Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Closet Cases who think it is too late to come out

What's to be done with them?

by Anonymousreply 1605/24/2013

Leave them alone!

by Anonymousreply 105/24/2013

if they're not actively pursuing anti-gay legislation or preaching conversion therapy, treat them with therapeutic courtesy

by Anonymousreply 205/24/2013

I do think it must be very awkward if they've made a career out of bearding and giving off a straight illusion.

One way around it is to say that you're bisexual, I suppose, but I think the public senses that true bisexuality is rare.

by Anonymousreply 305/24/2013

The wrath of Datalounge far outweighs the pain of any straight illusions the general public may have.

by Anonymousreply 405/24/2013

You mean like Richard Simmons who has NEVER officially come out? Bitch Please.

You wear nylons in your old age for gods sake!

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2013

It's never too late.

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2013

Out them.

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2013

[quote]true bisexuality is rare

Seems rampant in Hollywood, though.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

People are pretty sympathetic or have short memories on the whole though. Ricky Martin, Elton John, Portia de Rossi, etc. don't really get shit for their marriages/bearding. Just from fellow gays mostly.

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

Portia's was obviously for a green card rather than for a beard.

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013

R10, I thought so too but then I read her autobiography and surprisingly, it didn't actually seem that simple. I think she was confused and didn't want to be gay, understandably. Here's a quote -

"So it was surprising to me when I felt a rush of sexual attraction to Mel. (It was surprising to him, too, when I showed my attraction by breaking into his Holiday Inn hotel room, pummeling his chest and face and stomach while yelling “I’m gay,” and then having sex with him.) And not only was I attracted to him, I could actually imagine living with him and his black Lab, Shadow, in LA. The mere thought that maybe I was capable of living a “normal” life with a man made me so excited that at the airport lounge waiting for my connector flight that would take me to Sydney, Australia, via Los Angeles, I drew up another list of pros and cons, this time for getting off the plane in LA. Pros: 1. Acting. 2. Mel. Cons: Almost immediately after arriving in LA, however, the rush of sexual attraction evaporated into the thin air of my wishful thinking. By the end of our first year together, despite my desire to be attracted to him, my latent fear of my real sexuality was simmering and about to boil. I was almost positive I was gay. So I married him. The fact that I got shingles the minute we returned from city hall didn’t deter me from my quest to appear normal, and so my husband and I attempted a happily married life in an apartment complex in Santa Monica that had closely resembled the television show Melrose Place."

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2013

If you are speaking of yourself then decide what you want to do. Whatever makes you happy.

If you are speaking of someone else, you should mind your own fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2013

Why must you bring it up?

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

Out all those who are in a privileged position and don't help our cause.

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

As for "what's to be done with them," I have found that one can do an enormous range of things with them -- and they are often eager to try. But if you mean, "what's to be done ABOUT them," R12 is right on the money.

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2013

Totally disagree with R12.

by Anonymousreply 1605/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.