Amanda Bynes throws bong out 34th floor window

oh dear

by Anonymousreply 14206/04/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 105/24/2013

Oh dear.

What a waste of a bong!

by Anonymousreply 205/24/2013

...and in other news, police found 10 lbs of marijuana under Amanda's bed, but no bong.

by Anonymousreply 305/24/2013

Yeah, agree with the schizophrenia. She's at the age when it goes full throttle, so to speak. I hope her parents are able to help her. She needs to be in a psych ward for a couple months to get stabilized and on medication.

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2013

Yep, she's mentally I'll and she is in her late 20s which is when schizophrenia typically kicks in for women. I wonder if she's self medicating because she's mentally ill or if the drugs have brought on psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2013

her parents must have finally got the cops involved - -it's about time. she was busted for smoking pot in the lobby of her building then threw bong out window when cops came up to her room. her weave looked very plastic on the perp walk on the news this am

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2013

Oh dear.

Her hair looks terrible. It's certainly mentally ill. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

They just dont make bongs like they used to.

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

I enjoy celebrity gossip but this is just sad. My sister suffers from mental illness- it wasn't diagnosed at schizophrenia but rather bi-polar. It was right around the same time at Britney Spears and the similarities were shocking. They both shaved their heads and took to wearing wigs. Fortunately my sister is straightened out more or less but watching Amanda go through this is really heart breaking.

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013

Her hair is a wig. You can see the tracks. Everything she wears is expensive. That's a real Versace sweatshirt.

She's rather fascinating now.

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2013

The article even says it's a wig. Doesn't anyone read?

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2013

I think this is really sad. It's beyond just wanting attention by posting selfies, etc. Her parents need to call Britney's dad STAT.

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

White girl going broke problems....

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

I live here in New York and I confess, I have absolutely NO idea who this person is.

I've seen her mentioned here and I've seen a passing reference to her antics on a couple of websites, but other than that I have no idea why she's noteworthy.

Is she a reality star or a singer I've somehow missed? Who is this woman?

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2013

Why has Reba been so silent?

by Anonymousreply 1605/24/2013

I'm beginning to like her more and more. She would have scored major points if the bong had taken out a pedestrian, preferably a doughy eyed tourist taking it all in.

by Anonymousreply 1705/24/2013

Is she a British celeb? I live in NYC, and like R15, I have never heard of this woman.

by Anonymousreply 1805/24/2013

From now on you're wearing a giant P on your blouse EVERY DAY to school so that the whole world knows that Penny Pingleton is permanently and positively punished!

by Anonymousreply 1905/24/2013

[quote]Is she a British celeb? I live in NYC, and like [R15], I have never heard of this woman.

Did you see the movie musical "Hairspray"? She played Tracey's best fiend Penny. She was a kid actor with her own show called "The Amanda Show". IMBD.com is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 2005/24/2013

Thanks, R20. No, I have not seen Hairspray.

by Anonymousreply 2105/24/2013

Byrnes was a child actress on shows watched by kids, so she's famous to people closer to her own age. She's like Melissa Joan Hart or Hillary Duff.

by Anonymousreply 2305/24/2013

She was a relatively big tween celebrity. Anyone under 25 would know who she is. She was actually quite talented as a child star but didn't transition too well to adult roles. Watching someone self destruct like this is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 2405/24/2013

"Who IS she? Who WAS she? Who does she hope to be?"

by Anonymousreply 2505/24/2013

Someone HELP her! Don't just sit there like a bump on a log!

by Anonymousreply 2605/24/2013

[quote]Did you see the movie musical "Hairspray"? She played Tracey's best fiend Penny. She was a kid actor with her own show called "The Amanda Show". IMBD.com is your friend.

Amanda was also in the TV show "What I like About You" and the comedy film "She's The Man" with Channing Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 2705/24/2013

That show she did with Jenny Garth was actually quite decent. She is a very good comedic actress.

Would never have guessed she'd go off the deep end like this but she did start her career really young. She was doing stand-up comedy in NY clubs when she was just a little kid. I have to question parents that think that's okay.

Maybe they've (the parents) realized their past mistakes and are trying to help her? She definitely needs an intervention. I feel so sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 2805/24/2013

I didn't think anyone wore Versace anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2905/24/2013

She also played Emma Stone's bible thumping nemesis (excellently, I might add) in "Easy A". She was a very big tween celeb.

by Anonymousreply 3005/24/2013

she's not a nobody, was a big tween star, tv and movies, and not without talent. she began to take more adult comic roles then this insanity started. schizophrenia? how can you all be so sure. coke and meth, even pot create madness. maybe we'll finally see whats up with her. and my god, if her meltdown isnt entertaining lol!

by Anonymousreply 3105/24/2013

[quote]That show she did with Jenny Garth was actually quite decent.

"What I Like About You" was probably her most lucrative gig. It was a respectable hit on the CW network.

She also (like many other female teens) did aa gender-bending teen movie where she was a soccer player who dressed up as a boy. It had the obligatory climactic scene where she dares kiss the object of her attention on what seems like boy-on-boy action, to the dismay of her beau. I can think of at least five movies with similar premises, but cannot come up with the name of a single one.

by Anonymousreply 3205/24/2013

duh, 'just one of the guys'

by Anonymousreply 3305/24/2013

cmon what oldsters really don't know Amanda Bynes? V. sad - she was pretty talented but got just whacked in the past 4-5 years..

Anyway - they let her go from Jail and she PASSED the psych test .. for not being Crazy/dangerous!

The judge/drs must not have been on twitter.

Keep an eye out NYC - she loves time square.

by Anonymousreply 3405/24/2013

[quote]she's not a nobody, was a big tween star, tv and movies, and not without talent. she began to take more adult comic roles then this insanity started.

This. She started as a kid in the big hit show, All That. It was SNL for kids on Nickelodeon and was quite good. Agreed with other posters that she was quite a good comedic actress, so for those of us who know this, this turn of events is pretty sad.

Here's a link of Amanda through the years for those who dont' know her:

by Anonymousreply 3505/24/2013

Pathetic, I'm sorry, but it really is. She's got how much money and fame, and this is how she ends up. Just absolutely pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 3605/24/2013

No surprise she passed the psych test. The court just wanted to get her processed and so long as she is not a dange to herself or others, the system does not give a fuck. She is clearly mentally ill. It's not drug abuse, although that is a component. She's probably also very good at convincing people that she's perfectly okay. Many mentally ill people are extremely good at that.

by Anonymousreply 3705/24/2013

I'm sorry - but her wearing that crooked raggedy wig in court like that was normal, should have been enough to send her to Bellevue.

by Anonymousreply 3805/24/2013

The court appearance wig.

by Anonymousreply 3905/24/2013

She was far from being a bit player in Hairspray she was supporting and quite good...

by Anonymousreply 4005/24/2013

Amanda dear, Your cousin IT called and want it's wig back. Damn. Celebrities can't afford 100% human hair wigs? Do they really have to get the cheap synthetic stuff?

by Anonymousreply 4105/24/2013

[quote]she was busted for smoking pot in the lobby of her building then threw bong out window when cops came up to her room.

NYC cops have that much time on their hands?

by Anonymousreply 4205/24/2013

Rumors have been swirling has it the bong fell 34 floors out the window and landed on the head of Elaine Stritch.

What a sad coincidence since she was only back in NYC for the day and headed back to Michigan tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 4305/24/2013

Elaine was so drunk she never felt a thing.

by Anonymousreply 4405/24/2013

My cousin's friend who is a stylist to ALL the big washed up child stars in New York says that Amanda had the John Tesh version of Melissa Etheridge's [italic]Come To My Window[/italic] on repeat! Amanda was just waiting to drop that bong on somebody.

by Anonymousreply 4505/24/2013

So she shaved her head too, must be a sign of bi-polarism. She also got 2 piercings in her cheeks. I wonder how much dough she has left? She also tweeted she wanted Drake to destroy her vagina. She is constently tweeting about how the tabloids show old photos of her and that the editors are ugly and jealous. She will say, I have to sue! I have no choice but to sue! I also read a BI recently that she is a total nympho too and was fucking guys in her dressing room loudly on the set of the last show she did.

I guess the parents could 5150 her? Right? Where the hell are they?

by Anonymousreply 4605/24/2013

[quote]She is constently tweeting about how the tabloids show old photos of her and that the editors are ugly and jealous. She will say, I have to sue! I have no choice but to sue!

Get your own schtick, honey.

by Anonymousreply 4705/24/2013

Amanda Bynes in court! In blonde wig and shaved head mug shot!

by Anonymousreply 4805/24/2013

R43 and R44 you both made me laugh my ass off. Too bad Vera Charles That's All Chat snarky Broadway message board is gone. We could have used you over there!!!

by Anonymousreply 4905/24/2013

A miracle no one was injured.

by Anonymousreply 5005/24/2013

Look at that pic at R39. Did she get so high she forgot to finish her nails?

by Anonymousreply 5105/24/2013

r51 - the article mentions that all her nails were cut except for one.

by Anonymousreply 5205/24/2013

What's banged, bonged, blonde and wigs out?

by Anonymousreply 5305/24/2013

Amanda Bynes has much more than a "bit part" in Hairspray. She actually has a rather sizable supporting and singing role, and was excellent. This is so sad.

Where does she live in midtown? Does she rent at The Broadhurst on West 47th?

by Anonymousreply 5405/24/2013

She actually looks kind of cute in mugshot. Androgynous but cute.

by Anonymousreply 5505/24/2013

R46, Before she began to behave strangely she always had a good relationship with her parents. She lived with them until her early 20s. She was never one of those party girls. And then she started to date bad boys. I'm guessing, although I have no proof, that her parents would gladly help her, but she probably far wealthier than they are so she might able to keep them at bay. She's also 27 or 28 so she's an adult and don't think you just announce you want someone committed. Even yesterday, after her assessment, the authorities still didn't decide she's crazy. Even though she clearly is. If you think back to the Britney drama a few years ago, she kept her parents at bay for a long time.

This is obviously just speculation about Amanda, but In basing it on my aunts experience. She had a lot of trouble getting my cousin committed, despite the fact that she was clearly very ill. She was only committed, against her will, after she threatened someone.

by Anonymousreply 5605/24/2013

In court she said it was a vase that she threw out the window, not a bong.

Amanda, if you didn't like the vase I gave you, then you could have just re-gifted it to your drug dealer. Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 5705/24/2013

That wig is odd. In the mugshot, she looks like Miley Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 5805/24/2013

She's taking "changing her image" to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 5905/24/2013

there's an explanation guys, that fucking vase was obviously whispering at her

by Anonymousreply 6005/24/2013

Am I just the only person who wants to beat her ass??

She's acting like a goddamn fool and she knows it.

If she is having some sort of a mental break, go get help.

Go get some fucking help.

by Anonymousreply 6105/24/2013

Why doesn't she throw herself out of the window?

She should land on Lindsey Lohan and crush her!

How does Amanda Bynew still have money? Just the other day, she tried to board a private jet for LA but had no ID. She told the pilot to Google her!

They did not allow her to board. How can she afford to fly private form NY to LA?

by Anonymousreply 6205/24/2013

She did a movie with Colin Firth as her long lost English dad and Eileen Atkins as her long lost English granny. It was terrible, of course, a clone of AnnE's "Princess Diaries".

by Anonymousreply 6305/24/2013

I loathe Eileen Atkins. Her and Hydrangeas.

by Anonymousreply 6405/24/2013

[quote]If she is having some sort of a mental break, go get help.

Then HELP HER! Don't just sit there and complain about it!

by Anonymousreply 6505/25/2013

She should die!

by Anonymousreply 6605/25/2013

OMG!!!! The poor sugar. Her skin looks atrocious. Isn't that a sign of drug use?

by Anonymousreply 6705/25/2013

I agree this is very sad. Unlike Britney, Amanda has genuine talent -- she can sing and is a marvelous comedic actress.

by Anonymousreply 6805/25/2013

Why are all the young actresses going crazy?

by Anonymousreply 6905/25/2013

R69, I was wondering the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 7005/25/2013

Ok, old and stupid here but what exactly is a bong?

by Anonymousreply 7105/25/2013

Bynes' idiocy makes decent, respectable potheads look bad. Watch her transform into an anti-drug zealot when she "reforms" too.

by Anonymousreply 7205/25/2013

A bong is a water pipe, often used for pot, but also used for tobacco and other substances like crack cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 7305/25/2013

R62 R66 what an ugly thing to say - even for a place like this. i hope karma is gonna bite you in the ass. she is sick, for fucks sake. it's not like you have to feel for her...but wishing death on more or less random people because you're tired of their antics is more than cruel.

by Anonymousreply 7405/25/2013

Thank you, R74. I have a mentally ill relative and watched them go down the rabbit hole in mid life. It was heartbreaking and it's own special kind of hell. You keep waiting for the old version of them to come back and they do when they are on their meds. But God help you if they go off them.

I know DL is known for being bitchy but sometimes I am just amazed at the almost sociopathic amount of meanness/lack of compassion on this site. Lord knows I can be the meanest old cat in the room but I like to think I've got a line I wouldn't cross. (Cue the pearl clutcher comments)

I know celebrities are ripe for ridicule, particularly if the paparazzi shoves them down our throats. Throw in Twitter and the 24/7 internet world we live in and it can easily become a sideshow to read about while having your morning coffee. I can only imagine how this girl's family feels watching their loved one fall apart in public and be powerless to do anything. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I am almost relieved that this girl got taken into custody and put before a judge. I'm hoping she gets some well-deserved help. Britney Spears was lucky to have her parents somehow convince her to let them help her. I don't know if Amanda Bynes will be as open.

by Anonymousreply 7505/25/2013

What if this is performance art? Maybe she will go to rehab, and make a comeback like that jewish girl form Slums of Beverly Hills?

by Anonymousreply 7605/25/2013

R75, BS's parents didn't convince her of anything. She had her legal agency taken from her. She couldn't even own a cell phone for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 7705/25/2013

She's mentally ill, a completely deluded paranoid schizophrenic. Hence so many tweets of hers being about how nobody should believe anything that doesn't come from her.

She thinks her parents are out to get her, hence the refusal to let them help. They're concerned, but don't care enough to get their asses to NY.

by Anonymousreply 7805/25/2013

Following Amanda Bynes‘ latest arrest in New York City Thursday — and her trip to Roosevelt Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation — RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that the 27-year-old’s parents, Rick and Lynn, recently consulted with several lawyers in hopes of getting a conservatorship for their troubled daughter, but were told they’d be unsuccessful because the actress didn’t meet the strict criteria.

“Rick & Lynn have met with several lawyers that handle conservatorships in the past month, because they want to get a conservatorship of their daughter,” a source told RadarOnline.com exclusively. “They have been advised that even as disturbing as Amanda’s behavior is, it’s very unlikely that a judge would sign off on a temporary conservatorship.

“Conservatorships are very hard to get, and being mentally ill and addicted to drugs isn’t enough. Amanda hasn’t ever been to rehab or ever agreed to see a mental health professional. Her parents are absolutely powerless to do anything at this point.”

by Anonymousreply 7905/25/2013

R62 is that true? Totally plausible but I hadn't heard that.

Unlike Lohan, Amanda has been working consistently as a child in both TV and film, and lived quite a low key life until her early-mid 20's. Around that time she flew her parent's coup and started hanging around Kid Cudi (alternative rapper). Cudi himself has been an open book about his own drug issues and based on the timeline of her erratic behavior I think it's safe to say he got her hooked on the rock. He was reportedly extremely disrespectful to her to, taking her cash and buying gifts for women on the side. He dumped her, and between the drugs and broken heart she couldn't handle it. I do think she has drug induced psychosis written all over her, and hopefully she can get the help she needs.

by Anonymousreply 8005/25/2013

Amanda Bynes is also the inventor of the term "hair cape" which is an amazing term. Here are some of her tweets about hair capes:

"Let's talk about hair capes and the different ways you can show someone you like their hair cape"

"well wow your hair cape sure does shine doesn't it"

"you sure did a good job styling that hair cape"

by Anonymousreply 8105/25/2013

Why is it that, mental illness notwithstanding, every time it's a woman who shows signs of substance abuse, some people feel compelled to find someone else to be the culprit who "got her hooked", as if women did not have a will and say of their own? In a way, this is a very misogynistic point of view.

Whitney got herself in trouble, Britney got herself in trouble, and Lindsay got herself in trouble. Psychosis and schizophrenia apart (I'll leave the experts to determine which came first in each case and what induced what - the drugs or the illness), these women could have simply said "no" or "enough for (at least) tonight."

by Anonymousreply 8205/25/2013

OMG, she just denied it all on her twitter and is claiming she was sexually assaulted!!

"Don't believe the reports about me being arrested. It's all lies. I was sexually harassed by one of the cops the night before last which is who then arrested me. He lied and said I threw a bong out the window when I opened the window for fresh air. Hilarious. He slapped my vagina. Sexual harassment. Big deal. I then called the cops on him. He handcuffed me, which I resisted, quite unlike any of the reports stated. Then I was sent to a mental hospital. Offensive. I kept asking for my lawyer but they wouldn't let me. The cops were creepy. The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window. That's why the judge let me go. Don't believe any reports."

by Anonymousreply 8305/25/2013

He slapped her vagina! That's a new one. Perhaps it was mouthing off!

by Anonymousreply 8405/25/2013

Is that really Amanda's twitter feed or a parody feed?

If it's real, it's very sad.

by Anonymousreply 8505/25/2013

DL is really slipping. 85 replies and not one mention of the hot arresting cop.

by Anonymousreply 8605/25/2013

Oh, and apparently he slapped her vagina. So she now accuses.

by Anonymousreply 8705/25/2013

Don't believe R83. R83 is someone else posting as R83. He's going to be sued. Mark my words. The real R83 would never use double exclamation points like that. I mean, come on, people.

by Anonymousreply 8805/25/2013

The thing is, even if it happened, nobody is going to believe her, sine you know.. she's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 8905/25/2013

She just wanted to she whether it would fly.

Did it?

by Anonymousreply 9005/25/2013

What "ugly faced black man" is she referring to in this tweet at Perez?

AmandaBynes @AmandaBynes - Tweeted on 23rd May 2013 10:26 @PerezHilton: the only thing sadder than your ugly face still writing stories about me is the fact that you think I'd even step foot in a room with that ugly faced black man.

by Anonymousreply 9105/25/2013

If true, R79, it must be so sad to be parents wanting to help your kid and not being able to.

by Anonymousreply 9205/25/2013

She is out and about and acting crazy again!

What a scary woman!

by Anonymousreply 9305/25/2013

Who ends up dead first,La Lohan or la Bynes. La Lohan is having too much fun fucking rich saudi princes whereas Ms Bynes looks like she's become a total druggie without the slutty and fun lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 9405/25/2013

R91 Some photographer she has an issue with.

by Anonymousreply 9505/25/2013

Hope she gets straightened out. I don't want her to go to hell. I grew up loving her on Nickelodeon and in her movies.

by Anonymousreply 9605/25/2013

I'm guessing it's synthetic marijuana causing all the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 9705/25/2013

She's accused her parents of stealing her cash and money laundering now. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 9805/26/2013

Yet another Disney channel mutant with too much money, set loose on the world.

by Anonymousreply 9905/26/2013

[quote]Yet another Disney channel mutant with too much money, set loose on the world.

I think you're on to something --- and it doesn't always necessarily have to manifest itself in terms of reckless behavior and drugs.

Let's make a list:

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

Lisa Welchel

Amanda Bynes

Lilo (not Disney Channel, but Disney Films)

Demi Lovato

Jonas Brothers

Miley Cyrus

Taylor Swift

Tyra Banks

Anne Hathaway

and

Shia LeBeouf

by Anonymousreply 10005/26/2013

She has now officially crossed the line. She posted on twitter that Chris Brown beat Rhianna because she is ugly. I am offended beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 10105/26/2013

Who the fuck is Amanda Bynes to say anyone is ugly, especially Rihanna, who is far more beautiful than her? She's trolling, she doesn't actually believe what she's tweeting, it's just for attention. I think she's trying to stage some kind of cheesy, tabloid comeback.

by Anonymousreply 10205/26/2013

Amanda you in danger gurl.

by Anonymousreply 10305/27/2013

Bump for this crazy lady

by Anonymousreply 10405/28/2013

I love Rihanna's twitter response: "You see what happens when you cancel Intervention."

by Anonymousreply 10505/28/2013

Intervention was cancelled? No!

by Anonymousreply 10605/28/2013

Wow, even Rihanna, knows Bynes is messed up.

by Anonymousreply 10705/28/2013

What really irks me (yes I have nothing better to do, apparently) is all of the fans and supporters she now has and the little twinks who call her a "queen" - please. This is NOBODY to look up to. I feel very sorry for her parents/family, who she also wants to sue and apparently has no contact with.

by Anonymousreply 10805/28/2013

Dan Schneider's abuse really did a number on her. It's no wonder so many of these kids are fucked up with people like him in Hollyweird.

by Anonymousreply 10905/29/2013

Who is Dan Schneider, r109?

by Anonymousreply 11005/29/2013

"Queen"?

by Anonymousreply 11105/29/2013

Wy doesn't someone report Schneider, r109? Everyone knows that he is a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 11205/29/2013

The more this goes on, the more I like her. The bit about the cop smacking her vagina was absolutely hilarious. Seems she is running low on money. We should start a fund to keep her in action.

by Anonymousreply 11305/29/2013

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 11405/29/2013

According to her parents, Amanda has had mental problems since she was a teenager. I'm guessing the beginning stages of schizophrenia.

I think Rhianna thinks the same thing too.

by Anonymousreply 11505/29/2013

Rihanna cancels concerts to smoke weed. She isn't one to be talking.

by Anonymousreply 11605/29/2013

R110 He's the guy who produced/wrote/directed The Amanda Show. He's the guy behind 90% of live action Nickelodeon shows from the past 15 years.

He also sexually abused a shitload of kids on those shows, including Amanda. There's also that Jeanette McCurdy girl, Jamie Lynn Spears, Miranda Cosgrave...

And R112 because if he got caught, then there'd be an investigation and so many others would be caught too. One goes they all go.

by Anonymousreply 11705/29/2013

For anyone curious, this is him btw.

by Anonymousreply 11805/29/2013

OMG, wasn't he an actor, the self absorbed budding film director in "The Big Picture?"

by Anonymousreply 11905/29/2013

Ye, he's the obnoxious film director in "the Big Picture." Great film, btw.

by Anonymousreply 12005/29/2013

Rumor has it that he got Amanda Bynes pregnant, and she had an abortion, when she was a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 12105/29/2013

Massive creep though. Has an intense foot fetish.

I'm pretty sure he's also doing things to Ariana Grande. There's a reason she's the one who got a second show rather than Victoria Justice.

by Anonymousreply 12205/29/2013

R121 Jamie Lynn's is his.

by Anonymousreply 12305/29/2013

According to her parents, they fear Amanda has schizophrenia. Apparently, she has heard voices in the past.

by Anonymousreply 12405/29/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 12505/29/2013

Dan Schneider = Fat kid on Head of the Class w/Robin Givens, Billy Connolly

by Anonymousreply 12605/29/2013

This is sad.

by Anonymousreply 12705/30/2013

she's apparently a little homophobe as well

by Anonymousreply 12805/31/2013

From R124's link: [quote]The Bynes family moved from Texas to Los Angeles several years ago to be closer to their daughter. One reason for the move was because, “for years, since Amanda was a teenager, she exhibited distressing behavior,” a source said.

[quote]“Amanda has heard voices for years, and was concerned she was being spied on via smoke alarms, and clocks in her home.

[quote]"She would cover electronic items because Amanda believed that was the only way she wouldn’t be spied on.

[quote]"It’s extremely sad situation because Amanda just refuses to get help.”

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 12905/31/2013

[quote]She would cover electronic items because Amanda believed that was the only way she wouldn’t be spied on.

I am going to start doing this when guests come to the house. Fantastic idea.

by Anonymousreply 13005/31/2013

I don't think we should be putting too much stock into anything Amanda says. She's clearly mentally ill. And if she does have schizophrenia, even with all the meds in the world, she may never be ok again.

by Anonymousreply 13105/31/2013

R129 Amanda has undergone scientology auditing. There's cameras in the smoke detectors and clocks in those auditing rooms in the Celebrity Center.

She's mentally ill, but she's not pulling this from nowhere. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 13205/31/2013

R132, schizophrenics often think radios or the television or clock radios are speaking to them. Sometimes they decide the voices they can hear is God or the Devil.Many schizophrenics are convinced they're being spied on. When your brain starts to malfunction like this and you begin to hear imaginary voices speaking to you as clearly as you can hear real people speaking to you, you would have to be able to explain where these voices are from to yourself. Perhaps they're coming from the radio? And when these voices suddenly know everything that youre doing then the logical explanation is youre being watched. If the reports are true, then Amanda has all the classic signs of schizophrenia. Scientology or no scientology.

Either way you're right though, it's sad. And her life will never be the same.

by Anonymousreply 13305/31/2013

R133, with all those classic signs, does she really have to hurt herself or someone else to get committed? She could so easily be taken advantage of or hurt living on her own in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 13405/31/2013

She looks like Cousin It.

by Anonymousreply 13505/31/2013

It's a pity that someone didn't throw Amanda Byrnes out 34th floor window. Save us all a lot of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 13606/01/2013

[quote], with all those classic signs, does she really have to hurt herself or someone else to get committed?

Yes, those are the commitment laws across states. And with the flux of homeless and uninsured going to Emergency rooms, good assessments about the individual's state of mind aren't really performed. Quick and dirty and of the moment. The police or perhaps hospital personnel could have argued that tossing a glass bong from such a height was potentially dangerous behavior to those below, but nothing came of that, did it?

by Anonymousreply 13706/01/2013

Well, I would like to help her.

Amanda, you are reading this right now, I think you need to get out of NYC for a while and party in New Orleans.

I have a 2 bedroom apartment in the French Quarter on the quiet end of Chartres, plenty of happy fun things to swallow, and I think you should come down here and dance with me.

by Anonymousreply 13806/01/2013

Seems like Bynes has a secondary twitter that sheds a bit more lights. Amanda was the first to follow this account and also retweeted it.

by Anonymousreply 13906/04/2013

R139: if that is her it gives more credence to the schizophrenia stuff her parents mentioned. Hearing voices (tweets) and all that.

by Anonymousreply 14006/04/2013

Therapist here. Years ago when I worked for state mental health center, I had a client (a black lady) who said she was Judy Garland and insisted that other clients in the transitional unit call her Judy.

I had another client who insisted that she was wearing a skillet on her head that was full of leeches.

Both of these women were in their 60's.

by Anonymousreply 14106/04/2013

Also Amanda's account has now been verified. We know it's definitely her (does this mean she's being represented now though?).

by Anonymousreply 14206/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.