter is deeply traumatized by the abandonment, but Rebbie got paid well by Janet for taking on her castoff, unwanted daughter.

by Anonymousreply 9205/26/2013

[quote]You do give a shit, and so does OP... because you both felt the need to either comment or start a thread about her. It's not liking you, but it's you giving a shit.

But equally as said if he didn't keep (constantly) creating threads and annoying people with his obnoxious ways - there are fans and then are super in denial stans - we wouldn't reply or post about her at all.

Despite his insistence to the contrary Janet no longer occupies our thoughts. It's 2013, not 1993. She done, there's a new generation out there. If his goal is to make sure we haven't forgotten her, then mission accomplished - but NOT in a good way at all.

You are right though, we shouldn't feed the troll.

by Anonymousreply 9305/26/2013

[quote]Some of us are black.

Now this is something I never got. Of all the amazing talented black musicians and singers to choose from (most of the time much more so than their white counterparts), they'd back THIS nonentity? With the self-loathing overdone plastic thimble nose and non existent voice. Fake bitch from the fake lying Jackson family and they/MJ are always the butt of jokes by black comedians.

Someone on here said about Janet "let black people have their Madonna". Why would they even want that anyway? There are plenty of black females with an attitude. This whitewashed charisma free baby voiced bitch ain't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 9405/26/2013

[quote]Janet has done a lot for AIDS and has always one of the gay communities biggest supporters.

Only when it suited her. She waited till well into the PC era of the 90s when it had become OK to say that. I don't recall anything about AIDS or homophobia on Rhythm Nation when it was even more relevant. Liz Taylor she ain't.

[quote]She didn't become successful riding on the coat tails of her brother. You can't build a career that way, although I'm sure Reebie, LaToya, and Jermaine would have loved for that to have been true. Didn't really work out so well for any of them, did it?

It was hilarious when she tried to drop her last name, it just wouldn't work.. not as if she's called Tina or Cher.

Funny how she and Michael had the most ordinary names of the bunch. There must be tons of people called Michael and Janet Jackson around the world. Yet the others had the more unique names: La Toya, Rebbie, Tito etc.

by Anonymousreply 9505/26/2013

Janet fired the openly gay dancers in her troupe right before the beginning of the Rhythm Nation tour because she was concerned about HIV.

by Anonymousreply 9605/26/2013

didnt she die from eating a ham sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 9705/26/2013

If only..

by Anonymousreply 9805/26/2013

World Press goes BERSERK for Madonna at otherwise ho-hum Billboard Awards backstage.

Scroll down.

by Anonymousreply 9905/26/2013

[quote]Janet fired the openly gay dancers in her troupe right before the beginning of the Rhythm Nation tour because she was concerned about HIV

The devil is a liar!!!

by Anonymousreply 10005/26/2013

Janet demanded Tupac take an aids test before the filming of poetic justice. She thought you could get aids just from being around someone. What a dumb muslim cunt!

by Anonymousreply 10105/26/2013

R80 says, ".. and not joined up sentences."

This, in a critique of someone ELSE's grammar and writing ability.

Oh, Dear....

by Anonymousreply 10205/26/2013

Fuck Janet Jackson!

Everyone else already has!

by Anonymousreply 10305/27/2013

I don't want to fuck pigs!

by Anonymousreply 10405/27/2013

The AIDS test demand was a little surprising from her. Even more surprising that Tupac was honest about it.

Is it true that she claimed that one of her songs was dedicated to Tupac after he died?

by Anonymousreply 10505/27/2013

Did she kill him, too?

by Anonymousreply 10605/27/2013

I just read R80, and had to laugh at this: "listen to Janet's profound Dylan-esque lyrics".

LOLOL! No doubt JANBOT means Bob Dylan and not the poet Dylan. But of course the distinction is way over her head.

by Anonymousreply 10705/27/2013

And now Variety is reporting that she's a whore.

by Anonymousreply 10805/27/2013

"Oh, dear" indeed r102. If you, you know, READ the post you'd see I was responding to him critiquing me.

How about you actually tell people the mistake they made rather than being a pointless smug waste of bandwidth.

I never professed to have perfect grammar or punctuation but at least I'm not an irritant who contributes nothing here. Correcting simple typos may make your OCD day run smoothly but it's bloody tedious for the rest of us. I'm surprised you held back from correcting the British English spelling "mistakes".

Just so you know, everyone here hates your motherfucking guts, even more so than Janbot. Die in a hotel fire you lifeless autistic piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 10905/27/2013

[quote]LOLOL! No doubt JANBOT means Bob Dylan and not the poet Dylan. But of course the distinction is way over her head.

Are you a bit SIMPLE or something? What gave you the impression I was Janbot? Time for you to stay behind again at your remedial reading class. I'm not even sure who this post is supposed to be aimed at.

Since the thread is about MUSIC (well, Janet Jackson anyway) and the context of the sentence clearly said LYRICS, I think those with even the slightest grasp of English would infer I meant Bob Dylan, who whilst also a poet works in the medium of music.

Only those with the most marginal of IQs and greatest dearth of musical knowledge could possibly have thought of the "distinction" between him and the poet. I wasn't aware that Dylan Thomas wrote song lyrics, you learn something new every day.

by Anonymousreply 11005/27/2013

Janet hates gay people, all of her lip service aside.

by Anonymousreply 11105/27/2013

[quote]Janet hates gay people, all of her lip service aside.

Yup, which is why she had so much girl on girl action when she was married to Rene.

by Anonymousreply 11205/27/2013

[quote]She's gone. She had her time in the hot white light but her audience moved on and forgot about her and her album sales plummeted, forcing her into early retirement by the two record labels that "let her go"

Well this should win STUPIDEST COMMENT OF THE MONTH. Janet was not "let go" from any record label. She fulfilled her landmark Virgin contract, and she ASKED TO BE LET OUT OF HER SHITTY DEF JAM DEAL. But not before, of course, giving them a #1 album. Just because you were fired from your gig at Denny's last month...

[quote]When an unedited youtube of her dancing on stage during one of her concerts is seen, you can see view for yourself how carefully her videos were cut and managed because she merely runs back and forth on the stage in little hop-skippy Janet dance

More stupidity. Little hop-skippy Janet dance? What the fuck were YOU watching?? Janet Jackson can dance, and was the best dancer in her generation of female pop stars, hence the reason Ciara, Britney, Aaliyah, TLC, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce and many other later pop divas have consistantly praised her and given proper respect.

by Anonymousreply 11305/27/2013

[quote]I honestly think LaToya did a lot of singing on Janet's CDs. I think LaToya is like Toni Braxton's sister who did the heavy-lifting on all of Toni's CDs and now she's putting out her own music. Janet and LaToya have very different voices and if you listen to All Nite (Don't Stop) it sounds just like LaToya.

Well if you aren't a pure damn idiot. Janet used to do backup on LaToilet's albums in the early '80s, and both women sang the "Na Na Nas" on Michael's song "P.Y.T.", but LaToilet NEVER sang on a Janet album.

Janet sang backup with Musical Youth on LaToilet's "Heart Don't Lie"

by Anonymousreply 11405/27/2013

[quote][R53], thank you for finally admitting you are a bitter former Janet fan. Explains a lot. You have been posting hate about Janet here for years. You should get therapy to deal with your problem with All For You since it clearly has compromised your mental health!

My sentiments exactly. Homie got issues. It's people like that thing that make me afraid for not only Janet's safety, but for any celeb who has a former-fan-turned-loony-toon.

by Anonymousreply 11505/27/2013

[quote]So let's recap. Successful and talented on multiple levels in several different areas. She has more money than Jesus. She's beautiful and sexy and is keeping it classy. She's a goddess and you all should bow to her greatness

Truer words have never been spoken

by Anonymousreply 11605/27/2013

[quote]I just watched a slew of performances by Miss J on YT from over the years and I see that all of them are the same and interchangeable - her Rhythm Nation dance is like Escapade dance is like Control dance and so on.

Um, are you blind? The Control-era choreography had a more feminine, balletic slant given that Paula Abdul created most of it. Barry Lather did the legendary Pleasure Principle routine, which was a foreshadowing of the militant, precise dance moves that came during the Rhythm Nation era--which were a far cry from the earlier Control Stuff. The janet. era became even more feminine and sexual with the stuff she co-choreographed with Tina Landon.

by Anonymousreply 11705/27/2013

[quote]To me she just sort of plateaued. Had a good run, like a Taylor Dayne. Stayed a little past her due date, had a few good small roles in movies but never did anything really remarkable and looks like a has been compared to Jennifer Lopez who is at the top of her game

Another moron about to get schooled.

Had a good run like Taylor Dayne? You dumb bitch. To even put Janet in the same league as a Taylor Dayne--a woman whose own debut album (along with a slew of other women like Nia Peeples, Vanessa Williams, Pebbles, Karyn White, Paula Abdul) was only made possible due to the rousing success of "Control"--is just ludicrous. Whenever you flip on the TV and see Britney and Rihanna's personal and performing style, it's Janet's legacy that you are seeing. Whenever J-Lo has a dance breakdown in her video, or Ciara coos seductively over melodic beats, or Beyonce incorporates a militant routine in a performance, it is Janet that they are imitating.

And what the fuck is this "due date"? Janet is an icon with a slew of awards and a rack of hit albums, singles, tours and groundbreaking videos under her belt. She became a superstar in 1986 at the age of 19, and to this day is still regarded as one of the pioneers and waymakers for the Beyonces, the Britneys, the Ciaras, etc. And for you to mention her former employee Jennifer Lopez in the same breath as her is just...ugh...

by Anonymousreply 11805/27/2013

Well let me offer up a nice, big, juicy FAIL to the former Janet fan AKA R77, R80 and R81.

Girl, you bring new meaning to the words mentally deficient. I know your panites are in a wad thinking the person you addressed in those posts is MOI, but, alas, that person isn't me. The next time someone checks your stupid ass for your even stupider comments, please take the time to trolldar them before you come at them incorrectly. There are more than one of us in here who are a part of the Rhythm Nation. It's too bad that Janet turned you down for an autograph, or ran over your poodle, or whatever the hell happened that turned you from a fan to a certifiable creep/weirdo/hater/nut/loser, but...well...DEAL, honey. Life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 11905/27/2013

R113, you are mistaken. Janet was "let go" from her two last record labels because her albums did not sell. The labels paid a fortune for her betting that they could make money off of her, it was a bad bet because she was already passé and joined Jodie Whately in the graveyard of music history.

You say she asked to get out of her label. Asked to get out of her label and remain unemployed for these past 7 years? Asked to get fired and remove herself from the music scene, from income, from fame? If that sounds reasonable to you, you truly are psychotic.

She was fired, short and simple, and NO OTHER RECORD LABEL PICKED HER UP!! This happens a lot in music, and it happened to her. On the other hand, Madonna IS STILL CREATING!

by Anonymousreply 12005/27/2013

Um, no, dumbo @ R120. Janet's landmark record signing in 1996 was for four albums. 1997's "The Velvet Rope" was her fourth consecutive #1 album, and it went multi-platinum worldwide. 2001's "All For You" gave her her biggest first-week sales ever, and was the biggest first week seller for a female at the time. "Damita Jo" and "20 YO" weren't the big sellers like the previous two albums (because of the Super Bowl blacklisting and backlash, mostly), but they still did platinum business worldwide. After those four albums, her Virgin contract was FULLFILLED. I don't know what it will take for you to comprehend this fact. Perhaps you're just willfully dumb.

As for Def Jam, well, they didn't have her best interest at heart from the beginning. They put out a different single than she wanted for the second single, stopped promo on "Discipline" and LA Reid basically treated her like crap--hence her wanting out of the deal. But, like I said, not before giving them a #1 album (her sixth in all).

As for her "removing her self from the music scene, fame, etc.", well, not everybody thrives on being famous like that skeletal mummy you mentioned named MANdonna. Janet Jackson has been famous since she was a child. She grew up in the industry, and never "needed" the attention and admiration like your Madonnas and your JLOs. It's sad that women like them, in their 40s and 50s, dress like harlots and prance around with men who are barely old enough to drink in order to stay relevant. Janet is SO above it all.

And don't worry about her income, sweetie. Janet has always had her fortune in check. She didn't make Forbes's list of the richest women in entertainment for nothing. And she's now a billionaire, so...

by Anonymousreply 12105/27/2013

[quote]Janet fired the openly gay dancers in her troupe right before the beginning of the Rhythm Nation tour because she was concerned about HIV

Really? Then why exactly is it that gay male dancers Terry Bixler, Anthony Thomas, Art Palmer and Levelle Smith were a part of her RN tour dance troupe throughout the ENTIRE RUN of that era?

by Anonymousreply 12205/28/2013

I could have sworn I remember she was let go, as well.

by Anonymousreply 12305/28/2013

Nope, R123. One contract was fullfilled, and the other she wanted out and was let out. LA Reid even remarked on how she wanted out. They obliged.

by Anonymousreply 12405/28/2013

[quote]tired statistics about her record sales and meaningless AMAs and Billboard awards

Not tired, sweetheart, just truth. She was the first female to have 5 consecutive #1 albums. She was the first female to have an album debut at #1 in the SoundScan era. She's the only singer to have 7 top 5 singles from one album, and 3 #1 singles in 3 separated calendar years from the same album. Her first week sales for "All For You" were the highest ever for a female at the time. As for the Billboard Awards, well, she has more than any artist in history. Billboard IS the music industry. Her 33 awards, and all of her record achievements just prove her imprint on pop music. Meaningless? Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 12505/28/2013

[quote]Janet has done a lot for AIDS and has always one of the gay communities biggest supporters.

Truth. She has consistantly been noted and awarded for her contributions to AIDS charities, works with amfAR, the dedication of her worldwide smash single "Together Again" to her friends that died from the disease, and for shining a positive light on the LGBT community through her music. Whether it's receiving an honor from GLAAD or making an "It Gets Better" video, she has been a constant friend to the gay community. She's a fucking hero.

by Anonymousreply 12605/28/2013

From Janet's own Wiki page regarding the lackluster sales of her last two albums and last two labels. Note "disappointing performance" in this next paragraph:

"The album's lead single "Call on Me", a duet with rapper Nelly, peaked at number twenty-five on the Hot 100.[19] 20 Y.O. was certified platinum by the RIAA and sold 679,000 copies in the U.S. and 1.2 million worldwide.[20][126][127] Billboard magazine reported the release of 20 Y.O. satisfied Jackson's contract with Virgin Records; Jermaine Dupri, who co-produced 20 Y.O., left his position as head of urban music at Virgin following the "disappointing performance" of Jackson's album."

It is the beginning of the end of Janet's career. She is "let go" from her giant contract and has to sign with a smaller label. Her album with this label is poorly received:

"In July 2007, Jackson changed labels and signed a record contract with Island Records. Her tenth studio album, Discipline, was released in February 2008. Margeaux Watson of Entertainment Weekly remarked, "her boy-crazy lyrics—which often sound like the cheesy text messages of a lovesick adolescent—certainly lack the flavor needed to put this once-celebrated pop star back on top of critics' lists."[134] Andy Kellman of Allmusic expressed: "Janet probably won't hit that late-'80s peak again." Her single, "Feedback", peaked at number nineteen on the Hot 100.I

n September 2008, she and her record label "parted ways" through mutual agreement. In the fourteen months she was associated with Island, her record had sold 449,000 copies and did not receive RIAA certification."

********* This is how careers crater out. Low album sales, frantic search for new labels, lower sales, unfortunate reviews and then finally, banishment from the musical scene. There is no shame in this arc, it happens to nearly everyone. Everyone, of course, but Madonna and her 30 year career and billion dollars.

That's all, JANBOT

by Anonymousreply 12705/28/2013

How cute, R127, that you went to Janet's Wikipedia page and researched your little heart out just to post some bits and pieces of a whole that don't pan out to what you want to disperse as truth. If anything, you seem more pressed about QUEEN BILLIONAIRE JANET with every one of your posts.

THE TRUTH

Janet Jackson did not get fired from either record company. Jermaine Dupri left Virgin Urban on his own accord. As you posted, moron, Janet's contract was FULLFILLED after 20 YO. Also, she parted ways with Def Jam because they didn't treat her properly. In nothing you posted did it say she was fired.

As for flop albums, well, you need to look at the disaster that was MDNA, because that shitty record fell so hard from the charts that it still holds the distinction of being the fastest-plummeting album in history. HAGdonna cheated to wrestle the top spot from Lionel Ritchie, but karma got her by seeing that her crappy album tanked, and tanked HARD. Janet's Discipline didn't even fall THAT fast.

by Anonymousreply 12805/28/2013

Janet was fired from 2 recording labels and never hired again. She remains, to this day, unemployed as an artist.

Jermaine Dupri was fired from Virgin immediately after the Jackson disaster because he hired Jackson, bet a fortune of the company's money on her, and received a half-million dollar Jackson album with shitty reviews----and this was YEARS before downloading songs ever existed, so it was triply bad news.

No evidence is given, naturally, as to why you feel Madonna cheated in her MDNA sales numbers. I bought a ticket to her concert and bought the CD at the same time, that is cheating? Her MDNA album was the 12th largest seller in America, 1.6 million in the world, is that bad? What did Janet sell?--100 downloads of Escapade???

If I spend a moment to search for accurate facts to rebuke your audacious claims about Janet Jackson and "THAT person is afraid and jealous of THAT person" and other 6th grade language, it is because I feel a duty to the reader to present verifiable facts against your blustery blunders.

Janet is dead and gone. No one, no one at all, gives a flying fuck about her. Enjoy your Escapade into fantasyland, Janbot.

by Anonymousreply 12905/28/2013

I thought I'd post to remind everyone that Janet is a fat bitch, her head is shaped like cantaloupe, and her pussy smells like month old shrimp. Paris should have cunt punted her during their altercation.

by Anonymousreply 13005/28/2013

[quote]Janet is dead and gone. No one, no one at all, gives a flying fuck about her.

Ha! Dead? Surely you jest! Tell that to all the current pop acts who constantly give her props, all while copying her style, covering her tunes in concert, mentioning her in interviews and admitting that she was the one who paved the way for them. Janet is the archetype for most of the acts ruling the charts today. The only one living in a fucking fantasy land is you.

by Anonymousreply 13105/28/2013

[quote]DEAL, honey. Life goes on.

Oh the irony. And sweetie, some of us just grow up and grow out of our teen pop phase and develop taste. She aka Jam & Lewis never bettered the Control singles, nearly 30 years ago.

Oh and bitch don't you dare try and copy the lovely Streep troll with "that's all" sign offs. He loathes Janet and made mincemeat of you in several threads. At least he has some working neurones and isn't stanning for some talentless irrelevancy.

[quote]My sentiments exactly. Homie got issues. It's people like that thing that make me afraid for not only Janet's safety, but for any celeb who has a former-fan-turned-loony-toon.

Another MENSA candidate. How long you been here? Ever heard of someone called Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 13205/31/2013

One thing I'll never forget about Janet...someone ask, are you close to Michael and his children? She answered, "yes". Have you met Blanket? "No." At the time, Blanket was over a year old and Janet lived about two hours away.

How sick is that? Is that a close family? The Jackson family is about as fucked up as a family can get.

When Prince was a little 5 year old boy, Michael dyed his hair blond...it's just weird. At that point, Katherine should have taken a broom handle to Michael's head...any GOOD mother would...

by Anonymousreply 13305/31/2013

r133, Michael went through many periods when he completely shut out Janet and the rest of his family.

And they are both world icons of entertainment. Its not as if they actually dwell for long periods in the properties they had two hours away from each other. Michael spent years outside of the United States in the late 90s and 2000s. Sometimes he was so broke that he ended up hiding his family with wealthy foreigners that protected himself and the kids from the media.

by Anonymousreply 13405/31/2013

Thank you, R134. Envious dickheads like R133 know nothing of what they speak. Janet Jackson is not like your average aunt who spends her days clipping coupons and flipping through various soaps on TV. She's a world-class icon. So was her brother. Two busy entertainers don't often bump into each other. And Michael kept those kids so shrouded in secrecy that no one knew where they were except him most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 13505/31/2013

R132 is a dickhead, too.

by Anonymousreply 13605/31/2013

Please. As far as I know, Janet never even raised her own kid. Was married for 8 years and never bothered to mention it. She's a sick woman...just as sick and self involved as the rest of them. That family is about money and even though they have plenty of money....that's all they think about.

by Anonymousreply 13705/31/2013

[quote]Janet never even raised her own kid. Was married for 8 years and never bothered to mention it

This statement [italic]alone[/italic] makes your entire post null and void.

by Anonymousreply 13805/31/2013

Who is richer? Janet or j ho? I hate them both.

by Anonymousreply 13905/31/2013

r137 = El Debarge, counting the days until his 20 kids turn 18!

by Anonymousreply 14005/31/2013

Oh please, R139. Janet by a mile. At one point, Jennifer Lopez was Janet's dancer. She later went on to find her own success, but it was Janet's "Pleasure Principle" video that inspired her to get into show business in the first place.

By the way, how can you "hate" these women when you've never even met them? Is that a sickness?

by Anonymousreply 14105/31/2013

Janbot, do you think janet shaves her pussy?

by Anonymousreply 14205/31/2013

She might as well R142. She's probably bored to death, what with no career and cooped up in a harem.

by Anonymousreply 14305/31/2013

I wouldn't take J-Lo's word as gospel. No one influenced her to get into show business, unless you count money.

by Anonymousreply 14405/31/2013

R129 I DOUBT Janet or Madonna is worried about your comment. You must be great to talk with during dinner.

by Anonymousreply 14505/31/2013

R134, would it bust your balls, would it be so difficult to cite your source in your incredible malarkey about the Jackson family?

by Anonymousreply 14606/01/2013

R124. I am so confused here as a reader and sometimes commentator, with all of these accusations and recriminations and such.

First off, I think there is only 1 Janbot here, and several Madbots. I think the GagaBot fell off the chart.

R124, we understand that you have a PARADE of facts, yes FACTS, about Janet. She did well, yes she did. But it was 25 years ago, yes it was. And what I DON'T understand, is why I keep reading that Janet had the biggest--and I'm trying my memory here--the biggest first tour of any initial songstress.

What does that mean?

She went to more cities? Spent her life on the road for a year? What does it mean? I read that, and I'm confused here, that U2 or the Stones did much better only because they played more venues that year. My point is that your suggestion that Janet broke some kind of sound barrier is meaningless. She did not, it seems she merely worked her heart out for an entire year in multiple venues for that well deserved reward and acknowledgement.

She did good, Janbot, she did. Someone had to take a very expensive chance and book ALL of those venues for Janet in the belief she would fill the stadiums---and the bed paid off. She did fill them. (Continued)

by Anonymousreply 14706/01/2013

(cont)

But Janbot, time went on. Music changed. Her audience became older and maybe distracted from not only her music, but music in general, unlike you. It happens with college graduation, jobs, and family.

If you asked me who replaced Janet, I wouldn't be able to answer you because I was one of those people who graduated, became distracted from music with my profession and then my family. My life followed a natural progression.

I don't know as much about Janet as you, Janbot. I recall Escapade, and earlier than that one of her first songs the video of which had her skipping through a little village. I liked that one a lot. And when she came out with..(I have to type the lyrics here, not recalling the song title): "And when I feel you all around me baby, I'll never forget my baby. There are times when I look above, there are times when I feel you..." That song. I attached it to Ememorial of my dead partner in 2011, I loved that song so much.

But what is the point of this endless barrage of insults to Janet, Madonna and GaGa? Yes, Janet has moved on to beautiful new place in life with her new husband---and making records doesn't seem to be part of her plan anymore. She's accomplished that.

Madonna at 54? Should we begrudge the tick-tock of time? Aging is regrettable but inevitable. Our young gay friends here have already sensed that. And GaGa? Well, I have to spend more time listening to her music. She is new and I can only hum 4 songs, but I like the key changes in Telephone.

So boys and girls, elders and young studs reading this---do you think we can put all this bullshit aside?--This Janet, Madonna, GaGa thing? Maybe we need to invent a word that, when we see this shit again, can be posted. A brand new word posted as an epithet against ageism, racism,....I'm out of isms. But generally and specific to this Madonna, Janet, GaGa war we have going.

If we find a word, and post it, it will bring the level of hate down.

My prayers to all of us. Let's talk.

by Anonymousreply 14806/01/2013

Unleashing JLo onto the world was the worst thing Janet ever did.

by Anonymousreply 14906/01/2013

Abandoning her daughter was the worst thing Janet Jackson ever did. JLo is a distant second to that monstrous act.

by Anonymousreply 15006/01/2013

R150,

Please show me the reciepts.

You have none? That's what I thought boo.

by Anonymousreply 15106/01/2013

Why can't that entire crazy ass family just disappear. Please!

by Anonymousreply 15206/01/2013

Janet sent out a publicity thing saying she was working on an album with Virgin, and Virgin came out and said they don't know anything about it. LOLOL

by Anonymousreply 15307/03/2013

Why are the VadgeStanBots coming for Janet? Janet at least looks good. Vadge has to wear gloves to cover up those man hands.

by Anonymousreply 15407/03/2013

we've seen Janet's fat naked ass here, buddy, talk to the wall.

by Anonymousreply 15507/03/2013

yes because this looks good...

by Anonymousreply 15607/03/2013

I think Janet has never looked more lovely than when she slimmed down for Velvet Rope

by Anonymousreply 15707/03/2013

My god, Janbot must be a cystal meth addict the way she keeps going and going and going.

Honey, you can keep bagging on Madonna all you want but here's the simple truth: People still care. Yes, her album sales are not what they used to be but whatever she does, whether it's the Epix debut of her top-selling MDNA tour, the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Benefit or simply taking a stroll in New York, the world is still watching.

As for Janet, nobody cares. As far back as 2001, her career was over and I remember she cancelled her world tour and at the time, post 9/11, said it was due to security concerns. The truth is NOBODY was buying tickets and she needed an out.

Even her last tour was totally stripped down to the bone and she was playing at small venues that frankly wreaked of desperation and even these didn't sell out.

I mean, to even mention Janet in the same breath as Madonna in laughable. They are in entirely different constellations.

Janet had a good run, didn't ride on the coat-tails of that horrific family (though nobody would have likely paid attention in the beginning had it not been for her last name, let's be honest) but it's over. It was not in her DNA to sustain her career over a lifetime. Madonna has done it, Janet has not.

As for Jennifer Lopez, she's another one that the world simply cannot get enough of. Yes, her talent is questionable but at 42 years old, she has never been more popular or looked more beautiful. I'm sure it makes Janet feel terrible that someone just 5 years younger is so incredibly HOT right now, and absolutely at the apex of her career--and it is a bigger career than Janet had ever had--while Janet remains yesterday's news and looks like a frumpy old lady.

by Anonymousreply 15807/03/2013

R158 because the VadgeStanBots will buy anything from Vadge. She could "sing" (have to put quotations around that word when talking about her) a reptition of lyrics "I eat dog shit" for 3 minutes and you all would lap it up. MDNA sucked and the tour was simply about special effects and watching a nearly 60 year old woman jump around in lingerie.

Janet prefers to live a quiet life when she's not making music or movies (something Vadge was never successful at). Vadge has and always will be the ultimate attention whorena.

by Anonymousreply 15907/03/2013

[quote]My god, Janbot must be a cystal meth addict the way she keeps going and going and going.

First off, motherfucker, I was not the one who bumped this thread. So that's one big FAIL to you.

[quote]Honey, you can keep bagging on Madonna all you want but here's the simple truth: People still care. Yes, her album sales are not what they used to be but whatever she does, whether it's the Epix debut of her top-selling MDNA tour, the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Benefit or simply taking a stroll in New York, the world is still watching

People are watching, alright. They're watching her and shaking their heads at the decrepit 56 year old who's still dressing like a teen, who pays young gay dudes to be her "boyfriends" and whose own daughter won't even talk to her. And they're watching Janet too. She can't walk down the street in NYC without some pap taking her pic. She can't cut her hair, grow it out again or step out of a restaurant in LA without being talked about on both sides of the Atlantic or being chased by TMZ.

[quote]As for Janet, nobody cares.

Really? Is that why every pop tartlet these days worth her weight in make-up consistantly reference her as the icon who most inspired THEIR careers? Yeah? I thought so.

[quote]As far back as 2001, her career was over and I remember she cancelled her world tour and at the time, post 9/11, said it was due to security concerns. The truth is NOBODY was buying tickets and she needed an out.

Bullshit. In 2001, she had the longest-running Hot 100 #1 of the year, garnered the highest first-week album sales of her career, and became the first woman to have a #1 pop hit in the 80s, 90s and 2000s. Since then, she's toured the world, penned a #1 NY Times bestselling book, starred in a few films and inked a Lionsgate film deal. As for the ALL FOR YOU tour, a lack of ticket sales wasn't the issue. They had to expand the seating in the ALOHA STADIUM to fit demand, and it sold out across the States. Her previous tour, the Velvet Rope tour, was a massive success in the UK, and the AFY tour would have been as well. Don't hate her because she was more concerned for her own safety as well as the safety of her employees than touring overseas.

[quote]I mean, to even mention Janet in the same breath as Madonna in laughable. They are in entirely different constellations.

Bitch, please. Don't act like Janet didn't DRAG Madonna through the late 80s and the better part of the 90s by her black roots. While Janet was making movies, selling out tours globally, setting music industry records, being nominated for an OSCAR and signing landmark record deals, Madonna was struggling in a post-EROTICA world, making BASIC INSTINCT-ripoff movies and being the subject of "Whatever Happened to..." articles. She was lucky Alan Parker read her 12-page handwritten letter, felt sorry for her and gave her the part in EVITA.

[quote]Madonna has done it

Done what? Become a hot-ticket novelty act who can't sell an album to save her life (AKA lauging stock)? Oh, and by the way, she looks older than her age. As for desperation, Madonna REEKS of it. Her slutty-dressing, young man-dating act is old, tired and more pathetic than the gloves she wears over those withered and gnarled hands.

[quote]As for Jennifer Lopez, she's another one that the world simply cannot get enough of...

Have you lost your damn mind? This kind of nonsense should get you punched in your ugly face. Jennifer Lopez couldn't be Janet if she wanted to be (and boy, has she tried!). Janet opened the door for her. She gave her one of her first big breaks. Janet's legendary PLEASURE PRINCIPLE video inspired Jennifer to get into show biz. If not for American Idol, J-LO would have remained as washed up as she was a couple of years ago. She started as a Janet wannabe, became famous as a Janet wannabe and is STILL a Janet wannabe. You can't watch a JLO video and NOT see Janet's stamp all over it. Get a clue, moron.

by Anonymousreply 16007/03/2013

[quote]Janbot, do you think janet shaves her pussy?

This should answer your question.

by Anonymousreply 16107/03/2013

[quote]Janet sent out a publicity thing saying she was working on an album with Virgin, and Virgin came out and said they don't know anything about it. LOLOL

FAIL!

The new producers that Janet is working with for her upcoming record leaked a photo on their Twitter accounts of them hanging around the studio with her. She is currently overseas working on her new album. Your "Virgin" story is as lame as Madonna's last album was.

by Anonymousreply 16207/03/2013

160 I love you :) these VadgeStanBots really try it, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 16307/03/2013

[quote]Janet prefers to live a quiet life when she's not making music or movies (something Vadge was never successful at). Vadge has and always will be the ultimate attention whorena.

LOL! And that's the poetic justice of the entire situation (to quote the title of Janet's first motion picture). Janet grew up in the industry. She's been famous since she was a little girl. When Madonna was just a dirty street urchin whoring her way through NYC, Janet was collecting showbiz checks. Janet never craved fame the way your Madonnas, your Mariahs and your JLOs do. They grew up wanting it--NEEDING it, whereas Janet LIVED it. It kind of makes me feel bad for Madonna. After all these years, you can clearly see that she's not satisfied. She can never be "too" famous, which is pathetic, particularly given how old she is. And I emphasize "old."

by Anonymousreply 16407/03/2013

[quote]these VadgeStanBots really try it, don't they?

Yes, and "try" is the operative word.

by Anonymousreply 16507/03/2013

JLOS?

Jennifer Lopez is nobody today. She's as relevant as Paula Abdul.

by Anonymousreply 16607/03/2013

[quote]I think Janet has never looked more lovely than when she slimmed down for Velvet Rope

You bet your sweet ass

by Anonymousreply 16707/03/2013

[quote]we've seen Janet's fat naked ass here, buddy, talk to the wall.

We've seen it alright, and it looks better than Madonna's face--anyday.

by Anonymousreply 16807/03/2013

At least she's not an embarrassing 55 year old woman with 4 kids who's resorted to wearing a diamond grill on her teeth, desperate to look "hip" to the kids like Vadge is now doing.

by Anonymousreply 16907/03/2013

She's so...

by Anonymousreply 17007/03/2013

...reductive

by Anonymousreply 17107/03/2013

JanBot tries and tries and tries, but the sad fact is that no one remembers Janice Jackson nor do they recall her music from when Clinton was prez. She's old and exhausted, her tinny little dolly voice pooped-out along with any inspiration she might have once had.

She's gone. Happy now in Ding-Dong Twinkie Heaven. Fat and corpus, forgotten and buried.

by Anonymousreply 17207/04/2013

Spoken like a true hater, R172.

Janet is slim, trim, gorgeous and looks ten times better than Madonna. She's a billionaire, MARRIED to a billionaire, is working on a new album, and still has just about every pop star of the new generation citing her as an influence. HAGdonna is old, gnarled, from gay boytoy to gay boytoy, has a shitty relationship with her first offspring, and is mostly known these days for being a pathetic shell of what she once was. The only thing she has going for her are those overrought tours that attract her sad elder-gay fanbase, and the last one couldn't even fill stadiums (she had to downgrade here in the Maryland/DC area from a stadium to an arena).

by Anonymousreply 17307/04/2013

Janbot lives in DC! Do you have a security clearance, Janbot?

by Anonymousreply 17407/04/2013

Well, she's great looking but she never could actually sing...about the same as Britney Spears. She was a performer but hopefully she doesn't have to do that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 17507/04/2013

[quote]Well, she's great looking but she never could actually sing...about the same as Britney Spears

What the fuck kind of statement is that? Britney Fucking Spears?? Britney is the white Janet clone--Janet 2.0--a complete and total wannabe doppelganger. To even mention the two women in the same breath without it being a statement about how Janet has obviously inspired every iota of Britney Spears' career and image is pure sacrilege. I laugh at your ignorance!

by Anonymousreply 17607/04/2013

[quote]Janbot lives in DC! Do you have a security clearance, Janbot?

Not exactly, lol.

by Anonymousreply 17707/04/2013

R173, that's not Janice Jackson. That is the puppet face from those SAW movies. Ewwww!

by Anonymousreply 17807/05/2013

R176: "What?? I loff at you! Har har har! I loff at you, you ignorant slut!!"

Janbot never stops lying. She is sick and depressed that no one cares about her ugly fat walking birthmark. Let's see what she'd look like without her "whitening" nose job. Can anyone provide a photo of what that talentless lard ass would look like?

by Anonymousreply 17907/05/2013

Love you Janbot! You keep cutting for the Goddess!

by Anonymousreply 18007/05/2013

I guess Madonna's relationships with her kids can be called into question because unlike Janet "Bloat" Jackson, she kept them! She didn't give them away to a sister.

But I digress...I think Janet would have been a WONDERFUL mother considering how amazing she's been with Paris--slapping her last year, getting caught lying about not letting the kids speak to their grandmother, and then being part of that crew that KIDNAPPED Katherine to try to get custody of the kids taken from her.

Yes, Janet Jackson is someone we should all idolize! HAHAHAHA. I'm so glad she's over the hill and retired.

by Anonymousreply 18107/05/2013

DAYUM! Janet makes Opah look svelte here! Maybe she ate her daughter!

by Anonymousreply 18207/05/2013

[quote]Love you Janbot! You keep cutting for the Goddess!

Love ya back, babe! These bitches just don't know, do they?

by Anonymousreply 18307/05/2013

[quote]I guess Madonna's relationships with her kids can be called into question

You GUESS?? That first child, Lola or whatever her name is, was just for show. The dude who knocked HAGdonna up all those years ago (I shudder with the thought of it) was just a sperm donor. The kid she had with that British dude probably only sees his decripit mum once a week, if that, and the two African kids she adopted (ala Angelina Jole--of course HAGdonna never has an original idea) were a mere publicity stunt.

[quote]But I digress...I think Janet would have been a WONDERFUL mother

You got that right.

[quote]with Paris--slapping her last year

FAIL! Paris herself debunked that falsehood on Twitter. Try again, twerp.

[quote]Yes, Janet Jackson is someone we should all idolize

Right again. And we all do.

by Anonymousreply 18407/05/2013

[quote]DAYUM! Janet makes Opah look svelte here!

Opah? Who the fuck's Opah? If you mean OPRAH, as in WINFREY, then, I think you have it backwards. Janet with her tiny self is always svelte next to the zaftig Miss O.

by Anonymousreply 18507/05/2013

I love how R172/R178/R179 goes WAY back in this thread with the Trolldar yellow. Me thinks we've stumbled upon the second biggest Janet fan on DL...next to me, of course...

by Anonymousreply 18607/05/2013

Always had a too much ass and hip action.

by Anonymousreply 18707/05/2013

duh, of course she cant sing, only Michael could sing in that family

by Anonymousreply 18807/05/2013

I think Janet is just divine but I truly haven't heard of ANYBODY else citing her as an influence. I have been googling all afternoon. The only group that shows up is TLC (and we know how THAT turned out for them), SWV and Smokey Robinson. Everyone else is citing Madonna, Barbra, Mariah and Diana Ross but Janet just show up anywhere. I guess once she smacked the shit out of her niece on camera (like an idiot!!) and then kidnapped her own mother and then wouldn't let her niece and nephew speak to her, they all just think of her as the third rail. Oh, that and when she embarrassed herself by letting her middle age tittie fall out of her shirt during the SuperBowl. HAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 18907/05/2013

[quote]think Janet is just divine

So does the rest of the world

[quote] guess once she smacked the shit out of her niece on camera

You, just like the other idiot, are one giant FAIL. Paris HERSELF debunked that silly rumor. Janet never touched that child, although with the way Paris was acting last year, she SHOULD have been slapped, and she's just lucky her aunt Janet is too kind a woman to go around smacking children.

[quote]when she embarrassed herself by letting her middle age tittie fall out of her shirt during the SuperBowl

Janet was 38 years old when her perfect tit graced the world in all its splendor. Hardly middle age. But thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 19007/05/2013

[quote]I truly haven't heard of ANYBODY else citing her as an influence. I have been googling all afternoon.

Well then, you're not only stupid, but you just wasted your entire day looking for something that was right in your ugly fucking face...

by Anonymousreply 19107/05/2013

[quote]I truly haven't heard of ANYBODY else citing her as an influence

by Anonymousreply 19207/05/2013

[quote]I truly haven't heard of ANYBODY else citing her as an influence.

by Anonymousreply 19307/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 19407/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 19507/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 19607/05/2013

Janbot, I think these bitches need to be reminded of originality.

by Anonymousreply 19707/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 19807/05/2013

CTFU Janet has flipped out over this thread

by Anonymousreply 19907/05/2013

"She was one of the first female pop icons that I could relate to." She's so vibrant, and has so much energy. She still has power. I’ve seen her on stage, and she can stand there for 20 minutes and have the whole arena scream at her. You have to love Janet.”

--Rihanna

by Anonymousreply 20007/05/2013

Gaga calling Janet an "absolute legend"...

by Anonymousreply 20107/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 20207/05/2013

"I want to inspire little girls the way people like Janet inspired me when I was young..."

-Beyonce, in her HBO documentary

by Anonymousreply 20307/05/2013

Various artists, from Britney and Destiny's Child to the late Aaliyah and Ciara speak on their Janet influence...

by Anonymousreply 20407/05/2013

At the time of its release, Peter Andre spoke about how his "Defender" video was a direct homage to Janet's legendary "Rhythm Nation" video

by Anonymousreply 20507/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 20607/05/2013

Boy, Janet sure influenced a lot of terrible artists.

by Anonymousreply 20707/05/2013

Kelly Clarkson is a big Janet fan and has covered Janet's "If" in concert

by Anonymousreply 20807/05/2013

[quote]Boy, Janet sure influenced a lot of terrible artists.

It's not the quality of aritsts she's influenced, dumb dumb. It's that her legacy permeates through any and all pop artists to come after her.

by Anonymousreply 20907/05/2013

Justin Bieber loves Janet

by Anonymousreply 21007/05/2013

Right, and if you keep digging, you'll see that Madonna always comes first when artists are talking about who they're influenced by. They probably add Janet to the list for some diversity. You know, you have one artist that is still selling out arenas around the world and another that has gained a ton of weight, tried to have her mother removed as caretaker for her niece and nephews, and hasn't done anything relevant since appearing on Good Times in the 70s'. Even Esther Rolle at the time said she didn't know what the fuss was about. And this is TRUE

by Anonymousreply 21107/05/2013

R&B singer paid tribute to RN in her "Pretty Girl Rock" video

by Anonymousreply 21207/05/2013

[quote]Right, and if you keep digging, you'll see that Madonna always comes first when artists are talking about who they're influenced by.

Piss yellow strikes again! Who the fuck said anything about that decrepit old coot, anyway? You're really showing your insecurities.

[quote]hasn't done anything relevant since appearing on Good Times in the 70s'

LOL! Right, besides becoming one of the best-selling female pop singers of her time, signing two of the biggest record deals in history, being nominated for an Academy Award, touring all over the world, selling over 100 million records worldwide, being the blueprint for nearly every pop singer (male OR female) to come after her, starring in films, penning a NY Times #1 bestselling book, winning a slew of awards and becoming a billionaire in her own right (besides marrying a good-looking man of equal riches), Janet hasn't done much.

Keep dreaming, bitch

by Anonymousreply 21307/05/2013

Her meme never captured the cultural zeitgeist. She occupies the same artistic space as Paula Abdul. There's nothing wrong with that. I enjoy a lot of things that never attained iconic status.

by Anonymousreply 21407/05/2013

That is, R&B singer Keri Hilson...

by Anonymousreply 21507/05/2013

Celeb Tweets about Janet

by Anonymousreply 21607/05/2013

Dear, anybody that wants a career of ANY duration would hardly be using Janet as 'the blueprint!' She had a good run, like Taylor Dayne or Michael Bolton, but was never able to have any sustainability. Her career had a very clear open and close. And it's okay. She doesn't exactly have the discipline to be Madonna and certainly doesn't have the looks or the public interest to be Jennifer Lopez. The only thing she can do at this point is be a novelty act, maybe do a one-woman show about growing up Jackson, sing a song or two (that's all her voice will allow anyway) or maybe 'record' a cd of Michael's music. Other than that, she's kind of in career free-fall.

by Anonymousreply 21707/05/2013

I remember when MTV gave her some award and Timberflake acted like he was creaming over her. But after Tittygate he sure distanced himself.

by Anonymousreply 21807/05/2013

[quote]Her meme never captured the cultural zeitgeist

You're either living in a fantasy world, or just crawled out from under a rock. Her catchphrase "Janet, Miss Jackson if You're Nasty" was HUGE in the '80s, and has popped up through the years in pop culture ever since, whether someone refers to herself as "____, Miss ___ if You're Nasty", or if a writer references Janet herself as such.

Furthermore, the song that begat that phrase, "Nasty", went on to inspire the name of a WWF wrestling team and the title of a late '80s TV series, for which "Nasty" was the theme song...

by Anonymousreply 21907/05/2013

Carmen Electra from BLENDER magazine, 2002:

"I wanted to be Janet Jackson"

"I saw the video for 'Nasty', and was blown away. There were no other girls like her. I had my mom take me shopping to buy clothes like hers. I permed my hair and dyed it black. I wanted to dance like her. I wanted to be Janet Jackson."

by Anonymousreply 22007/05/2013

Further proof of that "Nasty" 'cultural zeitgeist'

The TV series PSYCH used it in its season 7 promos

by Anonymousreply 22107/05/2013

Carmen Electra? She is even worse than Janet.

by Anonymousreply 22207/05/2013

Last year Adam Levine Tweeted:

"Even for as huge as Janet Jackson is. I stil feel like her records are underrated. #brilliant"

He also likened this nude photo of himself as the "male version of that Janet Jackson Rolling Stone" cover

by Anonymousreply 22307/05/2013

I love how R217 talks as though he actually believes what he typed. Jennifer Fucking Lopez??? Ha! If not for Janet, Jennifer Lopez would be nowhere. It was Janet who inspired J-Ho to get into show business in the first place. Janet also gave J-Ho her first break, and is ten times prettier and more talented (Jennifer wish she possessed one iota of Janet's beauty, including her famous mega-watt smile). She's another in a long line of Janet wannabes, ala Britney, Ciara, Mya, etc.

As for MANdonna, well, even she admitted several years ago that she loved Janet's song "Feedback", and that it was in the top five songs on her iPod. We won't even go into the looks dept. when comparing Janet and Madonna, because, well, that'd just be unfair to Madonna (moreso than comparing J-Ho to her). She's never been pretty, but as she gets older she just gets more and more repulsive. It's not just the gap-toothed grin, but it's the veiny, sinewy, frail body and the sad and desperate attempt she's attempting at trying to stay not only youthful but relevant in a Lady Gaga world. Oh, and there's that fact that she has to pay gay young trade to be her fuck toys, since no decent man would want to be with her. We all know that Janet's beauty snagged her someone on a par with her own riches (a billionaire), which is the way it should be when you're a legendary pop star. In fact, Madonna should watch Janet and take notes.

by Anonymousreply 22407/05/2013

[quote]She had a good run, like Taylor Dayne or Michael Bolton, but was never able to have any sustainability.

LMFAO! Now I KNOW you're joking. Taylor Dayne? The woman who came and went with the '80s? Janet became a star in the '80s and has been one ever since. And Janet, never able to have any sustainability? Bitch, are you mad? When Janet's "Control" album came out in 1986, it began a streak of #1 albums that would continue until 2001's "All For You". Her three albums following AFY would be #2, #2 and another #1. She was the only female to amass 5 consecutive #1 Billboard albums until Madonna RECENTLY tied that record. It took her years to just TIE the record. Janet was also the first female to have a Hot 100 #1 in the 80s, 90s and the 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 22507/05/2013

Speaking of Janet's 1993 Rolling Stone cover, it remains one of the most emulated and parodied photographs of a female pop star--ever. Everyone from Kathy Griffin, to Kat Von D, to Guy Ritchie/Benicio Del Toro/Brad Pitt, to Mel B., to Lara Croft has paid homage to the legendary cover.

by Anonymousreply 22607/05/2013

More Janet 'cultural zeitgeist':

The famous "LatelyBass" preset on the Yamaha TX81Z (used extensively on house and techno songs of the late 1980s and 1990s) was based on the bass tone of "What Have You Done for Me Lately", and subsequently named after it as well.

by Anonymousreply 22707/05/2013

'Cultural zeitgeist' of the Rhythm Nation kind...

by Anonymousreply 22807/05/2013

RN 'Hello Kitty'

by Anonymousreply 22907/05/2013

RN Mickey Mouse

by Anonymousreply 23007/05/2013

Madonna doing her best (i.e. lamest) rendition of "Rhythm Nation"

by Anonymousreply 23107/05/2013

More zeitgiest for R214:

Janet popularized the headset microphone after wearing it in several videos and performances in the '80s. Soon after, artists from Madonna to Bobby Brown were seen wearing them in videos and during performances.

by Anonymousreply 23207/05/2013

In the 1980s, Janet's "Control" album spawned a littany of copycat divas in its wake, including Jody Watley, Paula Abdul, Karyn White, Nia Peeples, Vanessa Williams and Pebbles.

Here, Pebbles and Whitney Houston talk about how Janet "Has it goin' on," and then some...

(at the 29 second mark)

by Anonymousreply 23307/05/2013

WOW, Janbot at R226, if they're doing it on the cover of PREGNANCY then it really IS a big deal.

Let's talk about pregnancy and Jannot, shall we? She was pregnant once, and for some reason made the infinitely selfish choice to give her child up, even though she had plenty of money to raise it herself. She wanted to have a pop music career. And we see how that turned out, don't we? She twirls on stage and whisper sings for a few years before getting shoved into retirement because No. One. Cares. Anymore.

Well, at least she has the comfort of her children and a healthy, supportive extended family as she enters her twilight years.

Oh, wait. No she doesn't. She gave away her only child, and her family is a hot fucking mess from her parents through to her illegitimate half-step nieces and nephews. She's got nothing but the oil prince she's prostituting herself for. Sad. Very, very sad.

by Anonymousreply 23407/05/2013

Janbot gurl, I love your valued work on this site. I have a question I'd love for you to answer honestly: why, in your opinion, does it seem like most of the haters of Janet are Vadge stans?

by Anonymousreply 23507/06/2013

JaniceBot is such a fucking dildo, lol. Look at her, copying and pasting furiously from the internet, all alone, while the rest of us are out with our friends being sociable and enjoying life.

If Janice Jackman ever had a chance for redemption, it was blown by JanBot putting her own psychosis on display again and again and again and again......all alone.

by Anonymousreply 23607/06/2013

Fuck your whore grandma, R235. I don't like either of them.

by Anonymousreply 23707/06/2013

R234 / R237 well who do you stan for?

by Anonymousreply 23807/06/2013

[quote]as she enters her twilight years

But enough about Madonna...

[quote]the oil prince she's prostituting herself for

Correction: The billionaire cutie who matches her OWN billionaire status. Y'know, the wealthy always run with the wealthy. Oh, and they're married.

[quote]She twirls on stage and whisper sings for a few years

LMAO! The gall of some of you people! No, sweetheart. She cultivated her renown choreography and stage presence over a lengthy period of time (try twenty-five and counting)--a stage presence that has inspired every pop star ruling the charts today.

[quote]WOW, Janbot at [R226], if they're doing it on the cover of PREGNANCY then it really IS a big deal

Oh no, honey. That's not the only cover to pay homage to Janet's legendary 1993 Rolling Stone cover. Shall we take a tour?

by Anonymousreply 23907/06/2013

Janbot, what about the child she rejected? And no weak denials this time, hunty--you know she had that baby.

by Anonymousreply 24007/06/2013

Janet Dubois is hardly a billionare, a level by the way, which Madonna reached this year based on the overwhelming success of MDNA. I believe Janet has about $40 million left. Twinkies and ho ho's are expensive, yo

by Anonymousreply 24107/06/2013

Kat Von D pays homage to the RS cover

by Anonymousreply 24207/06/2013

Kathy Griffin paying homage

by Anonymousreply 24307/06/2013

Singer Teyana Taylor paying homage

by Anonymousreply 24407/06/2013

Where is she buried? Is she with Michael in Los Angeles?

by Anonymousreply 24507/06/2013

A simple DNA test could clear this up. But its really not any of our business. It's not like we know the parties involve. Would your life be complete if she was or not the daughter of Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 24607/06/2013

As for the comment that she looks like Janet Jackson people tell me often I resemble Natalie Cole. Wish I had her voice, I'd sing back up just to get out of my going no were job.

by Anonymousreply 24707/06/2013

Late rapper ODB got in on the act...

by Anonymousreply 24807/06/2013

Mel B. paying homage

by Anonymousreply 24907/06/2013

English actress Jorgie Porter paying homage

by Anonymousreply 25007/06/2013

Lara Croft and Duke Nukem

by Anonymousreply 25107/06/2013

Cartoon copy

by Anonymousreply 25207/06/2013

Janbot, this was pathetic at Fat von D and there are no words for the nonsense that followed that. Stop it. Your idol will be getting new knees next year, and she could never sing, write songs, speak intelligently about anything in interviews, wear her own hair or say "no" to ice cream.

And she wouldn't raise her own child.

by Anonymousreply 25307/06/2013

[quote]Janbot gurl, I love your valued work on this site. I have a question I'd love for you to answer honestly: why, in your opinion, does it seem like most of the haters of Janet are Vadge stans?

I think it's just the same innate jealousy and insecurities that plague the shriveled old prune they worship. Madonna has had a history of being insanely jealous of any woman who dares achieve a level of great success in pop music. It started with Janet (the "Bite your tongue" remark in TRUTH OR DARE) and has gone all the way through to Lady Gaga. It's kind of sad, really. Clearly MMadonna knows her limitations, and she knows that these other women in which she heaps hate upon are more beautiful and talented than she is, hence the reason she's always attempting to cut them down, and hence the reason her flock of sheep follow suit. They're all pretty pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 25407/06/2013

[quote]Look at her, copying and pasting furiously from the internet, all alone, while the rest of us are out with our friends being sociable and enjoying life

Yeah, sure. Out "enjoying life," all the while "furiously" posting to DL on your little smartphone. Oh the hypocrisy!

by Anonymousreply 25507/06/2013

[quote]Janet Dubois is hardly a billionare

No, but Janet Jackson certainly is!

by Anonymousreply 25607/06/2013

The Minogue sisters pay tribute to Janet...

Danni Minogue's Janet medley

by Anonymousreply 25707/06/2013

Kylie's "Too Much of a Good Thing" contains a vocal sample of Janet's "Control"

by Anonymousreply 25807/06/2013

What is the "bite your tongue" comment? I didn't know Vadge dissed Janet in "Truth Or Dare"!!!

by Anonymousreply 25907/06/2013

WAIT. All this talk about Janet. Is she dead?

by Anonymousreply 26007/06/2013

Pathetic JanBot loser leading a loser's life.

by Anonymousreply 26107/06/2013

[quote]What is the "bite your tongue" comment? I didn't know Vadge dissed Janet in "Truth Or Dare"!!!

Yep. It was the first sign of Madonna's raving mad jealousy of Janet. In the scene where she and her dancers are in a dept. store and she's trying on outfits, one of her dancers remarks that an all-black ensemble she's wearing is "Very Janet Jackson, Rhythm Nation." Madonna then sticks her head out of the dressing room and says, "Bite your tongue." It's hilarious and pitiful at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 26207/06/2013

Madonna also paid tribute to janice when she was prepping for her Super Bowl halftime show, you know, the one that was seen by more people around the world than any halftime before or after? In rehearsal she told the international press that was watching (while Janice was grazing like the cow she is) "You don't have to show nipples to be interesting. That was kind of pathetic, don't you think?"

Why yes, we did think Janice was and remains pathetic. So happy she retired and denounced her US citizenship like the true Jackson she is.

by Anonymousreply 26307/06/2013

R262 wow, Vadge has always been so pathetic and insecure. She never liked other women who were more talented, popular or pretty than her if they were her age or younger.

by Anonymousreply 26407/06/2013

The only fanbase that GrandMadonna has left is middle aged gay men 46 and up. She's a non-entity to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 26507/06/2013

So envious Janet is fucking winning in every way. She could care less about you bitter queens.

by Anonymousreply 26607/06/2013

[quote]So happy she retired and denounced her US citizenship like the true Jackson she is.

No, sweetie. Janet is married to a fellow billionaire, and has homes all over the world--the USA included. She is currently overseas working on her new album (no retirement here), but her citizenship here remains intact.

[quote]Madonna also paid tribute to Janet when she was prepping for her Super Bowl halftime show

Not only when she was prepping it, but during the actual show itself (as well as during the lousy MDNA tour when she foolishly flashed one of her wrinkled funbags, ala Janet). However, the missing element in the outcome of HAGdonna's show was talent. The HAG nearly tripped in those ridiculous platform boots she was wearing, and she just looked pitiful prancing around on that ridiculously overblown stage with her non-dancing self, trying to keep up with younger, more relevant artists. And that stupid "Hey Mickey" rip-off song of hers just seemed even sadder when she did it at the SB. Janet's SB performance, titty slip and all, trounced the HAG's show, because Janet can actually perform and DANCE--and that's just for starters. Every SB halftime show since Janet's 2004 show is immediately compared to hers. There's a reason Billboard's recent Top 10 SB Halftime Shows list placed HAGdonna's halftime show at #8 while Janet's landed at #2...it's because Janet's WAS BETTER.

by Anonymousreply 26707/06/2013

Fellow billionaire

by Anonymousreply 26807/06/2013

just found the janice trolls pic! MY GOD, no wonder she's obsessed with that that fat over the hill least talented jackson!

by Anonymousreply 26907/06/2013

[quote]just found the janice trolls pic! MY GOD, no wonder she's obsessed with that that fat over the hill least talented jackson!

Martin Lawrence in drag? Ha! You could've done a little better than that! You're post reeks of the same desperation that permeates MANdonna's career. I mean, the misspelling and double words and all...

by Anonymousreply 27007/06/2013

YOUR post, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 27107/06/2013

lmao R267

by Anonymousreply 27207/07/2013

Surely Janet is too old to have a child, right? I mean, it's been almost a quarter of a century, isn't it time for her to get knocked up and to give away another kid to another member of that horrific family?

by Anonymousreply 27307/07/2013

R273 Vadge you do post a lot in Janet threads.

by Anonymousreply 27407/08/2013

Janet's 47 years old. She's barren.

by Anonymousreply 27507/08/2013

[italic]I'm gonna feedbag, feedbag, oh, feedbag, feedbag, OH![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 27607/08/2013

Sexy!

by Anonymousreply 27707/08/2013

I ate all the McNuggets,

by Anonymousreply 27807/08/2013

Who wanna eat Janet's pussay?

by Anonymousreply 27907/08/2013

This is Tranet's daughter, Renee.

by Anonymousreply 28007/08/2013

The real question is whether or not she has fingerbanged herself enough to fill an entire disc.

by Anonymousreply 28107/08/2013

Dunk's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 28207/08/2013

Oooh, R275-R280/R282, you got ISSUES, girl.

by Anonymousreply 28307/08/2013

wow the anti-Janet trolls on this site are psycho.

by Anonymousreply 28407/08/2013

Indeed, R284. They're like a cult.

by Anonymousreply 28507/08/2013

Please

the anti-Janet's make more sense then janebot who's in total denial and repeats their "facts" over and over.

by Anonymousreply 28607/08/2013

Janet Jackson may have "ridden" the coat tails of her brother(s) but she still had to PROVE herself in order to keep her rewards. It's one thing to get something, but one has to know how to keep it. so suck it fool!

by Anonymousreply 28707/08/2013

Wait, seriously: is Janice dead?

by Anonymousreply 28807/08/2013

r287, Janet's career: 1986-2001, and I'm being generous with anything that came after 1997's "The Velvet Rope".

by Anonymousreply 28907/09/2013

She 'was' OK back then in the late 80's and 90's and agree with [R289] nobody gives a fuck after Velvet Rope... its like the more weight she lost the bigger of an ass hole she became.

by Anonymousreply 29007/09/2013

After "The Velvet Rope" she pulled a Madonna and went backwards, trying to get hits on radio. Madonna released "Ray of Light" around the same time as "The Velvet Rope." They both became crap after those albums, and it commenced 2000-, just as they were beginning to be taken seriously. Oh, and Janet hooked up with that ugly troll, Jermaine Dupri, just as Madonna did with that asshole Guy Ritchie in the early 2000s. Both men had terrible effects on their careers.

by Anonymousreply 29107/09/2013

"Feedback" was a hot song and I thought it should have been a hit.

by Anonymousreply 29207/09/2013

The music video for that song was ghetto as hell. She was dancing in a bowl of Cheerios.

by Anonymousreply 29307/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.