Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Forbes: Janet Jackson, Madonna, Julia Louis-Dreyfus NOT Billionaires

What is with the media saying all these celebs are billionaires in the past month?!

by Anonymousreply 4006/01/2013

There are a number of ways that the billionaire conclusion could be reached and that's why I think sometimes "billionaire" is ascribed to certain people.

Clearly, someone could simply have a billion dollars in cash sitting in various banks. They're not billionaires in that way.

But, then you get into cash, investments, assets including property, interests in business, realistic expected future income from royalties, licenses, businesses. Yeah, it's all accounting, but they'd be closer under such a broader calculation.

And, not that I necessarily agree, but I've seen "billionaire" used loosely when a person has simply earned a billion dollars over their career - kind of a gross billionaire, instead of a net billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

Janet's married to a billionaire, so technically she is.

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

Once again, Madonna leads a trend!

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

r2, he's not on any list either. Now his wealth is in question.

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

R4 That's because he's not a celeb you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

Who do I trust in this critical question?

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2013

Julia is not a billionaire. But she probably will be when she receives her inheritance.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

Janet is whoring herself to a billionaire, sucking and gargling with arab jizz for the price of a new pair of shoes, does that count?

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

R6 you seriously need to find some interest in life other than being a Madonna basher. Why the hate? Why the INTEREST? Do you have any friends, poor soul??

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013

Madonna 's Net Worth is in the range of $650 million to $800 million

Forbes themselves has even confirmed Madonna as the richest female singer of all time

In 2009 Madonna made $110 million, that set a record for highest annual earnings from a female musical performer

Madonna is due to break her own record with the upcoming Forbes list

Janet hasn't appeared on any Forbes list since 2002

Since then it's been flop album after floo album for Janet and even a cancelled flop tour in 2008, followed by a small theatre tout in 2012

Madonna on the other hand has had record breaking tour after record breaking tour.

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2013

Tee heheheheheh! You make us all laugh so hard in the morning, 'lil R12 !!

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

OH YES! Bow down to Lady Groupon and her flop tour. She shows us the way!

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 1605/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 1705/24/2013

Madonna's now a male Madonna impersonator. She's the ultimate postmodern symbol!

by Anonymousreply 1805/24/2013

R12 wait until Forbes releases their Celebrity 100 list for 2013, Madonna will demolish that ugly bitch in 2012 earnings, pretty impressive for someone that supposedly peaked 25 years ago.

Just like Madonna's MDNA Tour became the top grosding tour of 2012, while Gaga had to cancel dates on her Flop This Way Tour

Who won the Billboard awards last week for Top Tour of the Year?

by Anonymousreply 1905/24/2013

R15 how was the MDNA album the biggest flop in chart history? Madonna just won Billboard awards for the albums success for Top SELLING dance album and Top SELLING dance artist of 2012.

It wasn't a massive hit and it did have a huge second week sales drop, but it was hardly a flop either

It outsold recent albums by Britney, JLO, Christina, Nicki Minaj, Mariah, Streisand, Rihanna etc.

by Anonymousreply 2005/24/2013

R12 I hate to break it to you but Gaga is already over.

Her popularity has decreased big time in the last couple of years, hardly anybody ever talks about her anymore

She peaked in 2009 than became a flash in the pan

When Artpop is finally released, after Gaga gets out of rehab, it will sell even less than Born This Way, which sold lesd than The Fame Monster which sold less than The Fame

Poor thing peaked with her first album (LOL).

Madonna on the other hand is timeless her legacy is secure and in 5 years Gaga will be playing pride events, while Madonna will still be breaking records and selling out stadiums

by Anonymousreply 2105/24/2013

I knew that Janet Jackson thing was bullshit when I saw that "she has over $300 million from her movies". She hasn't been in that many hit films. The films she was in may have grossed over $300 million total, but she would get only a small share of that, and even her share would go in part to her agent, manager, taxes, etc. So there's no way she has even close to that figure from her movies. And the same thing applies to touring, albums, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2305/24/2013

There ain't nothing "timeless" about Madonna, r21. If she was timeless she wouldn't have spent the last decade desperately trying to find a way to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 2405/24/2013

[quote][R4] That's because he's not a celeb you idiot.

No, idiot! Forbes does the richest people IN THE WORLD. NOT JUST CELEBS. The article brings this up. Are you that goddamn stupid?

by Anonymousreply 2505/24/2013

[quote][R12] I hate to break it to you but Gaga is already over.

Nope, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 2605/24/2013

madbot is back!!!

by Anonymousreply 2705/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 2805/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 2905/24/2013

Streisand is close to Madonna in terms of wealth, as are Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. All of these women have a lot more money than Janet Jackson.

Streisand was the top female box-office draw for the entire 70s and she made huge amounts of money. She also got a big percentage of profits from the Fockers franchise, which has raked in over $1 billion worldwide. None of these other women have made big bucks from movies.

by Anonymousreply 3005/24/2013

r4 the Rothchilds and Rockefellers are not ever on these lists along with some other very old money families. Not everyone gets exposed on these lists for what ever reason.

by Anonymousreply 3105/24/2013

That untalented chick whose name starts with A who says that Madge and Guy and the feds go into her "archive of hit songs" and steal them is so fucking delusional. Sweetie, your songs SUCK. I saw your Myspace years ago...they are horrible! You need to be a WRITER instead of novels...topics of Illuminati, Secret Societies, Demonic pop artists, etc. That is your talent. I would SO buy your semi-autobiographical novels.

by Anonymousreply 3205/24/2013

R23, I can't even believe that article got published. Clearly Janet wouldn't make that much from her movies. It's like Republicans and their "facts".

by Anonymousreply 3305/24/2013

CAREFUL, R11! PLEASE DON'T SUMMON "SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED"!

by Anonymousreply 3405/24/2013

So we apparently are ALL in agreement: Janet Jackson does not come close to the cash that article stated for reasons well known to us.

And JANBOT still suffers from a peculiar psychosis of which she is not at all shamed to put on public display.

Clearly, she is a rabid anti-Madite.

by Anonymousreply 3505/24/2013

The calculation of Janet Jackson's billion included a running total of the gross revenues of various albums, tours, acting, etc. -- over the entire span of her 30-year career.

[quote] According to Variety, Jackson, who is one of the best-selling artists of all time, has earned $458 million thanks to her successful concert tours, $304 million from acting roles in films like "For Colored Girls" and "The Nutty Professor," $260 million in album sales, and more than $81 million from tour sponsorships and licensing fees.

By similar accounting, most anyone of any age who held down even a very modest job for a comparable span of years could just as well be called a millionaire.

If wealth were only measured by incoming funds, never taking into consideration the factors of time or expenses or outgoing funds, everyone would be fucking rich.

by Anonymousreply 3605/24/2013

R36, I'm a world famous half-a-millionaire. Come up to Yonkers and see me sometime.

by Anonymousreply 3705/24/2013

I think we need to turn this thread over to Janbot, who has an infinite knowledge into the private lives of these people because she is Janbot.

by Anonymousreply 3806/01/2013

Madonna is not worth 650 to 800 million dollars. Her fans love to inflate the truth.

About the Forbes article (It was Madonna's team that was apparently circulating the billionaire claims to begin with)

----------------------------------------------

"Six years ago, Forbes put her wealth at $325 million and since then, she hasn’t earned anywhere close to enough to reach $1 billion. The magazine says that she’s reached $320 million, but with all the taxes and other expenses she has to pay, that leaves $112 million for extravagances.

Forbes also notes that MDNA hasn’t been a smash success, only selling around 1 million worldwide in total. Also, artists only get a third of ticket sales usually, so Madonna would have only earned $100 million herself."

by Anonymousreply 3906/01/2013

Forbes' billionaire list probably operates like a protection racket. They probably threaten to list the billionaires unless they are paid off. So the real rich you never see in their pages. Certainly the richest gay guy I know has never appeared on any list even though he clearly has more money than any of the ones I've seen (including Mr. Chris Hughes).

by Anonymousreply 4006/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.